HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Dr Grant

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post
Anyone have the audio lagging behind like a minute from the actual video on the Habs/Sens game? I just purchased GC and so far it's been awful. Nothing's worked as it should.
Thats happening to me as well. Extremely annoying.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:55 PM
dre2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Grant View Post
Thats happening to me as well. Extremely annoying.
Now it's just skipping... backwards. The feed just keeps going in a loop. It jumps all over the place throughout the game except the present. Right now I'm at 4:01 left in the 2nd, earlier it jumped to 2minute mark and then back to the 6min mark and then to the intermission between the periods.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:35 PM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 50
Network error: connection failure
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. try again in a few moments.
error code: 0

HELP!

Old
01-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post
That's BS. I don't subscribe to any TV/Satelite services so why should I be blacked out for a game that is not available to my household anyways?

If anything I should be able to view it as part of my package since I am actually paying for it.
You are not paying for those games, which is the whole point. You are pirating them. Whose fault is it that you don't subscribe to TV/satellite service? Just because you don't subscribe doesn't mean you are entitled to all of their exclusive programming.

Rights holders paid the NHL and its teams a lot of money for exclusivity and you are deliberately circumventing that.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Schalkenullvier*

I didnt know that Dos equis commercial still aired! Thanks GCL!

Old
01-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Bullwine85

Got an update for the xbox app when i tried to access it today

Anyone know what it's for? I'm not finding anything

Old
01-30-2013, 10:12 PM
ViD

is it possible to get split screen on PS3 and if so, how?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Nater396
Rookie User

Well I found this article praising how great a product the NHL was going to be able to put out with NeuLion.

Quote:
. . . the NHL last week announced that NHL GameCenter LIVE, its out-of-market, live-game streaming product produced by NeuLion, is available for a discounted price of $49.99 for the entire season.

Now that the league’s lengthy lockout has ended, NHL GameCenter returns with a bevy of new enhancements and is available for the first time on Xbox LIVE.

“We’ve been ready since the fall with this thing,” says Chris Wagner, EVP/co-founder at NeuLion. “It’s like having a Ferrari stuck in the garage that we can finally get onto the road.”
I'd say they need that garage full of replacement parts at this point.

Full article can be found here: http://sportsvideo.org/main/blog/201...-availability/

Old
01-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Nater396
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwine85 View Post
Got an update for the xbox app when i tried to access it today

Anyone know what it's for? I'm not finding anything
You can now log in to your twitter account from the settings page. That's all that I found was different.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:48 PM
tekilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
PS3 app works pretty good for me. It's like watching in HD on my TV now.
Hello! You are live in Russia?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:52 PM
The Hobgoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobgoblin View Post
You might want to keep calling. What happened to me was my username at nhl.com was the same as the one I had for years at Atlanta Thrashers official board and the same one here (The Hobgoblin with the underscore) and somehow their servers won't recognize a username with an underscore in it. So that account is lost in limbo. I had to create a new account, give them my PS3 mac address, cancel the gamecenter for the old account, get it again on the new account and now they are waiting to see if their putting in my MAC address by hand will work with the new account since my PS3 was still attached to the old account.

Blargh. It took me 1.75 hours on the phone today to do this and it still isn't resolved. The guy I spoke with said they'll call me back later tonight when on their end it looks like my app should work again. Here's hoping...

He called back later....and it is still the same problem. Error Code 2 over and over and over again. I can't even get past that to get to the app asking me my new username and password in order to link the PS3 with the new account. This is just complete and utter bull crap.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:55 PM
pacerhimself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater396 View Post
Well I found this article praising how great a product the NHL was going to be able to put out with NeuLion.

I'd say they need that garage full of replacement parts at this point.

Full article can be found here: http://sportsvideo.org/main/blog/201...-availability/
To be fair Ferrari's are not well known for their reliability. I'd rather have a Toyota at this point.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerhimself View Post
To be fair Ferrari's are not well known for their reliability. I'd rather have a Toyota at this point.
Well atdhenet.tv is pretty reliable. There is your toyota. Its free too.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Copy of my e-mail escalation:

Quote:
Please escalate this to a manager.

I want some assurances on your service and update on communication with your clients.

Yesterday, I missed most of the Bruins-Devils game, the only reason I pay for your service and I had to suffer through hours of frustration while it hiccuped and malfunctioned. Please review a thread like this, http://*******/XTNWfo , from a hockey board to see the dissatisfaction of your customers.

Most frustrating is a quote like this from your partners at NeuLion ( http://*******/VZ220w ):

“We’ve been ready since the fall with this thing,” says Chris Wagner, EVP/co-founder at NeuLion. “It’s like having a Ferrari stuck in the garage that we can finally get onto the road.”

