HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kopitar or O'Sullivan

Old
06-28-2006, 01:24 AM
RightKinger

vCash: 500
Kopitar or O'Sullivan

Who do you think is our best prospect?
I still think its Kopitar. I'm just glad we have them both.
Lombardi

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 01:26 AM
nikolai19

I don't care, I want them both in the lineup next year.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 01:30 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I would say Kopitar. He is the type of player who can make his linemates better. O'Sullivan can also get his linemates to be productive but he's all about creating his own scoring opportunities.

Kopitar could develop to the type of center Olli Jokinen has become. You don't see many highlight reels featuring Olli scoring pretty goals, but he has a deadly accurate shot and is a great passer.

O'Sullivan will be a more explosive, shifty player along the likes of a Steve Sullivan (hey, their names being similar is just a coincidence!).

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 01:41 AM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
I would say Kopitar. He is the type of player who can make his linemates better. O'Sullivan can also get his linemates to be productive but he's all about creating his own scoring opportunities.

Kopitar could develop to the type of center Olli Jokinen has become. You don't see many highlight reels featuring Olli scoring pretty goals, but he has a deadly accurate shot and is a great passer.

O'Sullivan will be a more explosive, shifty player along the likes of a Steve Sullivan (hey, their names being similar is just a coincidence!).
Kopitar is flashy too. I would say he has the potential to be a better goal scorer than Jokinen. Kopitar has more moves than Jokinen.
In terms of style
Kopitar - Sundin
O'Sullivan - ???

Old
06-28-2006, 01:56 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Until I am proven otherwise, ie. Kopitar is playing in NA I am going to go with O'Sullivan.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 03:13 AM
Mindcircus

Win win situation either way since both should be very good players for the Kings. As for my choice, i don't have one cause i haven't seen any prospect play.

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 03:25 AM
Osprey

It depends on what you're judging by. Kopitar likely has higher-end potential, but O'Sullivan is closer to making an impact in the NHL. My personal tendency is to lean towards nearer impact over higher potential when comparing prospects, so I'd go with O'Sullivan, but that's just me.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
It depends on what you're judging by. Kopitar likely has higher-end potential, but O'Sullivan is closer to making an impact in the NHL. My personal tendency is to lean towards nearer impact over higher potential when comparing prospects, so I'd go with O'Sullivan, but that's just me.
IMO O'Sullivan's ceiling tends to get a bit underestimated because of where he fell in the draft (the 2nd round due to "character" issues). He is as skilled a prospect as you'll find and has produced exceptionally well at every level. Until Kopitar comes to North America and proves the same, I think O'Sullivan gets the nod here.

Last edited by Rabid Ranger: 06-28-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Rabid Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Mr. T

O'Sullivan as of right now and Kopitar in two years. The Kings are going to be stacked in a few years.

Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 10:50 AM
McSorley 33

I'm just happy that we have both. I wonder if Kopitar's rating is going to go up. Should he be an 8.5 like Sullivan or am I crazy. Losing Jeff T and now getting Sullivan makes that bad trade, in my opinion, go away.

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Well, all I know is Sully tore up the AHL in his rookie season to win rookie of the year and also was 3rd in the league in goals. That speaks volumes for me.

"O’Sullivan, 21, won the Dudley “Red” Garrett Award as the top rookie in the American Hockey League in 2005-06. Skating for the Houston Aeros, O’Sullivan finished third in the entire league with 47 goals and fourth with 93 points in 78 games."

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2006/06/24/1651636.html

So, it's O'Sullivan for me.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 04:14 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33
I'm just happy that we have both. I wonder if Kopitar's rating is going to go up. Should he be an 8.5 like Sullivan or am I crazy. Losing Jeff T and now getting Sullivan makes that bad trade, in my opinion, go away.

I think his rating should go up to 8.5B too especially with his showing in the WC for Slovenia. D.A.R.E. can you change the rating of a prospect or does it have to stay the same once the rating is assigned? Alot of people would even pick Kopitar over O'Sullivan.

Last edited by RightKinger: 06-30-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old
06-30-2006, 04:41 PM
McSorley 33

For as good as Sullivan is, it just shows you how good Anza is supposed to be. I believe though, Anza is the better prospect betweem the two. DL made a great move trading for O'Sullivan. We will all see it this year or next.

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 04:47 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
DL made a great move trading for O'Sullivan. We will all see it this year or next.

And will we all choose to forget the fact that in 2003 at the draft in Nashville, O'Sullivan was passed up by the last regieme in more than one slot?

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 04:49 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
And will we all choose to forget the fact that in 2003 at the draft in Nashville, O'Sullivan was passed up by the last regieme in more than one slot?
He was passed up by alot of teams. Hey atleast we have him now so who cares.

Old
06-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Jebus
That boulder?

and Push. Rock and Roll!

Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 07:26 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Losing Jeff T and now getting Sullivan makes that bad trade, in my opinion, go away.

Err, no it doesn't. If not for that trade, the Kings would have both now. And I'm still not convinced that it's time to give up on Grebeshkov. He's still young, and he still has a crapload of talent. He may yet develop into a good NHL d-man.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote