HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Canucks - The Sacco Is Awesome Edition

Old
01-30-2013, 11:52 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
If literally every single one of us expected this result, why are we so mad at this result?

Canucks are a much better team when both rosters are healthy, nevermind the lineup we iced tonight.
Im actually ok with losing if the team layed hard, left everything on the ice, went out on their shiled. What I cant stand is a lifeless disinterested team whose scared of their own shadow. This team has no balls. When the opposition pushes back even a little bit they cower in fear. Gap control? none. simple passes? cant. scoring goals? never. I aint mad at Matt he was trying his damnest to change the result I can respect that but guys like Jones, McGinn, and to a lesser extent Stastny tonight just dont seem to care all too much whether we win or lose.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:52 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Jones and Mitchell were brutal today. They couldn't pass and receive the puck. What is Stastny supposed to do? He's not the kind of guy that can produce on his own. He tried to shoot and go for rebounds but he needs players that can give and go. I think Landeskog would be a great fit for Stastny.
That's what I was seeing as well. Not much Stastny can do when his wingers refuse to get into a scoring position but instead either stick to the far boards or behind the net.

Ideally, Avs manage to get a good potential top pairing guy to play with EJ, and just play the younger guys as much as possible. Winning seems impossible with Sacco.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Odds Sherman does something big soon? I'd say high
Signing O'Reilly doesn't count. That's called doing your friggin job

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:54 PM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Seriously now.

Can we really keeping waiting on the Stastny trade? He is dropping in trade value by every game. I know we must have O'Reilly signed before we really can do anything but if we want at least a half decent return for Stastny we have to act now.
I rather see what a different coach can do with this team and especially with players like Stastny before I hope for trades.

klozge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
It's not the result itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Im actually ok with losing if the team layed hard, left everything on the ice, went out on their shiled. What I cant stand is a lifeless disinterested team whose scared of their own shadow. This team has no balls. When the opposition pushes back even a little bit they cower in fear. Gap control? none. simple passes? cant. scoring goals? never. I aint mad at Matt he was trying his damnest to change the result I can respect that but guys like Jones, McGinn, and to a lesser extent Stastny tonight just dont seem to care all too much whether we win or lose.
I agree we played like ****, but I'm not in season's over mode yet. We won't make the playoffs, but I don't think we'll be drafting Mackinnon either.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 140
I spent the 3rd period making my new avatar instead of watching the game.

I consider it time well spent.

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Colorado Sports Fan

Sacco looks uncomfortable during this post game.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:59 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Elaborate please

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:01 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

He just looked fidgety. Said they were too cute, need to shoot more.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:03 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Details please

Old
01-31-2013, 12:03 AM
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Details please
I heard He just looked fidgety. Said they were too cute, need to shoot more.

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:04 AM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRat View Post
I heard He just looked fidgety. Said they were too cute, need to shoot more.

I wonder which player he thinks is the cutest.

Avs71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:05 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
He just looked fidgety. Said they were too cute, need to shoot more.
wHAT A FREAKIN MORON. Didnt we outshoot both Edmonton and Vancouver? Yah shooting is the problem. How about we start with puttinf Matt on the point you dumb ****

Old
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

vCash: 50
seth jones baby!

skip2mybordeleau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Kiszla is pissed. Take a look at his twitter page. Just some of his tweets tonight......

Quote:
Avs worst scoring team in NHL. Told leading scorer to rot in purgatory. Would like to hear from hockey "experts" who blasted me 2 wks ago.

When I wrote before season that no O'Reilly was sign Avs didn't really care about fan, there were fans who cursed me for not knowing hockey.

I was way ahead of curve on this Ryan O'Reilly disaster. Glad to see my pal @adater piping up, so hockey dunderheads can come to senses.

So @denversportsfan sez: Avs should not cave. I say: That's exactly type of foolish talk that allow good hockey market to suffer.

So @Shotgunstohalos sez: Watch hockey before you tweet about it. I say: When your top $ player is career underachiever that's real problem.

I like Kroenke family as owners. Really do. But it's time admit Avs have been a badly mismanged franchise for at least 5 years.

I get it that folks are irritated with Joe Sacco. But why is he here? Cuz front office prefers a puppet behind the bench.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:06 AM
Elever
Hth

Matt Duchene called out his Swedish team and I can't imagine his Swedish team looking as bad as this so maybe he should speak up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Seriously now.

