HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
AND milk.. can't forget that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Forgot how reliable handzus was in the SO.
He would be silly to try anything else.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:03 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
@johnjm22

About Randy Hahn - I used to like him before the 2011 series against the Guppies. The guy's homerism was really off the charts. I mean he really let it out. I would understand if their broadcasts were only local, but their feed was also the national feed via NBCSN (Versus at that time). They knew they should've toned down their bias, but they were still being jerks. Listen to the massive difference between his calls for Kings goals and Sharks goals. Kings score, you could tell he was pissed off. Sharks score, confetti all over their booth.

I lived there for almost 10 years and got to watch their broadcasts all the time. They progressively got worse over the years. Drew Remenda especially.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:59 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
If anyone wants to laugh for the next 15 minutes:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1335617
Dude....if my boss was here, he would hate you.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
@johnjm22

About Randy Hahn - I used to like him before the 2011 series against the Guppies. The guy's homerism was really off the charts. I mean he really let it out. I would understand if their broadcasts were only local, but their feed was also the national feed via NBCSN (Versus at that time). They knew they should've toned down their bias, but they were still being jerks. Listen to the massive difference between his calls for Kings goals and Sharks goals. Kings score, you could tell he was pissed off. Sharks score, confetti all over their booth.
Glad someone else feels the same exact way I do. Been saying this for awhile now.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
The Oilers PP is deadly, but they are a one trick pony. They had four more PP goals tonight, but only have two even strength goals in their five games (they have ZERO in their last three games). Stay out of the box or shut down that PP, and they are pretty much screwed.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Nice shoulder save by Crawford.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
A 3 point game in the Pacific? You don't say...
We'll be seeing a lot of these

Old
01-30-2013, 08:41 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

The Hawks offense is so fun to watch. I wish we didn't dump and chase so much

Old
01-30-2013, 08:48 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
The Hawks offense is so fun to watch. I wish we didn't dump and chase so much
That's because the Hawks are a fast team, fast teams can just skate the puck in, the Kings bread and butter is cycling and playing along the boards which dump and chase starts.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:18 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
That's because the Hawks are a fast team, fast teams can just skate the puck in, the Kings bread and butter is cycling and playing along the boards which dump and chase starts.
but realistically we aren't a slow team this year though, are we? I think we have some pretty fast skaters.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:30 PM
21Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap77 View Post
Glad someone else feels the same exact way I do. Been saying this for awhile now.
They've gotten progressively worse through the years.

Not sure what's worse, their homerism or their constant whining about the officiating.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:35 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
but realistically we aren't a slow team this year though, are we? I think we have some pretty fast skaters.
Not really compared to other teams, I think Lewis is our fastest skater and he's not really an offensive guy in terms of scoring but he's a great forchecker, Kings are big team that loves to play on the boards because of their size, and that's where they thrive, they're not really a fast team.

But in the end the puck moves faster than people can skate, so quick puck movement is also key which the Kings again thrived on in the playoffs was moving the puck quick to make up for their true lack of skating speed.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:38 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I don't think we aren't fast but we really aren't slow above average. I think when our players bust their ass they have some good wheels.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:39 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
I don't think we aren't fast but we really aren't slow above average. I think when our players bust their ass they have some good wheels.
Not saying Kings are the slowest team but their advantage is their size which is why playing along the boards is key for them they outsize and muscle other teams, while Chicago has a lot of speed, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Toews and Stalberg all are very good skaters in their top 6.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Teams look faster when they move the puck well. The Kings looked noticeably faster during the playoffs and had a jump on their opponents because of how quick and precise they were with their puck movement.

Although I certainly don't disagree that the Kings could use more speedy forwards. Carter, Lewis, Richardson are probably the fastest skaters on the roster. Williams and Richards aren't very fast, neither is King, but the worst skater on the team has to be Dustin Penner. He's got a slow and plodding style and takes wide turns (which also causes him to lose his balance a lot).

Old
01-30-2013, 09:55 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Teams look faster when they move the puck well. The Kings looked noticeably faster during the playoffs and had a jump on their opponents because of how quick and precise they were with their puck movement.

Although I certainly don't disagree that the Kings could use more speedy forwards. Carter, Lewis, Richardson are probably the fastest skaters on the roster. Williams and Richards aren't very fast, neither is King, but the worst skater on the team has to be Dustin Penner. He's got a slow and plodding style and takes wide turns (which also causes him to lose his balance a lot).
Agreed, which even though they wouldn't trade Williams for specific reasons that Voracek for Williams thread I'd have a long hard look at it if I was the Kings, Voracek can flat out skate and has good puck skills as well.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:59 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Could be worse... we could still have Zus on the team.

His speed (or lack thereof) was never the same after his injury. Well, except for his hairdo.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
Could be worse... we could still have Zus on the team.

His speed (or lack thereof) was never the same after his injury. Well, except for his hairdo.
Could make it doubly worse and add Ryan Smyth in the mix. He brought the game to a crawl.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Would you take Ryan Smyth in his prime, though? Interesting how Kopi had his career highs when Smyth first came here. Of course, Smyth got old and was no longer that effective after that.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:05 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Could make it doubly worse and add Ryan Smyth in the mix. He brought the game to a crawl.
Not gonna lie.... that made me chuckle a bit.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:08 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

The Cryotes just got Yakapov'd . Morris wast happy with his celebration either and started throwing punches at Whitney after the goal.Yak didnt go for a skate like he did against the kings, but he did ham it up a bit.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
The Cryotes just got Yakapov'd . Morris wast happy with his celebration either and started throwing punches at Whitney after the goal.Yak didnt go for a skate like he did against the kings, but he did ham it up a bit.
It had nothing to do with Yakupovs celebration. Although the Coyotoes broadcasters made it sound that way. Morris got pissed because he thought Whitney did a hand pass with the puck. They trash talked and Morris went to town on Whitney

Old
01-30-2013, 11:19 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
It had nothing to do with Yakupovs celebration. Although the Coyotoes broadcasters made it sound that way. Morris got pissed because he thought Whitney did a hand pass with the puck. They trash talked and Morris went to town on Whitney
You didnt think that thing he did with his hands behind the net had nothing to do with it? He totally showed them up.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

I don't have a problem with Yakupov's celebrations, but the kid better keep his head up.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
You didnt think that thing he did with his hands behind the net had nothing to do with it? He totally showed them up.
I'm sorry.. I don't see that at all. I think he was calling his teammates over. Moving his fingers around is hardly something to get pissy about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I don't have a problem with Yakupov's celebrations, but the kid better keep his head up.
If he keeps celebrating like he did against the Kings.. then sure. But, tonight.. was nothing. The kid is scoring big goals...It's something to be happy about. Besides I would hardly call him "celebrating" after that goal.

Closed Thread