Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I hate to be 'that guy' but moving away from our BDT's for the Habs game made me uneasy.

Need Bro power to get back on track!!!
I have something to get off my chest. On Montreal game day the only clean clothes I had left was a red shirt, and I didn't wear my Jets jersey. Whereas for the previous 3 games I did wear my Jets jersey (but not for the ottawa game)

But I will wear a blue shirt and my jersey tomorrow, so you can bank on a win.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
tbcwpg

Versteeg is still out, right? And Garrison is in Vancouver. Makes me feel a little better about the game. Hated the games in Florida last year though, always disappointments. A good win here will restore some confidence for TB. 2 out of 4 in Florida would be ok, 3 points out of 4 is even better, 4 is obviously perfect. Need the 2 points tomorrow if we think this team is a playoff team.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:25 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Versteeg is still out, right? And Garrison is in Vancouver. Makes me feel a little better about the game. Hated the games in Florida last year though, always disappointments. A good win here will restore some confidence for TB. 2 out of 4 in Florida would be ok, 3 points out of 4 is even better, 4 is obviously perfect. Need the 2 points tomorrow if we think this team is a playoff team.
I believe (but could be wrong) that Versteeg is back... not 100% sure...

Old
01-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
I heard Versteeg was back.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:27 PM
JetsFan815

Quote:
Versteeg played the game against Tampa so unless he got injured again in that game, he is back

Old
01-30-2013, 10:43 PM
Zippy316

Not sure where to post this, figured this is where the major talk would be.

How have Ponikarovski and Antropov looked? And if, the Jets fall out of the playoff race by the deadline, would they be traded and, if so, what would you be looking for in terms of pieces for one (or both)?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post

How have Ponikarovski and Antropov looked? And if, the Jets fall out of the playoff race by the deadline, would they be traded and, if so, what would you be looking for in terms of pieces for one (or both)?
I covet some of your D... Want to send a top4 young one

Haha but yes I really like both. They both cycle, board battle and forecheck well, and they fit our teams structure/coaching style very well.

I really hope we sign them both for 1-2 years this summer, and let Wellwood go, to form a 3rd line with hopefully a fully NHL ready +15lbs/powerskatingimproved Scheifele.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:

Both have done what we've expected of them. Both really consistent at this point in their careers. Probably a 2nd round pick for either one would be enough. Otherwise we'll probably just take our chances re-signing them.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I covet some of your D... Want to send a top4 young one

Haha but yes I really like both. They both cycle, board battle and forecheck well, and they fit our teams structure/coaching style very well.

I really hope we sign them both for 1-2 years this summer and let Wellwood go for hopefully a fully NHL ready +15lbs/powerskatingimproved Scheifele for our third line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Both have done what we've expected of them. Both really consistent at this point in their careers. Probably a 2nd round pick for either one would be enough. Otherwise we'll probably just take our chances re-signing them.
They would both be so perfect in our system. I was so pissed we let Poni go, he's so strong on the boards and plays a simple game that he fit in DeBoer's system so well.

One of the Devils best lines last year was Poni-Zubrus-Bernier, the puck possesion from those three was incredible. They shut down top lines like it was nobodies business by hemming them in their own zone.

Say, hypothetically, the Jets package those two together. The Devils have an abundance of NHL defenders. Fayne is probably our most valuable piece, along with Greene, but both are unlikely to be traded, very underrated pairing. Aside from Fayne, Larsson, and Harrold, the youngest is Greene at 30. Would something centered around Henrik Tallinder, prospect, and a pick suffice for the both of them? Would really strengthen our team.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:59 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Versteeg played the game against Tampa so unless he got injured again in that game, he is back
Haven't paid much attention to Florida, so colour me wrong. Less enthusiastic now. He's a Jet killer.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Haven't paid much attention to Florida, so colour me wrong. Less enthusiastic now. He's a Jet killer.
And a Devil killer.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:02 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
They would both be so perfect in our system. I was so pissed we let Poni go, he's so strong on the boards and plays a simple game that he fit in DeBoer's system so well.

One of the Devils best lines last year was Poni-Zubrus-Bernier, the puck possesion from those three was incredible. They shut down top lines like it was nobodies business by hemming them in their own zone.

Say, hypothetically, the Jets package those two together. The Devils have an abundance of NHL defenders. Fayne is probably our most valuable piece, along with Greene, but both are unlikely to be traded, very underrated pairing. Aside from Fayne, Larsson, and Harrold, the youngest is Greene at 30. Would something centered around Henrik Tallinder, prospect, and a pick suffice for the both of them? Would really strengthen our team.
I like Tallinder... he's like a mirror image of a slightly but not much better Hainsey (which means most people here might not like him )...
I'm not sure we would unless we're falling apart for a #1 pick but if we had to take a prospect I'd be thinking:
Gelinas or Urbon?

Old
01-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Daynz
What!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
PS - why do my pics insert as a thumbnail all the time? Am i missing something???!
Do you copy the image location and use the image link? I was "saving images as" and attaching them. It resulted in a thumbnail too. Now I just copy the image location and use the postcard tab to link it instead.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
I'm expecting a win here. The Cats are for some reason playing incredibly badly right now, and our guys should be coming out fired up after the sad effort up in Montreal.

So, 6-1 Florida, 1 goal by Kane and 6 goals by the Hains?

Old
01-30-2013, 11:44 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
We need a poll here to see who wants the Big Cubano in net!!!!

Old
01-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:

Tallinder is someone we would only want if we were in the hunt and had some D injuries. If we are out of it, we aren't going to trade old for old. We would most likely try to secure a prospect or picks.

01-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:

We really need a LD to play long term with Bogosian. Hainsey is alright atm but he's UFA and won't be back without taking a pay cut. Tallinder would pretty much be exactly like Hainsey if he's 80% of the player he was in Buffalo's heydays. I'd have to look into Tallinder's recent history a lot closer though. He's only signed one more year eh..

On top of that, NJ can't trade their 1st rounder because they don't have one...The 2nd would HAVE to be included in a deal for both. We could probably use a prospect at FWD or DEF...whatever you think the value difference would be. They are 2/3 of our third line. They'd make any teams depth better.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
We need a poll here to see who wants the Big Cubano in net!!!!
No way this is going to happen. Noel is going to try and get Pavelec hot again.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:58 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
No way this is going to happen. Noel is going to try and get Pavelec hot again.
why'd you have to crush my hopes Jet

Old
01-31-2013, 12:00 AM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Just finished my NHL 13 game, we win 4-1... Pavs is a rock.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I know how much you all look forward to my thoughts and predictions in the Pre game threads. But I think for this contest I'm going to try and play the element of surprise.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:09 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I know how much you all look forward to my thoughts and predictions in the Pre game threads. But I think for this contest I'm going to try and play the element of surprise.
I tried searching for a secret message but couldn't find it...

Hainsey 6 Goals

Old
01-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Oh I see what you did there Garret.

Fine, I'll post it. But only in Spoiler tags so those who wish to wait until the GDT can enjoy:

Spoil:

SIKE!

YOU STILL HAVE TO WAIT!

Old
01-31-2013, 12:11 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I know how much you all look foRward tO my thoughts aNd predictions in tHe Pre gAme threads. But I thiNk for thiS contEst I'm going to trY and play the element of surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I tried searching for a secret message but couldn't find it...

Hainsey 6 Goals
Found it!

Old
01-31-2013, 12:14 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Lol!!!

Closed Thread