HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
But what is BPA ?

Let's define it.

Because having size is clearly a quality, wich means this goes into the YAY column.

Let's say Erne becomes a 50 point player that fights, hits and has a great two-way game.
Then let's say Drouin becomes the next Patty Kane production-wise.(The good Kane.)
Wich one is BPA?
Drouin, still. We still only have one guy on this team with PPG potential after all. On the other hand I'd take Mackinnon or Lindholm over Drouin, because while they are only slightly taller, they definitely have bigger frames and the skill gap is subjective here anyway.

Does Erne even fight? I thought he was a Pacioretty clone.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Drouin, still. We still only have one guy on this team with PPG potential after all. On the other hand I'd take Mackinnon or Lindholm over Drouin, because while they are only slightly taller, they definitely have bigger frames and the skill gap is subjective here anyway.

Does Erne even fight? I thought he was a Pacioretty clone.
I was just making assumptions here, I don't think he ever fought.

Just replace the names with player A and B if you prefer.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

This guy could be a late round steal.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=143769

Massive size, soft hands and can throw 'em with anybody. His skating was terrible but in the last 18 months it is getting to average. Could see him as a high end bottom 6 guy who can fight, hit, chip in 15-20 and be a net PP presence.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Massive size, soft hands and can throw 'em with anybody. His skating was terrible but in the last 18 months it is getting to average. Could see him as a high end bottom 6 guy who can fight, hit, chip in 15-20 and be a net PP presence.
Point production seem's low.. Never really paid attention to him, I'll have to check !

Old
01-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Point production seem's low.. Never really paid attention to him, I'll have to check !
He's played 3rd or 4th line pretty much all year. Next year he'll get top 6 and top PP minutes.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Bobby Mac's scouts polled rankings has the big 6 as most see it (says there's Jones/Mac, then a gap, then Drouin/Barkov, then another gap), Risto 7th. Shinkaruk 8th. Zadorov 9th. Nichushkin 10th, with the hockey sense/vision questions being brought up.

Wennberg 11th.

Pulock 15th and Erne 16th. This is crazy to think about, you can make the playoffs and get a player who would be top 7 in other draft years.

Duclair not in the top 30.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 01-31-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old
01-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Mrb1p

Wennberg at 11?

I love what I saw from him but 11?
Is he the Collberg of 2013?

Like the list. Domi might be to high for me. Hagg to low..
Fasching seem's god damn low.
If we can get Carrier with one of our second, we would've won this draft.

Slepyshev is in the HM, any news on him? I still can't understand why no one took a flyer on him.

Last edited by Mrb1p: 01-30-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old
01-30-2013, 10:55 PM
That

Full list: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9840

Have to say, Domi has the best hands? I disagree.

I also find it hilarious how both Hartman and Rychel were tied for most competitive. That has to be intentional, they've fought each other twice now. At the top prospects game and then during the first Spits-Whalers meeting after that.

If we don't draft Hartman I'll be very disappointed. Not only is he a fantastic energy forward, but he's really, really skilled too.

Last edited by That: 01-30-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old
01-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Ideally with our 4 picks in the top 60 (and likely top 50) we can cover 4 key weaknesses:

#1: Get at least one quality LW prospect with top 2 line upside.

#2: Get at least one quality C prospect who projects as a top 2 line C.

#3: Get a quality player who brings size and physicality (could be covered in #1 or #2). Can be a forward or a D.

#4: Get one of the Fucale, Martin and Comrie group of Goalies.

I definitely think it's possible.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:57 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Ideally with our 4 picks in the top 60 (and likely top 50) we can cover 4 key weaknesses:

#3: Get a quality player who brings size and physicality (could be covered in #1 or #2). Can be a forward or a D.

Not sure about goalie need but if the organization wants one, I'd rather get Desrosiers in the third round (although he could rise further) rather than spend one of our first 4 picks on a goalie that is only very marginally more promising than Desrosiers.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:06 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Yeah, I'd be fine with Desrosiers or even Jarry in the 3rd too.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:12 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

I also find it hilarious how both Hartman and Rychel were tied for most competitive. That has to be intentional, they've fought each other twice now. At the top prospects game and then during the first Spits-Whalers meeting after that.

If we don't draft Hartman I'll be very disappointed. Not only is he a fantastic energy forward, but he's really, really skilled too.
Odds are he won't be on the board when we speak, or it will be too early. I love him too, and think he plays a lot like Dustin Brown. But there's no way we pick him at #15. 20+? Maybe. But I think a guy like Nastasiuk could be available later and could eventually provide the same game, although he might not be as fast as Hartman.

