HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobby Ryan

Old
01-30-2013, 03:50 PM
PayItForward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
Gotta give to get. We have no number 1 defender and we have no goal scoring wingers to play w/ Giroux.
It hurts the Flyers depth and Anaheim wouldn't do it anyway.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
TheLegendkiller

Try for Perry first, Iginla should be the backup plan.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Viller

Quote:
Dream trade IMO would be B. Schenn + L. Schenn + Voracek + 2014 1st for Fowler + Ryan.
This would fix absolutely nothing. And we can keep those 3 and wait 2 years.

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:30 PM
SheasRebellion6

Sign him as a UFA. I would rather keep all current assets and add a 28 year old Bobby Ryan vs. trading for a 25 yr old Bobby Ryan and giving up multiple valuable assets in the process.

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Make a strong push for Corey perry in the offseason.

If we're out of the playoff picture, then move kimmo to a contender at the deadline for a 1st and a prospect maybe. Maybe spin the tires on trying to move Danny at the deadline for a 1st and a prospect.

Then you have 3 1st rounders, including a chance at the first overall pick even if we just miss the playoffs (though unlikely), to draft a couple defensemen and a winger in a deep draft, and maybe gustafsson comes back and is good or gostisbehere will be ready to compete for a 3rd pairing role.
I like this thinking! It will be like back in 2006-7. Hopefully we don't waste a pick on Steve Emminger again, 'just because we have a lot of first rounders'.

I would think Kimmo would be willing to go to a contender, especially if he plans on retiring after the season.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:45 PM
mailman89

true

mailman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Broad st phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
no need to trade for him

he's most likely coming here in 2 years

This, Bobby Ryan will be a flyer, just gotta wait.

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Broad st phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Who says the franchise is high on him?
Bobby Clarke and Bobby Ryans father are pretty close from what I understand. Local kid, and taalented..... why wouldn't they be high on him?

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:59 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Dream trade IMO would be B. Schenn + L. Schenn + Voracek + 2014 1st for Fowler + Ryan.
They wouldn't trade fowler for giroux.

We don't need to trade for anyone.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Whic his the whole reason why trading for him is a dumb idea. I know he isn't a UFA until 2015, but we aren't going to be a contender until then at the earliest anyways

Just wait it out, and he'll come here......assuming he reaches UFA status
Because the people who run the Flyers are known for their patience...

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:43 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
This would fix absolutely nothing. And we can keep those 3 and wait 2 years.
something has to be done with roster, or else fans wont be going to games, you might have patience but i dont because these players are not good, i dont want to hear sophomore slump excuse, either you are good or you are not.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
something has to be done with roster, or else fans wont be going to games, you might have patience but i dont because these players are not good, i dont want to hear sophomore slump excuse, either you are good or you are not.
Lol...unbelievable.

Your black and white world must be nice.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:18 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
I guess Giroux isn't good. And the Flyers will never have a problem of fans not coming to games.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:32 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
well maybe you should learn to have patience with your team? Have you looked at the past Stanley Cup winners? They rebuilt properly.

LA - Missed the playoffs for 6 straight years, before they had 2 1st round exits, then won
Boston - missed the playoffs in 4 of 7 seasons, then had 3 short playoffs runs before they won
Chicago - missed the playoffs in 9 of 11 season before they won
Pittsburgh - missed the playoffs 4 of 6 years before they won
Detroit - only exception, but they can develop their players
Anaheim - missed the playoffs 4 of 6 years before they won
Carolina - missed the playoffs in 4 of 6 season before they won

do you not see a trend here? All the teams that have won the Cup since the last lock-out, aside from 1, have had patience with their roster and built through the drafts. they didn't make many panic moves and they didn't mortgage their future for quick fixes.

If it means that this team has to rebuild through the draft for a few years and actually win the cup afterwards than I'm all for it. I'd take that over what this team has been doing for the past 10 years and resulted in no cups.

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:57 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
well maybe you should learn to have patience with your team? Have you looked at the past Stanley Cup winners? They rebuilt properly.

LA - Missed the playoffs for 6 straight years, before they had 2 1st round exits, then won
Boston - missed the playoffs in 4 of 7 seasons, then had 3 short playoffs runs before they won
Chicago - missed the playoffs in 9 of 11 season before they won
Pittsburgh - missed the playoffs 4 of 6 years before they won
Detroit - only exception, but they can develop their players
Anaheim - missed the playoffs 4 of 6 years before they won
Carolina - missed the playoffs in 4 of 6 season before they won

do you not see a trend here? All the teams that have won the Cup since the last lock-out, aside from 1, have had patience with their roster and built through the drafts. they didn't make many panic moves and they didn't mortgage their future for quick fixes.

If it means that this team has to rebuild through the draft for a few years and actually win the cup afterwards than I'm all for it. I'd take that over what this team has been doing for the past 10 years and resulted in no cups.
what makes you think these players are so great to build around? these players are not impact players, why do you think la and columbus got rid of them? you tell me why did they trade them?

Old
01-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
what makes you think these players are so great to build around? these players are not impact players, why do you think la and columbus got rid of them? you tell me why did they trade them?
What makes you think they will never be impact players?

Simmonds had nearly 30 goals last year. That's really good, you know. If you don't think Giroux isn't an impact player then I don't know what your definition of "impact player" is.

01-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Zod
Disappointment Train

Quote:
LA had a core group in place, and had younger additional assets that were better served by getting a veteran to push their core over the top. It seemingly worked.

Columbus tried to bring in a star to match with their existing one at the time to generate something. Their futures weren't helping them. It may not have worked out so great for them.

That fact that other teams gave them up doesn't mean they're not good players. They weren't what those teams needed at the time. Our team just isn't playing well at the moment--it's not just the traded individuals.

Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:46 PM
MP92

Quote:
They went to games in 06-07, the worst year in franchise history. Fan support wont change. Btw patience is a virtue. Most people knew when they traded Richards and Carter to get younger players back, this team wasn't going to contend for the cup right away. You dont piss away your future just to try and win now.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:25 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothless Couts View Post
They went to games in 06-07, the worst year in franchise history. Fan support wont change. Btw patience is a virtue. Most people knew when they traded Richards and Carter to get younger players back, this team wasn't going to contend for the cup right away. You dont piss away your future just to try and win now.
well what are you going to do if they do get rid of them then?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
MP92

Quote:
What can I do? I'd still be a fan. I'd be a pissed off fan but I'd still be one.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
For someone who is so concerned about fans not coming to games, you sure seem hell bent on turning us into what Columbus was last year...one or two star players surrounded by lacking talent. Because if you trade everyone to get whoever it is you want, you're creating holes in the roster and prospect pool. Depth is important, and you seem eager to nuke it.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:57 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
For someone who is so concerned about fans not coming to games, you sure seem hell bent on turning us into what Columbus was last year...one or two star players surrounded by lacking talent. Because if you trade everyone to get whoever it is you want, you're creating holes in the roster and prospect pool. Depth is important, and you seem eager to nuke it.
Exactly. Depth is THE most important. It is the ONLY constant among Stanley Cup winning organizations in the modern era.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:25 AM
FlyingHigh28*

It's hilarious to me to see Homer supporters preaching "patience". We're talking about a man who traded away our young (both 26 years of age at the time of the trade) superstars to get even younger, while continuing to hold onto Pronger, Timonen, and Briere and not even trying to trade any of them. And then in the mean time, he signed a goalie for humongous big money who will be out of his prime by the time these new younger players hit their prime.

This wasn't a "proper" rebuild. This is nothing like a proper rebuild. This was Homer's attempt to pull a rabbit out of his a** and get the best of both worlds, getting younger while still competing. This type of "mixed" strategy is not how you build a championship team, this is how you royally ****** up a team for a decade.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:26 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

im not taking the bait with someone in this thread. Thats about as nice as I am going to put it.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:37 AM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
Quote:
It's hilarious to me to see Homer supporters preaching "patience". We're talking about a man who traded away our young (both 26 years of age at the time of the trade) superstars to get even younger, while continuing to hold onto Pronger, Timonen, and Briere and not even trying to trade any of them. And then in the mean time, he signed a goalie for humongous big money who will be out of his prime by the time these new younger players hit their prime.

This wasn't a "proper" rebuild. This is nothing like a proper rebuild. This was Homer's attempt to pull a rabbit out of his a** and get the best of both worlds, getting younger while still competing. This type of "mixed" strategy is not how you build a championship team, this is how you royally ****** up a team for a decade.
Can I quote you on that later?

Cyborg LeClair is online now   Reply With Quote