HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 04:13 AM
David71

vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUXEvXP3mHk if keith didnt have long hair. fight would be about even. burrows wouldnt have any hair to pull lol.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:14 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoss View Post
Keith talked **** about Kassian that game too, wonder what his trash talk will be now. *****. I'm torn between being the non-violent pacifist i usually am and on the other handing wanting to see blood. I have never been so angry watching a hockey game before when i saw that elbow.
oh forgot that kassian does have some incentive!

Kesler’s reaction to Duncan Keith’s sarcastic comment, “Well you’ve been a hell of an addition here, haven’t you?” to Kassian.

he was yapping at keith prior

Last edited by Pseudonymous: 01-31-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old
01-31-2013, 04:14 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonBruinHatingCanuck View Post
your pretty close actually... Wasn't that the same game Keith knocked out Daniel?
Can't remember which game it was exactly. All I know is I wanted Kassian to make Keith eat his words right then.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:15 AM
yoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
keith is a pretty slick skater to elude checks. maybe sandwich the guy along the boards. a few facewashes here and there after the whistle. burrows should fight him. kassian will murder him.
Thats a fair point, Kassian could easily do some serious damage. Maybe that is excessive. I still am not feeling the Burrows idea though. Guess we'll see if there's anything to that rumour. Would be interesting fight, Burrows better win if it does indeed go down that's all i have to say. Or if not him then someone else later on.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:18 AM
David71

or daniel sedin vrs keith ^-^ or keith ballard. whoever on the nucks will glady accept.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:26 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Also, anyone remember when we played the Hawks sometime last year when Kassian was acquired, and Keith chirped off to him? Said something along the lines of "Quite the acquisition you've been here, haven't you?" to Kassian. I'm likely way off on the quoting, but he said something to that extent. I'd like for Keith to say that this year.
That was what my link was.

The video, Keith was saying "What a great acquisition you were" and Kassian really couldn't say anything back, but now.. It's a completely different story.

Quote:
Keith talked **** about Kassian that game too, wonder what his trash talk will be now. *****. I'm torn between being the non-violent pacifist i usually am and on the other handing wanting to see blood. I have never been so angry watching a hockey game before when i saw that elbow.
Same here, I wanted blood.

The good part about this is we are the home team and we have last change.

Usually you don't want your top line out against the other teams top pair, but in this case..

I get the feeling we just might want that matchup.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:33 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
I do not think the Canucks can risk a physical game at this juncture. They'd be so screwed if they lost another forward. I am in favor of sending a message, but the time to do that was then, not now. As the season matures (and the playoff matchups begin to emerge!) there will be another Chicago meeting, third to last game on the Canuck's schedule. I'd rather wreck Chicago's playoffs than risk the season, no?

Luongo should play. Screw the optics and go with the hot goalie!

Old
01-31-2013, 04:36 AM
Lemmiwinks

A nice, beautiful, clean open-ice hit to Keith, much like Willie Mitchel's hit on Toews, would be all I want to see. Nothing dirty, just fair retribution.

And also a W, of course. I like a win against the Hawks like nothing else.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:39 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I do not think the Canucks can risk a physical game at this juncture. They'd be so screwed if they lost another forward. I am in favor of sending a message, but the time to do that was then, not now. As the season matures (and the playoff matchups begin to emerge!) there will be another Chicago meeting, third to last game on the Canuck's schedule. I'd rather wreck Chicago's playoffs than risk the season, no?

Luongo should play. Screw the optics and go with the hot goalie!
umm retaliating close to the playoffs would be a much worse idea, you can overcome injuries. you dont want to bang and crash a few games before the playoffs

plus which game do you realistically see us winning anyway? if we're going to beat a chicago team fair and square, its not the game when we have 2 key injuries and a rusty D core with our top d playing his off side

Old
01-31-2013, 04:41 AM
Sergei Shirokov

I would like to see a fight, Kassian and Keith, 1 on 1.

Keith will never do it but that would be my dream, a huge hit, or multiple huge hits would also be nice, just don't go Bertuzzi and I am confident Kass won't.

Would love to see a fight though.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:56 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Should be Lu's game after a shutout. Those take priority.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:24 AM
yoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
That was what my link was.

The video, Keith was saying "What a great acquisition you were" and Kassian really couldn't say anything back, but now.. It's a completely different story.

Same here, I wanted blood.

The good part about this is we are the home team and we have last change.

Usually you don't want your top line out against the other teams top pair, but in this case..

I get the feeling we just might want that matchup.
Oh its in Van i thought Chicago for some reason. Wonder what the crowd will be like.

Indeed, funny how that worked out. Acquisition is looking alright now don't you think, Duncan?

Old
01-31-2013, 05:33 AM
Orca Smash

Well the hawks will be dressing bollig im guessing, hes not the best fighter, but still a big strong guy that can fight, im sure they will have him watching kassian.

I dont see keith dropping the gloves with kassian unless kassian carkners him which I think would get him a suspension.

I want keith to answer but i also want to win this game, even if we do nail keith, I hate loosing to the hawks. And you know even if we do beat them up it wont be a total victory if they come away with a win in a blowout game. So I hope we dont do anything stupid either.

At this point i dont understand what the club is doing with our goalies, so i have to not care, if roberto gets the start thats fine to, this wont be an easy game like the one vs the avs. But if we are going to treat him as a number 1 and expect that from him i think he should be off the trade block right now and gillis should declare he will not be trading him this season. If they are still planning actively to trade him which could happen any day, then i dont think were doing schneider any favors for this season keeping him on the bench while choosing roberto to get alot of the starts..

Last edited by Orca Smash: 01-31-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Old
01-31-2013, 05:37 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Hawk fan dropping by and I'll admit the Keith hit on Sedin was stupid, it got him suspended 5 games it was dangerous and who knows maybe that's why Torres levelled Hossa in the playoffs. Maybe those guys were friends during their short playing history. The Hawks played the Yotes 2 weeks ago and even though Torres wasn't in the line up I didn't see anything from the Hawks trying to run any of their guys. I know you guys want Keith bad and I understand but I really want to see a good back n forth offensive game and really don't want to see anybody get concussed on either team.

Keith isn't going to fight anyone anyways so there's not much point chasing the guy around the ice cuz we all don't need to see another Bertuzzi incident. Best thing for you guys is to beat us on the scoreboard. if Kassian has a big game then that's all the ammo he needs.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:43 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Hawk fan dropping by and I'll admit the Keith hit on Sedin was stupid, it got him suspended 5 games it was dangerous and who knows maybe that's why Torres levelled Hossa in the playoffs. Maybe those guys were friends during their short playing history. The Hawks played the Yotes 2 weeks ago and even though Torres wasn't in the line up I didn't see anything from the Hawks trying to run any of their guys. I know you guys want Keith bad and I understand but I really want to see a good back n forth offensive game and really don't want to see anybody get concussed on either team.

Keith isn't going to fight anyone anyways so there's not much point chasing the guy around the ice cuz we all don't need to see another Bertuzzi incident. Best thing for you guys is to beat us on the scoreboard. if Kassian has a big game then that's all the ammo he needs.

I can somewhat agree with this, while part of me wants someone at least keiths size and fight skill level to try to drop the gloves and perhaps he would oblige, i also hope we dont do anything stupid either, their is no way he will fight an actual fighter, nor would most top stars in the league. And i hope we dont take stupid penalties that cost us the game trying to go after him either. Still I would like to see some good clean hard hits on him.

As for beating you on the scoreboard i agree with that, that would be more satisfying to me then getting back at him, but honestly i dont think we can right now.

Hawks are playing extremely well, and we have a patch job roster that looks rusty.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:49 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Well Luongo seems very relaxed these days and is playing well, (SOs not so much) but Kassian looks like he will be your version of Byfuglien that will drive us crazy.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:53 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Well Luongo seems very relaxed these days and is playing well, (SOs not so much) but Kassian looks like he will be your version of Byfuglien that will drive us crazy.
Can you guys deal with dale weise though? He has been warned not to run up the score on other teams

Old
01-31-2013, 05:58 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
Kassian (or someone else) can easily just go after Keith and take a two minute instigator penalty. I suppose the potential for a 5 minute major is there if Keith doesn't fight back, but I don't really think that should be a concern.

The Canucks need to make a statement here, the era of opposing teams taking liberties with the Sedins is finished.
Well he would get more then a two minute or 5 minute major, carkner did that with boyle in playoffs and got a game suspension.

Doing that against a star like keith, where you go after him and start punching him? Maybe 2-3 games....Hopefully not, but i could see it, and we cant loose kassian right now.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:03 AM
yoss

nevermind.

Last edited by yoss: 01-31-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old
01-31-2013, 06:48 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

People there is no way anybody is nailing Keith with a big clean body check. Unless somebody like Gaborik wants to run him there's nobody in the league that can chase him down and line him up for a hit before he gets away. The sad part is I was a huge Keith fan until that night.

Mark my words though, he's fighting Burrows.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:00 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
People there is no way anybody is nailing Keith with a big clean body check. Unless somebody like Gaborik wants to run him there's nobody in the league that can chase him down and line him up for a hit before he gets away. The sad part is I was a huge Keith fan until that night.

Cool, fight Burrows and get it out of the way. Then just play the game straight up. No circus. Just everytime there is an opportunity to make life hell for the goalie, do it. Pick your spots and focus on the win.

Kassian shouldn't go after Keith. He should go to the net, and when one of Seabrook or Keith meets him there, byfuglien them in the crease. That's how they did it to VAN, that's how VAN should respond to them.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:17 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post

Nobody except Raffi Torres at 1:13 and Lapierre at 2:36 right? Keith is smooth, but he's not exactly velvet.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:39 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Wonder who starts. Chances are the Keith thing is addressed early on? Really love to see a win too, just on principle. I don't think Nucks are necessarily the underdogs everyone is making them out to be. They'll be plenty motivated. Could see the game just turn ugly fast though also.

Hope Sedins bring a multiple point performance game. Make a statement.

They often play well in Chicago too.
Isn't the game in Vancouver? Maybe I'm just confused.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:46 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Isn't the game in Vancouver? Maybe I'm just confused.
No, I think he is.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
No, I think he is.
Ah, thanks! Hopefully the boys can both win the game and beat the crap outta Keith, man the fans would love that!

Closed Thread