HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Baseball
Baseball MLB, NCAA, International

Several big leaguers in Miami clinic's PED notes, Yankees trying to void A-Rod deal

Old
01-30-2013, 03:20 PM
KH1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
the yankees probably should have called the mystery team's bluff. players never sign there.
The worst thing about it is, they did. Cashman was letting him stew on the open market until Hank Steinbrenner went over his (and Scott Boras') head and negotiated the deal on his own.

Not coincidentally, Hal more or less took over sole control of the team after that.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

those feudin' steinbrenners!

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:27 PM
davebenj

Hank is indeed an absolute idiot. Hal on the other hand I think knows what he's doing more or less. That said, this A-rod thing is just insane. I mean how dumb do you have to be to use it again and get caught again from 2009 through last season? How do we know he hasn't been juicing his entire career now?

Last edited by davebenj: 01-30-2013 at 06:04 PM.
davebenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Always was a huge A-Rod supporter. I'm officially done.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Francesa
ლ(๏‿๏ ◝ლ)

http://twitter.com/DickieV/statuses/296782923678490624
Quote:
Do u think Arod will ever wear a Yankee uni again ? I doubt very much that he will wear the pinstripes

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

if anyone has their fingers on the pulse of yankee baseball it's a horse's ass who screams about college sports.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:36 PM
KH1

Unless A-Rod voluntarily walks away from the game this offseason, there's no chance in hell that we've seen his last game in a Yankees uniform. No team is ever going to take that contract off their hands, and -- while he's a shadow of his epic peak -- Rodriguez is still too valuable for the Yankees to buy out.

Fortunately for Dickie V, Darren Rovell already managed to lock up the award for "dumbest A-Rod idea" by suggesting that the team get rid of him through some straight up insurance fraud.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:59 PM
BPR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
If u have stupid opinions I U R A billionaire.

BPR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Francesa
ლ(๏‿๏ ◝ლ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Charles View Post
If u have stupid opinions I U R A billionaire.
ROFL.

==============================

http://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/st...85527255715840

Quote:
Rodriguez May Not Return To Yankees *******/W1lQjX #mlb
Quote:
Alex Rodriguez’s Yankees career could be over. The third baseman is unlikely to play for the Yankees again, no matter what happens with allegations linking him to a supplier of performance enhancing drugs, Bill Madden, Christian Red and Teri Thompson of the New York Daily News report.

The hip surgery that Rodriguez is recovering from “will likely derail his playing career,” according to the Daily News reporters. This would force the 37-year-old into a diminished role and could lead him to consider retirement or a settlement. Even before this week’s news, Yankees officials had already begun preparing for the probability than Rodriguez would not finish the five years remaining on his contract.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...G97uolBc8TT.99
Rodriguez has been totally useless the last few years as a Yankee. He will not be missed

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
ROFL.

==============================

http://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/st...85527255715840

Rodriguez has been totally useless the last few years as a Yankee. He will not be missed
I've gotta call BS on that. Over the past 3 years A-Rod has hit .272/.352/.465 with 64 homers and 244 RBI. Far from his peak, obviously, but not even close to "totally useless."

Give me a break if you think that the Yankees lineup won't miss the difference between A-Rod and some combination of Kevin Youkilis and Eduardo Nunez.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
BPR*

I also don't trust a report from the Daily News at all.

BPR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlondeDemon10 View Post
You don't have to be a cheater to have a breakout season like Gonzalez. Let's give a player the benefit of the doubt before we start the witchhunt. After all, in a democracy, you are presumed innocent before proven guilty.
Of course..but it's tough to believe him when you look at the story. Gio's father claims he went to the clinic to lose weight, well it's a bit suspicious that he ended up at a clinic that is apparently known for giving out steroids.

"According to the report, the former secretary for Biogenesis said there shouldn't be any question as to what athletes were looking for from Bosch."

"He sold HGH and steroids," the person said, according to the New Times. "Everyone who worked there knew that was what our business was."

I'd honestly rather have PED's be legal, Sosa/Bonds/McGuire etc hitting ridiculous bombs game after game was the funnest baseball has been in recent memory. People act like it's not fair because it isn't 'natural' and players back in the day didn't have this option, but there are numerous other advantages players have now that weren't available to players back then. For example, many players now use specialized contact lenses that give them vision much better than 20/20, I don't see people complaining about these advantages. Also, aren't cortisone shots basically a type of steroid? Players get these shots all the time and are able to play through injuries.

I can see the argument that it wouldn't be fair because many players wouldn't take PED's even if they were legal due to side effects, which is a fair argument.

Last edited by Fire Lindy: 01-31-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
Of course..but it's tough to believe him when you look at the story. Gio's father claims he went to the clinic to lose weight, well it's a bit suspicious that he ended up at a clinic that is apparently known for giving out steroids.

"According to the report, the former secretary for Biogenesis said there shouldn't be any question as to what athletes were looking for from Bosch."

"He sold HGH and steroids," the person said, according to the New Times. "Everyone who worked there knew that was what our business was."

I'd honestly rather have PED's be legal, Sosa/Bonds/McGuire etc hitting ridiculous bombs game after game was the funnest baseball has been in recent memory. People act like it's not fair because it isn't 'natural' and players back in the day didn't have this option, but there are numerous other advantages players have now that weren't available to players back then. For example, many players now use specialized contact lenses that give them vision much better than 20/20, I don't see people complaining about these advantages. Also, aren't cortisone shots basically a type of steroid? Players get these shots all the time and are able to play through injuries.

I can see the argument that it wouldn't be fair because many players wouldn't take PED's even if they were legal due to side effects, which is a fair argument.
There is a blatantly arbitrary line that is drawn by the government and sports organizations when it comes to this. A player can use certain drugs to help him heal, but others are off limits, for no actual reason.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Valrico Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
I've gotta call BS on that. Over the past 3 years A-Rod has hit .272/.352/.465 with 64 homers and 244 RBI. Far from his peak, obviously, but not even close to "totally useless."
That's right.
How quickly you Yankee fans forget the two MVP's he brought NY along with the 6 HR's & 20 RBI's in the 2009 post season.
Shame, shame Yankee fans.

Certainly the extension will go down as the dumbest contract of all time to this point. But this is just the largest of a long list of dumb, wasteful Yankee signings.

Valrico Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:13 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

ix isn't a yankee fan.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:21 AM
LeBlondeDemon10

Quote:

Was he the only practicing doctor there? When I go to a strip bar, I know there is blow and prostitutes available, but I just have my beer, watch the show and go home. And I don't fly to the Dominican Republic for my flu shot.

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Was he the only practicing doctor there? When I go to a strip bar, I know there is blow and prostitutes available, but I just have my beer, watch the show and go home. And I don't fly to the Dominican Republic for my flu shot.
So Gonzalez just happened to be a baseball player that ended up at a clinic that is known for giving out steroids to athletes, and the doctor that hands the roids out had notes on him showing that he purchased PEDs, BUT it could all just be a coincidence that Gonzalez went to this clinic and the doctor made up all the notes on him?

Old
02-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Same here, I now feel embarassed I spent money on a jersey given the many options I could have had for the Yankees. Tossed up between A-Rod, Jeter and Roger Maris, I went with ARod.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:56 PM
LeBlondeDemon10

Quote:
So Gonzalez just happened to be a baseball player that ended up at a clinic that is known for giving out steroids to athletes, and the doctor that hands the roids out had notes on him showing that he purchased PEDs, BUT it could all just be a coincidence that Gonzalez went to this clinic and the doctor made up all the notes on him?
Why would a doctor keep notes on conducting illegal activity?

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Why would a doctor keep notes on conducting illegal activity?
To keep track of all the purchases and what they want, things like that, still very dumb to do but people do dumb things. Better question, why would a doctor create fake notes and risk facing legal action? His notes show that Gonzalez's dad was involved, and his father admitted that Gonzalez has gone to the clinic but claimed it was for weight loss. The notes seem legit, there are notes on other athletes that have been caught using PEDs before and there are guys like Colon and Melky in the notes. It seems incredibly stupid to use their real names in the notes, but employees have said that he loved bragging about how he was supplying star athletes, so it could just be the doctor's ego.

Last edited by Fire Lindy: 02-01-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 04:28 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Same here, I now feel embarassed I spent money on a jersey given the many options I could have had for the Yankees. Tossed up between A-Rod, Jeter and Roger Maris, I went with ARod.
at least maris is dead, so we can't take him to task for greenies or amphetamines or steroids.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Better Call Saul

I bought a Xavier Nady shirt once. We all have our regrets.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:18 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

cruz should have been taking his magic baseball pills in game 6 of the 2011 world series.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:56 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post

And yet I recall you calling him A-Fraud at times.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:32 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24

Coincidence? I think not.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote