HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Please help.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 12:27 AM
  #1
Vatican Roulette
Detroit Fan
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 10 days to Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,940
vCash: 500
Please help.

I've been on this site since like 2000ish? It's been so long, I don't remember when I joined. Basically since I got the internet I've been on this site, but they had those old school threads that looked like the threads that kept going sideways, does that make sense?. In the past, I used to get reports from a relative who scouted the CHL, but he doesn't do it anymore, and before that, I just followed whatever THN had in reports as far as prospects go.

So what I ask of this board, and the only thing I ask of this board, is please...

Continue to follow prospects, keep updated stats from the European leagues that I can't see.

And also, the CHL, which I used to be able to see, yet I can't anymore.

All I get is the Las Vegas Wranglers...ECHL I know, so if the Walleye come by, I might get to see a couple guys but that's about it.

So all I really wanna ask...Just keep up the good convo, I need it.

Thanks for everything.

-Steve(vgstattoo)

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:10 AM
  #2
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
You've been on since February 2002.

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:22 AM
  #3
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
You've been on since February 2002.
Wasn't there some sort of forum reboot in 2002?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:28 AM
  #4
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Fugu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 28,027
vCash: 500
Some incarnation of HFB goes back to about 1997 or 1998.

The people with Feb 2002 join dates were actually all members previously, but had to rejoin when the site migrated to a vBulletin platform.

So he's one of the old, old, old timers.

Fugu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:32 AM
  #5
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 13,373
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
I've been on this site since like 2000ish? It's been so long, I don't remember when I joined. Basically since I got the internet I've been on this site, but they had those old school threads that looked like the threads that kept going sideways, does that make sense?. In the past, I used to get reports from a relative who scouted the CHL, but he doesn't do it anymore, and before that, I just followed whatever THN had in reports as far as prospects go.

So what I ask of this board, and the only thing I ask of this board, is please...

Continue to follow prospects, keep updated stats from the European leagues that I can't see.

And also, the CHL, which I used to be able to see, yet I can't anymore.

All I get is the Las Vegas Wranglers...ECHL I know, so if the Walleye come by, I might get to see a couple guys but that's about it.

So all I really wanna ask...Just keep up the good convo, I need it.

Thanks for everything.

-Steve(vgstattoo)
I remember the old threads and how whole conversations would just be subject lines with n/t at the end.

Good luck in Vegas, enjoy the lights, and start petitioning Bettman for an NHL club. I heard there might be one available in Phoenix...

__________________
blah, blah, blah
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
  #6
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
I remember when threads used to cost a nickel.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:08 PM
  #7
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Fugu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 28,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I remember the old threads and how whole conversations would just be subject lines with n/t at the end.

Good luck in Vegas, enjoy the lights, and start petitioning Bettman for an NHL club. I heard there might be one available in Phoenix...

Another Feb2002 member.

Fugu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:45 PM
  #8
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Old timers...how dare you!

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:06 PM
  #9
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Fugu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 28,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Old timers...how dare you!

You guys lurk more than you post these days, dontcha? Someone's gotta help me keep these kids in line.

Fugu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:10 PM
  #10
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster
 
Motown Beatdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
You guys lurk more than you post these days, dontcha? Someone's gotta help me keep these kids in line.
Damn whippersnappers

Motown Beatdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:12 PM
  #11
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster
 
Motown Beatdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I remember the old threads and how whole conversations would just be subject lines with n/t at the end.

Good luck in Vegas, enjoy the lights, and start petitioning Bettman for an NHL club. I heard there might be one available in Phoenix...

the good ole days, took a little time to re-join after the Vbulletin update....to fancy for me

Motown Beatdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
  #12
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 13,373
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Beatdown View Post
the good ole days, took a little time to re-join after the Vbulletin update....to fancy for me
I lurked more before it switched, while posting more at the Wings official board and RWC. I remember there being a HUGE Edmonton and Calgary contingent on the original board, and while I enjoyed reading up on their systems, I didn't know them well enough to take part.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.