HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 04:52 PM
PubOFH

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
FYI, my fav. player Marc Methot is a league leading +6 and playing on the top line in Ottawa.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:22 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Quick thought on Yakupov.

Has anyone heard of this player? As a 20-year-old rookie on a team that had 96 points the year prior...
- He scored goals in five straight games
- Went two games without a point
- Then had 3 goals and 2 assists in his next four games

After 15 career games, he had 8 goals and 2 assists. I believe he actually led the league in goals scored at that point, as a 20-year-old rookie on a playoff team.

For the rest of his career, he had 4 goals and 1 assist in 38 games. He bounced around multiple levels of hockey after that, and retired a few years ago.

And most people have never heard of Daniel Goneau, and if you ask the Rangers board, most of them would either have never heard of him or would roll their eyes.

Point is, Nail Yakupov is three games into his NHL career. We don't know what the rest of his season is going to look like, let alone the rest of his career. We don't know either answer for Ryan Murray, or anyone else who was drafted this year. Sitting around and lamenting the fact that he's not here is crazy. His two goals wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference in the last two games.
You are the master of the arcane...

On a side note with stats like that you can see why he is Goneau

Old
01-25-2013, 05:23 PM
CBJFan19*

Where would Yak go in this draft?

Old
01-25-2013, 05:27 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
To whoever drafts after the Jackets in Round 2. He is no good.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:59 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Well, it appears to me that one of the teams playing worse than the CBJ would be the Caps. Dear lord, they're horrible.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:09 PM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

Listening to the Canucks feed tonight and they said Manny Mahlhotra has become a dad. Congrats to Manny on starting one of life's great journeys! He always seemed like one of the nicer Jackets.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
FYI, my fav. player Marc Methot is a league leading +6 and playing on the top line in Ottawa.
I always liked him... he worked hard to move up, good to see he is doing well in Ottawa...

Old
01-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
Top 3-4ish ...

I have no problem with the celebration. To the LA Kings, if you don't like it, do something about it.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Interesting things going on in Detroit. Talk had been that the Ilitch family would build a privately owned arena somewhere on one of the families many properties downtown.

Maybe not.

Quote:
The Ilitch family, which owns the Detroit Red Wings, has privately floated the idea that the state of Michigan own a new downtown hockey arena proposed for the National Hockey League franchise.

The suggestion to possibly use the Michigan Strategic Fund as the venue's owner was discussed in a November meeting between state economic development executives and representatives of the Ilitch family, according to copies of emails obtained from the Michigan Economic Development Corp. by Crain's through a Freedom of Information Act request.
Quote:
Property taxes are a major reason for the Ilitches to not want to own a new arena, said Neil deMause, a New York-based journalist and co-author of the book Field of Schemes, which took a critical look at public funding for professional sports stadiums.
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...play-for-arena

Would be interesting to hear from a knowledgable Wings fan on what has been going on with the Joe recently. When we were up there several seasons ago for the 8-2 CBJ win many Wings fans we were sitting near told us that the Joe was really falling into ill repair because the City did not want to put any money into it. The convention authority covets the land that it sits on, and eventually wants it torn down to make room to expand the convention facilities. That's what we were told anyway.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:32 PM
EspenK

Galchenyuk and Grigorenko to stay with their teams. Buffalo could have stolen one at #12 although he has yet to register a point.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=414696

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414726

Old
01-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Galchenyuk and Grigorenko to stay with their teams. Buffalo could have stolen one at #12 although he has yet to register a point.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=414696

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414726
Just because he's sticking doesn't make or break him for me ... remember, Gilbert Brule stuck with the Jackets as an 18 year old.

I think Grigorenko has been good, but I'm honestly surprised they're keeping him. Maybe they want him to learn what it takes to be a professional by sheltering his minutes and making him learn from the other guys? If it works out, he could be a phenomenal player.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:10 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Just because he's sticking doesn't make or break him for me ... remember, Gilbert Brule stuck with the Jackets as an 18 year old.

I think Grigorenko has been good, but I'm honestly surprised they're keeping him. Maybe they want him to learn what it takes to be a professional by sheltering his minutes and making him learn from the other guys? If it works out, he could be a phenomenal player.
Brule didn't stick with the Jackets. He had 4 points in 7 games and then got injured. After recovery he went back to the WHL.