As far as the list goes, I'm really surprised Carrier has fell so low, considering he was keeping up with Mantha in scoring early this year on a much worse team.

Surprised by Wennberg. Surprised too by the amount of americans in the 2nd, but I haven't watched much U-18 USNTD this year.

Looks like Gauthier is not a well-kept secret anymore, as Grant noted earlier this month.

I don't know about Rychel in the first round.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 01-31-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old
01-31-2013, 12:24 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:

I would love two of Wennberg, Buchnevich, and Burakowsky. In that order.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:26 AM
Huffman

Not really surprised to see Wennberg at 11 at all. I think he'll crack the top 10 if he plays like this throughout the season, he's a "late" bloomer and rising quickly. Exactly a year ago he had never played on any national team and he was not exactly putting up great numbers in the Swedish U20 league, then he got a chance on the U18 team and scored two hat-tricks. After that he was one of the best players in the U18 WJC playing with Collberg. He made his debut in Allsvenskan this season and started out on the 4th line, now he's one of the best players on a very strong team.

His hockey sense and especially his skating stands out. He can also shoot the puck and is a very good stickhandler, there is really no weakness to his game but he will have to gain quite a lot of strength before he's NHL ready.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if Bergevin pushes for a gritty player that can play top 6 like Rychel or Hartman if we pick 15-20. 10-15 it would be hard to pass one somebody like Erne or Gauthier. Even a guy like Nurse if he slides, would be really hard to pass on as would be Zadorov. Both could be impact shutdown guys who can add 25-30 points.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:26 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Hartman in the 1st round? NO way in hell.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:53 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I'll be getting a look at several Minnesota USHS kids. I already recorded a game with Thomas Vannelli and I will be recording a game with Connor Hurley.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

In the ECHL maybe.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:26 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I would love two of Wennberg, Buchnevich, and Burakowsky. In that order.
Wennberg, Burakowsky and Carrier. Find a way to sneak Comrie has a G with upside in the 4th round. I'd be cool with that.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
In the ECHL maybe.
Do you have anything intelligent to add or just looking to post crap?

Old
01-31-2013, 11:33 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Wennberg, Burakowsky and Carrier. Find a way to sneak Comrie has a G with upside in the 4th round. I'd be cool with that.
*fapfapfap.jpg*

I hope Timmins is thinking offense this draft. Do you think Buchnevich might slip due to the fact that he's under contract in the K until 2015?

I pick the hell out of that guy in the 3rd. All day, Erry day.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Yeah, I'd be fine with Desrosiers or even Jarry in the 3rd too.
Jarry is seriously underrated. I'd easily put him in that list of Fucale, Comrie and Martin and he might end up being the best of the lot. He just doesn't get the chance to show his stuff being stuck behind Brossoit.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:39 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
*fapfapfap.jpg*

I hope Timmins is thinking offense this draft. Do you think Buchnevich might slip due to the fact that he's under contract in the K until 2015?

I pick the hell out of that guy in the 3rd. All day, Erry day.
He might slip. Then again Tampa Bay seem to have no problem picking Russians. I can see with Trunev not coming over and the virtually impossibly stupid handling of Avtsin that the Habs don't go near Russians much anymore.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
He might slip. Then again Tampa Bay seem to have no problem picking Russians. I can see with Trunev not coming over and the virtually impossibly stupid handling of Avtsin that the Habs don't go near Russians much anymore.
It's possible, although I both hope it's not the case, and believe it's not the case, otherwise, why would we hire a brand new Russian scout?

Old
01-31-2013, 11:46 AM
That

Quote:
Hartman in the 1st round? NO way in hell.
How much have you seen of Hartman in the OHL? He's outplayed Sens first rounder Stefan Noesen, he's outplayed Tom Wilson, and he's arguably outplayed Rickard Rakell (who made the Ducks out of camp) as well. Up until the Trocheck trade, he was probably the most consistent forward on the Whalers.

Hartman is a fantastic skater, has slick hands, and is a very crafty offensive player. For some reason people think he's strictly a checking forward, when that's not true at all. He's a offensive player, has a strong defensive game, and is already one of the best penalty killers in the OHL. He hits like a truck and is consistently physical.

He's a top 30 talent in this draft. Does that mean he will go there? No. His only question mark is size, and personally I think his combination of skill and tenacity more than make up for it.

Closed Thread