Can we really keeping waiting on the Stastny trade? He is dropping in trade value by every game. I know we must have O'Reilly signed before we really can do anything but if we want at least a half decent return for Stastny we have to act now.
Trade him for a top 4 dman and draft MacKinnon instead of Jones if possible or another fwd. I would prefer not to draft Jones with a 1st or 2nd pick, just don't have confidence in Dmen with a high pick. Would take him another 2-4 yrs to develop anyways, might be the safer option to get an already top 4 NHL dman and have MacKinnon to give us some offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
What has Sacco done to warrant a coaching job in the NHL?
He once almost led an AHL team to a playoff spot.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:06 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

someone please tell me why im still a fan of this team? They are hands down the most secretive and most oddly run organization that honestly dont give a **** about their fans. Wish i wasnt so attached to the team I would just cheer for the flames.....

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:07 AM
The Kingslayer

Damn. I agree with that fool Kizla. Even a broken clock is right twice a day I guess

Old
01-31-2013, 12:07 AM
chet1926

Super frustrating to watch this team just spin their wheels and not go any where. I mean seriously Vancouver is not 18 game unbeaten streak vs the Avs better than us. When is this team ever going to man up and start winning some hockey games against teams in the NW? They just must love grabbing their ankles and telling other NW teams have at it.

I know we are not this bad at hockey. I'm also realistic in saying we're not that good either. But we are not 1 goal for in the past 3 games bad. It just feels like everyone is snake-bitten, every time we actually make a good play (I know they are few and far between) it seems like at the last second the puck rolls off someones stick or we hit the post or the goalie makes a ridiculous save. I'm going to reiterate that we are not this bad.

Thoughts on the game:

First time all year that I think Varly had a poor game, lots of really good saves but the first two goals against were really weak especially the first one when we were actually playing pretty good hockey. Varly has to make that save it just wasn't that good of a shot and it was basically from the blueline. That killed any momentum that we had.

Duchene is getting frustrated, I'm starting to sense he is now getting to I have to carry this team mode where he starts to do to much. i can't really blame him he's really the only one making any chances what so ever the past 3 games.

Stastny is like a black hole right now. He couldn't do something right if it hit him in the face.

McFat and PAP were god awful tonight

Jones is probably the most worthless top 6 player in the NHL

Olver was great today, hustling being a pest, creating chances solid effort

Sgarbossa looked like he belonged, had a couple good plays/shots, was a liability defensively (really only saw one play were he was out of position), solid effort

Love McCleod, but he just isn't that good, ideally he'd be playing 4th line fighter on a good team

Borderleau has no purpose what so ever, I'm sorry he is terrible, I'd much prefer to give Malone minutes over him. We have McCleod, we can easily get by with him as an enforcer and only put Borderleau in games that we want extra backup

Mitchell was ok, but he is starting to prove to be what I'd thought he'd be which is a solid 3rd liner nothing more nothing less.

I'm not going to go in depth about defense, I saw nothing completely terrible nor did I see much good either. Though I will say this is the defense I'd probably go with as it looked much better than the SJS and EDM games where it was just pathetic.

PK was slightly better, still not great.

PP is probably the worst thing I've ever seen, do the players understand that A. they have an extra player which is supposed to be an advantage and B. they have to shoot the puck to even have a remote chance of scoring...obviously not.

Finally last thought, I've been very lenient with Sacco, but this is getting out of control, he obviously can't get this team motivated. We play like garbage on most nights, we can't beat anyone in our division, we never make an adjustment during a game. Sacco continually makes boneheaded decisions like tonight putting Borderleau out at the end of a PP that has like 15 seconds left so he can take a stupid penalty. Yet refusing to give Sgarbossa, an offensively gifted player, very minimal to no PP time. Its mind blowing how many terrible decision this guy makes on a nightly basis.

Oh yeah and how many of you now think we have a problem scoring? I do, and like I've been saying all along its a bigger issue than our defense. Not saying defense isn't a problem as there are holes there, but the biggest issue with this team is the inability to put pucks in the net on a consistent basis. Its time to find some scorers.

chet1926 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:08 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Kiszla is pissed. Take a look at his twitter page. Just some of his tweets tonight......

Kiszla is trash.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
someone please tell me why im still a fan of this team? They are hands down the most secretive and most oddly run organization that honestly dont give a **** about their fans. Wish i wasnt so attached to the team I would just cheer for the flames.....
Im changing teams. Go Hawks!!!!

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
Kiszla is trash.
This

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
forsbergavs32

vCash: 425
Quote:
Generally Mark Kiszla is a moron. But he makes some good points there, especially about the Avs being mismanaged the last few years.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:09 AM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Matt Duchene called out his Swedish team and I can't imagine his Swedish team looking as bad as this so maybe he should speak up.

He once almost led an AHL team to a playoff spot.

And agree about Duchene.

Everyone needs to at least admit that the Avs played good until they got scored on though. They looked good to start.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:09 AM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
Quote:
I said what kiszla is *****ing about 2 years ago. He's late to the hating scratcho and sherm the worm party.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote