HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
I don't see us needing to nab another dman, at least not until you can consistently blame one of our D men for us playing poorly and up until now that isn't the case. No need to fix a part of our team that is doing well enough.

On the Loktionov thing I didn't see him as a poor mans Datsyuk but do think he could be a nice solid add to a young building team. He would be close to exactly what TO needs but the Islanders could use him too. He is a solid young player and I would bet that he gets a pick and sooner rather than later.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Tangradi is looking like a disappointment for the Pens. Don't think he'd have any position to compete for on the Kings and would be destined for Manchester.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Fat Elvis

I kind of see Tangradi and King as similar players. Not sure I see a spot for ET on this roster yet

Old
01-30-2013, 03:40 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Maybe not. I just think Tangradi could play centre effectively (I believe he played centre if junior IIRC) and him on a line with Nolan and King could be downright lethal.

And as I said earlier, I'd do the swap just to replace Richardson in the line up. I'd rather have Tangradi as a healthy scratch and waive Richardson, though maybe we could get a pick for him.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
bobafettish*

maybe the kings should play him to up his value a bit.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:28 PM
CandianKingsFan14

Lokti and Carolina's 4th rounder back for McBain and Brody Sutter??

Old
01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Lokti wont be traded to Pit because he'll just ask for a trade from there too. They already got Crosby, Malkin and Sutter. And I don't see him as their 4th line center.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:43 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I

On the Loktionov thing I didn't see him as a poor mans Datsyuk but do think he could be a nice solid add to a young building team. He would be close to exactly what TO needs but the Islanders could use him too. He is a solid young player and I would bet that he gets a pick and sooner rather than later.
Not really.

Isles current top six is 5'11- 6'1. Not much size or grit.

Moulson-Tavares-KO
Grabner-Nielsen-Boyes/Bailey.

Staples gave a preseason chat and says the isles love 6'3 Brock Nelson. With centers Nelson and Strome expected to push for spots in next season's training camp, I can't see the isles adding a smallish center, who needs top 6 icetime.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:58 PM
johnjm22

Does anyone else think Dean should explore Dwight King's trade value?

A lot of teams out there would love to have a young, cheap, big bodied forward that was a starter for the SC champions and chipped in some big goals.

I only say this because I think his performance last year was a bit of an aberration. IMO, he's not good enough offensively for a top 6 role, and doesn't bring enough physicality/energy or defensive skill to the bottom 6. I don't think there's anything he does that Penner/Richardson/Vey couldn't do, and I think his trade value could be surprisingly high.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

A lot of teams out there would love to have a young, cheap, big bodied forward that was a starter for the SC champions and chipped in some big goals.

I only say this because I think his performance last year was a bit of an aberration. IMO, he's not good enough offensively for a top 6 role, and doesn't bring enough physicality/energy or defensive skill to the bottom 6. I don't think there's anything he does that Penner/Richardson/Vey couldn't do, and I think his trade value could be surprisingly high.
I guess it depends on what the return is and if it makes the Kings a better team. But seeing how he can dominate along the boards and can work the front of the net, I think the Kings would miss his presence. Remember how terrible the third line was before King was put on there? They couldn't be counted on to provide supplementary scoring before King was put with Stoll and Lewis.

There are quite a few names I'd move before Dwight King. He doesn't do anything special that makes him stand out, but when you take him out of the lineup, I think it's going to be noticeable. Who knows though, I think Tanner Pearson has a real shot to make the Kings within the next two seasons, replacing Penner on the 2nd line.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
We should do Lotki + (insert pick) to get a first rounder

Old
01-30-2013, 11:12 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I guess it depends on what the return is and if it makes the Kings a better team. But seeing how he can dominate along the boards and can work the front of the net, I think the Kings would miss his presence. Remember how terrible the third line was before King was put on there? They couldn't be counted on to provide supplementary scoring before King was put with Stoll and Lewis.

There are quite a few names I'd move before Dwight King. He doesn't do anything special that makes him stand out, but when you take him out of the lineup, I think it's going to be noticeable. Who knows though, I think Tanner Pearson has a real shot to make the Kings within the next two seasons, replacing Penner on the 2nd line.
If Clifford continues his development and Pearson comes along as expected in a few years we could see....

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Pearson-Richards-Carter
Clifford-Vey-Lewis
(whatever tough guy LW we have in the future)-Andreoff-Nolan

Old
01-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
If Clifford continues his development and Pearson comes along as expected in a few years we could see....

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Pearson-Richards-Carter
Clifford-Vey-Lewis
(whatever tough guy LW we have in the future)-Andreoff-Nolan
That's a pretty good looking lineup if the kids pan out. Would be great to have a finisher on Kopitar's wing and to have a winger who can make plays on a line with Richards and Carter.

I think a couple of college kids could compete for a roster spot in the next few years, Michael Mersch and Nick Shore in particular. But that projected lineup is probably feasible in two to three years.

Going to be interesting to see if they go for internal or external replacements when Penner and Gagne are done.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That's a pretty good looking lineup if the kids pan out. Would be great to have a finisher on Kopitar's wing and to have a winger who can make plays on a line with Richards and Carter.

I think a couple of college kids could compete for a roster spot in the next few years, Michael Mersch and Nick Shore in particular. But that projected lineup is probably feasible in two to three years.

Going to be interesting to see if they go for internal or external replacements when Penner and Gagne are done.
I think we see Toffoli make the jump next season and Pearson a year or two after that.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:48 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I think we see Toffoli make the jump next season
But where would he fit in? Williams still has another year on his contract.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:49 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
maybe the kings should play him to up his value a bit.
They didn't play Richardson vs Colorado, so when else would they play him?

Old
01-31-2013, 12:00 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
The guy can't play because our fourth line gets worse when he does. In any case, his value is like every other normal healthy scratch type player, waiver wire fodder that gets passed around the league. It's just a matter of time before he hits the waiver wire this year.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:13 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Hopefully Loktionov finds a home somewhere. I'd say I hope he ends up with the Rangers, but with Kreider and Callahan eventually retuning from injury and with recent acquisition Benn Ferriero playing very well for them in his role, I don't think he'll end up in NY.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:50 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Amnesty Williams!

Old
01-31-2013, 01:00 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Brown Kopitar Williams
Carter Richards Toffoli

Old
01-31-2013, 01:28 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Amnesty Williams!
i seem to recall williams played a bit of lw on hurricanes so maybe a flyer line
brown kopitar toffoli
williams ricards carter

Old
01-31-2013, 02:06 AM
Surturus

Shame Justin Azevedo is just too small for NHL. Like this player and his play style in our finnish SM-Liiga this season 42gp and 40p.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:13 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Man that looks like a sexy line up. Hopefully we can get Toffoli to play this season a few games, vey also. Looks like a nice looking... Dare I say it.. Dynasty... Ahah.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:31 AM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Yeah, Sopel was more than servicable on a roster made to lose... He certainly isn't the worst option. Are there better ones? Sure. But if Sopel can bring the same game as his first stop here I wouldn't complain.
In 2009-2010 the Hawks had 112 points when he was 3rd behind only Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook in shorthanded Ice-Time in 70+ regular season games. They won the Stanley Cup.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:36 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

Considering he's playing and Penner/Richardson are getting scratched, I think DS would debate this with you.

Closed Thread