HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 08:36 AM
SeriousHabs

vCash: 500
Did anyone manage to get the Jets-Habs game on GCL yesterday? I am based in Montreal and I used a Montreal billing address, but I use VPNs out of New Jersey and Sweden. This is the first Habs game that I missed on GCL this season. For some reason, I've been having trouble with the Jets and Oilers games?

Is GCL cracking down using billing address? I'm pretty sure the the VPN is set up correctly.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Skraut

I couldn't get anything last night on the iphone application. Was at my local rink an hour early waiting for my beer league game, and every single game I tried to watch was "blacked out in my area." I live in Cleveland, so that usually blacks out Columbus games, but GCL also randomly blacks out Detroit, and Pittsburgh games. But last night, everything live was blacked out, though it let me watch games from the previous day just fine, so I know the application was working.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
CheerstoBeers

Has anyone else noticed that not nearly as many games are being shown in HD??

Is this because of the free preview?

I have had Center Ice the last few years for Bruins games and there was barely a game that wasn't in HD..This season thus far there hasn't been one Bruins game yet in HD, even though when ya watch the feed it says presented in HD, but they are not broadcasting the HD feed??

Old
01-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

I've escalated to a manager using their ticketing system, looking forward to talking to someone who actually works for the NHL.

Also going to take this to the media if we can't get a resolution soon! Come on, NHL dumping on it's most loyal fans, what a story!

Old
01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

I can definitely confirm that using the "Stealthy" plugin on Chrome works fantastic. Just goto NHL.com, enable the Proxy by using the button in the top right. Select the video and let it load (this will take awhile). Once it's done loading disable the proxy and you're good to go.

I was able to watch the Sabres game in HD last night despite living in Buffalo, and am now watching last nights NYI/PIT game well below the 48 hour "blackout" rule.

You don't even need to mess with the proxy settings. Unless you're miraculously unlucky, the one they give you will most certainly work.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:34 AM
The Hobgoblin

Has anyone gotten the PS3 app to work yet? I even deleted the app, redownloaded it and it patched. And it still gives the Error code 2: network connectivity too many users on at this time, try again later message. It brings it up immediately after the brief NHL logo shows and then it does nothing. I have tried watching this during the games, after games and before games like today and it NEVER gets past the error message. None of the other streaming apps I have on my PS3 are having problems but this one just refuses to work. I am beyond fed up.

Also, I go to nhl.com and try to sign in and tells me login service unavailable. Unreal. Is this working for anyone?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerstoBeers View Post
Has anyone else noticed that not nearly as many games are being shown in HD??

Is this because of the free preview?

I have had Center Ice the last few years for Bruins games and there was barely a game that wasn't in HD..This season thus far there hasn't been one Bruins game yet in HD, even though when ya watch the feed it says presented in HD, but they are not broadcasting the HD feed??
Unfortunately, cable providers have very little bandwidth available for sports packages, and thus generally only 1-2 games per night are available in HD (depending on your provider). DirecTV and GameCentre Live don't have these issues.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
rjviking11
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobgoblin View Post
Has anyone gotten the PS3 app to work yet? I even deleted the app, redownloaded it and it patched. And it still gives the Error code 2: network connectivity too many users on at this time, try again later message. It brings it up immediately after the brief NHL logo shows and then it does nothing. I have tried watching this during the games, after games and before games like today and it NEVER gets past the error message. None of the other streaming apps I have on my PS3 are having problems but this one just refuses to work. I am beyond fed up.

Also, I go to nhl.com and try to sign in and tells me login service unavailable. Unreal. Is this working for anyone?
Im still getting the same error message on ps3, nhl.com has been working fine for me. Ive been trying to call nhl gamecenter support, but Ive never been able to get through. I feel like Ive heard the highlights from the 2011 stanley cup 1000 times.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:35 PM
bigdinkel

Can someone PM me a discount code if possible for Game Center?

Old
01-30-2013, 03:01 PM
The Hobgoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjviking11 View Post
Im still getting the same error message on ps3, nhl.com has been working fine for me. Ive been trying to call nhl gamecenter support, but Ive never been able to get through. I feel like Ive heard the highlights from the 2011 stanley cup 1000 times.
You might want to keep calling. What happened to me was my username at nhl.com was the same as the one I had for years at Atlanta Thrashers official board and the same one here (The Hobgoblin with the underscore) and somehow their servers won't recognize a username with an underscore in it. So that account is lost in limbo. I had to create a new account, give them my PS3 mac address, cancel the gamecenter for the old account, get it again on the new account and now they are waiting to see if their putting in my MAC address by hand will work with the new account since my PS3 was still attached to the old account.

Blargh. It took me 1.75 hours on the phone today to do this and it still isn't resolved. The guy I spoke with said they'll call me back later tonight when on their end it looks like my app should work again. Here's hoping...

Old
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Hamburger3
Rookie User

Are people in the UK still finding games blacked out from well over 48 hrs ago using the PS3 app?

Old
01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Hybbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Did anyone manage to get the Jets-Habs game on GCL yesterday? I am based in Montreal and I used a Montreal billing address, but I use VPNs out of New Jersey and Sweden. This is the first Habs game that I missed on GCL this season. For some reason, I've been having trouble with the Jets and Oilers games?

Is GCL cracking down using billing address? I'm pretty sure the the VPN is set up correctly.
The swedish vpn shouldn't be working at all, seeing how viasat bought all the rights and have their "own" version of GCL, but I've been able to access almost all games since the start using my own IP. Blackouts in general seem a bit messed up this season though, at times some games seem to be blacked out but when I reload the page it suddenly works etc. Really, really strange. For a couple of days I didn't have a single blacked out game at all, but they came back.

I would say there's close to zero percent chance that they'll do something like blocking out billing addresses, since you need to be able to use the account if you're for example travelling.

A french VPN should work in all cases, at least mine does.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:22 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

2 for 2 on buffering in the middle of fights tonight

Old
01-30-2013, 06:23 PM
beertelescope

Have to revoke some of the love I showed the PS3 app initially. Live streams are stuttering pretty bad as with everyone else, and I did experience the game cutting back about 30 seconds and replaying what it just showed. I'm okay with the quality, it just seems that maintaining the quality is the issue.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:01 PM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
PS3 app works pretty good for me. It's like watching in HD on my TV now.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:10 PM
wilty00

vCash: 1004
Figures, the only games that it allows me to click on in the PS3 app are the ones that are blacked out. I can log in on my computer and load up the Wild game but the nothin on the PS3.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Does someone have a Country you can consistently use for stealthy? Took Japan now and it worked.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:23 PM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
Does someone have a Country you can consistently use for stealthy? Took Japan now and it worked.
no, I set it to pick random country, it's the fastest way. Use whatismyipaddress.com if you need to know the country.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Alicat
Charge!

With Gamecenter, is there a way to use the split screen feature to watch more than one game on either the iPad or Apple TV?

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-30-2013, 07:28 PM
dre2112

Anyone have the audio lagging behind like a minute from the actual video on the Habs/Sens game? I just purchased GC and so far it's been awful. Nothing's worked as it should.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
I can definitely confirm that using the "Stealthy" plugin on Chrome works fantastic. Just goto NHL.com, enable the Proxy by using the button in the top right. Select the video and let it load (this will take awhile). Once it's done loading disable the proxy and you're good to go.

I was able to watch the Sabres game in HD last night despite living in Buffalo, and am now watching last nights NYI/PIT game well below the 48 hour "blackout" rule.

You don't even need to mess with the proxy settings. Unless you're miraculously unlucky, the one they give you will most certainly work.
You are ripping off the league and its rights-holders by doing that.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Blacked out for all games on my IPad. What a garbage service.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:38 PM
dre2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Dawg View Post
You are ripping off the league and its rights-holders by doing that.
That's BS. I don't subscribe to any TV/Satelite services so why should I be blacked out for a game that is not available to my household anyways?

If anything I should be able to view it as part of my package since I am actually paying for it.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:38 PM
TheSnowLeopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post
Anyone have the audio lagging behind like a minute from the actual video on the Habs/Sens game? I just purchased GC and so far it's been awful. Nothing's worked as it should.
At least you can actually watch the game - it's blacked out here in BC.

The NHL needs to set up profit sharing with their partners and fix the blackout BS.

Cheers

Old
01-30-2013, 07:40 PM
TheSnowLeopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilty00 View Post
Figures, the only games that it allows me to click on in the PS3 app are the ones that are blacked out. I can log in on my computer and load up the Wild game but the nothin on the PS3.
That may just be a timing thing. The netcode of the PS3 app is awful with it often hanging on a network timeout before it can refresh. Just wait a bit before giving up.

Cheers

Closed Thread