HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#7 - 01/31/2013 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 05:37 AM
  #51
SoftEuro4thLiner
Registered User
 
SoftEuro4thLiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Not sure if serious...
Nah, I'm not. I'm just trying to sum up the "Best of Ridiculous" of HFNYR over the last few days.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:40 AM
  #52
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
...........and some lucky bounces.
When the top line score goals, it's good goal manufacturing even if there were bounces.

Event if we get bounces, with Cally out and Step not being able to finish a wheel of fortune puzzle with all the letter filled in, we're generally not going to get "bounces".

The only one that I can see putting the puck in the net with a bounce is Pyatt with net front or Hags with hand eye and agility.

Bryz didn't play that well on the key plays last game with all the turn overs. We just can't finish

A lot of other players in spots where there's a turn over, it's almost always good anticipation and with a corner or hole picked.

It seems to be that Step is just aiming straight at the chest protector of the goalie. He's gotten 4 chances now in close and not once has it gone off the pipe or forced the goalie to make a big glove save or a blocker save.

He needs to start ripping it like he did on the go ahead goal on Thomas last year.

His release is also really 2 dimensional now that I think about it. It's always a cranked wrist shot. That goal against thomas was the same even though that was a bullet of a wrist shot. Unless you can beat the goaltender clean on a blazing shot every time, it's probably best to learn quicker releases. He really likes the whole left leg kicked out, sweeping wrist shot that's like Semin's but way slower in execution and the shot is no where close. Goalies aren't gonna have too tough of a time to get in position to make those stops.


Last edited by Cresto: 01-31-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Cresto is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:57 AM
  #53
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,622
vCash: 500
Can we beat these bozos please? Finish off a good homestand.

And lol at us starting Biron because we're going to lose.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:01 AM
  #54
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
When the top line score goals, it's good goal manufacturing even if there were bounces.

Event if we get bounces, with Cally out and Step not being able to finish a wheel of fortune puzzle with all the letter filled in, we're generally not going to get "bounces".

The only one that I can see putting the puck in the net with a bounce is Pyatt with net front or Hags with hand eye and agility.

Bryz didn't play that well on the key plays last game with all the turn overs. We just can't finish

A lot of other players in spots where there's a turn over, it's almost always good anticipation and with a corner or hole picked.

It seems to be that Step is just aiming straight at the chest protector of the goalie. He's gotten 4 chances now in close and not once has it gone off the pipe or forced the goalie to make a big glove save or a blocker save.

He needs to start ripping it like he did on the go ahead goal on Thomas last year.

His release is also really 2 dimensional now that I think about it. It's always a cranked wrist shot. That goal against thomas was the same even though that was a bullet of a wrist shot. Unless you can beat the goaltender clean on a blazing shot every time, it's probably best to learn quicker releases. He really likes the whole left leg kicked out, sweeping wrist shot that's like Semin's but way slower in execution and the shot is no where close. Goalies aren't gonna have too tough of a time to get in position to make those stops.
The guy is average at best. He'll never amount to much.

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:17 AM
  #55
Gardner McKay
Moderator
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 10,437
vCash: 50
When we lose this game 4-1, all the ledge people will come back out. Seasons over, trade the team, fire torts, fire rather, fire sullivan etc. all because we lost a game while playing with 1 1/2 forward lines (okay maybe 2 full forward lines).

Maybe its not a smart idea for me to drink during this game though. Ill also be packing up for my move on saturday... Whiskey + Rangers loss + valuable items = hazardous combo.

__________________
Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:46 AM
  #56
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 31,177
vCash: 500
Lgr.

darko is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 07:54 AM
  #57
miss2leetch
Registered User
 
miss2leetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
I think our lack of depth may hurt us tonight. Someone from the 3rd or 4th line will have to score. Penguins are beatable. Lets hope for some good bounces early!

miss2leetch is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:01 AM
  #58
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Might as well make it a good one. I'll be there!
Welcome. Stop being positive and you'll fit right in ;-)

Riche16 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:08 AM
  #59
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,681
vCash: 500
1-0 so nyr

Ola is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:12 AM
  #60
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch
 
Frozen North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: OK
Country: United States
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 500
Gaborik goes beast mode, and we win 4-1.

Will Richards be wearing the C? I remember it use to be common practice for teams to have an "A" step up when the "C" was out (Graves wore the C when Mess was out), but haven't seen that happening much anymore.

Frozen North is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:13 AM
  #61
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,560
vCash: 500
Have to tape this one as I won't be around. Guessing it will be high scoring one way or another.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:19 AM
  #62
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
hopefully hank gets the start tonight then Biron on saturday.

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:23 AM
  #63
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen North View Post
Will Richards be wearing the C? I remember it use to be common practice for teams to have an "A" step up when the "C" was out (Graves wore the C when Mess was out), but haven't seen that happening much anymore.
They'll probably just go with threee Alternat Captains and give Nash the remaining A. He's been leading this team with his on ice presence anyway.

SixGoalieSystem is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:26 AM
  #64
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
They'll probably just go with threee Alternat Captains and give Nash the remaining A. He's been leading this team with his on ice presence anyway.
I think Girardi will get the 3rd A, he had it last year when Staal was out.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:34 AM
  #65
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I think Girardi will get the 3rd A, he had it last year when Staal was out.
I'd be fine with that too. Obviously. G did a good job last time around.


Last edited by SixGoalieSystem: 01-31-2013 at 08:50 AM.
SixGoalieSystem is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:40 AM
  #66
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I would start Biron because Hank is so bad against the Penguins. We're gonna lose anyways, might as well start the backup and rest the starter.
Biron allowed 5 and 5 goals last year in 2 games against the Penguins last year.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:44 AM
  #67
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
No way Biron should be starting this game. If he is, I'll eat poop.

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:58 AM
  #68
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
hopefully hank gets the start tonight then Biron on saturday.
Selfishly... I'd like the opposite as ill be in attendance on Sat w/my Hank jersey on.

Riche16 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:58 AM
  #69
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
The guy is average at best. He'll never amount to much.
At first I thought Stepan did some unspeakable things to you since every post of yours is about how terrible it is. Then I realized that you can't hate someone THAT much, so I assume you get paid every post you make trashing him.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 AM
  #70
Stammer91
Registered User
 
Stammer91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Need to come out strong and not play just the 3rd period.
Stepan
Hagelin
Nash with goals
3-1

BTW new to the boards

Stammer91 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 AM
  #71
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title
 
bettercallstaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wingdale
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
I think it's about time Nash pots a couple.

bettercallstaal is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:18 AM
  #72
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,519
vCash: 500
Time for Stepan and Hagelin to step up
McDonagh should hopefully get something, cause he's been playing well offensively

__________________
Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:19 AM
  #73
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Registered User
 
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Flushing, NY
Country: Puerto Rico
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Nash is definitely due for a huge game. Make it happen!

Lets Go Rangers!

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:29 AM
  #74
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stammer91 View Post
Need to come out strong and not play just the 3rd period.
Stepan
Hagelin
Nash with goals
3-1

BTW new to the boards
Welcome to the madhouse.

I want to say I can see Nash scoring a bunch but every time I do.....he doesn't so....Nash with 0 goals.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:31 AM
  #75
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
I hate to say it, but Hank is gonna have to bail us out if we're gonna come out with a W.

Dangleberry is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.