HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC on Fox: Johnson vs Dodson

Old
01-26-2013, 09:22 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
another great ufc event. fox events are bar none top of the class

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:18 PM
End of Line
Human After All

vCash: 500
Mike Chiappetta MMA ‏@MikeChiappetta
Dana White says Pettis will get the next title shot vs. Henderson vs. Melendez winner. Pettis says if it's guaranteed, he's waiting. #UFC

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Kitten Mittons

Don't guarantee it, Dana. He's had a long break already. Let him fight Diaz, I wanna see him get humiliated again.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:25 AM
BGDDYKWL

I never really knew much about Cerrone until he came over from the WEC, and while he looked impressive against Siver, I'm a little surprised at how badly he's gotten dominated in his two hyped fights (Diaz, Pettis). He seems to have solid striking, and is huge for a 155er, but it just doesn't seem to always translate (at least not in those two fights).

I have a feeling I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a Pettis fan at all. I hope Bendo whoops him real good. He tries that cartwheel kick like something out of a movie, then this time goes for a knee off the fence (granted it landed). I could be wrong, but it would seem to me that it would take an awfully cocky guy to actually practice those maneuvers.

Definitely was cool to see Rampage being his usual self at the weigh-in. He certainly looked in shape for the fight, and while he got taken down a little easier than I think he would've in his prime (and seemed to gas a little quicker too) I think it's pretty much just like he said in his post-fight interview where he's probably just at a point now where he won't be able to beat the top guys. Not sure if everyone heard, but after the fight he told Glover he was a fan of his. That was really cool. Toward the end of that fight you really felt like you were watching yet another of the legends on his way out. It's a little tough for sure. I know the guys today are fantastic, and we're likely seeing more talented guys than ever before (and it's still great to watch), but it's just not quite the same (at least for me).

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:05 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
4-0

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:15 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

event avg 3.77 million viewers which is damn similar to the last ufc on fox ratings

Old
01-29-2013, 12:05 PM
DaaaaB's

I agree with the decision in the main event. I wish Dodson had finished MM though, at least he has some power.

Rampage looked ok until he gassed. Glover was pretty good but he'll get destroyed by Jones if/when they fight.

Pettis, Lamas and Grant all looked great. Guida sucked again, I hate watching him fight unless it's against a guy he can't take down. The Janitor's done, Russow's hands looked good but couldn't make up for him being a fat slob. Fun card to watch.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
event avg 3.77 million viewers which is damn similar to the last ufc on fox ratings
Higher than last card which is surprising 'cause last card was ****ing awesome.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
It's higher cause those people watched the last card.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:53 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
honestly do you care ratings wise of about 300000? for me that is pretty close and the hype from the last ufc could have piqued interest for this last event.

i know overall what id consider a success for the ufc is no more ppvs with ufc being on fox 2 times a month or maybe 3 in some months.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Captain_Cunney

As a honorary fan xlub member, TJ grant is getting better, that was a ground guy throwing viscious Thai elbows! Against Dunham his boxing was outstanding, now this improvement. He's becoming very complete & his requested matchup with miller would have been a dirty slug fest. Dos Janos could be a logical fight as far as rankings go.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:29 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

This could be nothing or it could be something, but the judge who scored Guida/Hioki 30-27 in favor of Guida is a fellow Illinois resident and is Facebook friends with Clay.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...acebook-friend

I don't think there's some big conspiracy or anything but that's a conflict of interests.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
This could be nothing or it could be something, but the judge who scored Guida/Hioki 30-27 in favor of Guida is a fellow Illinois resident and is Facebook friends with Clay.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...acebook-friend

I don't think there's some big conspiracy or anything but that's a conflict of interests.
It sure makes me wonder.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Captain_Cunney

I'm not sure it's a story yet but hopefully it doesn't happen again, he should not have been judging that fight. The bigger problem is still the one that has dogged mma for a while, judges are clueless as far as awarding fighters who are highly active off their back.

Clay & hioki basically neutralized each other the entire time & should had been scores that way, IMO. Clay could impose his will the way he usually does & pass guard, where as hioki couldn't actually lock anything on even though he was close.

Just bad match making for a change, 2 guys with top level ground skills that ended up neutralizing each other. The fight should have been scored for TDs (Guida), striking (hioki) & aggression (prob guIda).

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote