HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 5-1, I watched the UFC at TVA Sports instead of half of the game.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:20 AM
No Team Needed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I agree, they can taunt me...the way the habs were playing, sens fans deserved to chirp us habs fans at the game. But to the point of giving me the finger when I'm literally 3ft away, you're pretty much begging for **** to go down
Or you smile and ignore it.

It's just a finger.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:26 AM
BigHabs

White is my favorite player on the Habs and I have to admit he hurt the team more than he helped last night.

I can see him sitting next game. A lot of people are saying Blunden in, but we do have Nokelainen who is good on faceoffs, forechecking, and defense. White is a center, I guess it all depends where Eller plays. If Eller is on the 4th it will most likely be Blunden. Nokelainen is Eller is up on the top 6,

Eller Desharnais Cole
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Prust Galchenyuk Gallagher
Moen Nokelainen Armstrong

Markov Emelin
Gorges Subban
Boullion Diaz

Price
Budaj

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:49 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I wish Kirk Muller would be fired in Carolina so he could come back here as ass.
Muller quit the team because he was no longer willing to be an assistant

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:06 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Budaj played good. Not great, not bad, but good.

White's antics cost us this game coupled with Anderson playing well beyond his skill level.

Can't win them all. If Neil wants to do the ********, then I hope the habs target Karlsson.

Also, after the 2nd pp goal, or 3rd Sens goal Therrien should have called a timeout to slow the game down.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:06 AM
SwedisHab
Slim Shady

This and next week gonna be so awesome, ottawa, boston and leafs at home wooo so many games with potential to be entertaining predicting DD to start producing, will have 5 goals done before the leafs game

SwedisHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:00 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
White's antics cost us this game coupled with Anderson playing well beyond his skill level.
Agreed on the part about White, but regarding Anderson - I'm not sure why people underrate him so much. He was absolutely brilliant in Florida, where he made 50+ saves almost every game. In Colorado, he struggled with the new system and it hurt his game a bit but in Ottawa, he's picked up his game again. Anderson is a solid starter for the Sens and is one of the bigger reasons why Ottawa made the playoffs last year.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:08 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Agreed on the part about White, but regarding Anderson - I'm not sure why people underrate him so much. He was absolutely brilliant in Florida, where he made 50+ saves almost every game. In Colorado, he struggled with the new system and it hurt his game a bit but in Ottawa, he's picked up his game again. Anderson is a solid starter for the Sens and is one of the bigger reasons why Ottawa made the playoffs last year.
He's a good goalie but the level he's playing at now isn't him.

In 3-4 games he'll be terrible for a few games and then bounce back and play his usual way. A goalie who gives Ottawa a chance to win, but having but the sens scoring 2 goals isn't an automatic win for them.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:08 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Obviously not a great game by our boys but I don't think the 5-1 scoreline tells the whole story. Sens took advantage of a 4 minute powerplay and that was the difference. Plus Craig Anderson played extremely well and saved a couple of sure goals.

Either way it's still a 4-2 start and I'm pretty happy with that. PK will be back on Saturday and that will help the teams big time. He will help even strength play, the defense down low, the penalty kill and add another weapon to the powerplay. Can't wait to have him back.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:38 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Desharnais-Cole
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Blunden-Eller-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-Subban

Price

Is what we will see next game.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Via Team 690.

We now have Top-2 penalty-minutes leaders in the NHL. White + Prust.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:24 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
White is my favorite player on the Habs and I have to admit he hurt the team more than he helped last night.

I can see him sitting next game. A lot of people are saying Blunden in, but we do have Nokelainen who is good on faceoffs, forechecking, and defense. White is a center, I guess it all depends where Eller plays. If Eller is on the 4th it will most likely be Blunden. Nokelainen is Eller is up on the top 6,

Eller Desharnais Cole
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Prust Galchenyuk Gallagher
Moen Nokelainen Armstrong

Markov Emelin
Gorges Subban
Boullion Diaz

Price
Budaj
Nokelainen is out with a back injury and may not be back this year.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:33 AM
Crystal Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Nokelainen is out with a back injury and may not be back this year.
where did you hear that??

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

Was at the game last night. I just want to say that everyone thought the refs were crap. It started with the missed interference call in the first 30 seconds when Zack Smith was plowed over nowhere near the puck. I know some of you guys are calling it unfair but Montreal was ahead on crap penalties 4 - 1 (and Ottawa was only on the PP for 20 seconds before getting another call against them anyway) after the first period and IIRC it ended pretty evenly.

Realistically Ottawa was able to capitalize on the crap penalties when Montreal was not. It doesn't make the game fair for either team, but it is what it is. White really killed you guys with that double minor...I could see a lot of what he was saying on the jumbotron and it wasn't pleasant. Props to the coach for not making excuses and calling White out for it, too.

I would just like to say that as an Ottawa fan I much prefer Montreal/Ottawa games to Toronto/Ottawa games (even though we've lost the majority of them recently). Montreal fans just seem to be more respectful and even though they were losing most of the Montreal fans I saw were good about it (even after we started oleing them). I hope there were no obnoxious Ottawa fans but I guess it happens sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
This. Anyone who underrates Anderson just doesn't watch him play in Ottawa consistently. The guy is amazing and one of the most underrated keepers in the league. After a rough start last season due to a terrible defence and system change he was lights out just like the year before. He carried Colorado on his back to the playoffs and his playoff performances have been insanely good. He very well could create a Tim Thomas/Tuuka Rask situation in Ottawa with Lehner.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:05 AM
otto bond

Did anyone ask for autograph from the refs? They where shining last night.
Worst officiating I ever witnes and had the Habs won, I would have still been embaranced for watching this bull crap.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:40 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Budaj cost us the game today.
God forbid you would ever look to place even a fraction of the blame on anybody who's taken a fighting major in his career, let alone the almighty Ryan White.

Budaj didn't have a good game, obviously - it happens. I can forgive a player having a bad game more easily than I can forgive someone mouthing off the to the ref and taking two penalties that led directly to two goals being scored against us.

If Therrien really wants to preach accountability, then White should be sitting.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:44 AM
PricePkPatch

I personally believe not having Subban in the lineup might have been a mistake. If only to reduce the number of minutes played by your tired Ds.

An "energy D" might have made a difference on quite a few bad defensive coverage that cost us goals.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Was at the game last night. I just want to say that everyone thought the refs were crap. It started with the missed interference call in the first 30 seconds when Zack Smith was plowed over nowhere near the puck.
I agree that the refs were crap both ways, but that was NOT a penalty. Yes, Smith got bowled over nowhere near the puck, but it was obviously just an incidental collision. Very clearly on all replays, Armstrong was skating hard to forecheck the puck-carrier on the boards and didn't see Smith.

It looks bad and was unfair to Smith, but just a collision. Smith got in Armstrong's way as much as vice versa. It's just how the rules work.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I agree, they can taunt me...the way the habs were playing, sens fans deserved to chirp us habs fans at the game. But to the point of giving me the finger when I'm literally 3ft away, you're pretty much begging for **** to go down
Lol, and what are you going to do? Kick her ass?

Snap? Lose it? Head-fake, followed with a flurry to the solar plexus?

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 AM
domdo345

I do not know the circumstances for the Sens, but they did play the night before too. Now, during the game, they seemed to have an extra step on most of our players. Let's not kid ourselves, our game is about quickness and forcing errors on opposition. None of that happened last night. The gally's had no jump whatsoever.

It's only one game, on a back to back where a good chunk of the building was our fans. Off course the sens gave a little more because of that. Let's see how they handle the back to back this weekend.

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:14 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
I do not know the circumstances for the Sens, but they did play the night before too. Now, during the game, they seemed to have an extra step on most of our players. Let's not kid ourselves, our game is about quickness and forcing errors on opposition. None of that happened last night. The gally's had no jump whatsoever.

It's only one game, on a back to back where a good chunk of the building was our fans. Off course the sens gave a little more because of that. Let's see how they handle the back to back this weekend.
No excuse

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:15 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

A bad penalty and overmatched between the pipes. Let's move on, big weekend coming up with PK making his return.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:19 AM
LePoche69

I tought the reality check would come against the Jets, but the Habs surprised me again in that game. But the reality check finaly came last night against the Sens.

The Habs are certainly a better team than last year, are a lot more fun to watch, and may surprise to the point of making the playoffs -- and that would be well deserved. But the truth is their defence is fragile. Emelin hits hard and play generaly well, but he looks lost many time near his own net. Markov is still a good d-man, amazing on the power play and in the o-zone, but the truth is he isn't as good and quick as he was in his own territory. Gorges is Gorges: Big heart, block shots, but not very big nor physicall, very average to get out of the zone. Kaberle is non-existant, Diaz is easily disturbed in his zone and Bouillon, at 37 years old, cannot sustain great defensive zone play every night. Subban might help but that's not enough. Habs really need 1 or 2 more good d-men in the next seasons.

But like I said, the team is better and fun to watch. Becoming a true contender is a long road, tho.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:21 AM
LePoche69

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the PK is pretty average this year. Lots of bad "couverture". But they can work on it in the next weeks.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:25 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Desharnais-Cole
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Blunden-Eller-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-Subban

Price

Is what we will see next game.
I think you're absolutly right.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I agree that the refs were crap both ways, but that was NOT a penalty. Yes, Smith got bowled over nowhere near the puck, but it was obviously just an incidental collision. Very clearly on all replays, Armstrong was skating hard to forecheck the puck-carrier on the boards and didn't see Smith.

It looks bad and was unfair to Smith, but just a collision. Smith got in Armstrong's way as much as vice versa. It's just how the rules work.
If you say so. I saw it live, and watched the replay multiple times. Armstrong made no effort to avoid the collision and threw himself into Smith. That was a clear penalty.

Anyway, the tale of the night was efficiency on the special teams and it's that simple. Other than that neither team was particularly impressive as a whole. Some individuals looks alright.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote