HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 02:00 AM
  #1
Zombotron
The Pretzels
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy








Last edited by Zombotron: 01-31-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Zombotron is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:02 AM
  #2
keslerbomb
Registered User
 
keslerbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
They pretty much have to start Luongo if hes coming off a shutout right?

keslerbomb is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:03 AM
  #3
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,898
vCash: 1752
#hikeith

Bgav is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:05 AM
  #4
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
keith must pay

Pseudonymous is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:06 AM
  #5
bbud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Crunch Keith its all that matters

bbud is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:14 AM
  #6
BrandonL
Registered User
 
BrandonL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
What do you guys think is the best approach to get retribution on Keith?

Personally, I would like to see someone go right after him the first time he steps foot on the ice. Who cares about an instigator penalty early in the game, I'm sure that's two minutes the team would gladly kill off.

I would love for Kassian to be the one to send the message and treat Keith just like he did Eager. One, it would be immensely satisfying to watch. Second, and arguably most important, it would serve notice to the rest of the league that you won't get away with cheap shots on the Sedins anymore.

BrandonL is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:16 AM
  #7
NugentHopkinsfan
Registered User
 
NugentHopkinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,959
vCash: 500
I have heard it from a very good source that Burrows and Keith agreed to take off their helmets and fight. They talked at the world hockey championship. Best way to resolve the situation, fair fight, and so on.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:16 AM
  #8
NonBruinHatingCanuck
Registered User
 
NonBruinHatingCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
What do you guys think is the best approach to get retribution on Keith?

Personally, I would like to see someone go right after him the first time he steps foot on the ice. Who cares about an instigator penalty early in the game, I'm sure that's two minutes the team would gladly kill off.

I would love for Kassian to be the one to send the message and treat Keith just like he did Eager. One, it would be immensely satisfying to watch. Second, and arguably most important, it would serve notice to the rest of the league that you won't get away with cheap shots on the Sedins anymore.
or Bieksa would be a nice touch too

It has to happen!

Or maybe Daniel himself goes after him ?

NonBruinHatingCanuck is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:17 AM
  #9
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,642
vCash: 500
It's Schneiders game. Gotta keep him fresh.

I would wish pain on Keith, but last time I got I did I infracted

Anyways, I'm super stoked for this. Should be an electric atmosphere.

keslerburrows is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:18 AM
  #10
BrandonL
Registered User
 
BrandonL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
I have heard it from a very good source that Burrows and Keith agreed to take off their helmets and fight. They talked at the world hockey championship. Best way to resolve the situation, fair fight, and so on.
This wouldn't even come close to quenching my desire to see Keith pay.

Let him resolve the situation against someone who can actually fight, like Bieksa or Kassian. Why give him the easy way out?

BrandonL is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:18 AM
  #11
Burrows19
Registered User
 
Burrows19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 504
vCash: 1883
This has gotta be Schneids game

Burrows19 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:19 AM
  #12
BrandonL
Registered User
 
BrandonL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrows19 View Post
This has gotta be Schneids game
+1

He's the #1 goalie, these are the type of games that he needs to play. I'm sure he will rise to the occasion.

BrandonL is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:20 AM
  #13
Huntershin Karuk
Bo Knows
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,042
vCash: 500




Payback time.

Huntershin Karuk is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:26 AM
  #14
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
I have heard it from a very good source that Burrows and Keith agreed to take off their helmets and fight. They talked at the world hockey championship. Best way to resolve the situation, fair fight, and so on.
Oh god.

Yeah give him even more confidence, not only do you get to cheapshot our players and nearly end their career, you get to look good in a fight against a non fighter.

Nobody likes looking tougher than they are in a fight

If you dont win the fight (and not just a slight edge), it does absolutely nothing. Canucks have already proved they'll attempt to stand up for their guys, thats never been questioned.

Pseudonymous is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:34 AM
  #15
Zombotron
The Pretzels
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
I woke up from a dream in which the Canucks traded for Troy Brouwer. I don't think any Cup-winning Blackhawks have made it over here, and it'd be weird if that were to happen any time soon.

Zombotron is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:35 AM
  #16
NugentHopkinsfan
Registered User
 
NugentHopkinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Oh god.

Yeah give him even more confidence, not only do you get to cheapshot our players and nearly end their career, you get to look good in a fight against a non fighter.

Nobody likes looking tougher than they are in a fight

If you dont win the fight (and not just a slight edge), it does absolutely nothing. Canucks have already proved they'll attempt to stand up for their guys, thats never been questioned.
Obviously we're still going to try to hit him after the fight but that's how it's going to be handled.

Burrows vs Keith will be an entertaining slap fest. But who knows maybe Kassian gets to him first, maybe Bieksa does... but it's a big 2 points on the line and we could lose the game over revenge and miss the playoffs by a point or two.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:43 AM
  #17
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,885
vCash: 500
The problem is the NHL would suspend the retaliation worse than Keith's slap on the wrist. If Kassian gave Keith the exact same flying elbow on the exact same play, it would be 10+ games and we can't afford to lose top 6 players right now. The best way to get back at him is to beat the Hawks in regulation.

Hammer79 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:52 AM
  #18
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
The problem is the NHL would suspend the retaliation worse than Keith's slap on the wrist. If Kassian gave Keith the exact same flying elbow on the exact same play, it would be 10+ games and we can't afford to lose top 6 players right now. The best way to get back at him is to beat the Hawks in regulation.
Theres a middle ground between a huge cheap elbow away from the play and beating them in regulation.

I hope to see one of our tougher guys coax him into a fight. do whatever it takes to get him to him drop the gloves

or any uneven match with one of their top smaller players (kane, toews, etc)

Im not even confident our beat up team can beat them in regulation to be honest. or at all .. not while we have 2 of our top 6 players injured and our D being playing the way they are.

Pseudonymous is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:54 AM
  #19
alternate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,828
vCash: 500
Eff the scoreboard in this one. Winning game 8 (prorated to game 16 ooooohhhhh) doesn't mean a whole lot.

Keith has to pay. So does Toews. Mess with 1 of ours, we mess with 2 of yours.

Keith isn't going to fight Zack. No way. And I don't want Zack to go Bertuzzi either. I do want Keith and Toews and Kane and Sharp getting a face wash and a whack to the shins every chance we get. Don't be stupid about it, but retribution better be 60 minutes worth.

alternate is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:55 AM
  #20
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
Eff the scoreboard in this one. Winning game 8 (prorated to game 16 ooooohhhhh) doesn't mean a whole lot.

Keith has to pay. So does Toews. Mess with 1 of ours, we mess with 2 of yours.

Keith isn't going to fight Zack. No way. And I don't want Zack to go Bertuzzi either. I do want Keith and Toews and Kane and Sharp getting a face wash and a whack to the shins every chance we get. Don't be stupid about it, but retribution better be 60 minutes worth.
they might be willing to with bieksa though. hes not as intimidating to look at if theyre angry enough because of all the abuse theyre getting

Pseudonymous is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:57 AM
  #21
The Optimist
Registered User
 
The Optimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SFU
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
The problem is the NHL would suspend the retaliation worse than Keith's slap on the wrist. If Kassian gave Keith the exact same flying elbow on the exact same play, it would be 10+ games and we can't afford to lose top 6 players right now. The best way to get back at him is to beat the Hawks in regulation.
Management will definitely have been told to not let anything happen that could tarnish the leagues' reputation in the USA (aka line brawls, cheap shots, etc.).

Furthermore, refs will definitely be involved early to send a clear message in case the players 'forget'.

But boy will it be satisfying to see every Canuck (Sedins included) finish their checks on Keith. He's going to be sore for the next week.

The Optimist is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:57 AM
  #22
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
anybody with twitter, please tweet all our players and let them know that our fans expect as much punishment within the rules as possible!

if they go in and play like its another game, i'll be very disappointed

it basically wrote off our chances for the 2011 playoffs

it was a disgusting play

Pseudonymous is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:59 AM
  #23
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,222
vCash: 50
Don't do anything suspension worthy to keith, but Absolutely crush him every chance possible.

I hope kassian makes keith his *****

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:00 AM
  #24
BrandonL
Registered User
 
BrandonL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
Eff the scoreboard in this one. Winning game 8 (prorated to game 16 ooooohhhhh) doesn't mean a whole lot.

Keith has to pay. So does Toews. Mess with 1 of ours, we mess with 2 of yours.

Keith isn't going to fight Zack. No way. And I don't want Zack to go Bertuzzi either. I do want Keith and Toews and Kane and Sharp getting a face wash and a whack to the shins every chance we get. Don't be stupid about it, but retribution better be 60 minutes worth.
Kassian (or someone else) can easily just go after Keith and take a two minute instigator penalty. I suppose the potential for a 5 minute major is there if Keith doesn't fight back, but I don't really think that should be a concern.

The Canucks need to make a statement here, the era of opposing teams taking liberties with the Sedins is finished.

BrandonL is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:02 AM
  #25
NonBruinHatingCanuck
Registered User
 
NonBruinHatingCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
I think Burrows Could actually drop Keith if he lands one Early

Thats quite interesting i forgot they were teammates for team Canada.. Must have been a bit awkward.

I really hope Vancouver plays with some emotion. These games have me quite bored this year.

NonBruinHatingCanuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.