HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - 1/31/13 - 7PM EST - NESN (TV), 98.5 FM (Radio)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 08:29 AM
  #76
lopey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay ON Canad
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
If you need a good laugh this morning go read Buffalo's game thread haha
Wow six games into the season and they are already jumping ship. And I thought we were bad when the B's go on a slide, these guys are almost suicidal

lopey is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
  #77
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
This is an example of why I dont want Looch constantly throwing with mutton heads:

Callahan out 10-14 days with shoulder injury
Callahan, who scored the winning goal against the Flyers, was injured early in the third period during a scuffle with Philadelphia forward Max Talbot.

After undergoing an MRI on Wednesday, Callahan was diagnosed with a subluxation of his left shoulder. The forward was dragged down by the arm by Talbot and immediately skated off. His left arm dangled as Callahan went down the tunnel to the locker room

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/...oulder_injury/
I think the worst looch would get is a broken nose.. which means he'll be out for a period haha.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:32 AM
  #78
lopey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay ON Canad
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
This is an example of why I dont want Looch constantly throwing with mutton heads:

Callahan out 10-14 days with shoulder injury
Callahan, who scored the winning goal against the Flyers, was injured early in the third period during a scuffle with Philadelphia forward Max Talbot.

After undergoing an MRI on Wednesday, Callahan was diagnosed with a subluxation of his left shoulder. The forward was dragged down by the arm by Talbot and immediately skated off. His left arm dangled as Callahan went down the tunnel to the locker room

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/...oulder_injury/
100% agree, Lucic is to valuable to be fighting slugs every game. He keeps it up and its just a matter of time before he gets injured.

lopey is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:33 AM
  #79
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky
 
Ference the Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,242
vCash: 500
Fantastic job with the GDT, Marshmont! You're in midseason form!

Really excited for tonight's game. I think Buffalo want's to engage in the rough stuff, but I think if they do it play right into the Bruins' hands. I think we'll see at LEAST a couple of fights, and possibly even a brawl.

I get the feeling Seguin will start loking like the guy we expect him to be, starting tonight. I also expect Horton to continue his scoring streak. (Is it too much to predict Tuukka with a shutout as well?)

Ference the Finger is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:35 AM
  #80
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 22,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I agree with you.
Also, I'd partner Dougie with Z for the night. You want to run the kid? You may want to think twice about that with Mount Chara after your ass the rest of the night.
Good idea. Johnny Boychuk can take care of himself.

I don't know if Doug can fight or not but even if he can it would be better to have Captain Z riding shotgun with him.

Forgot to add- great GDT Marshmont!

BMC is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:38 AM
  #81
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Good idea. Johnny Boychuk can take care of himself.

I don't know if Doug can fight or not but even if he can it would be better to have Captain Z riding shotgun with him.

Forgot to add- great GDT Marshmont!
screw the hand holding. put him out there with A. Johnson and lets see what he's really made of.

I'd think he'd be just fine btw.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
  #82
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey View Post
100% agree, Lucic is to valuable to be fighting slugs every game. He keeps it up and its just a matter of time before he gets injured.
if slugs get him pissed off every game then he should be given complete discretion on how he wants to handle it. The last thing we need is for frustration to set in because coach (or wifey or somebody) tells him that you can't score from the penalty box cr*p.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:47 AM
  #83
lopey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay ON Canad
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
if slugs get him pissed off every game then he should be given complete discretion on how he wants to handle it. The last thing we need is for frustration to set in because coach (or wifey or somebody) tells him that you can't score from the penalty box cr*p.
I don't want to Lucic handcuffed, but he does need to pick and chose when he fights and with who, just like Neely used to. If Lucic continues to fight at this pace, teams will try and goad him into fights he has no business being involved in, like fighting Scott. We lose big time on that exchange.

lopey is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:48 AM
  #84
whatsbruin
Registered User
 
whatsbruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,442
vCash: 500
Great GDT.
I know the time and effort it takes for something like that.

But for the rest of the GDT makers, you set the bar awful high.

whatsbruin is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:51 AM
  #85
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 19,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey View Post
I don't want to Lucic handcuffed, but he does need to pick and chose when he fights and with who, just like Neely used to. If Lucic continues to fight at this pace, teams will try and goad him into fights he has no business being involved in, like fighting Scott. We lose big time on that exchange.
Neely never had any coach pick his spots for him. The only bad decision he made was fighting Brashear when he was cooked. I trust Lucic to drop the gloves if he feels like it.

Fire Julien is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
  #86
lopey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay ON Canad
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Neely never had any coach pick his spots for him. The only bad decision he made was fighting Brashear when he was cooked. I trust Lucic to drop the gloves if he feels like it.
As long as he is smart about who he fights and when he fights I have no problems with it. I just don't want to see him bust up his hand or get concussed from a fight.

lopey is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:09 AM
  #87
TSBruins13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
I'm not on board with all of the "Lucic shouldn't be fighting.." talk. If he was putting up 50 goals a season then yes, I would agree. The fact of the matter is he is best when playing with an edge and fighting when needed. He instills a sense of fear in most of the other 1st lines of other teams because he demonstrates physicality and they know that they will be in trouble if they get out of line.

