HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

The Buffalo Rebuild Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Agreed, he's not worth both a top 10 pick and a top prospect. I like Jensen a lot but isn't there some bust factor with him? With Vanek being traded I'd one of the top prospect or top 10 pick. I mean without Vanek, we are truly tanking. Who will score goals?!?
Well, the thread was based on Buffalo tanking, so, yeah.

But I agree with the majority of Sabres fans that it makes no sense for you to start rebuilding now. Just if you were, that's what I'd offer for Vanek. And while Jensen may have some "bust factor", I can't imagine him not making the NHL in some form. And I have yet to see any better offers for Vanek, so...

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:06 PM
lifeisruff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
Stafford? potential availability and price in-the-abstract?
if the Sabres were to do a "rebuild" Stafford would probably bring the biggest value of those who we actually consider trading.

I would want an NHL ready winger with a good two way game. Something in the mold of a Ty Rattie. Honestly haven't given too much thought to what Stafford's value would be.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:28 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baarle View Post
To be fair, while talented Vanek is inconsistent, and about 1-1.5 mil overpaid
One of only 4 active players to post at least 25 goals in each of his first 7 seasons. That's about as consistent as you can get shy of the truly elite players, which no team in their right mind would ever make available for trade. If Buffalo put Van on the block, I think it's fair to guess that a lot of teams would be interested in acquiring him and would offering better packages than B prospect + late 1st/2nd.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:32 PM
TheBleedingEdge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Tor:
Miller
Kassian

Buff:
Schneider
Percy/Holzer
1st(van)

Van:
Kessel
Reimer
Error error, does not compute...

TheBleedingEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Baarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
One of only 4 active players to post at least 25 goals in each of his first 7 seasons. That's about as consistent as you can get shy of the truly elite players, which no team in their right mind would ever make available for trade. If Buffalo put Van on the block, I think it's fair to guess that a lot of teams would be interested in acquiring him and would offering better packages than B prospect + late 1st/2nd.
Consistent over the course of a season I meant, not career wise. He is very streaky, always starts well and dies down. And no, not a lot of teams. At 7mil for next year when the cap goes down, you'll be limited in competitive teams with the cap room to take him on. Assuming Buffalo is getting back futures and not a roster player. A deal I would see for him would be a very good prospect+mid-late first (depending on the team)+cap dump

Baarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Karate Johnson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Buffalo does not need to rebuild. They could sell off some parts like Leopold, but a full rebuild would be stupid when they have a decent pipeline of prospects that will be coming up soon - Grigorenko will be a star in a few years, Girgensons will be an NHL-er in a few years, McNabb, Pysyk, Armia, etc. Pominville, Vanek, Ehrhoff, Miller, etc. will all still be a big part of that team. Every team with youth needs veterans. Buffalo does not need to rebuild, just stay patient.
First of all, isn't 6 years ok for patience? Or should we wait 8 years to win a playoff series?

Second, Vanek, Pomminville and Miller are all UFA's after next season... We will absolutely not keep them all. I woul guess only Pomminville will stay.

Why would Vanek and Miller want to waste the rest of Thier careers playing for Lindy Ruff?

The reality is that the Sabres aren't very talented and should absolutely rebuild.... Starting with coach and GM.

But they won't because Pegula is a Lindy Ruff fan and not a savvy NHL owner...

Lindy Ruff isn't the coach of "Hockey Heaven"

What a joke.

Karate Johnson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:08 AM
Karate Johnson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Based on Potential buffalo does:

Vanek-Pommenville
Folignio-Stafford
Leino-Arina (next season)

Not a single player you listed is anything close to elite...

Vanek hasn't been a PPG player in 6 years. Poms is a nice player, definitely not elite.

Stafford is awful... Leino is Awful. Foligno is a 50 point guy tops, and Armia has yet to play a game.

Sabres fans are so delusional about this team.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:25 AM
Karate Johnson*

If there is a market Buffalo needs to trade Ennis for a reliable defensive 3rd line shutdown center type.

Ennis will never make it long term... Way to small a frame. We have Higdson and Grigo as top 2 C... Get sonething you need

Old
01-31-2013, 03:23 AM
Byrddog

vCash: 50
If I were the GM here I would offer this trade

To Nashville Vanek, Ennis, Myers Rick Jeannret

To Buffalo Shea Weber, Pete Weber, Ryan Ellis, John Blum

Would give you guys a defensive upgrade and give us some scoring for our impotent offense and I prefer your announcer over ours.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:56 AM
HiddenInLight

God pretty much every offer here is aweful. Also seriously people back away from the cliff. Were in the middle of a minor rebuild. Be patient and let it happen. If anything scream for ruff to be fired as he deserves it. Also, no reason to be delusional Karate.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Bure80

With the history of germans in Buffalo, draft Leon Draisaitl 2014.
He can be a real first line center for many years.

Bure80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Zoombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Tor:
Miller
Kassian

Buff:
Schneider
Percy/Holzer
1st(van)

Van:
Kessel
Reimer
Oh god my sides. I despise the canucks and still wouldn't want to see them make this deal. Lol just wow. They trade Schneider + Kassian + first to downgrade in goal and add a first line winger? .... Unsurprisingly the Leafs make out like theives.

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:53 AM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post
Not a single player you listed is anything close to elite...

Vanek hasn't been a PPG player in 6 years. Poms is a nice player, definitely not elite.

Stafford is awful... Leino is Awful. Foligno is a 50 point guy tops, and Armia has yet to play a game.

Sabres fans are so delusional about this team.

Vanek is an elite scorer, and has been since the lockout - look at his goal totals. That's elite. Pominville has 82 points in his last 88 games. He isn't a PPG player, but he's one of the best two way players in the league. Stafford is a 2nd liner at best, and Leino is probably a 3rd liner at best. While Foligno isn't going to be a great scorer, everything else that he brings makes him a very good player. Also, Armia has elite talent. He hasn't shown it in the NHL yet, but he has the potential to be a GREAT player in the league.

I'm guessing Buffalo resigns all 3. Regehr and Leopold will be off the books after this year (7 million - replaced by Pysyk and McNabb if they're ready), as will Steve Ott (3 million). Also - just guessing - I think we'll trade Drew Stafford by then.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote