HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 05:53 PM
  #626
Hawkman
Moderator
Maddon MLB 15
 
Hawkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
That's funny...I dated Al.
I knew it!

Hawkman is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:57 PM
  #627
Hawkman
Moderator
Maddon MLB 15
 
Hawkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 500
I don't know if anyone still cares about this craziness, but:

"Ronaiah Tuiasosopo to Dr. Phil McGraw -- voice his, Manti Te'o not in on it - 3 hours ago
In an interview with Dr. Phil McGraw that will air Thursday, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo says the voice of Manti Te'o girlfriend Lennay Kekua was his and Te'o had no role in the hoax."

“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love. I asked him straight up, 'Was this a romantic relationship with you?' And he says yes. I said, 'Are you then therefore gay?' And he said, 'When you put it that way, yes.' And then he caught himself and said 'I am confused.' ” -- Dr. Phil McGraw, on Ronaiah Tuiasosopo http://espn.go.com/chicago/college-f...nti-teo-not-it

Hawkman is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:19 PM
  #628
Darth Yoda
Registered User
 
Darth Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grovebranch's Crease
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,875
vCash: 500
I'm starting to think GM:ing this was'nt such a great idea due to my timezone. I've had two bad choices in a row now, at last subdoing to conventional wisdom.

Darth Yoda is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:47 PM
  #629
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
I'm starting to think GM:ing this was'nt such a great idea due to my timezone. I've had two bad choices in a row now, at last subdoing to conventional wisdom.
I disagree. Bentley deserved to fall but was a strong pick where you took him and Shanny is a great compliment to him.

__________________
Every post comes with the Nalyd Psycho Seal of Approval.
Nalyd Psycho is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:57 PM
  #630
Hobnobs
Pinko
 
Hobnobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
I'm starting to think GM:ing this was'nt such a great idea due to my timezone. I've had two bad choices in a row now, at last subdoing to conventional wisdom.
Send lists! Its the easiest way. Me and my grandpa aer in your timezone and we manage. And be pacient, dont rush your picks.

Hobnobs is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:58 PM
  #631
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,624
vCash: 500
Why do you think your time zone is hurting you?

I also thought Max Bentley was a fine pick where you got him.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 07:51 AM
  #632
Hobnobs
Pinko
 
Hobnobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
Happy birthday to TDMM

Hobnobs is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:34 AM
  #633
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 500
Happy Birthday TDMM!

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:36 AM
  #634
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,338
vCash: 500
happy birthday man!!!

BenchBrawl is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:54 AM
  #635
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos
 
Sturminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: West Egg, New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 7,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm View Post
I don't know if anyone still cares about this craziness, but:

"Ronaiah Tuiasosopo to Dr. Phil McGraw -- voice his, Manti Te'o not in on it - 3 hours ago
In an interview with Dr. Phil McGraw that will air Thursday, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo says the voice of Manti Te'o girlfriend Lennay Kekua was his and Te'o had no role in the hoax."

“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love. I asked him straight up, 'Was this a romantic relationship with you?' And he says yes. I said, 'Are you then therefore gay?' And he said, 'When you put it that way, yes.' And then he caught himself and said 'I am confused.' ” -- Dr. Phil McGraw, on Ronaiah Tuiasosopo http://espn.go.com/chicago/college-f...nti-teo-not-it
I think this is all-time, hall of fame trolling, and that Manti T'eo is guilty of nothing more than being the kind of idiot who would "committ" himself to a relationship with a girl who he had never seen in the flesh.

Sturminator is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:01 AM
  #636
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I think this is all-time, hall of fame trolling, and that Manti T'eo is guilty of nothing more than being the kind of idiot who would "committ" himself to a relationship with a girl who he had never seen in the flesh.
I've heard a bit about this story. Can someone give me a short resume?

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
  #637
jkrx
Registered User
 
jkrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
I've heard a bit about this story. Can someone give me a short resume?
Basically this moron hooked up with a girl on twitter which he said he met etc. Then she died and there was a big commotion. He made a big deal out of all of this. Even some charity work I think. Turned out to be a friend of his who had made a fake account.

jkrx is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:00 AM
  #638
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos
 
Sturminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: West Egg, New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 7,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Basically this moron hooked up with a girl on twitter which he said he met etc. Then she died and there was a big commotion. He made a big deal out of all of this. Even some charity work I think. Turned out to be a friend of his who had made a fake account.
A male friend of his who was in love with him. The whole thing is just bizarre. Reminds me of Gay Girl in Damascus, the dude who had that fake twitter account of a lesbian in Damascus during the beginning of the Syrian revolution.

Further proof that there are no women on the internets, just smelly dudes pretending to be *****es for the lulz.

Sturminator is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:04 AM
  #639
jkrx
Registered User
 
jkrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
A male friend of his who was in love with him. The whole thing is just bizarre. Reminds me of Gay Girl in Damascus, the dude who had that fake twitter account of a lesbian in Damascus during the beginning of the Syrian revolution.

Further proof that there are no women on the internets, just smelly dudes pretending to be *****es for the lulz.
It's bizarre indeed.

jkrx is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:08 AM
  #640
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Basically this moron hooked up with a girl on twitter which he said he met etc. Then she died and there was a big commotion. He made a big deal out of all of this. Even some charity work I think. Turned out to be a friend of his who had made a fake account.
But did he told people that he met her before? I don't think he's a moron, more of a very sad human being.

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:16 AM
  #641
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
But did he told people that he met her before? I don't think he's a moron, more of a very sad human being.
It's definitely a combo of him being a moron and then lying to the press about it in order to not seem like a moron.

vecens24 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:30 AM
  #642
DoMakc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
IMO the whole become the story only because of a sad state of sports, where you not allowed to be gay.

DoMakc is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
  #643
Hawkman
Moderator
Maddon MLB 15
 
Hawkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
I disagree. Bentley deserved to fall but was a strong pick where you took him and Shanny is a great compliment to him.
Agreed. I almost took Shanny the pick before you.

Hawkman is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:29 AM
  #644
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
I'm starting to think GM:ing this was'nt such a great idea due to my timezone. I've had two bad choices in a row now, at last subdoing to conventional wisdom.
Yeah you've definitely done fine so far. Both of those guys were people we looked at and may have taken (Bentley more than Shanny).

Just because I made the observation that I think Doug Bentley may have been better than Max doesn't mean it was a bad pick. They were both good picks where they were selected. We're just used to seeing Max go in the second round, which I think is about a round too high for him.

vecens24 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:03 PM
  #645
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos
 
Sturminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: West Egg, New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 7,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
I'm starting to think GM:ing this was'nt such a great idea due to my timezone. I've had two bad choices in a row now, at last subdoing to conventional wisdom.
You're doing fine, and people in our timezone have had plenty of success in the ATD over the years. Hell, nik jr was a finalist last year.

Sturminator is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
  #646
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
You're doing fine, and people in our timezone have had plenty of success in the ATD over the years. Hell, nik jr was a finalist last year.
'Our' timezone? Are you in NY or actually in Ukraine? Hell, what's the deal with the Ukraine flag? And does a place called West Egg seriously exist?

Sorry, I always wondered about those things.

MadArcand is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:43 PM
  #647
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos
 
Sturminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: West Egg, New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 7,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
'Our' timezone? Are you in NY or actually in Ukraine? Hell, what's the deal with the Ukraine flag? And does a place called West Egg seriously exist?

Sorry, I always wondered about those things.
I live close to Frankfurt, Germany these days. I am originally from New York, though I also lived in San Francisco for some time. West Egg is a literary reference. The Ukrainian flag is just representing my peeps, as the kids would say. My mother's family immigrated from the Ukraine (big Odessa) to Brooklyn (little Odessa) in the 1910's as tzarist Russia was disintegrating, which was a pretty sweet move in retrospect.

I like creative scoringlines, hook-checking from center ice, puckmoving defensemen, and long, slow, deep statistical analysis that makes your want to shut your eyes and think of Don Cherry. Any more questions?

Sturminator is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
  #648
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I live close to Frankfurt, Germany these days. I am originally from New York, though I also lived in San Francisco for some time. West Egg is a literary reference. The Ukrainian flag is just representing my peeps, as the kids would say. My mother's family immigrated from the Ukraine (big Odessa) to Brooklyn (little Odessa) in the 1910's as tzarist Russia was disintegrating, which was a pretty sweet move in retrospect.

I like creative scoringlines, hook-checking from center ice, puckmoving defensemen, and long, slow, deep statistical analysis that makes your want to shut your eyes and think of Don Cherry. Any more questions?
Pizza or kebab?

Nah, thanks for the in-depth reply.

MadArcand is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:16 PM
  #649
Hawkman
Moderator
Maddon MLB 15
 
Hawkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 500
If anyone uses a flag that's not North American (except jkrx & hobnobs) I assume they're from North America, because some people do it to be cool. I knew where Sturm lives. I might use Sweden or Holland someday, because I'm half of each. I realize Holland is a weak hockey country. Is low population the only reason Norway is weak in hockey or is there something else culturally that I'm not aware of? My son's godfather Egil grew up in Norway, but I keep forgetting to ask him.

Hawkman is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:32 PM
  #650
Hobnobs
Pinko
 
Hobnobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm View Post
If anyone uses a flag that's not North American (except jkrx & hobnobs) I assume they're from North America, because some people do it to be cool. I knew where Sturm lives. I might use Sweden or Holland someday, because I'm half of each. I realize Holland is a weak hockey country. Is low population the only reason Norway is weak in hockey or is there something else culturally that I'm not aware of? My son's godfather Egil grew up in Norway, but I keep forgetting to ask him.
Norway focuses more on other winter sports like skiing and skijumping. Its the only thing norway has.. oh and oil!

Hobnobs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.