HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v25: Terrence Ross named to Slam Dunk Competition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 10:48 PM
  #151
DD03
3D
 
DD03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,708
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post



BC pretty much saying Andrea is gone.
Pretty much said Andrea wants out. I can only hope.

DD03 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
  #152
DD03
3D
 
DD03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,708
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Player A:

PPG 17.3
RPG 5.9
APG 2.2
SPG 1.0
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.437
FT% 0.825
3P% 0.246
MPG 36.8

Player B:

PPG 17.2
RPG 5.9
APG 2.6
SPG 1.3
BPG 0.7
FG% 0.408
FT% 0.776
3P% 0.310
MPG 36.7

Anybody want to take a guess which player is which?
Top one = Demar, Bottom = Gay. What's your point? Btw, TSN has Demar at 4.3 RPG

DD03 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
  #153
Kb21
Registered User
 
Kb21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Player A:

PPG 17.3
RPG 5.9
APG 2.2
SPG 1.0
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.437
FT% 0.825
3P% 0.246
MPG 36.8

Player B:

PPG 17.2
RPG 5.9
APG 2.6
SPG 1.3
BPG 0.7
FG% 0.408
FT% 0.776
3P% 0.310
MPG 36.7

Anybody want to take a guess which player is which?
A = DD
B = Rudy



took this from a yahoo article on the gay trade(dude really needs a name change)

Quote:
Think of this deal for Toronto in terms that exclude specifics. The franchise had a competent point guard with a massive expiring contract and a very talented 23-year-old center who is working on a rookie deal paying him less than half of the NBA’s average salary. They turned those assets into Gay, who they’ll pay more than $37 million to over the next two years. Missteps don’t come much more obvious than this.

Kb21 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:51 PM
  #154
Kb21
Registered User
 
Kb21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Pretty much said Andrea wants out. I can only hope.
but who will take him and his 20M left on his contract.

Kb21 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:54 PM
  #155
Hanta Yo
Bag it up
 
Hanta Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,574
vCash: 500
Gay's being paid as a #1 and isn't performing close to it. Point is he's overpaid.

Hanta Yo is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:55 PM
  #156
Dwight K Schrute
Registered User
 
Dwight K Schrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scranton
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
A = DD
B = Rudy



took this from a yahoo article on the gay trade(dude really needs a name change)
c'mon

Dwight K Schrute is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:56 PM
  #157
Dwight K Schrute
Registered User
 
Dwight K Schrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scranton
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
Gay's being paid as a #1 and isn't performing close to it. Point is he's overpaid.
were we going to get someone better? Even overpaying doesn't work trying to attract good players to Toronto. Great move by BC.

Dwight K Schrute is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:58 PM
  #158
The Podium
Registered User
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,949
vCash: 500
So as someone who considers himself to be the least knowledgeable person in basketball, was this trade any good?

The Podium is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:02 PM
  #159
Future
Registered User
 
Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,115
vCash: 500
Casey: "I'm tired of this. I'm tired of losing games because of missed calls. I know the league is going to come down on me but I don't care"

"I've been in this league 18 years and I've never seen as many missed calls at the end to cost us the game"

"We got great officials in this league. We have good officials and too good to miss calls and short change these young men like that"

"It's not right. It's not right for these guys to play their hearts out and then come up on a miss call at the end"


http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/dwa...ey-jan-30-2013


Good job Casey man. You know the team appreciates him sticking his neck out for them.

Future is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:04 PM
  #160
glasses91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Steelheads!?
Country: Canada
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
So as someone who considers himself to be the least knowledgeable person in basketball, was this trade any good?

grabovski+kadri

for

spezza

is that accurate?

glasses91 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:04 PM
  #161
shibbiness
Registered User
 
shibbiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
These situations are handled a whole lot differently than they are in the NHL. I don't watch too much basketball, so I was surprised to see how openly BC is talking about trading players that are still on his team.

shibbiness is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:05 PM
  #162
glasses91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Steelheads!?
Country: Canada
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
and thats if spezza was paid heftly..

glasses91 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:06 PM
  #163
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Top one = Demar, Bottom = Gay. What's your point? Btw, TSN has Demar at 4.3 RPG
That he does, mistake on my part.

My point? Gay isn't that good. Most of us don't even like DeMar contract which is basically half of what Gay is making. He is getting paid like a star when he isn't one and I don't know how this team improves much making him the go-to-guy. Losing Davis who is young, cheap, productive and improving is a big loss... and we get to replace him with Bargnani, which totally sucks.

Not to mention cap hell which will restrict what they can do.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:08 PM
  #164
glasses91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Steelheads!?
Country: Canada
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
I just cant beleive memphis had the chance to run calderon with gasol and instead trade him to detroit for prince. omg.

glasses91 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:08 PM
  #165
LEAFSIN4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses91 View Post
grabovski+kadri

for

spezza

is that accurate?

no way, more like

kaberle and steen

for

briere

LEAFSIN4 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:10 PM
  #166
Dark Knight
Maple Leafs.
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Casey: "I'm tired of this. I'm tired of losing games because of missed calls. I know the league is going to come down on me but I don't care"

"I've been in this league 18 years and I've never seen as many missed calls at the end to cost us the game"

"We got great officials in this league. We have good officials and too good to miss calls and short change these young men like that"

"It's not right. It's not right for these guys to play their hearts out and then come up on a miss call at the end"


http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/dwa...ey-jan-30-2013


Good job Casey man. You know the team appreciates him sticking his neck out for them.
Big props to Casey!!

I also hope that this gets the team to huddle up and stick together and develop an us Vs. the world mentality.

__________________
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l553/noiseboi/William_Nylander_siggy2.png
Dark Knight is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:14 PM
  #167
Future
Registered User
 
Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
That he does, mistake on my part.

My point? Gay isn't that good. Most of us don't even like DeMar contract which is basically half of what Gay is making. He is getting paid like a star when he isn't one and I don't know how this team improves much making him the go-to-guy. Losing Davis who is young, cheap, productive and improving is a big loss... and we get to replace him with Bargnani, which totally sucks.

Not to mention cap hell which will restrict what they can do.
I think Gay is going to surprise everyone. I have a feeling he's going to do VERY well here. He's not going to live up to that contract though, it would be best if people just stopped talking about it altogether because it hasn't even been 24 hours and I'm already tired of it. Haha

Future is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:15 PM
  #168
MrPiff17
Bay St. Bullies
 
MrPiff17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: the 416
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
were we going to get someone better? Even overpaying doesn't work trying to attract good players to Toronto. Great move by BC.
Boom, well said.

MrPiff17 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:18 PM
  #169
MrPiff17
Bay St. Bullies
 
MrPiff17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: the 416
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Player A:

PPG 17.3
RPG 5.9
APG 2.2
SPG 1.0
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.437
FT% 0.825
3P% 0.246
MPG 36.8

Player B:

PPG 17.2
RPG 5.9
APG 2.6
SPG 1.3
BPG 0.7
FG% 0.408
FT% 0.776
3P% 0.310
MPG 36.7

Anybody want to take a guess which player is which?
We didn't replace player A with player B, we have both, so are you just trying to say he's overpaid?

Like someone else posted, who were we to get that's better? And top free agents don't come north of the border, even with a max contract offer.

MrPiff17 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:21 PM
  #170
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
I think Gay is going to surprise everyone. I have a feeling he's going to do VERY well here. He's not going to live up to that contract though, it would be best if people just stopped talking about it altogether because it hasn't even been 24 hours and I'm already tired of it. Haha
Its sad that we've got so many players on this team with that attached to them.

Bargnani, Fields, Kleiza and now Gay.

"he can't live up to that contract"

BC better work his *** off... because this team, with Gay, still isn't a playoff team.

topched is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:22 PM
  #171
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED
 
Giuseppe Sallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Back to L.A
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,135
vCash: 500
I don't care what anyone says, BC pull the trigger because MLSE pressured his lazy ass. The guy is not a risk taker, and Burkie and him are a lot like. Both think they're "Know-it-all attitude" is gonna win fans.

Rudy Gay, Welcome to T.O!

Giuseppe Sallo is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:23 PM
  #172
glasses91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Steelheads!?
Country: Canada
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
This was a while ago but, one night I was at a roullette table in fallsview and this big ass arm comes over my head and put 300 on black. I turned around to see who this crazy ******* was and I had to double look. He nodded on the second look so I just nodded back. At this point I knew it was Davis but i was too scared to go back for a third look. Hes also quite gangsta and was rollin' pretty deep so I didnt say anything to him and just got outta the mans way. Moral of the story is Ed Davis is a gangsta and Im sad hes gone.

glasses91 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:28 PM
  #173
Mork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,249
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Mork
Great. Another over-paid under-achiever with an albatross of a contract to tie-up the payroll and the roster for years to come.

I guess if you're going to get fired anyway, you don't want the new GM to have an easy time of trying to re-make the roster.

I don't think it will be easy to unload the new guy when the time comes. It took Nashville all year to do that, and if the Raptors had wandered in they might still be sucking air.

Mork is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:29 PM
  #174
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,818
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Player A:

PPG 17.3
RPG 5.9
APG 2.2
SPG 1.0
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.437
FT% 0.825
3P% 0.246
MPG 36.8

Player B:

PPG 17.2
RPG 5.9
APG 2.6
SPG 1.3
BPG 0.7
FG% 0.408
FT% 0.776
3P% 0.310
MPG 36.7

Anybody want to take a guess which player is which?
Top is DeMar, though I think the rebounding #s are off. He's not getting 6 boards a game.

Bottom is Gay

and this plays into exactly what I've been saying all along. Rudy Gay is a slightly better DeRozan with a 3-point shot. The difference in output isn't as great as it is portrayed to be and isn't worth the fact that Gay is getting paid basically twice what DeMar is going forward.

Rudy Gay is a nice player. A nice complementary piece. In a vacuum where his contract is irrelevant and the other players on the Raptors roster are not a factor, Rudy Gay is a fine get for the Raptors. But with DeRozan on this team and to an extent Ross as well what Rudy Gay adds isn't going to make a huge difference in the overall output/success of the team. If we were going to blow significant trade chips in the form of Calderon and Davis, the get should've been something that filled a bigger hole or fit better.

__________________

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows..."
The Nemesis is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:35 PM
  #175
BankStreetParade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
Second worst trade in Raptors history. Look at Rudy's advanced statistics, how is this a step in the right direction? We just offloaded our two best trade assets for an overpaid SF who requires a considerable amount of touches to contribute anything meaningful offensively. Colangelo needs to go because this team has the right coach in place, we just need a GM who can make smart trades to fill all the different holes and put us back in the playoffs.

BankStreetParade is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.