HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 5-1, I watched the UFC at TVA Sports instead of half of the game.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i head they were dissing Subban again. this true?
Nope. Actually, Gaston was saying they will test Subban tomorrow to see if he's ready and Bergy went on a rant saying that there's no need to test him and to put him instead of Kaberla ahah! I love Bergy.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:52 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
i head they were dissing Subban again. this true?
Yeah they were trying to read too much into the fact that PK only practiced with the goalies and the healthy scratches today. They were implying that the brass may be sending a message that he is being evaluated for conditioning and if he is really ready to join the team yet....

FRICK I hate the Montreal media.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:52 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I would definitely sit White next game. Passion and stupidity are not the same thing. White's taken dumb penalties multiple times this season and they haven't hurt us; tonight they cost us the game.

Come on, if it were someone like Desharnais (who really needs to get his **** together ASAP) who took those penalties, people would be begging Bergevin to waive him. But because it's White, it's just him being "passionate". White is crazily overprotected on this board because he can drop the gloves, but he should be held accountable for his dumb plays like anyone else.
Budaj cost us the game today.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:53 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Nope. Actually, Gaston was saying they will test Subban tomorrow to see if he's ready and Bergy went on a rant saying that there's no need to test him and to put him instead of Kaberla ahah! I love Bergy.
Bergy rant was pretty hilarious.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:53 PM
Shaby23

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Is anyone watching l'antichambre?

I think Bergy is drunk!
I will never watch again l'antichambre when the Habs lost lol. So much negativity it's unreal.

Last edited by Shaby23: 01-30-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Shaby23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:54 PM
CHill Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Yeah they were trying to read too much into the fact that PK only practiced with the goalies and the healthy scratches today. They were implying that the brass may be sending a message that he is being evaluated for conditioning and if he is really ready to join the team yet....

FRICK I hate the Montreal media.
a prairie hab who understands the language of Moliere

CHill Seeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:57 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
a prairie hab who understands the language of Moliere
C'est vrai mon homme!

Old
01-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Forsead

Quote:
I'm not his biggest fan, but say what you will Bergy is a guy that like talented players and doesn't care too much for attitude ''problems''. He often defended both Kostitsyn in the past and he often said that you're not winning cup with milk drinking gentle hearted guys and then he started ranting about how he played Peter Stastny on the PP for 2 minutes and that Chelios and Corson won cups while having thoses ''attitude'' issues.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I'm not his biggest fan, but say what you will Bergy is a guy that like talented players and doesn't care too much for attitude ''problems''. He often defended both Kostitsyn in the past and he often said that you're not winning cup with milk drinking gentle hearted guys and then he started ranting about how he played Peter Stastny on the PP for 2 minutes and that Chelios and Corson won cups while having thoses ''attitude'' issues.
True. He likes talent.
Also those stories about Stasny are hilarious.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
On that joke of a call on Bourque for goalie interference when he barely touched him what was he suppose to do on that play? Just stand there and do nothing and let Anderson play the puck?

I can see not making goalies fair game for bodychecking outside the crease but IMO if the goalie is behind the icing line playing a puck a player should be allowed to fight him for puck position.
There was 3 absolute garbage calls in tonight's game. The one on Bourque who did everything to not get a penalty, still got one because of Anderson diving.

Then the one on Armstrong. Never seen a penalty call for that in my life. I've seen worst contact on soccer that went unpunished.

And finally, the one one White that got him 4 minutes. Just saw the replay again, I still don't get why he got a penalty for that.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
That's funny because he was bashing Subban BIG TIME after each Habs win, saying we should trade him and don't need him.

I knew tonight he's gonna be on PK's side because we lost the game. That guy changes opinion and always contradicts himself.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:14 PM
SB164

Quote:
The same Bergy who said last week that the Habs should trade Subban? He's hilarious, but at the end of the day, he's kind of a clown.

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Your fascination for 4th line plugs is mind-boggling. Budaj had nothing to do with the loss, you'd rather blame him than White since you have an irrational hard-on for players that are gritty. He took stupid penalties tonight and this is not the first time he does this season. For a guy that's a fringer NHLer and is playing for his heart, he's putting himself a bit too much ahead of the team with those dumb penalties. Players like White are easily replacable, if White can't control himself and be disciplined he won't be in Montreal, let alone in the NHL for too long. The team played like crap today, the loss had nothing to do with Budaj's performance. If you want to throw him under the bus, you might as well not be double standard and throw White under the bus too because he had just as much of a factor in tonight's loss than Budaj.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Bob Cole

I find it sickening how PK was not in the lineup. A 50% PK is still 10 times better than a 100% Kaberle.

Just one of those games where the other team got all the bounces, nothing you can do about it. Budaj was actually somewhat decent tonight.

Bob Cole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Your fascination for 4th line plugs is mind-boggling. Budaj had nothing to do with the loss, you'd rather blame him than White since you have an irrational hard-on for players that are gritty. He took stupid penalties tonight and this is not the first time he does this season. For a guy that's a fringer NHLer and is playing for his heart, he's putting himself a bit too much ahead of the team with those dumb penalties. Players like White are easily replacable, if White can't control himself and be disciplined he won't be in Montreal, let alone in the NHL for too long. The team played like crap today, the loss had nothing to do with Budaj's performance. If you want to throw him under the bus, you might as well not be double standard and throw White under the bus too because he had just as much of a factor in tonight's loss than Budaj.
That, sir, is an impressive strawman.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
I find it sickening how PK was not in the lineup. A 50% PK is still 10 times better than a 100% Kaberle.

Just one of those games where the other team got all the bounces, nothing you can do about it. Budaj was actually somewhat decent tonight.
That's not what Gaston Therrien is thinking.. but he's a moron.

Seriously, has Kaberle made a single noticeable good play this season? He's at a point that if he's invisible in a game, means a good game for him and we are paying 4M$ for this guy. Can't wait to see him out of the line up.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:24 PM
BobbyFischer*

Budaj suuuuuuuuckkkkkkkssssssssssssssssss

oh boy....

He was BAD today.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Habsawce

Anderson played out of his mind tonight.

Not a fan of Ottawa as Chris Neil is a complete chump. But honestly, that's not a very good team over there. There goalie is just playing inhuman at the moment.

What's with Borowhateverhisname is breaking sticks over forwards in front of the net and the refs taking both? Like seriously?

Anyway, don't want to harp about the refs because they were brutal for both sides but ya, not impressed with Ottawa. Once Anderson comes back down to Earth they'll struggle.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
CHill Seeker

if you can watch CTV montreal @ 11:45. apparently Prust issued a challenge to Neil for Sunday. pissed out how he was running habs...love this guy

CHill Seeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
if you can watch CTV montreal @ 11:45. apparently Prust issued a challenge to Neil for Sunday. pissed out how he was running habs...love this guy
Neil is notorious for this kind of stuff. And then he'll fight a lightweight and do his arms in the air mocking BS.

Prust will tune him in. Also, the fight was a draw in my books even though Neil got 3-4 shots in before Pruster got his gloves off.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

I would like Eller to center Moen and Armstrong or Moen and White. He's more comfortable at center and can throw his weight around while having better hands than White.

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:45 PM
General Granny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Anderson played out of his mind tonight.

Not a fan of Ottawa as Chris Neil is a complete chump. But honestly, that's not a very good team over there. There goalie is just playing inhuman at the moment.

What's with Borowhateverhisname is breaking sticks over forwards in front of the net and the refs taking both? Like seriously?

Anyway, don't want to harp about the refs because they were brutal for both sides but ya, not impressed with Ottawa. Once Anderson comes back down to Earth they'll struggle.
5-1-1 so far and made the playoffs last season, they are ok hockey club.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
5-1-1 so far and made the playoffs last season, they are ok hockey club.
Hey my personal opinion, I just don't see it from the 3-4 Sens games I've seen this year.

Just a personal experience, also not every team that makes the playoffs is good, There's a lot of luck involved. Hey if Anderson can play that for the entire season it would be impossible not to make the playoffs

Old
01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I knew I would read this here today. He wasn't great by any stretch, but he also didn't cost the team.

What should be taken out of this game is that Carey Price should not be taken for granted. I said it in the PGT last night, and I'll say it again tonight, the PK is flawed. Its serving too many good looks to the opposition, especially on the points. The shooting lanes are wide open, and they are unable to clear the puck once it gets into the crease area. Price is about the only thing that has kept our PK from being a total disaster thus far.

I'll also echo again that if the PK can get sorted out, this team could be on to something.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:51 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I knew I would read this here today.

What should be taken out of this game is that Carey Price should not be taken for granted. I said it in the PGT last night, and I'll say it again tonight, the PK is flawed. Its serving too many good looks to the opposition, especially on the points. The shooting lanes are wide open, and they are unable to clear the puck once it gets into the crease area. Price is about the only thing that has kept our PK from being a total disaster thus far.

I'll also echo again that if the PK can get sorted out, this team could be on to something.

I wish Kirk Muller would be fired in Carolina so he could come back here as ass.