HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pisani hurt. Is it Rita time?

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Hemsky4PM

vCash: 500
Pisani hurt. Is it Rita time?

I would love to see Rita come up, hopefully Pisani isn't hurt too long. Laraque was sat again tonight and Rita deserves a call.

Here are his stats:

21GP 8G 10A 18P +10 (highest on Runners) 10PIM 66SOG

Old
12-14-2003, 05:43 PM
FacelessButcher

Anyone see him get hurt I didn't. Its also possible he was traded along with Comrie so they had to take him out of the game (seen it happen before right in the middle of a game).

Old
12-14-2003, 05:46 PM
Allan

He left with Ken Lowe, who came back and talked to MacTavish for a minute. Sounds like an injury to me.
If Lowe put together a package including Pisani, then somebody from the Ducks roster would be involved, too. When did you see this happen before?

Old
12-14-2003, 05:46 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

i would like to see rita get another chance. seems to me rita has been playing very well lately, sounds like he is willing to do what it takes to make it to the nhl. i would like to see thoughts from dawgbone or any of you who see him regularly. thank you.

Old
12-14-2003, 05:50 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
i would like to see rita get another chance. seems to me rita has been playing very well lately, sounds like he is willing to do what it takes to make it to the nhl. i would like to see thoughts from dawgbone or any of you who see him regularly. thank you.
If you asked me in the first 10 games if Rita deserved a callup, it was a big fat no. But in the past 3 weeks, he has been awesome, and even though he had a bit of a setback because of an injury, he has been extremely consistant everynight.

The only person I see getting a callup in front of Rita at this time is Wright, and that is solely because Wright has been awesome on the PK, and the Oilers really need that help.

However, I could see both of them getting the call, as Allen is up, meaning the Oilers have 2 defencemen sitting out, which is unneccesary.

Old
12-14-2003, 06:12 PM
jadeddog

i would also like to see rita get called up...... if hes playing this well and doesnt get a shot, it sends him a negative message (as well as all other players in the system)

Old
12-14-2003, 06:37 PM
The Rage

We need to start some Rita chants the next time the Oil are at the drug den.

Old
12-14-2003, 06:49 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
He left with Ken Lowe, who came back and talked to MacTavish for a minute. Sounds like an injury to me.
If Lowe put together a package including Pisani, then somebody from the Ducks roster would be involved, too. When did you see this happen before?
Shoulder injury, they didn't say on the broadcast what the extent of the injury is, but I assume he'll be day-to-day at best meaning he won't play vs. LA.

Old
12-14-2003, 07:11 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I want to see Rita get called up, but I think Salmo might get the call ahead of him.

Old
12-14-2003, 08:18 PM
jadeddog

salmo played pretty good when he had his chance, well enough that i think he deserves another chance, that much i think most people would agree upon..... but i think the oilers are eventually going to have to evaluate what they have in rita ...... and they will never actually "know" until they bring him up for some more games (as the 12 games last year were not enough, though rita played well in those games - 3g, 1a, +2) .... we need to find out if rita is going to be what we think he should this year.... he was drafted in 99, that was 3 and a half years ago - its time we figure out if this guy is for real or not..... because if he is or is not i would assume it'll change the way the oilers prepare for this years draft somewhat

Old
12-14-2003, 10:06 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
i would also like to see rita get called up...... if hes playing this well and doesnt get a shot, it sends him a negative message (as well as all other players in the system)
Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one player gets a look-see on the eastern conference road swing that starts the new year. It seems to me every year that the Oilers' MO is to call up a player that is a short flight or even a bus from the farm team. It seems to be their cost-cutting method of calling a farm guy to be in a game or two and give them a chance to stick.

Until then, it would have to be a pretty good injury to Pisani IMO. If a centre went down they might be more tempted to have a Roadrunner catch up to them on the road.

Old
12-15-2003, 06:19 AM
Oilersyul89

Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilswell
Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one player gets a look-see on the eastern conference road swing that starts the new year. It seems to me every year that the Oilers' MO is to call up a player that is a short flight or even a bus from the farm team. It seems to be their cost-cutting method of calling a farm guy to be in a game or two and give them a chance to stick.

Until then, it would have to be a pretty good injury to Pisani IMO. If a centre went down they might be more tempted to have a Roadrunner catch up to them on the road.
The Journal sais that Pisani was hurt and came back late in the 3rd. As far as the team has released, he is healthy. Sorry Jani..no soup for you!

Old
12-15-2003, 06:26 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny08
The Journal sais that Pisani was hurt and came back late in the 3rd. As far as the team has released, he is healthy. Sorry Jani..no soup for you!
Ah, but now Laraque has supposedly injured his thumb again...

As much as I got on Jani for his mediocre camp, IMO his play has earned a callup, or at least he deserves it as much as Salmo or Sarno.

Old
12-15-2003, 06:31 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny08
The Journal should also look at the shift chart. Pisani did not return according to the shift chart on nhl.com

12-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Oilersyul89

Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
The Journal should also look at the shift chart. Pisani did not return according to the shift chart on nhl.com
I saw the game, and yes he did not return, but I thought I spotted him on the bench. Maybe he was hurting, and MacT decided not to risk it.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:26 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Ah, but now Laraque has supposedly injured his thumb again...

As much as I got on Jani for his mediocre camp, IMO his play has earned a callup, or at least he deserves it as much as Salmo or Sarno.
Actually IMO, he played pretty damn good in camp. He was probably the best forward (maybe second to Reasoner) through the start in Sherwood Park. Then he scored in his first preseason game - then all of a sudden he's on the fourth line.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Big T

If Vito Pizza is hurt that really makes me wish we had a quality second line centre. I think York would be fantastic on the right side with Reasoner and Moreau.

It will happen one day.

T

Old
12-15-2003, 10:56 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T
If Vito Pizza is hurt that really makes me wish we had a quality second line centre. I think York would be fantastic on the right side with Reasoner and Moreau.

It will happen one day.

T
I too have thought that would be an excellent spot for York to play as then you'd be able to really load the special teams minutes on him.

Old
12-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Any word on the extent of how serious Pisani's injury is.

Closed Thread