HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL II

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 11:22 PM
INDhockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Capitals are 0-3-1, finally picking up their first point tonight. Yes, the Capitals team with Ovechkin and Backstrom. Things could be a lot worse, and selling everything for a top line forward won't magically fix it.
Rangers and Flyers are 1-3. Kings 0-2-1. Penquins just lost to the jets even though they got 2 goals from Crosby in the 1st period and are 2-2.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:46 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

But ... but ... we should be 18-0-0 in just four games.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
But ... but ... we should be 18-0-0 in just four games.
Short season, we should have at least clinched a playoff berth.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:43 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
God I hate Red Wings fans. Booing a player that has no ties what so ever to their franchise because he wouldn't sign with all mighty Detroit as a free agent. Give me a freaking break. I would hate Suter a hell of a lot more if he played with Detroit though.
I think it's funny personally. Now 2 teams he plays will be booing the crap out of him.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:44 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
Short season, we should have at least clinched a playoff berth.
That's it! I'm throwin in the towel. Preds suck, I hate this team, we're screwed.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Firestorm

Suter has a team leading -4 so far on the Wild.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Deliverance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
Suter has a team leading -4 so far on the Wild.
Today 3 goals were more or less caused by his sloppy play.
-Left his man (that scored) because chasing the player with the puck. Overplayed.
-Just stood in there while player was standing right in front of goalie, blocking Backstrom's vision quite effectively.
-Let his man to score OT-winning goal in front of the net.

and all of there happened on 5 on 5.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:31 PM
NoNecksCurse

suter is the whipping boy right now over on the wilds board .. lol hope he continues to suck

Old
01-27-2013, 11:37 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Suter has been on the ice for 13 of 15 of MN GA

Old
01-28-2013, 03:25 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Suter has been on the ice for 13 of 15 of MN GA
Wow! Hope he's enjoying the paycheck.

Well, I know he is, because I would too.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Firestorm

As a sidenote, I think it's really sad how many people spell Sutter instead of Suter, it makes me feel sick sometimes.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Liquidfire3240

Well, veteran or not.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...iled-physical/

Old
01-28-2013, 08:30 PM
NoNecksCurse

damn, what a play and goal by nathan horton. wish one of our forwards would make a play like that.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
damn, what a play and goal by nathan horton. wish one of our forwards would make a play like that.
He didn't cost that much to acquire either.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:08 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
He didn't cost that much to acquire either.
nope..

Old
01-31-2013, 08:06 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Looking like that thread holding up the Yotes has finally snapped. Looks like Jamison can't convince any investors to join in.

Quote:
The NHL has owned the team for almost four years and, barring the emergence of a new suitor willing to start from scratch with the City of Glendale on a lease if things fall apart this week, it would seem inevitable the league will begin the process of relocation.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...ording-sources

Old
01-31-2013, 09:05 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Looking like that thread holding up the Yotes has finally snapped. Looks like Jamison can't convince any investors to join in.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...ording-sources
Can anyone blame them? Phoenix is the only team in the league averaging fewer than 15,000 fans a game, and they went to the Western Conference Finals last year. That's pretty astounding to me. The market has just completely given up on them. Even during our darkest hour when it looked like Balsillie was going to buy the team, our attendance didn't bottom out the way Phoneix's has.

They need to be sold and moved this summer. Quebec, Seattle, Kansas City, doesn't matter. Four years of league stewardship without a bite means it's time to cut bait.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:40 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quebec City Coyotes...let's just hope they bring back the Nordiques jerseys.

On a happier note, someone suggested a new Toronto franchise be named the Toronto Saurus Rexes.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:13 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Can anyone blame them? Phoenix is the only team in the league averaging fewer than 15,000 fans a game, and they went to the Western Conference Finals last year. That's pretty astounding to me. The market has just completely given up on them. Even during our darkest hour when it looked like Balsillie was going to buy the team, our attendance didn't bottom out the way Phoneix's has.

They need to be sold and moved this summer. Quebec, Seattle, Kansas City, doesn't matter. Four years of league stewardship without a bite means it's time to cut bait.
I really feel like a jerk admitting this, as I hate hypocrites, but part of me is bitter about that vote keeping the Yotes in Glendale. Just can't help it. I keep thinking "What if? What if the counsel knew that it's a money pit and good workers will be laid off in order to keep the team for just two more years." In other words, it should have been them.

I do feel for the few diehards, though. It sucks.

That said...with Atlanta $pirit openly admitting that they never wanted a hockey team, we most likely would have moved next anyways. sigh.

Go Preds.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:23 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I really feel like a jerk admitting this, as I hate hypocrites, but part of me is bitter about that vote keeping the Yotes in Glendale. Just can't help it. I keep thinking "What if? What if the counsel knew that it's a money pit and good workers will be laid off in order to keep the team for just two more years." In other words, it should have been them.

I do feel for the few diehards, though. It sucks.

That said...with Atlanta $pirit openly admitting that they never wanted a hockey team, we most likely would have moved next anyways. sigh.
The major difference between the Coyotes and the Thrashers always was the existence of a valid lease binding the team to the arena. That detail probably comes into play if the Jamison financing does fall through and the league then looks for an ownership group looking to relocate the franchise under league rules because I expect Glendale to do everything they can to mitigate their losses on the building.

A valid lease for a couple of years along with the leauge's demand of a promise to remain in place for seven years is what kept the Penguins in Pittsburgh .... the "out clause" in the Preds former lease is what made us a target for Balsillie. The lack of a lease or one that the teams couldn't easily get out of facilitated Quebec, Winnipeg, Hartford, Atlanta, and Edmonton (sale and relocation to Houston approved, Edmonton Investors Group stepped in at last second to keep team in place) sales and/or relocations.

The next 24-48 hours should reveal which headline is correct ... today's that the deal is on the verge of collapse or Tuesday's that said Jamision was about to close and keep the team in place.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:28 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
The major difference between the Coyotes and the Thrashers always was the existence of a valid lease binding the team to the arena. That detail probably comes into play if the Jamison financing does fall through and the league then looks for an ownership group looking to relocate the franchise under league rules because I expect Glendale to do everything they can to mitigate their losses on the building.

A valid lease for a couple of years along with the leauge's demand of a promise to remain in place for seven years is what kept the Penguins in Pittsburgh .... the "out clause" in the Preds former lease is what made us a target for Balsillie. The lack of a lease or one that the teams couldn't easily get out of facilitated Quebec, Winnipeg, Hartford, Atlanta, and Edmonton (sale and relocation to Houston approved, Edmonton Investors Group stepped in at last second to keep team in place) sales and/or relocations.

The next 24-48 hours should reveal which headline is correct ... today's that the deal is on the verge of collapse or Tuesday's that said Jamision was about to close and keep the team in place.
I'll try to find the link, but I believe that even Mark Chipman admitted that, if that counsel vote went the other way, it would have been the Yotes moving back. I think he even said that they were shocked it wasn't them.

Edit: Well, here's a start...

Quote:
"When it became certain that Glendale had again purchased a placeholder position for next year, we immediately moved all our assets to one track and commenced the intense process that lead to our announcement just over two weeks ago."
http://www.examiner.com/article/chip...arallel-tracks

Old
01-31-2013, 10:41 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I'll try to find the link, but I believe that even Mark Chipman admitted that, if that counsel vote went the other way, it would have been the Yotes moving back. I think he even said that they were shocked it wasn't them.

Edit: Well, here's a start...

http://www.examiner.com/article/chip...arallel-tracks

Bankruptcy wasn't enough to provide an escape from the current lease in Glendale as Moyes and Balsillie hoped. Every new agreement between the city and potential buyer of the team focused on changes in sharing ratios of arena generated revenues ... never gave the out the league will need. The council is unlikely to vote to allow the tenant out of the building without a substantial "penalty" ... and if they don't vote to grant that permission to leave, there is an existing lease.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:07 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I know that as a Predators fan I should be empathetic, and I am--for the fans of the Coyotes, but I can't say that I think hockey is ever going to work in Glendale, and it's probably for the good of the league if the team is relocated.

It would be like if the Predators' arena was located in Murfreesboro instead of downtown. It was a bad idea from the start, and it's put the team into a hopeless situation.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:09 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Bankruptcy wasn't enough to provide an escape from the current lease in Glendale as Moyes and Balsillie hoped. Every new agreement between the city and potential buyer of the team focused on changes in sharing ratios of arena generated revenues ... never gave the out the league will need. The council is unlikely to vote to allow the tenant out of the building without a substantial "penalty" ... and if they don't vote to grant that permission to leave, there is an existing lease.
Granted it's Wikipedia, but, if at anytime Glendale stopped pouring $$ into the operations, they were goners. Lease or no lease.

Quote:
As the league was not prepared to cover the team's losses for another season, the league executive reached a tentative agreement to sell the Coyotes to TNSE, allowing them to relocate the franchise back to Winnipeg. This was intended as a back-up plan, as the league's first choice was to keep the team in Arizona. With no other investors in place, the league asked the City of Glendale to cover the Coyotes losses for the 2010-11 season. Facing a tight deadline, city council voted in favor of the deal rather than risk losing the primary tenant of their arena. According to Chipman, TNSE came "within ten minutes of acquiring (the Coyotes)".

Old
01-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I was frustrated when the Thrashers moved before ASG never game them a fair shake, IMO. Bad ownership and a bad team that could never compete. Phoenix is consistently competitive and has been given every opportunity to succeed, but IIRC their attendance numbers have been worst in the league for at least the last 4 years.

I feel bad for the die-hard fans, but be sure, but that market has had their chances and just won't work.

Quebec City, Seattle, Milwaukee, Kansas City, and Markham seem like better options IMO.

Closed Thread