HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Loktionov (LAK) officially asked to be traded

Old
01-30-2013, 07:02 PM
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan87 View Post
Loktionov + Bernier for Paajarvi + Belanger
vomits

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:03 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
If he could play wing, I'd take a flyer on him for the Pens.
Again he only couldnt make the kings at wing not saying he wouldnt on another team with a different system he does have the talent to.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:12 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Craig Custance tweets, that teams know he's available, but there's not much interest. You're confusing fan offers, with what gms are willing to give up.

I'm gonna guess it's because he needs a top 6 center spot or nothing and many teams either have a block at the nhl level or top center prospects of their own, that they want getting a shot before looking to trades.
To me this forum is made for fan offers not gm offers first off. Next thats one reporters slant who proberly doesn't have every gms ear so i wouldnt be 100% sure on that. You are right on him needing a top 6 spot with that im postive he would develope into a 45 point two way center. However i can see your point of teams wanting to give there own players a chance first.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
No your under estimating Loktionov alot. If u go back and read some of the offers in this thread there alot better then a 4th or 5th
We shall find out. He's a smaller guy who cant even score in the AHL and he has something most other 22 year olds dont... This is already his fourth year of pro hockey... He has a lot going against him. A year and a half ago? The Kings could've received a nice prospect/player back in return.

His biggest problem is, there's more questions about him today than there was two years ago. Is he sulking when he's in Manchester? Was he simply overrated? Have the Kings ruined him trying to change the way he plays?

Like I said before, good kid. He'll get a shot somewhere but he's not worth very much currently. In my opinion of course. It's tough to find a team that's going to give him a spot up the middle right now. Maybe a team like Detroit can take him, convince him to go to Grand Rapids and get that "it" out of him. It could be a style factor. That's why he'll get another chance. Just not at the expense of anything much.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:22 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
We shall find out. He's a smaller guy who cant even score in the AHL and he has something most other 22 year olds dont... This is already his fourth year of pro hockey... He has a lot going against him. A year and a half ago? The Kings could've received a nice prospect/player back in return.

His biggest problem is, there's more questions about him today than there was two years ago. Is he sulking when he's in Manchester? Was he simply overrated? Have the Kings ruined him trying to change the way he plays?

Like I said before, good kid. He'll get a shot somewhere but he's not worth very much currently. In my opinion of course. It's tough to find a team that's going to give him a spot up the middle right now. Maybe a team like Detroit can take him, convince him to go to Grand Rapids and get that "it" out of him. It could be a style factor. That's why he'll get another chance. Just not at the expense of anything much.
I'm sure ur aware our ahl club (mancheaster) tries to play a defensive game first just like the kings club so his offensive numbers will be down as long as hes a king. He is trying to work on his defensive game while in the ahl. If hes placed in a offensive team his numbers will go up. Most king fans are not looking forward to him on another team as pointed out before we have gone down his road a few time boyle molson purcell (now hickey ) and soon lokti. Our prospect end up working out in other systems. The few ahl games i saw he was one of the best kings in the lineup althou i havnt seen many lately ( maybe some else can comment) He isnt sulking for sure. Again as far as him asking to be traded i think he did that along time ago its just taking this long to get out. King fans have seen alot of there propect gone for nothing so asking fair value isnt over rating him. I will say that if u dont rate him as high that is your choice but you shouldnt say we want to much if others are willing to offer it.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
I'm sure ur aware our ahl club (mancheaster) tries to play a defensive game first just like the kings club so his offensive numbers will be down as long as hes a king. He is trying to work on his defensive game while in the ahl. If hes placed in a offensive team his numbers will go up. Most king fans are not looking forward to him on another team as pointed out before we have gone down his road a few time boyle molson purcell (now hickey ) and soon lokti. Our prospect end up working out in other systems. The few ahl games i saw he was one of the best kings in the lineup althou i havnt seen many lately ( maybe some else can comment) He isnt sulking for sure. Again as far as him asking to be traded i think he did that along time ago its just taking this long to get out. King fans have seen alot of there propect gone for nothing so asking fair value isnt over rating him. I will say that if u dont rate him as high that is your choice but you shouldnt say we want to much if others are willing to offer it.
I root for him. I really do. I also wouldnt put "sulking" on the top of my list but playing defensive hockey first, doesnt eliminate changing a players skill set. Teams arent going to buy that argument in trade negotiations. There going to ask why this player in the last 3 years has declined. Detroit, Carolina, Montreal or Vancouver are teams I can see helping him more. We'll see what they get for him... I'd like to admit being wrong on this one. Just dont see it. If he was worth more, he'd have already been dealt.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:40 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I root for him. I really do. I also wouldnt put "sulking" on the top of my list but playing defensive hockey first, doesnt eliminate changing a players skill set. Teams arent going to buy that argument in trade negotiations. There going to ask why this player in the last 3 years has declined. Detroit, Carolina, Montreal or Vancouver are teams I can see helping him more. We'll see what they get for him... I'd like to admit being wrong on this one. Just dont see it. If he was worth more, he'd have already been dealt.
well to be honest he s only really been on the block since the summer when stoll was resigned till then he had a chance to be our 3rd line center also was given a chance as a lw on the 3rd line with stoll. He has had time on the injuryed list that also factors into his decline as u put it. I m sure gm looking at kings players know they will have better number then the uber defense orientated king team. dean would just state look at purcell and molson and even jj got alot of points when he left. Again i dont see him being traded in the west the king try and move people east if possible. So van would be out althou i agree he would be good addition to them . Det is a possibility i think they will be moving east at the end of the season. Not sure why u see him with carlonia both staals down the middle would stop him. MOntreal is a possiblity with us rumoured to be interested in diaz and kaberle.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
well to be honest he s only really been on the block since the summer when stoll was resigned till then he had a chance to be our 3rd line center also was given a chance as a lw on the 3rd line with stoll. He has had time on the injuryed list that also factors into his decline as u put it. I m sure gm looking at kings players know they will have better number then the uber defense orientated king team. dean would just state look at purcell and molson and even jj got alot of points when he left. Again i dont see him being traded in the west the king try and move people east if possible. So van would be out althou i agree he would be good addition to them . Det is a possibility i think they will be moving east at the end of the season. Not sure why u see him with carlonia both staals down the middle would stop him. MOntreal is a possiblity with us rumoured to be interested in diaz and kaberle.
Other GMs are going to look at guys like Pearson and Vey and ask why would a D system be an excuse for Loktionov and not these guys. His numbers should be more in line with theirs. Like I said, I hope he makes it. Oh, and the reason I mentioned those particular teams is more system related. Not as a particular need exactly. Actually, Im not sure there's a team in the league he can just move in and play with currently. Maybe the Leafs..

Old
01-30-2013, 08:07 PM
johnjm22

Loktionov and the rights to Bud Holloway for a 2nd round pick.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:11 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

He's by no means what we need, but I'd give him a shot in Toronto for cheap.

Do you guys technically still have Holloway's rights because he chose not to sign as an RFA?
He's the guy I'd really be interested in.

But just like the Tedenby thread, I can see Winnipeg being interested (though I think Tedenby would be a better fit for them).

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:13 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Other GMs are going to look at guys like Pearson and Vey and ask why would a D system be an excuse for Loktionov and not these guys. His numbers should be more in line with theirs. Like I said, I hope he makes it. Oh, and the reason I mentioned those particular teams is more system related. Not as a particular need exactly. Actually, Im not sure there's a team in the league he can just move in and play with currently. Maybe the Leafs..
umm maybe there better players and can do both ? Maybe lokti was asked to play a more defensive part? i ll be the first person to admit i dont pay attension to the ahl team as much as i do the nhl team. Perhaps a fellow king fan will comment to that question.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:22 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
He's by no means what we need, but I'd give him a shot in Toronto for cheap.

Do you guys technically still have Holloway's rights because he chose not to sign as an RFA?
He's the guy I'd really be interested in.

But just like the Tedenby thread, I can see Winnipeg being interested (though I think Tedenby would be a better fit for them).
I'm not completely sure, but if we do, I've gotta think they're worth a least a little bit.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Loktionov and the rights to Bud Holloway for a 2nd round pick.

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:43 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I'm not completely sure, but if we do, I've gotta think they're worth a least a little bit.
I would definitely be willing to give up at least a little bit.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Ricky Bobby

Bernier + Loktionov

For

Gunnarson + CMac

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:18 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
I would definitely be willing to give up at least a little bit.
which is what for him ? hopes frattin but doubts it

Old
01-30-2013, 10:19 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Bernier + Loktionov

For

Gunnarson + CMac
no counter offer 1st frattin and ashton for Lokti and bernier

Old
01-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Jimbo7200

Would love Loki on Detroit. What would it take?

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post
Well, Lombardi is unpredictable. We honestly don't know what he'll do.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
n3ss

Not sure exactly what kind of player he is, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Caps jersey.

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Your team is set up to win now, can take on salary and needs help mostly at D. How does your offer address any of that

Toronto 2013 1st rounder is also off-limits.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:36 PM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post
He's an ideal fit for a puck possession team that rolls three scoring lines. Loktionov has great vision and hands in tight quarters, and is very solid defensively. He's the kind of player that will do better in the NHL than in the minors because he reads the game at a higher level.

However, for a player his size, he doesn't have pull-away speed. He's quick, but not fast. He is going to thrive in a situation like Detroit that has already proven that it can produce and develop similar players like Hudler and Filppula.

There is just no room for him in Los Angeles and even if there was, he's not a great fit for what the Kings' system demands out of their center ice position.

bland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:59 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Your team is set up to win now, can take on salary and needs help mostly at D. How does your offer address any of that

Toronto 2013 1st rounder is also off-limits.
At the moment our defense need is over stated The kids are playing better then expected and mitchell is back anytime now. the frist is needed to use as a trade option at the deadline if we need anything if not we can draft players that can be used in the future. I would make it a top ten protect if that helps

Old
01-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Wouldn't trade a 1st alone for that package ....

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:02 PM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
No thanks.Bernier an expensive luxury and Loktionov not a good fit.

Isles need to add size, scoring and toughness to their top 6 and I don't see Loktionov as a bottom six player.

Moulson-JT-KO -Grabner-F Nielsen-Boyes. all 5'9-6'1.

Isles are hoping the 6'2- 6'3 forwards Nino, Nelson and Kabanov can step in, adding size,toughness.
ah come on, we gave you guys moulson and hickey for nothing...give us some love back

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote