HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Question, why isn't Stephen Johns in the "Prospects" header at the top of board?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
I think Larmer was being sarcastic about Sweatt, BWC.

He is terrible, 12pts in 31 games in the AHL.

Imagine that, another Tallon fail pick.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Hawkaholic

If Johns refuses to sign with the Hawks, don't let the door hit him in the ass on teh way out.

I have zero interest in keeping players who don't care to be a part of this organization. (ie/Niemi)

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I think Larmer was being sarcastic about Sweatt, BWC.

He is terrible, 12pts in 31 games in the AHL.

Imagine that, another Tallon fail pick.
but to be fair, Jordan Schroeder wasnt doing much better either for them in the AHL and now he is up playing minutes for the Nucks.. they just dont have a great minor league team imo. at least offensive talent wise.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:13 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You mean the guy who refused to sign with Hawks ,, Then refused to sign with Leafs before becomign FA and signing with Nucks

As for Ludvig ,, Hawks didn't see much in him after wasting a 2nd round pick and cut there losses

To bad they didn't do same with Beach

And clearly no one else was all that impressed with Ludvig as he was not drafted again this past year despite being back in draft
Beach was coming off a 52-goal season in his last junior year. 52 goals in 68 games. There's not a chance in hell Chicago wouldn't have signed him. C'mon.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:36 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Johns is a beast with ND. He is one of their leaders and has been since last season. He is a respected member of his team and his character is above exemplary. One of the good guys you could want for your team. He is a warrior who is willing to do whatever asked of him...reminds me of a bigger Ken Daneyko with a bit more offensive ability.

Johns should make this team next year out of camp as he is just mature enough right now to do so. He isnt weak on skating like some bigger dmen, he makes smart passes out of his zone, his coverage is solid, and oh yeah...the dude hits the **** out of people!

With Rosival and Brookbank filling 6th-7th dmen spots currently, and who knows whenever Monty comes back, there should be a spot for Johns to make this club right away next year...hell he might crack the big club after his season is done at ND if the Hawks have any injuries on the blueline. He brings everything that we are missing to our blueline and have been missing for sometime. Tough ass kid.
Agree 100% and I LOVE the fact that he's a right handed shot too!

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:42 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I get almost no updates on Johns.. but he was voted the team's best defensemen (William Donald Nyrop Award) last year: http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/m...ns_713555.html

So, I doubt he's struggling to find a role on the team. I think you're thinking of Justin Holl, who's spent some time at forward for Minnesota.
Holl it was, thanks. Hope Johns is as good as advertised.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote