HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room VII

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Hawkman
Maddon MLB 15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
That's funny...I dated Al.
I knew it!

Old
01-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Hawkman
Maddon MLB 15

I don't know if anyone still cares about this craziness, but:

"Ronaiah Tuiasosopo to Dr. Phil McGraw -- voice his, Manti Te'o not in on it - 3 hours ago
In an interview with Dr. Phil McGraw that will air Thursday, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo says the voice of Manti Te'o girlfriend Lennay Kekua was his and Te'o had no role in the hoax."

“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love. I asked him straight up, 'Was this a romantic relationship with you?' And he says yes. I said, 'Are you then therefore gay?' And he said, 'When you put it that way, yes.' And then he caught himself and said 'I am confused.' ” -- Dr. Phil McGraw, on Ronaiah Tuiasosopo http://espn.go.com/chicago/college-f...nti-teo-not-it

Old
01-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Darth Yoda

I'm starting to think GM:ing this was'nt such a great idea due to my timezone. I've had two bad choices in a row now, at last subdoing to conventional wisdom.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
I'm starting to think GM:ing this was'nt such a great idea due to my timezone. I've had two bad choices in a row now, at last subdoing to conventional wisdom.
I disagree. Bentley deserved to fall but was a strong pick where you took him and Shanny is a great compliment to him.

01-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Send lists! Its the easiest way. Me and my grandpa aer in your timezone and we manage. And be pacient, dont rush your picks.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:58 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Why do you think your time zone is hurting you?

I also thought Max Bentley was a fine pick where you got him.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:51 AM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Happy birthday to TDMM

Old
01-31-2013, 08:34 AM
EagleBelfour

Happy Birthday TDMM!

Old
01-31-2013, 08:36 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

happy birthday man!!!

Old
01-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm View Post
I don't know if anyone still cares about this craziness, but:

"Ronaiah Tuiasosopo to Dr. Phil McGraw -- voice his, Manti Te'o not in on it - 3 hours ago
In an interview with Dr. Phil McGraw that will air Thursday, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo says the voice of Manti Te'o girlfriend Lennay Kekua was his and Te'o had no role in the hoax."

“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love. I asked him straight up, 'Was this a romantic relationship with you?' And he says yes. I said, 'Are you then therefore gay?' And he said, 'When you put it that way, yes.' And then he caught himself and said 'I am confused.' ” -- Dr. Phil McGraw, on Ronaiah Tuiasosopo http://espn.go.com/chicago/college-f...nti-teo-not-it
I think this is all-time, hall of fame trolling, and that Manti T'eo is guilty of nothing more than being the kind of idiot who would "committ" himself to a relationship with a girl who he had never seen in the flesh.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:01 AM
EagleBelfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I think this is all-time, hall of fame trolling, and that Manti T'eo is guilty of nothing more than being the kind of idiot who would "committ" himself to a relationship with a girl who he had never seen in the flesh.
I've heard a bit about this story. Can someone give me a short resume?

Old
01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
jkrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
I've heard a bit about this story. Can someone give me a short resume?
Basically this moron hooked up with a girl on twitter which he said he met etc. Then she died and there was a big commotion. He made a big deal out of all of this. Even some charity work I think. Turned out to be a friend of his who had made a fake account.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:00 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Basically this moron hooked up with a girl on twitter which he said he met etc. Then she died and there was a big commotion. He made a big deal out of all of this. Even some charity work I think. Turned out to be a friend of his who had made a fake account.
A male friend of his who was in love with him. The whole thing is just bizarre. Reminds me of Gay Girl in Damascus, the dude who had that fake twitter account of a lesbian in Damascus during the beginning of the Syrian revolution.

Further proof that there are no women on the internets, just smelly dudes pretending to be *****es for the lulz.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:04 AM
jkrx

Quote:
A male friend of his who was in love with him. The whole thing is just bizarre. Reminds me of Gay Girl in Damascus, the dude who had that fake twitter account of a lesbian in Damascus during the beginning of the Syrian revolution.

Further proof that there are no women on the internets, just smelly dudes pretending to be *****es for the lulz.
It's bizarre indeed.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:08 AM
EagleBelfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
But did he told people that he met her before? I don't think he's a moron, more of a very sad human being.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:16 AM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
But did he told people that he met her before? I don't think he's a moron, more of a very sad human being.
It's definitely a combo of him being a moron and then lying to the press about it in order to not seem like a moron.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:30 AM
DoMakc

IMO the whole become the story only because of a sad state of sports, where you not allowed to be gay.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Hawkman
Maddon MLB 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
I disagree. Bentley deserved to fall but was a strong pick where you took him and Shanny is a great compliment to him.
Agreed. I almost took Shanny the pick before you.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:29 AM
vecens24

Quote:
Yeah you've definitely done fine so far. Both of those guys were people we looked at and may have taken (Bentley more than Shanny).

Just because I made the observation that I think Doug Bentley may have been better than Max doesn't mean it was a bad pick. They were both good picks where they were selected. We're just used to seeing Max go in the second round, which I think is about a round too high for him.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Quote:
You're doing fine, and people in our timezone have had plenty of success in the ATD over the years. Hell, nik jr was a finalist last year.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Quote:
You're doing fine, and people in our timezone have had plenty of success in the ATD over the years. Hell, nik jr was a finalist last year.
'Our' timezone? Are you in NY or actually in Ukraine? Hell, what's the deal with the Ukraine flag? And does a place called West Egg seriously exist?

Sorry, I always wondered about those things.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
'Our' timezone? Are you in NY or actually in Ukraine? Hell, what's the deal with the Ukraine flag? And does a place called West Egg seriously exist?

Sorry, I always wondered about those things.
I live close to Frankfurt, Germany these days. I am originally from New York, though I also lived in San Francisco for some time. West Egg is a literary reference. The Ukrainian flag is just representing my peeps, as the kids would say. My mother's family immigrated from the Ukraine (big Odessa) to Brooklyn (little Odessa) in the 1910's as tzarist Russia was disintegrating, which was a pretty sweet move in retrospect.

I like creative scoringlines, hook-checking from center ice, puckmoving defensemen, and long, slow, deep statistical analysis that makes your want to shut your eyes and think of Don Cherry. Any more questions?

Old
01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Quote:
I live close to Frankfurt, Germany these days. I am originally from New York, though I also lived in San Francisco for some time. West Egg is a literary reference. The Ukrainian flag is just representing my peeps, as the kids would say. My mother's family immigrated from the Ukraine (big Odessa) to Brooklyn (little Odessa) in the 1910's as tzarist Russia was disintegrating, which was a pretty sweet move in retrospect.

I like creative scoringlines, hook-checking from center ice, puckmoving defensemen, and long, slow, deep statistical analysis that makes your want to shut your eyes and think of Don Cherry. Any more questions?
Pizza or kebab?

Nah, thanks for the in-depth reply.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:16 PM
Hawkman
Maddon MLB 15

If anyone uses a flag that's not North American (except jkrx & hobnobs) I assume they're from North America, because some people do it to be cool. I knew where Sturm lives. I might use Sweden or Holland someday, because I'm half of each. I realize Holland is a weak hockey country. Is low population the only reason Norway is weak in hockey or is there something else culturally that I'm not aware of? My son's godfather Egil grew up in Norway, but I keep forgetting to ask him.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:32 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm View Post
If anyone uses a flag that's not North American (except jkrx & hobnobs) I assume they're from North America, because some people do it to be cool. I knew where Sturm lives. I might use Sweden or Holland someday, because I'm half of each. I realize Holland is a weak hockey country. Is low population the only reason Norway is weak in hockey or is there something else culturally that I'm not aware of? My son's godfather Egil grew up in Norway, but I keep forgetting to ask him.
Norway focuses more on other winter sports like skiing and skijumping. Its the only thing norway has.. oh and oil!

Closed Thread