HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose STH thread: questions, sales, exchanges, etc

Old
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
DreamBeaut

vCash: 500
NEED 2 - Penguins vs. Panthers February 22

DreamBeaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quick question - I have nice authentic jerseys and I have a crappy jersey I usually wear to MSG and Philly.. Is it safe to wear a nice jersey to the game Saturday? My brother had food thrown at him back at the igloo when he would get front row student rush tix for $20, but obviously much has changed in Pittsburgh

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:10 AM
DockEllisExperience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Quick question - I have nice authentic jerseys and I have a crappy jersey I usually wear to MSG and Philly.. Is it safe to wear a nice jersey to the game Saturday? My brother had food thrown at him back at the igloo when he would get front row student rush tix for $20, but obviously much has changed in Pittsburgh
As long as you aren't being a jackass, you'll be fine.

DockEllisExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Knighsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaproosta08 View Post
NEED 2 - Penguins vs. Panthers February 22
Have 2 available for this game - in Club section 101 row u - seats 7&8

Knighsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:55 PM
jrolley325

vCash: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockEllisExperience View Post
As long as you aren't being a jackass, you'll be fine.
heck, even if you ARE a jackass, you'll be fine. CEC crowds have to be the tamest on the NHL.

anyway, i'm looking for 1-2 in the upper bowl for thursday 2/7 against the caps.

jrolley325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:53 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Anyone got 2 tickets in the lower bowl? Send me a PM

Looking for a gift for my Mom for her birthday and seems like this would be a good idea, eh?

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Just want to thank you guys for being gratuitous hosts today.. Got a little embarrassed in the stands, my guys didn't really show up.. But Pens fans were very nice, helping take pictures any time we asked and helping us find our way around the arena.. Very appreciated, stay cool don't become Flyers or Rangers fans

Old
02-02-2013, 08:53 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Just want to thank you guys for being gratuitous hosts today.. Got a little embarrassed in the stands, my guys didn't really show up.. But Pens fans were very nice, helping take pictures any time we asked and helping us find our way around the arena.. Very appreciated, stay cool don't become Flyers or Rangers fans
I think (for the most part) Pittsburghers pride themselves on being nice and courteous to strangers. (well at least Pirates and Pen's fans, haha. I have heard some awful stories how Steelers fans act.)

For those in Phily (at sporting events) they pride themselves on being tough, and macho, and obnoxious.

I sat near many Philly fans over the years HERE IN PITTSBURGH, and many just look to start trouble.
Years ago a Pitt student worked for me and we were talking about this very thing. He just laughed as he said he had many Philly kids in his dorm, and knew what I was talking about.

He said that a kid on his floor, a huge Flyers fan, went to a Flyers/Pens game here in Pittsburgh. Later on, he asked him how it was, and how he was treated. His reply. "Everyone was nice. So nice. It was kind of disgusting. That's not what sports is all about."

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
I think (for the most part) Pittsburghers pride themselves on being nice and courteous to strangers. (well at least Pirates and Pen's fans, haha. I have heard some awful stories how Steelers fans act.)

For those in Phily (at sporting events) they pride themselves on being tough, and macho, and obnoxious.

I sat near many Philly fans over the years HERE IN PITTSBURGH, and many just look to start trouble.
Years ago a Pitt student worked for me and we were talking about this very thing. He just laughed as he said he had many Philly kids in his dorm, and knew what I was talking about.

He said that a kid on his floor, a huge Flyers fan, went to a Flyers/Pens game here in Pittsburgh. Later on, he asked him how it was, and how he was treated. His reply. "Everyone was nice. So nice. It was kind of disgusting. That's not what sports is all about."
Ugh totally get you on the Flyers thing.. Imagine having them a short train ride away.. Thanks again guys!

Old
02-03-2013, 03:31 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Ugh totally get you on the Flyers thing.. Imagine having them a short train ride away.. Thanks again guys!
I am generalizing, but from being here for quite a few years, the Devils and Isles, and their fans and posters here at HF few Pens' fans have much issue with. I get on well with you guys, always loved Classic Devil as a Mod, and though I do not venture onto other teams boards, well ever basically, have a couple of times on your board and the Isle board and had intelligent respectful conversations. I would bet dimes to dollars if you had a poll regarding feelings about the teams and fan bases in our division there would be two distinct tiers, Isles and Devils in one and Rangers and Flyers in the other. Though Philly may deserve it's own tier all by itself. I only wish that your team had not owned us as it had over the years. Today's results were the exception rather than the rule. The Devils almost always give the Pens fits.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:34 AM
lettuceAA

Just got tickets for a game In April, in section 104 seats 12,13. Are those seats gonna be more towards the the corner or the benche? Are they good seats?

lettuceAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Azkals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettuceAA View Post
Just got tickets for a game In April, in section 104 seats 12,13. Are those seats gonna be more towards the the corner or the benche? Are they good seats?
They're pretty much in the center of the section so in between.

Azkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:41 AM
lettuceAA

Thanks for the reply, would u consider them good seats? I'm row S. or would seats 3,4 have been better?

Old
02-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Azkals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettuceAA View Post
Thanks for the reply, would u consider them good seats? I'm row S. or would seats 3,4 have been better?
Yeah they're good seats, most of the seats in Consol are pretty good (I personally prefer the Upper Deck, but that's just me). Seats 3,4 would be slightly better off since you're slightly closer to center ice, but they're still really good so I wouldn't worry bout it.

Azkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:39 PM
lettuceAA

Thanks, I don't mind upper bowl, but it's my first NHL game, so I figured I might as well get close.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:01 PM
zero8771

Anyone have tickets to tomorrow nights game vs Florida?

zero8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

I'm looking to sell my pair to tonight's game vs. the Lighting. These are lower bowl, corner endzone seats at the end where the Pens attack twice. Second to the last row, with an aisle four seats to the right and an aisle six seats to the left (in other words, you never have to get up to let people pass).

Section 109. I'm selling them at the season tickethold price of $192 cash for the pair.

mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:04 PM
LAPenguin

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for either 2 or 3 seats for the 3/16 game vs. the Rangers as I'll be in town and have yet to see CEC. The ticket exchange prices I'm seeing are a bit on the high side and I was hoping someone here has something they could offer me. Please PM me if you have something. Thanks.

LAPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:55 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

^^ Funny. I also just found out I'll be in Pittsburgh that weekend on business. Looking for a pair to the 3/16 Rangers game.

Sooooo, if anyone has a pair of tickets they are willing to get rid of for a reasonable price (preferably below $100 each), and don't mind a couple of very knowledgeable and respectful Rangers fans sitting in their seats, please let me know!

haha I'm probably out to lunch asking for tickets here but it's worth a shot! Either way, a bit of information on the best way to obtain reasonably priced tickets would be much appreciated! Prices on ticket exchange/stubhub for a pair start out around $120/ticket. Is that normal?? Should I expect those prices to drop any closer to the game date? Are there a lot of scalpers out front on game day?? Late release box office tickets?

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
^^ Funny. I also just found out I'll be in Pittsburgh that weekend on business. Looking for a pair to the 3/16 Rangers game.

Sooooo, if anyone has a pair of tickets they are willing to get rid of for a reasonable price (preferably below $100 each), and don't mind a couple of very knowledgeable and respectful Rangers fans sitting in their seats, please let me know!

haha I'm probably out to lunch asking for tickets here but it's worth a shot! Either way, a bit of information on the best way to obtain reasonably priced tickets would be much appreciated! Prices on ticket exchange/stubhub for a pair start out around $120/ticket. Is that normal?? Should I expect those prices to drop any closer to the game date? Are there a lot of scalpers out front on game day?? Late release box office tickets?
Depends on where the seats are. For a Saturday night game against a division rival $120 per ticket is very reasonable/bordering on a steal on the secondary market if they're in the lower bowl. Even for the upper bowl you probably won't find them much cheaper unless someone is desperate to sell. If you wait until closer to game day you might get a better deal but the cheaper tickets may be gone, so it's really a crap shoot.

I'd avoid the scalpers, but that's just me. It's too easy to get cheated since STHs have the ability to print out their tickets and it renders their hard copy tickets void. I see the same scalpers outside the arena all the time so they're probably legit, but if they were sold voided tickets they wouldn't know it and you're probably not going to have a leg to stand on with the box office if you've bought from scalpers.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:49 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Keep in mind, that is the same day as the St Patty's day parade, which starts about 10a...and the drinking starts about 7a. People love hitting the parade, then an afternoon game. I'm sure that, coupled with it being a weekend game, is why prices are higher than normal.

Prices should drop...if seats aren't moving, people are going to lower their asking price. But you run the risk of getting shutout.

For upper level seats, I pay $40 a ticket as part of my STH partial season. I can typically get about $80 for those through ticket exchange. For premium games, I normally get $100+

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
Keep in mind, that is the same day as the St Patty's day parade, which starts about 10a...and the drinking starts about 7a. People love hitting the parade, then an afternoon game. I'm sure that, coupled with it being a weekend game, is why prices are higher than normal.

Prices should drop...if seats aren't moving, people are going to lower their asking price. But you run the risk of getting shutout.

For upper level seats, I pay $40 a ticket as part of my STH partial season. I can typically get about $80 for those through ticket exchange. For premium games, I normally get $100+
OMG, I forgot the parade was that day. They played on the day of the St. Patty's day parade either last year or the year before and getting there was such a nightmare we almost turned around & went home and ate the cost of the tickets.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:24 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
OMG, I forgot the parade was that day. They played on the day of the St. Patty's day parade either last year or the year before and getting there was such a nightmare we almost turned around & went home and ate the cost of the tickets.
Yeah. I get the appeal for the parade idiots. But for people who want nothing to do with the parade, an afternoon game is awful.

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:29 AM
DockEllisExperience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Guess my instincts were correct in thinking to take the T down...

DockEllisExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockEllisExperience View Post
Guess my instincts were correct in thinking to take the T down...
I would strongly recommend it. In addition to the masses of drunks crossing/falling into the street and the traffic it's also tough to find parking. I think we're going to park in Station Square this year & take the T or walk across the river.