Last edited by bizzz*: 01-29-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 06:29 PM
BluejacketNut

As Brule's dad said, Hamrlik gave him a "Welcome to the NHL kid" hit

Old
01-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:

Obviously that will never work. We've heard for the last 12 months about how horrible it is that Ryan Johansen will never develop into anything because of how he was kept around last year and didn't get prime minutes.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Obviously that will never work. We've heard for the last 12 months about how horrible it is that Ryan Johansen will never develop into anything because of how he was kept around last year and didn't get prime minutes.
Grigorenko is more talented.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
So's Zherdev. What's your point?

Old
01-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Grigorenko is also a better drinker.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

maybe needs moved to another thread....dunno...per Dennis at the fourth period

@DennisTFP League source: Kings Andrei Loktionov has requested trade

i think its worth a look for us...skilled center...young...

Old
01-30-2013, 02:42 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
maybe needs moved to another thread....dunno...per Dennis at the fourth period

@DennisTFP League source: Kings Andrei Loktionov has requested trade

i think its worth a look for us...skilled center...young...
Man, how great would it be if he pouted his way out of LA, came to Columbus and immediately won a cup...

I can dream.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Man, how great would it be if he pouted his way out of LA, came to Columbus and immediately won a cup...

I can dream.
CBJ get disgruntled LAK center, squeeze into playoffs at #8 seed, go on to win Stanley Cup. If only karma would be so nice.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Zack Boychuk is on waivers according to the main boards.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we claimed him.

01-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Zack Boychuk is on waivers according to the main boards.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we claimed him.
Not a fan of the Loktionov situation ... it could work out, but meh.

I was a big fan of Zach Boychuk when he played for Lethbridge, however. I can be quoted on these boards as saying that he was the most exciting offensive player I had ever seen in the WHL, and I think that still stands to be true. Our team played against them in the WHL Finals (swept them), and on every single night Boychuk was downright amazing.

Really surprised that he hasn't developed into something big for the Hurricanes. At this point, he has to be considered another Colton Gillies depth type forward. He adds tremendous speed, good hands, and hard work ... I wouldn't be against adding him, but we would have to temper expectations.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:02 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Not a fan of the Loktionov situation ... it could work out, but meh.

I was a big fan of Zach Boychuk when he played for Lethbridge, however. I can be quoted on these boards as saying that he was the most exciting offensive player I had ever seen in the WHL, and I think that still stands to be true. Our team played against them in the WHL Finals (swept them), and on every single night Boychuk was downright amazing.

Really surprised that he hasn't developed into something big for the Hurricanes. At this point, he has to be considered another Colton Gillies depth type forward. He adds tremendous speed, good hands, and hard work ... I wouldn't be against adding him, but we would have to temper expectations.
Likelihood of Boychuk being claimed? Based, of course, on a combination of:
- Skating
- Work ethic
- Hockey IQ

Old
01-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Likelihood of Boychuk being claimed? Based, of course, on a combination of:
- Skating
- Work ethic
- Hockey IQ
He still has upside. I would think someone would take a shot on him, if nothing else to provide depth in the system or to allow other prospects to develop. He's a good kid, works hard and leads by example.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:51 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
He still has upside. I would think someone would take a shot on him, if nothing else to provide depth in the system or to allow other prospects to develop. He's a good kid, works hard and leads by example.
Okay, let's run with this a little bit.

Let's say for a second that Boychuk is claimed. He can't go to Springfield without being sent through waivers the rest of the way, where he'd undoubtedly be claimed. So he'd be stuck in the NHL, and can't be traded either (unless the 30-day waiver claim/trade rule was changed in the new CBA).

This would have the following forwards on the roster:
Umbeger, Dubinsky, Brassard, Foligno, Prospal, Johansen, Anisimov, Dorsett, Boll, MacKenzie, Gillies, Audy-Marchessault, Letestu, and Boychuk. That's 14. Atkinson and Calvert are on IR. Calvert, Atkinson, Johansen, and Audy-Marchessault are all ineligible for waivers.

With Atkinson out possibly multiple weeks, it would allow for an extended look at Boychuk to see if he's able to fit in and, if so, where. When Calvert is ready to go, someone can be sent back down. Obviously, that would depend on a lot of factors. It would keep the current forward crop intact, minus the guy being sent down.

Or, it would open up the possibility of a trade. I see three names out of the current group who would be desired by multiple teams who are likely also available to some extent. Does one of them get sent on his way? Does Atkinson come off IR and then be sent down for a conditioning stint, buying another few days before a decision must be made?

So many possibilities...

Closed Thread