HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

douglas murray to ottawa

Old
01-31-2013, 12:32 AM
ThrowInA2ndRounder

vCash: 500
douglas murray to ottawa

what would the sens need to give up for murray?

ThrowInA2ndRounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:34 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowInA2ndRounder View Post
what would the sens need to give up for murray?
Ottawa 2nd and he's all yours.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:35 AM
MAK19

WHy

Mother of god why

No need whatsoever from Ottawa's POV

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:40 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

A pick is fine.

Please take him.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:03 AM
General Granny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Ottawa 2nd and he's all yours.
We dont have a 2nd.

Daugavins straight up. Speedy winger, plays in the bottom 6, PK, has some offensive touch, still only 23, high high character guy.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:13 AM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
We dont have a 2nd.

Daugavins straight up. Speedy winger, plays in the bottom 6, PK, has some offensive touch, still only 23, high high character guy.
Only issue is the Sharks already have a full forward roster and wouldn't be able to fit anyone new in without demoting/scratching someone who doesn't deserve to be. Though they're not scoring, the bottom 6 have been solid so far this season and have been generating chances.

Draft picks would be ideal, or package him with Wingels for an upgrade. Not that I want to trade Wingels because he's been steadily improving, but he's really the only movable piece in the bottom 6 right now. Burish was just signed, Gomez just brought in, Handzus has a NMC, Galiardi was just obtained at the last deadline, Sheppard was traded for and never got a chance yet, and Desjardins has more value to the Sharks than to other teams (practically zero trade value as a 4th line grinder).

The only reason I'd want to trade Murray is because I don't want him to play over Braun or Demers when everyone is healthy, but preferably I'd like him as our #7 with Irwin as an 8th. Defensive depth is a valuable thing to have and I'd rather not waste that kind of advantage if possible.

Last edited by ChubbChubby: 01-31-2013 at 01:18 AM.
ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:53 AM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
ohgodnogodno.gif

Do not want.

Not even for the dog.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:56 AM
HavlatMach9

Due to injuries, our 9th dman was the 6th one, we might need a 10th dman with our injury luck on the backend

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:56 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

yes, do want, no 2nd this year, will give our third.

seriously, one more injury and our defense will be binghamton+karlsson.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:07 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Did Murray fall out of favour with the Sharks? Wasnt he your #4 defenseman some year ago or something like that?

vippe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:10 AM
Leidi J

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Did Murray fall out of favour with the Sharks? Wasnt he your #4 defenseman some year ago or something like that?
it's not so much anything he's done aside from getting slower with age. it's more just that a bunch of our younger, faster defense prospects have come up and done well combined with the trades for brent burns and brad stuart the past few years.

we just have too many D.

Boyle, Vlasic, Burns, Stuart, Braun, Demers, Murray, Irwin is how i might rank them without giving it much thought. and Irwin is only ranked last because he's a rookie who's played four total games. Irwin has looked good so far though...

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:17 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI View Post
it's not so much anything he's done aside from getting slower with age. it's more just that a bunch of our younger, faster defense prospects have come up and done well combined with the trades for brent burns and brad stuart the past few years.

we just have too many D.

Boyle, Vlasic, Burns, Stuart, Braun, Demers, Murray, Irwin is how i might rank them without giving it much thought. and Irwin is only ranked last because he's a rookie who's played four total games. Irwin has looked good so far though...
True, the Sharks have very good depth. Shipping him for a pick seems like the best thing to do.. what is his contract status? 1 year left?

vippe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:18 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

I think most Sharks fans would accept being paid the gas money to drive him to the airport themselves.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:37 AM
Hertl Power

Quote:
Murray has always had his weaknesses and his strengths. When he got taken off of a pairing with Boyle he didn't look as good. Some fans were starting to put him in their doghouse and then he got his throat injury and did not play well at all after that. He had to wear a special pad to protect his neck and just didn't have the aggression to his game that he needs to be effective. He hasn't had the same fan support since then and add in the sharks depth if we could be healthy on the blue line and Murray being a ufa this offseason and a lot of people would like to trade him now to get value later (or a third liner to help our biggest weakness).

Hertl Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:44 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddenpsyche View Post
Murray has always had his weaknesses and his strengths. When he got taken off of a pairing with Boyle he didn't look as good. Some fans were starting to put him in their doghouse and then he got his throat injury and did not play well at all after that. He had to wear a special pad to protect his neck and just didn't have the aggression to his game that he needs to be effective. He hasn't had the same fan support since then and add in the sharks depth if we could be healthy on the blue line and Murray being a ufa this offseason and a lot of people would like to trade him now to get value later (or a third liner to help our biggest weakness).
Daugavins is a 3rd liner!

I mean... wait. You meant a GOOD 3rd liner, right? Damn.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:03 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
First, can't we just merge this with the exact same thread I made not that long ago?

Second, after hearing what Sharks fans have had to say about Murray, no chance in H-E-double hockey sticks I give up a 2nd in a weak draft, let alone a very deep one, for him (even if we had a 2nd). Maybe a 4th, thats about it.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:07 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Murray wouldn't fit in MacLean's system.

White Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:31 AM
DrewRemendasBaldHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
First, can't we just merge this with the exact same thread I made not that long ago?

Second, after hearing what Sharks fans have had to say about Murray, no chance in H-E-double hockey sticks I give up a 2nd in a weak draft, let alone a very deep one, for him (even if we had a 2nd). Maybe a 4th, thats about it.
I'd take a 4th. Sharks draft well in the later rounds, and Murray probably won't do that much for this team anymore.

DrewRemendasBaldHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:51 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post

There will be teams looking to contend that would overpay for the services of Murray. A physical, bottom-pairing defenseman who will be UFA by year's end is quite a commodity at the deadline.

I think we can hold out for a better pick.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:16 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewRemendasBaldHead View Post
I'd take a 4th. Sharks draft well in the later rounds, and Murray probably won't do that much for this team anymore.
I wouldn't. Draft picks are very overrated on HF. I'd rather have Murray for depth than trade him for a draft pick that most likely won't amount to anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
There will be teams looking to contend that would overpay for the services of Murray. A physical, bottom-pairing defenseman who will be UFA by year's end is quite a commodity at the deadline.

I think we can hold out for a better pick.
I don't see DW trading Murray at the deadline for a pick. You don't trade players for picks when you're contending, especially in a shortened season when depth is extremely important.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:25 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Yes, he was on our top pair with Boyle just a couple yrs ago but he's since declined physically. His skating has gotten worse and teams have learned better ways to play against him and take advantage of his poor skating. He's still a smart player, good teammate, but we have better options now. Pair him with a puck-mover and he could be useful.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:57 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
That speaks more of the Sharks' lack of depth than Murray's skill.
09-10 He was competing with an aging/injured Blake, Huskins, Joslin, and a rookie Demers.
10-11 He was competing with Huskins, Wallin, Joslin, and a still raw Demers.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:12 PM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Murray is still very popular in San Jose among lots of fans, loving his legendary open ice hits and toughness. Most fans don' t give up hopes on him after just 1/2 poor season with injuries.

Right now he is trying to play a bit more polished, disciplined game under the influence and leadership from Larry Robinson. We are not used seeing Murray in this role, personally I like the old Murray better.

The open ice hits from Murray may very well be the meanest and hardest in NHL history, he won't be forgotten.

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:07 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I wouldn't. Draft picks are very overrated on HF. I'd rather have Murray for depth than trade him for a draft pick that most likely won't amount to anything.
This is correct.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote