HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 07:08 PM
  #151
Alberta Yote
Nice run
 
Alberta Yote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your kitchen
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,695
vCash: 500
For the sake of all of you long suffering local fans I've tried to mostly stay away from this topic, but this just needs to end.

Alberta Yote is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:09 PM
  #152
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
NHL is now saying investors can only own so much.
.
That really doesn't make any sense, not that I expected anything to but still.

SniperHF is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:11 PM
  #153
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Well 1060am just said Gary does not want one of the investors and actually is asking for more money. They said they paperwork was turned in 3 weeks ago. NHL is now saying investors can only own so much.

So they said Greg had the money but now needs to replace the capital of one investor so he is struggling to comply.

Intersting listen from minutes ago.
I can somewhat understand the too many investor thing but MORE money? Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?! If they're truly asking for more money they can go **** themselves.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:16 PM
  #154
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I can somewhat understand the too many investor thing but MORE money? Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?! If they're truly asking for more money they can go **** themselves.
I can't summarize it very well but they said the NHL wants to avoid one guy with a controlling interst so Greg is scrambling to find an investor to replace the percent considered controlling....so crazy that I believe it. I mean one side has to mess it up...sure why not?

Naurutger is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:17 PM
  #155
zz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I can somewhat understand the too many investor thing but MORE money? Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?! If they're truly asking for more money they can go **** themselves.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jamison offered $ 140 M (what the NHL paid for the team) and Bettman replied the price was $ 170 M (reported asking price).

I am shocked that the league is being picky about who the investors are. Unless this isn't the whole story? What does it mean, "investors can only own so much"?

zz is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:20 PM
  #156
Brodie
watcher on the walls
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 12,151
vCash: 500
it only makes sense if Levin and/or PP have stepped up with a big bid that's convinced the NHL that it's not worth it to stay in Phoenix

because "we won't work with that one investor" sounds like a bad excuse

Brodie is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:23 PM
  #157
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
it only makes sense if Levin and/or PP have stepped up with a big bid that's convinced the NHL that it's not worth it to stay in Phoenix

because "we won't work with that one investor" sounds like a bad excuse
read the Bettman autobiography. it is the same thing that happened when the Jets were about to be sold to a group of investors in Winnipeg that would have kept the team there. At the absolute last minute the league changed the terms and demanded one owner versus a consortium of investors.

hbk is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:28 PM
  #158
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,329
vCash: 500
Now is the perfect time to find a spot to relax.


Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:29 PM
  #159
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
it only makes sense if Levin and/or PP have stepped up with a big bid that's convinced the NHL that it's not worth it to stay in Phoenix

because "we won't work with that one investor" sounds like a bad excuse
Could be who knows. Just make it quick. I cant take the emotion of knowing if a game will be my last or the entire fanbase of other teams rooting for our failure because they want a team. Cant grow a viable relationship in that negative environment.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:33 PM
  #160
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Anybody have any hope anymore?

Rabbit is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:34 PM
  #161
ParisSaintGermain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
In a confused moment filled with desperation, calling for some form of voodoo powers, he decided to post the roster of the 2008/09 season, year when all this mess started.


Boedker, Mikkel (L)
Bryzgalov, Ilya (G)
Carcillo, Daniel (L)
Dawes, Nigel (L)
Doan, Shane (R)
Fedoruk, Todd (L)
Goertzen, Steven (R)
Hale, David (D)
Hanzal, Martin (C)
Hoggan, Jeff (R)
Jokinen, Olli (C)
Jovanovski, Ed (D)
Kalinin, Dmitri (D)
Klee, Ken (D)
Lindstrom, Joakim (C)
Lisin, Enver (R)
Lombardi, Matthew (C)
McGrattan, Brian (R)
Michalek, Zbynek (D)
Montoya, Al (G)
Morris, Derek (D)
Mueller, Peter (R)
Murray, Garth (C)
Nikulin, Alexander (C)
Perrault, Joel (C)
Porter, Kevin (C)
Prucha, Petr (R)
Reinprecht, Steven (C)
Sauer, Kurt (D)
Schlemko, David (D)
Tellqvist, Mikael (G)
Tikhonov, Viktor (R)
Tordjman, Josh (G)
Turris, Kyle (C)
Upshall, Scottie (L)
Winnik, Daniel (L)
Yandle, Keith (D)

Surely the presence of David Hale on that team had to be useful for something?

ParisSaintGermain is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:41 PM
  #162
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,261
vCash: 500
Next Tuesday is the STH meet & greet. I'm assuming it will be my chance to say good-bye to the players, since I don't expect any sort of happy news between now and then. There may not be any awful news report released - but unless there is a good news report in the next 24 hours, I'm going to operate under the assumption that it's the last season.

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than horribly shocked.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:41 PM
  #163
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain View Post
In a confused moment filled with desperation, calling for some form of voodoo powers, he decided to post the roster of the 2008/09 season, year when all this mess started.


Boedker, Mikkel (L)
Bryzgalov, Ilya (G)
Carcillo, Daniel (L)
Dawes, Nigel (L)
Doan, Shane (R)
Fedoruk, Todd (L)
Goertzen, Steven (R)
Hale, David (D)
Hanzal, Martin (C)
Hoggan, Jeff (R)
Jokinen, Olli (C)
Jovanovski, Ed (D)
Kalinin, Dmitri (D)
Klee, Ken (D)
Lindstrom, Joakim (C)
Lisin, Enver (R)
Lombardi, Matthew (C)
McGrattan, Brian (R)
Michalek, Zbynek (D)
Montoya, Al (G)
Morris, Derek (D)
Mueller, Peter (R)
Murray, Garth (C)
Nikulin, Alexander (C)
Perrault, Joel (C)
Porter, Kevin (C)
Prucha, Petr (R)
Reinprecht, Steven (C)
Sauer, Kurt (D)
Schlemko, David (D)
Tellqvist, Mikael (G)
Tikhonov, Viktor (R)
Tordjman, Josh (G)
Turris, Kyle (C)
Upshall, Scottie (L)
Winnik, Daniel (L)
Yandle, Keith (D)

Surely the presence of David Hale on that team had to be useful for something?


HELP ME GOD. HELP ME TOM CRUISE. USE YOUR WITCHCRAFT I'M ON FIREEEE. HELP ME OPRAH WINFREY. HELP ME DAVID, HELP ME DAVID HALEEE I'M ON FIREEE.

Rabbit is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:56 PM
  #164
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Anybody have any hope anymore?



Looking like we all got duped. Lame duck season after all.


Last edited by Naurutger: 01-30-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: not an accurate report
XX is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:57 PM
  #165
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 50
How many of you read this and didn't even react? This is how things go for us. I'm numb to this ********.

Magnifique is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:02 PM
  #166
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
How many of you read this and didn't even react? This is how things go for us. I'm numb to this ********.
At this point, this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. So many saying it was done, so many saying we would have an owner by friday. Even the CEO of the Coyotes said he was confident this would get done on time. I've pretty much accepted that we are going to go another year through this bull**** until they finally announce that we are being relocated. I just feel so bad for Doan, he signed 4 years because he had faith that we were staying, guy deserves way more than what he receives here.

Rabbit is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:05 PM
  #167
Alberta Yote
Nice run
 
Alberta Yote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your kitchen
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,695
vCash: 500
This allows Jamison to fade out of our thoughts and the new group and COG to negotiate for a month or two. BAM, season is coming to an end without any more real news coming forward.

Alberta Yote is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:07 PM
  #168
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
At this point, this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. So many saying it was done, so many saying we would have an owner by friday. Even the CEO of the Coyotes said he was confident this would get done on time. I've pretty much accepted that we are going to go another year through this bull**** until they finally announce that we are being relocated. I just feel so bad for Doan, he signed 4 years because he had faith that we were staying, guy deserves way more than what he receives here.
I agree. Back in April I started playing because I figured they were gone. Then I started going to ASU and Sundogs games because of the lockout.

Now I'm pretty much done with it. We were already planning on not getting season tickets next year anyway - too much other stuff to do, no need to make the commitment to 41 nights a year. And now I am certain that while I don't mind watching the games from time to time, it's not something I care to devote my time or emotions too.

I like playing more than I like watching. And I enjoy watching at the smaller venues from time to time - it is a treat rather than a chore. If the ownership had been stable, it would be rather enjoyable. But always thinking that they are leaving does not make it enjoyable.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:08 PM
  #169
seasontixholder
Registered User
 
seasontixholder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 651
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
At this point, this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. So many saying it was done, so many saying we would have an owner by friday. Even the CEO of the Coyotes said he was confident this would get done on time. I've pretty much accepted that we are going to go another year through this bull**** until they finally announce that we are being relocated. I just feel so bad for Doan, he signed 4 years because he had faith that we were staying, guy deserves way more than what he receives here.

Doan isn't an idiot. I'm sure there's an out-clause in his contract that if the team moves, his contract is null and void or he can change the terms. Something like that.

seasontixholder is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:09 PM
  #170
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasontixholder View Post
Doan isn't an idiot. I'm sure there's an out-clause in his contract that if the team moves, his contract is null and void or he can change the terms. Something like that.
He has a NMC clause, and the team will trade him before the deadline out of respect. I'm not worried about him, although it is ******.

XX is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:10 PM
  #171
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,691
vCash: 500
Am I missing something? Did Jamison say he can't do it or did bettman say that Jamison can't close??

doaner is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:11 PM
  #172
seasontixholder
Registered User
 
seasontixholder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 651
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
He has a NMC clause, and the team will trade him before the deadline out of respect. I'm not worried about him, although it is ******.
There was a few Atlanta players that had NMC too but they are in Winnipeg. Maybe it's different for a relocation? Or maybe they wanted to go to Winnipeg? Got me.

seasontixholder is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:13 PM
  #173
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I agree. Back in April I started playing because I figured they were gone. Then I started going to ASU and Sundogs games because of the lockout.

Now I'm pretty much done with it. We were already planning on not getting season tickets next year anyway - too much other stuff to do, no need to make the commitment to 41 nights a year. And now I am certain that while I don't mind watching the games from time to time, it's not something I care to devote my time or emotions too.

I like playing more than I like watching. And I enjoy watching at the smaller venues from time to time - it is a treat rather than a chore. If the ownership had been stable, it would be rather enjoyable. But always thinking that they are leaving does not make it enjoyable.
I'm just sick if this 11th hour bull***. The truth doesn't come out until we are at the edge of our seats, biting our nails, just to find out Jamison never raised a single dollar, or a single investor. Too much stress to take on over something i have absolutely no control over. Really interested to see the announcement Jamison makes. "Uh hey guys, i couldn't do it. My bad. Good luck."

Rabbit is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:17 PM
  #174
ParisSaintGermain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
It looks like Jamison is relying on Byung-Hyun Kim to close the deal.

ParisSaintGermain is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:17 PM
  #175
seasontixholder
Registered User
 
seasontixholder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 651
vCash: 576
Ok so if Jamison is out and there's another group. Could they not make a deal to play in the AWA arena since there is no contract with Glendale anymore?

seasontixholder is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.