HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Failures home and home goat sacrifice

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2003, 07:20 PM
BigBully4

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigBully4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBully4
Don't you just love my new avatar?

Will I be banned for this?

Devils end the Flyers' home winning streak tonight. 2-0.
I love being right.

But seriously, where are all you Flyer fans that were here two nights ago telling us this was going to be four points for your guys? Typical.

Say what you want. Madden out. Langenbrunner out. Stevenson out. White returning from injury. Rasmussen out for Game Two. Rookies like Bicek, Hale, and Martin. An undefeated home streak. Skrlac playing barely half a minute. EVERYTHING pointed to two easy Flyer victories, right guys? EVERYTHING was going for the Flyers this weekend, and they still could not defeat the "Debbies," as some of the wittier fans like to call them. Well, us "Debbies" made you our little ***** snack cakes this weekend, and it all comes down to the same tired problem with the Flyers: goaltending. Face facts, Hackett is not the answer. One bad goal again tonight costs you the game.

Over 70 shots. THREE goals. We throw 30 and get 5 without our offensive "stars", and going against one of the best defenses in the league. And our pitiful PP struck twice against one of the league's best PK squads. Damn.

Anything else? How many points did the Roenick, Amonte, Recchi line score? How about LeClair? Does he even play for Philly anymore?

What a joke. Where are you guys when I need you most?

Old
12-13-2003, 07:22 PM
BigBully4

Send a message via AIM to BigBully4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Dude ya got any good feeling's on the football games tommorow???
Yeah, Giants lose, Jets win. Moss scores two TDs and has over 100 yards receiving.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
I love being right.

But seriously, where are all you Flyer fans that were here two nights ago telling us this was going to be four points for your guys? Typical.

Say what you want. Madden out. Langenbrunner out. Stevenson out. White returning from injury. Rasmussen out for Game Two. Rookies like Bicek, Hale, and Martin. An undefeated home streak. Skrlac playing barely half a minute. EVERYTHING pointed to two easy Flyer victories, right guys? EVERYTHING was going for the Flyers this weekend, and they still could not defeat the "Debbies," as some of the wittier fans like to call them. Well, us "Debbies" made you our little ***** snack cakes this weekend, and it all comes down to the same tired problem with the Flyers: goaltending. Face facts, Hackett is not the answer. One bad goal again tonight costs you the game.

Over 70 shots. THREE goals. We throw 30 and get 5 without our offensive "stars", and going against one of the best defenses in the league. And our pitiful PP struck twice against one of the league's best PK squads. Damn.

Anything else? How many points did the Roenick, Amonte, Recchi line score? How about LeClair? Does he even play for Philly anymore?

What a joke. Where are you guys when I need you most?
I didn't even notice or hear Recchi's name during the whole game, he did play right? LeClair ain't the player he use to be that's no secret.

Old
12-13-2003, 08:04 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

It's so quiet here tonight.

No Brodeur sucks.
Brodeur can't win when facing over 20 shots.
Brodeur is a product of the system.

Brodeur.

Old
12-13-2003, 09:21 PM
M V Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
This weekend is going to lessen my concern about the Devils. I see a split at the least or a win for both games. It's our to lose. Simple as that.

INSERT FOOT INTO MOUTH

FLYERS SUCK!!!!!!

Old
12-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Vanya

Quote:
Well, us "Debbies" made you our little ***** snack cakes this weekend
i just spit out my beverage on the computer screen.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:28 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Devils. Only team that hans't lost a game against their division opponents.

Old
12-14-2003, 12:46 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie
First team to pwn those Flyers at home.

I'm surprised it has been so quiet in here.

First game = 10 pages
Second game = 2 pages

What? No trash talking?

Old
12-14-2003, 01:10 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

Interesting note from h**p://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1071385828128020.xml

Brodeur saw to that, snuffing out everything the Flyers threw at him. Perhaps his toughest save came with 7:14 left in the third period, when he kicked out Justin Williams' right-wing shot, then dove across the goal line to stop Jon Pitkanen's rebound attempt.

"It went right to (Pitkanen). I just went face-first, because somebody was holding me," Brodeur said. "Right away, (referee Kerry) Fraser came up to me and said, 'That would have been no goal.' But if you trust him or not, it's another thing. You go across anyway. I was diving and it hit my pad."

Old
12-14-2003, 08:11 AM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie
Really? Sweet! Now more than ever...DEVILS RULE!

Martin Brodeur IS so The Man, I can't believe there aren't stupid college students protesting him outside of arenas when he plays, demanding that "He not hold them down." 7 shutouts this season, 71 all time, oh yeah.

Old
12-14-2003, 10:08 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Where is this new sherriff in town I keep hearing about? I cant seem to find him.

Also there was something about the Devils reign of terror coming to an end not long ago? Was that supposed to mean the capture of Saddham Hussein and not the transfer of power in the Atlantic?

Old
12-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
Where is this new sherriff in town I keep hearing about? I cant seem to find him.

Also there was something about the Devils reign of terror coming to an end not long ago? Was that supposed to mean the capture of Saddham Hussein and not the transfer of power in the Atlantic?
He's a she and from a philly thread I just read she sounds like she's too upset to come over here. She's taking it real bad.

Old
12-14-2003, 11:36 AM
David Puddy

Hey flyer fans, while watching Martin Brodeur shutout broadstreet babies, they show a commercial for the Devils celebrating their Stanley Cup Championship. They show the Devils trip to the White House to meet President Bush, and they also got to visit President Clinton twice. That made me think. The failures haven't won a Stanley Cup since Gerald Ford was president.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Don't mess with the Devils, buddy. We're number one, we beat anybody! We're the Devils! The Devils!!

Old
12-14-2003, 11:58 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
He's a she and from a philly thread I just read she sounds like she's too upset to come over here. She's taking it real bad.
Yeah I remember her posts over at NJDevs.com saying this year would be different with great bravado same as she did here. The new sheriff in town or "he" part of this was supposed to be the Flyers. We had Jeff Hackett's number all last season irregardless of whether it was with him behind the Canadiens D or the Bruins D.

Old
12-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Did anyone notice that Jason's avitar is gone to blank, I guess they didn't like it to much, I thought it was funny as hell. Man I hope he didn't get banned again.

Old
12-14-2003, 01:27 PM
Tao Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Tie DOMI
At the end of the game I heard Chico mention Berglund has a hip injury, so he wasn't a healthy scratch.
Thanks for the update. Velishek said he was "in Burns' Chateau Bow Wow."

Old
12-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones
Thanks for the update. Velishek said he was "in Burns' Chateau Bow Wow."
That would be Eric Lindros in Sather's doghouse!

Old
12-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Teezax

Sorry for the lateness of my reply fellas, i'll give it to you, the better GOALER won, but hey, no sour grapes here. t's the division lead that coutns right now, and we still have it by 4 points, here's hoping you lose against someone else. I can't imagine a playoff round between us 2 squads, imagine adding 4 more games to the three we've already watched this season...it would be great to see, even greater if the Flyers came out on top. And as I posted in another thread, i hate Marty as a Devil, but love him as a starter for team Canada. I'm sort of forced to hate him, you know how it is.

Good games guys.

But the Devils are still boring

Old
12-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Sorry for the lateness of my reply fellas, i'll give it to you, the better GOALER won, but hey, no sour grapes here. t's the division lead that coutns right now, and we still have it by 4 points, here's hoping you lose against someone else. I can't imagine a playoff round between us 2 squads, imagine adding 4 more games to the three we've already watched this season...it would be great to see, even greater if the Flyers came out on top. And as I posted in another thread, i hate Marty as a Devil, but love him as a starter for team Canada. I'm sort of forced to hate him, you know how it is.

Good games guys.

But the Devils are still boring
Can't blame you for not liking them. I bet I hate the Flyers more than you hate the Devils.

Old
12-15-2003, 11:54 AM
4check22

Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionHockey
Can't blame you for not liking them. I bet I hate the Flyers more than you hate the Devils.
I bet my dad can beat up your dad.

Old
12-15-2003, 01:12 PM
I Hate Tie DOMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4check22
I bet my dad can beat up your dad.

Closed Thread