Maybe I just value Lucic's intangible contributions more than his point scoring...but..

I hope he drops it with Scott tonight and knocks that big oaf out.

TSBruins13 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 AM
  #88
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star
 
ToddRundgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Neely never had any coach pick his spots for him. The only bad decision he made was fighting Brashear when he was cooked. I trust Lucic to drop the gloves if he feels like it.
100% agreed.

ToddRundgren is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
  #89
MioneRask134
Queen in the North
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 12,068
vCash: 500
All I want is for someone to drop Ott on his ass. I hate that smug pos.

Also, we shouldn't be worried about Hamilton. He can handle himself. He can be reckless too! (see his hit to the head that got him suspended last season). Chara has his back, but the kid can def hit back.

Should be a good game. We always get the juices flowing during games with the Sabres.

What will be the odds Miller gets a goalie interference call against us tonight?

MioneRask134 is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:23 AM
  #90
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 38,335
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
if slugs get him pissed off every game then he should be given complete discretion on how he wants to handle it. The last thing we need is for frustration to set in because coach (or wifey or somebody) tells him that you can't score from the penalty box cr*p.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey View Post
I don't want to Lucic handcuffed, but he does need to pick and chose when he fights and with who, just like Neely used to. If Lucic continues to fight at this pace, teams will try and goad him into fights he has no business being involved in, like fighting Scott. We lose big time on that exchange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Neely never had any coach pick his spots for him. The only bad decision he made was fighting Brashear when he was cooked. I trust Lucic to drop the gloves if he feels like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
100% agreed.
Lucic plays 17-19 minutes a game. There are 60 minutes in a game. What difference does it make if he spends 5 of the 41-43 minutes he spends on the bench in the penalty box? He is at the age where it should be 100% up to him. He has a feel for when he needs to do it. I hope Julien doesn't get involved tonight. If he wants Scott, let him have Scott.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:27 AM
  #91
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
All I want is for someone to drop Ott on his ass. I hate that smug pos.
I'm sure he will drop them with Campbell or Ference. He's been challenged by every Bruin multiple times.

Therick67 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:29 AM
  #92
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I'm sure he will drop them with Campbell or Ference. He's been challeneged by every Bruin multiple times.
I have a feeling he is going to get jumped, going to really enjoy watching it

Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:32 AM
  #93
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 22,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
I have a feeling he is going to get jumped, going to really enjoy watching it
For the record this would not bother me in the slightest. Ott is a major p.o.s.

BMC is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:32 AM
  #94
Scotto74
Moderator
Back in Blue!
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,810
vCash: 500
Didn't they already try to settle the score with looch last year?

how did that work out for them?

why do they think it would be different this year?

__________________
Love the city, hate the Hab™


BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:32 AM
  #95
Scotto74
Moderator
Back in Blue!
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,810
vCash: 500
oh ya


Is it game time yet

Scotto74 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:36 AM
  #96
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
For the record this would not bother me in the slightest. Ott is a major p.o.s.
Ya I see him taking a run at someone and it spiraling into a glorious **** show.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
  #97
Bmessy
Registered User
 
Bmessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Allston, MA
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Lucic is at his best when he plays this type of game. North-South, nothing too fancy, hard along the boards, throwing hits and fighting. Obviously 3 fights every 4 games is something we can't have him doing, but he strikes fear into opponents playing that way and he can't stray away from it totally. I say one of Thornton/Lucic/Ferrence/Campbell will have a fight tonight. Maybe all four who knows. I just want to see Ott bleed

Bmessy is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:45 AM
  #98
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,254
vCash: 500
im always torn between what I'd like to see lucic doing.

I want him to play his game with no worries. Knowing your the baddest mf'r on the ice does something to his game. However, sitting a player for 5 mins straight isn't the best thing in the world when Horton + Lucic are running a good forecheck.

Confusing the situation even more, I'd love to see Lucic go with Scott. Could you imagine buffalo during the 1st intermission.

"well, now what. ****"

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:51 AM
  #99
duckchobbins
Registered User
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
Fantastic job with the GDT, Marshmont! You're in midseason form!

Really excited for tonight's game. I think Buffalo want's to engage in the rough stuff, but I think if they do it play right into the Bruins' hands. I think we'll see at LEAST a couple of fights, and possibly even a brawl.

I get the feeling Seguin will start loking like the guy we expect him to be, starting tonight. I also expect Horton to continue his scoring streak. (Is it too much to predict Tuukka with a shutout as well?)
You're really pushing your luck now. Next, you'll predict that another sausage gets hurled onto the ice.

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:53 AM
  #100
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 22,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
screw the hand holding. put him out there with A. Johnson and lets see what he's really made of.

I'd think he'd be just fine btw.
I'd go for that for the Bruins second meeting with the Sabres.

First one you break the kid in gently. Hence the 6-9 shotgun

BMC is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.