HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 03:10 AM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
I say you twitter people message Bieksa and tell him that if he fights Keith you'll donate $5 to BC Children's Hospital Foundation in support of Mindcheck.ca. If he gets a couple thousand followers to commit to $5 that's a good chunk of change. Might be enough to tempt him!

Old
01-31-2013, 03:11 AM
shortshorts
broken athlete

vCash: 500
I'd be totally okay with Burrows squaring off with Keith and then us taking solid hits on him and all the other Hawks D-men.

We just need a message to be sent with ferocious, clean, hitting.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:17 AM
NonBruinHatingCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
I'd be totally okay with Burrows squaring off with Keith and then us taking solid hits on him and all the other Hawks D-men.

We just need a message to be sent with ferocious, clean, hitting.
I also wouldn't mind seeing Hansen square off with him that guy has a temper I'd like to see how he fares .

Old
01-31-2013, 03:21 AM
Zombotron
The Pretzels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonBruinHatingCanuck View Post
I also wouldn't mind seeing Hansen square off with him that guy has a temper I'd like to see how he fares .
Execute process honeybadger.exe...

Old
01-31-2013, 03:22 AM
yoss

Couldn't Kassian just throw down the gloves, grab Keith and start swinging for the fences? Would he get more than an instigator? Who cares if it's a fair fight, i want to see Keith get rocked. At least a few good times.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:23 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonBruinHatingCanuck View Post
I think Burrows Could actually drop Keith if he lands one Early

Thats quite interesting i forgot they were teammates for team Canada.. Must have been a bit awkward.

I really hope Vancouver plays with some emotion. These games have me quite bored this year.
Actually I expect this

a bunch of hugging by two non fighters and hair pulling. burrows cannot fight

Old
01-31-2013, 03:24 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
This a game Vandermeer would be nice to have right about now, but no, let's keep Barker instead.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:25 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoss View Post
Couldn't Kassian just throw down the gloves, grab Keith and start swinging for the fences? Would he get more than an instigator? Who cares if it's a fair fight, i want to see Keith get rocked. At least a few good times.
yes he could but everybody is all worried after what bertuzzi did and how he got charged. but what bertuzzi did was much different because he had no idea it was coming and couldn't even protect himself whatsoever. and it was way after the play

Old
01-31-2013, 03:26 AM
Pseudonymous

oh i just remembered, we have volpatti in the lineup also, would love to see him rock somebody too

Old
01-31-2013, 03:27 AM
Alex Edler

Something like this would do.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:30 AM
yoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
yes he could but everybody is all worried after what bertuzzi did and how he got charged. but what bertuzzi did was much different because he had no idea it was coming and couldn't even protect himself whatsoever. and it was way after the play
True, but couldn't he just say "we're going to fight now" and not sucker punch him, but persuade heavily slash force him to go? Of course then i expect Keith to run away in that scenario if given any chance.

I would be satisfied with Bieksa even. D on D. Not so sure about Burrows though, I love Burr and all but he's not really a fighter from what i can recall anyways.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:32 AM
StringerBell

Go Burrows! Knock that loser's teeth out!

I dunno guys that just doesn't seem right to me. Keith concussed the reigning Art Ross winner with a flying elbow to his face, so we make him pay by fighting Burrows? That ain't right.

I'm gonna throw out Keith Ballard's name here. Same weight class, not an intimidating guy, but I don't think Keith is getting out of that fight without eating a few punches.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:33 AM
serge2k
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
What do you guys think is the best approach to get retribution on Keith?

Personally, I would like to see someone go right after him the first time he steps foot on the ice. Who cares about an instigator penalty early in the game, I'm sure that's two minutes the team would gladly kill off.

I would love for Kassian to be the one to send the message and treat Keith just like he did Eager. One, it would be immensely satisfying to watch. Second, and arguably most important, it would serve notice to the rest of the league that you won't get away with cheap shots on the Sedins anymore.
Nah, I'd like Kassian to play like a big softie.

Then absolutely obliterate bolland when he tries his usual tactics against the sedins (which, much as I hate them, are very effective. That bolland/luongo idea that was floating around... I wouldn't hate that).

Old
01-31-2013, 03:35 AM
yoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Go Burrows! Knock that loser's teeth out!

I dunno guys that just doesn't seem right to me. Keith concussed the reigning Art Ross winner with a flying elbow to his face, so we make him pay by fighting Burrows? That ain't right.

I'm gonna throw out Keith Ballard's name here. Same weight class, not an intimidating guy, but I don't think Keith is getting out of that fight without eating a few punches.
Hmm, Ballard. You may be on to something. Love how Ballard how backed up guys before and remember him doing pretty well in his fights last year.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:39 AM
yoss

Not gonna lie though, Kassian punching Keith in the face multiple times is still what i sort of have my heart set on.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:43 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

IMO, Kassian is going to be able to do whatever the hell he wants on Friday. Who on the Hawks is going to stop him from being the tough beast he is?

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Stalberg
Bollig - Krüger - Frolik

Who in this lineup is going to tell Kassian he can't play tough? Bollig is the only guy that'll have the balls to fight Kassian, other then that, good luck to any other Hawk. The Hawks have Jamal Mayers as a scratch, is he any real threat to anyone? Can't say I'm worried about him.

If this game gets dirty and becomes a fight-fest, if we don't win practically every fight, I'd be pretty upset. Volpatti, Weise, Bieksa, Kassian should be able to go to town on the Hawks. Wish we had Vandermeer for this game.

Beat 'em on the score board, and beat 'em physically. This should be a playoff type atmosphere.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:46 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post

Payback time.
Just a little more incentive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFbzjWWXYz0

Old
01-31-2013, 03:47 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

Keith meet Kassian

he's been dying to see you...

Old
01-31-2013, 03:49 AM
Sergei Shirokov

I can't wait, this is going to be beyond thrilling.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:52 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Also, anyone remember when we played the Hawks sometime last year when Kassian was acquired, and Keith chirped off to him? Said something along the lines of "Quite the acquisition you've been here, haven't you?" to Kassian. I'm likely way off on the quoting, but he said something to that extent. I'd like for Keith to say that this year.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:52 AM
yoss

Keith talked **** about Kassian that game too, wonder what his trash talk will be now. *****. I'm torn between being the non-violent pacifist i usually am and on the other handing wanting to see blood. I have never been so angry watching a hockey game before when i saw that elbow.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:56 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

I'm hoping to see a continued improvement in Garrison's mobility. I wonder how much the groin injury in the offseason has slowed him.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:00 AM
yoss

Wonder who starts. Chances are the Keith thing is addressed early on? Really love to see a win too, just on principle. I don't think Nucks are necessarily the underdogs everyone is making them out to be. They'll be plenty motivated. Could see the game just turn ugly fast though also.

Hope Sedins bring a multiple point performance game. Make a statement.

They often play well in Chicago too.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:11 AM
David71

keith is a pretty slick skater to elude checks. maybe sandwich the guy along the boards. a few facewashes here and there after the whistle. burrows should fight him. kassian will murder him.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:11 AM
NonBruinHatingCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Also, anyone remember when we played the Hawks sometime last year when Kassian was acquired, and Keith chirped off to him? Said something along the lines of "Quite the acquisition you've been here, haven't you?" to Kassian. I'm likely way off on the quoting, but he said something to that extent. I'd like for Keith to say that this year.
your pretty close actually... Wasn't that the same game Keith knocked out Daniel?

Closed Thread