HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 5-1, I watched the UFC at TVA Sports instead of half of the game.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Stive Morgan
Emelin is so slow.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
And this game, kid, is why Subban shouldn't play the White way
Really lightens the mood.

Stive Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
don't bench White. Can't teach emotion. face to face with Therrien and he's good to go

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:22 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

those refs, they're so proud of themselves. big man eh? big man.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:23 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
I don't hate it but not happening. Eller is lucky that White will be out next game because he would be the odd man out again (not that I agree).

As for the rest, why would DD be scratched while Cole keeps his role? Cole isn't any better. No excuses!
At least Cole crashes to the net. DD is worse than Gomez so far this year. A black whole. He doesn't deserve a spot on the team. He's a liability. Maybe missing a game can wake him up. Or else... how long do we have to endure him sabotaging our top 9 ?

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:23 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
don't bench White. Can't teach emotion. face to face with Therrien and he's good to go
I wonder if Gally stole White's milk in morning and it's why Ryan was so angry on the ice

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Cole-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Armstrong
Moen-Dumont-White
Cole on LW is the problem with your lines. He's always struggled when placed there (his stint in EDM was a disaster in part because of that). It can work on the PP because positions are a bit irrelevant, but 5 on 5 it most likely will not work.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
charlie

Quote:
He aint gettin benched.....Therrien had him out there next shift...

Should of told him to bust some more ass........lol

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

White won't be benched.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:25 PM
habtastic

Quote:
He already called White's play out before this game, but defended it as walking a tight line of emotion. I don't think he should sit, but if it's this whole meritocracy thing, it kind of puts him in a difficult spot.

Wait til P.K.'s penchant for taking penalties are remembered. Can't wait to have him back. Enjoyed his interview regarding his return.

Just get Eller-DD-Cole working and we're 10x a better team with 4 lines that can score at any time.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:26 PM
dcyhabs

Maybe we can get Gill back until Tinordi is ready?

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:26 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I would definitely sit White next game. Passion and stupidity are not the same thing. White's taken dumb penalties multiple times this season and they haven't hurt us; tonight they cost us the game.

Come on, if it were someone like Desharnais (who really needs to get his **** together ASAP) who took those penalties, people would be begging Bergevin to waive him. But because it's White, it's just him being "passionate". White is crazily overprotected on this board because he can drop the gloves, but he should be held accountable for his dumb plays like anyone else.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Alright here are my thoughts for what it's worth. Stopped watching the game after Anderson robbed Prust in the third. The team was sloppy all game long, the players seemed slow, the passes were off and defensively it was pretty bad. Budaj isn't to blame, nor is White. With the way Montreal was playing right before White's two penalties, they were doomed to lose. Budaj let a softie on the 1st goal but the 2nd and 3rd goal were really unlucky on his part. Emelin blocks a shot on the PK and it goes right to Alfredsson's tape for the one timer and the 3rd one went off Emelin's skate bar down. The third line was pretty quiet in the 1st and 2nd period tonight, Galchenyuk looked tired and his hand-eye seemed off. I liked Armstrong, Desharnais and Plekanec tonight. I thought they were our best player by far. Eller started to show some nice things before I turned off the game but I couldn't take it anymore. Anyway it's just a game and we're still 4-2. As long as this doesn't happen too often, I'm fine with a brutal loss every now and then. Especially if it means inserting PK Subban back into our line-up at the expense of Kaberle. By the way what the hell is wrong with our PK this year, I don't know if it's just bad luck on some part but it's nowhere near as effective as last year.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Cupmonger

We were very mediocre tonight. But that double penalty call on White was absolute bull ****ing ****. That killed us tonight. What ever, happens. Sens can enjoy their undeserved victory until the next time.

I hate that I called exactly how this would end. Said it would end 5-1 and we'd get trounced. Well, now's going to be the interesting part. I hope we'll bounce back and I think we will. The streak was great. But it wouldn't have lasted. This will serve us good to tweak the team in the right direction.

Good thing is I hate the Sens way more than I have in a long time. Let's **** 'em up all season.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I would definitely sit White next game. Passion and stupidity are not the same thing. White's taken dumb penalties multiple times this season and they haven't hurt us; tonight they cost us the game.

Come on, if it were someone like Desharnais (who really needs to get his **** together ASAP) who took those penalties, people would be begging Bergevin to waive him. But because it's White, it's just him being "passionate". White is crazily overprotected on this board because he can drop the gloves, but he should be held accountable for his dumb plays like anyone else.
It's White job to play on the edge. Yes, he crossed that line tonight, but we gotta deal with it. It's his style of play.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:31 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Cole on LW is the problem with your lines. He's always struggled when placed there (his stint in EDM was a disaster in part because of that). It can work on the PP because positions are a bit irrelevant, but 5 on 5 it most likely will not work.
I'd still try it out for a period or something. I would like Cole to play with the two kids until Pacioretty comes back. It would give us a real top 6.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:

you don't punish the foot soldiers!

Old
01-30-2013, 09:33 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
It's White job to play on the edge. Yes, he crossed that line tonight, but we gotta deal with it. It's his style of play.
He can play his game without taking bad penalties. As I said, it's not the first time it's happened this year, it's just the first time it's cost us. He sits and next time he'll try harder to stay on the "right" side of the line.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:36 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

Bergeron just called Kaberle "Kaberla"
Lol

CaptainIginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Forsead

Quote:

Well Phillips was holding White stick for a very long time and that White that got the penalty, I agree that he shouldn't have said anything to the ref, but come on that wasn't a penalty and it's hard to blame White for it.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
He already called White's play out before this game, but defended it as walking a tight line of emotion. I don't think he should sit, but if it's this whole meritocracy thing, it kind of puts him in a difficult spot.
If they've already had the "serious talk" about it (mostly the gabbing at officials, I'd say), then I wouldn't expect Therrien to have "the talk" again the very next game. A bit of a talk/explanation, and a game on the sidelines would be the only recourse if I were Therrien.

Now, if the penalties haven't been talked about between them as necessarily a negative trend thus far, perhaps tonight/tomorrow is that talk, and I might not feel the need to sit him. You have to worry about how he'll contribute if he's "neutered" by an air of game-to-game "probation", but White has to realize that he's a 24 year old without many (any?) mulligans to use at this point. Either apply what your coach is trying to teach you or gtfo.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Top Corner2

ouch.....

Hopefully this is a wakeup call & Eller & Little D play better...

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
This is ridiculous. You can sit skilled players but not "effort" ones?

White should be a major part of this team going forward. He's a great asset on the 4th line. But he needs to learn to play smarter. Under Therrien, everyone is supposed to be accountable, and White can do better than that.

Giving players a free pass to take bad penalties because they have energy undermines what Therrien claims to preach.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:41 PM
prairie hab

Is anyone watching l'antichambre?

I think Bergy is drunk!

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:43 PM
sheed36

On that joke of a call on Bourque for goalie interference when he barely touched him what was he suppose to do on that play? Just stand there and do nothing and let Anderson play the puck?

I can see not making goalies fair game for bodychecking outside the crease but IMO if the goalie is behind the icing line playing a puck a player should be allowed to fight him for puck position.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Is anyone watching l'antichambre?

I think Bergy is drunk!
i head they were dissing Subban again. this true?