I tried calling customer support last night and was on hold for over half an hour before giving up. This morning I called and was told:

- There will be no partial refunds.
- There was no idea on what the issue was.
- The representative attempted to misinform me on the length of the outage, quoting half an hour. The link I provided above had the first hand experience of dozens of clients, and my experience was similar with the outage lasting several hours.
- The representative attempted to misinform me by blaming the outage on specific media devices. I attempted to access your service using Apple TV, PS3, iPad, and my laptop in your failings, so this was certainly not the case.
- The representative provided no update on how this will be fixed.

I question why you contract your customer service to this company when they provide no benefit to the customer.

Your e-mail ticket provides a generic response some eight hours after submission and is entirely frustrating. Your lack of social media is abhorrant for what is essentially a media service, and a simple Twitter or Facebook account could provide your clients with a simple update that would make these hiccups far more bearable.

Overall, your service to date has been lacklustre, and given what the NHL has put their fanbase through over the last few months it's unacceptable.

Therefore I want some of my money back. If this is not possible I want an assurance that either your service will never be interrupted again, or that your customer support will be improved. I will be deciding whether to continue my service depending on your response. To be honest, this has been such a frustrating experience that you've put your clients through, I'm debating going to the media with how you've been treating who are essentially your most loyal fans.

Please provide an update as to what you're doing to fix this.

Thank you
Oh and I tweeted at that Chris Wagner guy, we'll see how this goes.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:05 PM
serge2k

I'm atching canucks/avs and there is no clock.

I was watching the canucks/kings game and it also had no clock.

what's going on?

Old
01-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
I'm atching canucks/avs and there is no clock.

I was watching the canucks/kings game and it also had no clock.

what's going on?
I had that issue with Canucks/Kings on TSN feed, but tonight is fine for me.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:20 AM
IowaBudsFan
Rookie User

GCL worked pretty much flawlessly for me tonight... Watching Van-Col on my iPad now without issues.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:31 AM
DaveTheHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
is it possible to get split screen on PS3 and if so, how?
No split screen on the PS3 app

Old
01-31-2013, 02:06 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
Copy of my e-mail escalation:

Oh and I tweeted at that Chris Wagner guy, we'll see how this goes.
Good email, but it would have been nice had you put something regarding reevaluating their blackout policy. Now that is annoyingly dumb.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:09 AM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Good email, but it would have been nice had you put something regarding reevaluating their blackout policy. Now that is annoyingly dumb.
Also something they can't change.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:48 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Dawg View Post
You are ripping off the league and its rights-holders by doing that.
BULL. I have cable, the whole nine yards, every channel available from Comcast Yet I don't and can't get MSG which is in my blackout area so If I wish to watch any Ranger game live and I def. will when the Canes play them, I have to use Stealthly or watch a crappy, free stream.

The whole point about buying GCL was that I wouldn't have to use free streams anymore.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:43 AM
The Hobgoblin

****If you have or had the Error 2 network unavailability error for PS3 this year please respond****

I talked to the same NHL customer service rep this morning and he wanted me to ask other people with this problem if they are still having it or if they no longer are what did they do to fix it. He told me their technical staff literally had not heard of people getting this error until I called them yesterday.

I know from both this board and other sites I visit that this PS3 Error 2 error that pops up immediately after you start the app, see the NHL logo and a blue ring around a puck and then freezes has been a widespread problem with other people.

If you still have it please respond and if you did have it and now gamecenter works ON YOUR PS3 please respond.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
LincolnLawyer

So every time I click a live game that is not my home team on the xbox it says game is blacked out because I can watch it on a national channel. I mean every game. Is there something I am missing?

Old
01-31-2013, 11:48 AM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobgoblin View Post
****If you have or had the Error 2 network unavailability error for PS3 this year please respond****

I talked to the same NHL customer service rep this morning and he wanted me to ask other people with this problem if they are still having it or if they no longer are what did they do to fix it. He told me their technical staff literally had not heard of people getting this error until I called them yesterday.

I know from both this board and other sites I visit that this PS3 Error 2 error that pops up immediately after you start the app, see the NHL logo and a blue ring around a puck and then freezes has been a widespread problem with other people.

If you still have it please respond and if you did have it and now gamecenter works ON YOUR PS3 please respond.
I had no issues on my PS3.

Ask other people, seriously eh? Great service.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:55 AM
awfulwaffle

Has worked fine for me. Only problem has been an issue with buffering at some points during the game, but I feel like that's on my crappy internet.

Closed Thread