Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

New Strategy for Risebrough

Old
06-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Lake Harriet

vCash: 500
New Strategy for Risebrough

Given that the GM thinks that 31 year olds who could be had for free are worth a blue chip prospect and a first rounder, here is the strategy for him to pursue: Sign 10 first rate UFAs at $4 million each. Fill out the rest of the roster and stay under the cap with 8-10 $400,000 glorified AHLers. If the UFAs gell, then great, we make the playoffs. If not, at the end of the year we trade all ten for 10 first round picks and 10 prospects of the quality of Patrick O'Sullivan.

OK Doug, if you don't think that will work, then why did you make the Dimitri trade?

Lake Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 01:25 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

First off it's Demitra...not Dmtri and we've been through this time and again...

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2006, 01:49 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
We have a bunch of for fans.

Demitra is a proven NHLer. When healthy is a about as good as they come. An NHL All star. O'Sullivan is guy that just won the ROY in the AHL. If Patty O' was the second coming. He would have made the team a few years ago. And for sure last year.

Will i miss Patty O', yes he is a vert talented young man. That could really help the franchise. But i would rather see Demitra, hopefull Parrish and stud D man to go along with no longer spring chickens, Walz and Rolston. And win a cup.

If we lost Gabby our top line would have been. White, Rolston and PMB. Now that is our second line. Umm thats pretty dang good. Look at the PP units and PK units. Who wants to make a mistake with Demitra or Rolston in the ice. I am loving the posibilities right now. Cannot wait for FA to start.

But i guess you guys are right. After all what do DR and JL know about winners. And winning.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Lake Harriet

Why not last year?

OK. Last year Demitra was Slovokian, Gaborik's buddy and available for free. So why didn't Riseborough get him then? Sounds like old Doug was a little slow to adjust to the new NHL, and GM's who are "a little slow" don't win Stanley Cups. I guess he was too busy waiting for Kyle Wanvig to become a star on the cheap.

Lake Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 10:06 AM
ceber

In a recent interview Demitra indicated he gave his agent a list of teams to deal with.. the Wild weren't on the list.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 10:33 AM
tk421

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
In a recent interview Demitra indicated he gave his agent a list of teams to deal with.. the Wild weren't on the list.
Can't someone change their mind? He said he didn't hear from his agent that Wild were interested. Now if I'm a GM with a superstar on my team who's is going to be a RFA next year, and the last contract negotiations went bad with him, I start planning for it early.

As an agent isn't your job to find the best opportunity for your player? If that means fielding offers from teams who weren't originally on that list?

Here's a conversation:

DR: "Hello Mr Agent. We have an opportunity for your player to play with a good friend, someone he says he would love to play with. We are committed to building a great team and become a powerhouse in the western conference. Your player could become a cornerstone in our run to the playoffs this year."

Agent: "I will talk to my player about this"

tk421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 02:05 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

First off we are not going to lose Gabby, he already said in a newspaper article that he was resigning and that if it goes beyond Abrition or how ever you spell it then he will resign for a 1 yr deal so no matter what Gabby will be playing in a wild jersey coming this upcoming season

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 02:46 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan850
First off we are not going to lose Gabby, he already said in a newspaper article that he was resigning and that if it goes beyond Abrition or how ever you spell it then he will resign for a 1 yr deal so no matter what Gabby will be playing in a wild jersey coming this upcoming season
You are correct that he's in a Wild uni next season regardless of any possible scenario other than complete and utter meltdown ... the point of all of this worrying, gnashing of teeth and stomping around is that its possible that he'll leave for free next summer.

The Big E

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote