HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 03:38 PM
  #51
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Jannik Hansen. Brainfart or stroke of genius? Think about it... really think about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Anyways Philip Larsen got some PP time and scored for Dallas...though they lost 2-1 to Columbus. No points for Mikkel Bødker and Jannik Hansen last night.
Well it did turn out his pairing got the most time - including newfound PP time. Gotta give it to both Schultz(Guessing it was luck - sources and knowledge didn't seem to play a big role) and Gulutzan(seing the light). Most important: Great for Philip to showing the scratching was a mistake.

Either way great to have Dane number two on the goal chart. Who's next? 3 out of 4 remaining are playing tonight

Bank is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 03:51 PM
  #52
dklap3
Registered User
 
dklap3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Herning, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
^^ And according to the same Schultz, Regin is playing 1st line tonight, since Spezza is sidelined.

dklap3 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:44 AM
  #53
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
MacLean must not have got the memo

Frans Nielsen put another two points on the board. Eller with 9 minuts, -1, Regin with 13. Philip Larsen and the Dallas defense continues it's collapse. Larsen was a -1 with 20 minuts of icetime(Dallas D's icetime: Robidas 20:43, Larsen 20:27, Daley 20:14, Benn 19:13, Dillon: 19:11, Goligoski: 19:01).

Let's rejoice over Frans' victory over Pittsburgh. The rest... Meeeh.

Bank is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:21 AM
  #54
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
MacLean must not have got the memo

Frans Nielsen put another two points on the board. Eller with 9 minuts, -1, Regin with 13. Philip Larsen and the Dallas defense continues it's collapse. Larsen was a -1 with 20 minuts of icetime(Dallas D's icetime: Robidas 20:43, Larsen 20:27, Daley 20:14, Benn 19:13, Dillon: 19:11, Goligoski: 19:01).

Let's rejoice over Frans' victory over Pittsburgh. The rest... Meeeh.
Totally agree. Frans is apparently totally goal jinxed this year, but he is producing a lot of assists and that is great. Smart plays and defence is his forcé anyways.

Good that both Regin and Larsen gets more playing time, but Eller 9 minutes and -1 that is not good. He started soo great for JYP and now apparently nothing works for him??


Last edited by Justinov: 01-30-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Justinov is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
  #55
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Weeeeeee - we moved this thread to sticky! The plan is working like clockwork. Soon the world will be ours!!!

Has Jannik Hansen gotten any suspension? If not there "should" be four Danes on ice tonight. I'm gonna go with 2 points(Assists of course) and 2 "Danish" wins

Bank is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:25 PM
  #56
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Weeeeeee - we moved this thread to sticky! The plan is working like clockwork. Soon the world will be ours!!!

Has Jannik Hansen gotten any suspension? If not there "should" be four Danes on ice tonight. I'm gonna go with 2 points(Assists of course) and 2 "Danish" wins
Maybe it's a sign the hockey gods are finally with us, or just a kind moderator that thought it was worth to stick
I can't find any info that Jannik Hansen has received a suspension...
With our current production assists are way more likely than goals - with Montreal and Ottawa meeing each other one win is certain, so we need only one win for Phoenix, Vancouver or NYI to get to two. Even a cautious optimist might go for three wins

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:38 PM
  #57
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Yeah was kinda trying to set my self up to come in tomorrow positively surprised. Haven't had a lot of those morning status' this year

All right i'll up the ante and see you three wins and bet you three wins and three points

Bank is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:02 PM
  #58
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Yeah was kinda trying to set my self up to come in tomorrow positively surprised. Haven't had a lot of those morning status' this year

All right i'll up the ante and see you three wins and bet you three wins and three points
Maybe it is the night to be positive: Ottawa wins Montreal (no danish points), Phoenix loses to Edmonton in overtime but Bødker scores a goal. Vancouver wins over Colorado with 1 Hansen assist and NYI keep surprising (if they play Nabokov) and Frans has 1 assist and wins for NYI in a shootout with Frans the only goalscorer
That will give 3 danish wins.

Cautiously optimistic, but not too unlikely!

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:21 PM
  #59
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Maybe it is the night to be positive: Ottawa wins Montreal (no danish points), Phoenix loses to Edmonton in overtime but Bødker scores a goal. Vancouver wins over Colorado with 1 Hansen assist and NYI keep surprising (if they play Nabokov) and Frans has 1 assist and wins for NYI in a shootout with Frans the only goalscorer
That will give 3 danish wins.

Cautiously optimistic, but not too unlikely!
If the Islanders get on the ice tonight they'll surprise a lot of people all right

Bank is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
  #60
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
If the Islanders get on the ice tonight they'll surprise a lot of people all right
sorry ill hold that for tomorrows game..........but you are right that would surprise everyone.

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:20 PM
  #61
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,310
vCash: 500
Danish National Soccer Team visits Boedker at the Phoenix Coyotes dressing room. Lol whats up with that?

http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videoce...196947&lang=en

wings5 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:37 AM
  #62
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Maybe it is the night to be positive: Ottawa wins Montreal (no danish points), Phoenix loses to Edmonton in overtime but Bødker scores a goal. Vancouver wins over Colorado with 1 Hansen assist and NYI keep surprising (if they play Nabokov) and Frans has 1 assist and wins for NYI in a shootout with Frans the only goalscorer
That will give 3 danish wins.

Cautiously optimistic, but not too unlikely!
So far amazingly correct with the results...but noooo danish production at all - its up to Frans to save some honour for our country by giving them his backhand of judgement.
The only positive was that Jannik Hansen was +1.

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:40 AM
  #63
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Danish National Soccer Team visits Boedker at the Phoenix Coyotes dressing room. Lol whats up with that?

http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videoce...196947&lang=en
Its pretty normal for danish sportspeople to support and visiting each other. Just shows that Bødker now is a star worth visiting, even for the danish league national team (national team that played in US without foreign professionels).

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:53 AM
  #64
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 500
Pretty respectable croud at the soccer game.. between 40-50.000 and quite loud.

Must have been quite the experience for the young danish team.. It was a League team FULL of under 23 players.. SO most of them have never played an international game at this level before and, certainly do not play infront of big crowds like that in the superleague and division one.

Impressive that they could beat Canada's A team 4-0 and Real Salt Lake 2-0 and then draw with Mexico who fielded their olympic team

Impressive.. At least soccer is looking to improve in Denmark, allot of talent in foreign clubs too

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:44 AM
  #65
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
I remember Mike Jensen(Not that he's on the team) saying something about playing with some of the "hockey-guys" back when he grew up in Rødovre. I remember specifically him saying it's good to see them do well in the foreign clubs they were at. I'm not sure if it was Mikkel or Mads Bødker or perhaps Lars Eller. But I can't think of others. I wanna go with the Bødker brothers playing on the same team but that might just be my imagination. Anyway... These guys were quite good. They went on to play some sort of cup final in Parken when they were young(Like 12-13) - And I'm not talking Skolefodbold.

I know guys like Michael Smidt and Michael Sauffaus also played soccer until late in their junior careers they had to pick one sport. In Rodovre it's very normal that guys play soccer in the summer and hockey in the winter.

There goes one very, very, very far fetched sort of kind of lookalike connection between Mikkel Bødker and the National Team B-team.

Bank is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:59 AM
  #66
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
I remember Mike Jensen(Not that he's on the team) saying something about playing with some of the "hockey-guys" back when he grew up in Rødovre. I remember specifically him saying it's good to see them do well in the foreign clubs they were at. I'm not sure if it was Mikkel or Mads Bødker or perhaps Lars Eller. But I can't think of others. I wanna go with the Bødker brothers playing on the same team but that might just be my imagination. Anyway... These guys were quite good. They went on to play some sort of cup final in Parken when they were young(Like 12-13) - And I'm not talking Skolefodbold.

I know guys like Michael Smidt and Michael Sauffaus also played soccer until late in their junior careers they had to pick one sport. In Rodovre it's very normal that guys play soccer in the summer and hockey in the winter.

There goes one very, very, very far fetched sort of kind of lookalike connection between Mikkel Bødker and the National Team B-team.
Im guessing the Boedker brothers, since they both grew up in Brøndby.. I have a really good friend who was in the same folkeskole class as Mikkel

I remember him saying his Hockey was all he was any good at, and that he sucked at school..

He also said Boedker sucked at English, so im guessing he was just jelous, as Boedkers English os quite good

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
  #67
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Im guessing the Boedker brothers, since they both grew up in Brøndby.. I have a really good friend who was in the same folkeskole class as Mikkel

I remember him saying his Hockey was all he was any good at, and that he sucked at school..

He also said Boedker sucked at English, so im guessing he was just jelous, as Boedkers English os quite good
or maybe he did suck and just got better by practicing it! Practice makes perfect you know - anyways you can learn to speak a language by ear and still have no idea about the grammar.

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:23 PM
  #68
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Im guessing the Boedker brothers, since they both grew up in Brøndby.. I have a really good friend who was in the same folkeskole class as Mikkel

I remember him saying his Hockey was all he was any good at, and that he sucked at school..

He also said Boedker sucked at English, so im guessing he was just jelous, as Boedkers English os quite good
Actually that rules out the Boedker brothers Mike Jensen and family live(lived?) in Rødovre. But that could be a more obvious reason he'd have an interest in soccer

Bank is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:27 PM
  #69
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
or maybe he did suck and just got better by practicing it! Practice makes perfect you know - anyways you can learn to speak a language by ear and still have no idea about the grammar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Actually that rules out the Boedker brothers Mike Jensen and family live(lived?) in Rødovre. But that could be a more obvious reason he'd have an interest in soccer
Yeah ofcourse you can, he just does not seem like a dumb kind of guy

Mads on the other hand!

Well ok then, I stand corrected... Then Maybe Jannick, but I actually think he grew up in Herlev..

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:58 PM
  #70
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Dallas has recalled Jamie Oleksiak giving them 8 d-men. Philip Larsen was at practice today on a fourth pairing with Jordie Benn. Back and forth we go...

There's a morning skate before the Phoenix-game I think. Plenty of time for things to happen in the joyful themepark that is the world of Glen Gulutzan.


Last edited by Bank: 01-31-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Bank is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
  #71
dklap3
Registered User
 
dklap3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Herning, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Frans is on fire right now! 21 minutes and another two assist, now with 7 in 7 games.

dklap3 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:26 PM
  #72
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Can't ask for anymore from Frans than what we got tonight Nobody say the g-word!

Bank is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 06:12 AM
  #73
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 500
Frans looks SOLID on the PK and PP, That pass on the first goal from Frans!

SWEET !!!

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 07:32 AM
  #74
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Frans looks SOLID on the PK and PP, That pass on the first goal from Frans!

SWEET !!!
So my prediction was almost perfect...though an overtime win in NYI instead of shootout win, but Frans had a stick in it all.
Frans continue on the assist path like in Lukko.

Justinov is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 06:48 AM
  #75
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Another anonymous day for the danes. Philip Larsen didn't play.
No danish points and Mikkel Bødker missed his shootout attempt.

EDIT: Mikkel Bødker got one assist, so not a total drought!

Only dane that (might) see action tonight is Lars Eller for Montreal.
Actually now 41 NHL matches for the danes and NO GOALS even strength and only 2 in all (PP goals).
Hope they can get news about an olympic qualification success - that might give them an extra boost.

So far:
Frans Nielsen OG 7A in 7 games +2
Mikkel Bødker 1G 5A in 8 games +4 (corrected).
Jannik Hansen 0G 3A in 8 games +2
Philip Larsen 1G 0A in 6 games -3
Peter Regin 0G 0A in 8 matches +2
Lars Eller 0G 0A in 4 games -2

Only Frans Nielsen has lived up to our expectiations. Mikkel Bødker and Jannik Hansen are solid defensively but have produced less than expected.
Philip Larsen with a - statistics on a Dallas team with some defensive problems, but has scored a PP goal.
Peter Regin is playing lower line and has +2 - Goal: Has to stay uninjured this season, so we werent expecting much when he gets 4'th line minutes.
Lars Eller's situation is critical with no production, a - statistics and doghouse time.


Last edited by Justinov: 02-02-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Justinov is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.