HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Drouin-Deslauriers

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 09:38 AM
momentai

vCash: 500
Well, in my post in the prospects thread... I did say that JDD was picking it up right before he called up to the WJ camp for Canada. (Something like a GAA of around 2) That's got to be some good timing. Earlier in the season, JDD was pulled 3 times in 4 games... and I thought for sure that his backup was going to steal his starting job from him.

But it looks like Deslauriers has turned it around for the time being. Let's hope he continues to play this well.

Last edited by momentai: 12-15-2003 at 09:51 AM.
Old
12-15-2003, 09:42 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
So we are saying that Salo isn't as bad as it looks?

Like I said...there can be some things read into what is said about him, and as an example, Olaf Kolzig is on a terrible team with .886 Sv % and Felix Potvin is on a good team with an .886 Sv %. You can remark that both are having a poor season but Kolzig is facing the tougher shots.

But MA Fleury with a Sv % on PIT of .910 is having a stellar season playing on that team.

With JDD some of the same things I had seen pointed in the same direction. He wasn't the Fleury with average stats on a poor team, he had bad stats on a bad team.

I had read some of the same things about JDD and to be honest, I had to agree with some of it, because I have seen him play live at camp the last couple of years and come away impressed. But on the same token, you have to look at the numbers and even if the GGA is inflated some, the Sv % should be mid pack.

Again, I am not a detractor of JDD, just someone that questions his talents in relations to his numbers.
Jeff's sv% is .910, which puts him 12th overall in the Q.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:51 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Jeff's sv% is .910, which puts him 12th overall in the Q.
As of a month ago it wasn't anywhere near that good. My memory isn't that good but it was somewhere in the .890 or so.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:54 AM
dawgbone

The first about 10 games he was just under the .900 area, but since then has been above it.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:56 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
As of a month ago it wasn't anywhere near that good. My memory isn't that good but it was somewhere in the .890 or so.
His last 6-7 games in the Q have been stellar. He had 35 shots against Rimouski in his last game... 57 shots in a loss to Lewiston... etc. His last little run has boosted him up quite a bit.

But you're right. Earlier in the year, he was not playing particularly well.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:59 AM
Asiaoil

Here's the link to his stats:

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index...rt_by_mode=ASC

Looks like average stats on a bad team. I like the kid and he is SO freaky big. He may need more time in the minors than many expect before he is ready though. He has lots of technical stuff to work on and the oil better improve their goalie coaching to help him along.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:29 AM
Fayne Gretzky

Quick question: If He's Drouin-Deslauriers, then why is it just Deslauriers on his jersey? I know it's long, but if it's his name, then shouldn't they respect that?

Old
12-15-2003, 10:31 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers112
Quick question: If He's Drouin-Deslauriers, then why is it just Deslauriers on his jersey? I know it's long, but if it's his name, then shouldn't they respect that?
Maybe that is what he wants on his jersey

Old
12-15-2003, 10:45 AM
Big T

Quote:

Would it fit? I don't know. I usually don't like guys who have names elbow to elbow like that Langenbrunner punk from Dallas and now New Jersey.

Probably b/c of the number he's done on the Oilers in the playoffs.

Ohh that LANGENBRUNNER!!!!

T

Old
12-15-2003, 01:05 PM
t0mf00lery

Quote:

Yeah, I remember him mentioning after the Oilers drafted him that he only gets Deslauriers put on there because the whole thing wouldn't fit.

Closed Thread