HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Canes recall Nodl, waive Boychuk (claimed by Pittsburgh)

Old
01-31-2013, 08:00 AM
Mr America

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
how do we know he hasn't "embraced the grind" when he only played the first game?

he did that just fine in the minors.
I think we've found one of the Facebook posters

Mr America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
geehaad

I think Bleed's opinion about this being a debate that cannot have a winner is spot on.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Mr America

Sounds more like somebody with the opinion of the losing side.

Boychuk isn't an NHL'er, and the people who realize that have won.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:38 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr America View Post
?

I don't even know what that means.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:39 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:

Winner? What are you talking about? Who the hell are you?

Old
01-31-2013, 08:39 AM
Mr America

Quote:
?

I don't even know what that means.
All the idiots on Facebook claiming that because he was good in the AHL that the Canes don't know what they are doing, they don't know how to utilze the AHL talent, etc. Several of the better ones were posted here yesterday.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Joe McGrath

Quote:

You could have said the same thing about Jiri Tlusty 2 years ago and no one would have batted an eyelash. It's actual remarkable how similar their careers have been until Tlusty became a full time NHLer. I think the difference is Tlusty became a very dependable defensive player to get his shot at sticking. Perhaps that's what Boychuk hasn't done? I really don't know.

Joe McGrath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:46 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I know that because he only played one game. It seems like people here always take the small mystery box instead of the $100 on let's make a deal, but if a kid isn't in the lineup it's probably by design of the coaches.
I don't think that one game was a proper analysis of anyone, was it? They were all horrible, with the possible exception of bowman. Sangs got a reprieve. I'm just saying he never seems to get the chances others get, and I've long known your feelings in boychuk so you know I struggle with your approach about it. You've been seemingly itching for the kids failure for years now. I just don't understand why we around here are so eager to eat our own. He's out first rounder, one of our top prospects. Being small he was always going to be fighting an uphill battle. We can argue all day about how we got here, I more than know your position, I just never understood not rooting for him. He's one of ours. We root for skinner and he acts like a dbag half the time.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:52 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
All the idiots on Facebook claiming that because he was good in the AHL that the Canes don't know what they are doing, they don't know how to utilze the AHL talent, etc. Several of the better ones were posted here yesterday.
Is there an argument FOR the canes ability to raise their own players? It's a fairly widely agreed with opinion the canes suck at development. Slight improvement on that front of late, but anyone who takes that slant has more than enough history to support it. In boychuks case I think they've done fine with him in the ahl, but I'd agree they never let this kid have a real chance. It wasn't Mo's style at all to play a kid and jr generally agrees. This mullers first shot so I don't have anything negative to say there. Other teams would've played boychuk. Hopefully someone else will, but as other would likely have to expose someone themselves and play him right now it's possible we keep him.

I don't know if clumping me with a bunch of Facebook noobs is your best route with me.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
I don't think that one game was a proper analysis of anyone, was it? They were all horrible, with the possible exception of bowman. Sangs got a reprieve. I'm just saying he never seems to get the chances others get, and I've long known your feelings in boychuk so you know I struggle with your approach about it. You've been seemingly itching for the kids failure for years now. I just don't understand why we around here are so eager to eat our own. He's out first rounder, one of our top prospects. Being small he was always going to be fighting an uphill battle. We can argue all day about how we got here, I more than know your position, I just never understood not rooting for him. He's one of ours. We root for skinner and he acts like a dbag half the time.
I don't think anyone is rooting for him to fail. Hell I don't root for Corvo to fail, because that's you know bad for the team. For whatever reason, be it effort, defensive ability, brains, or whatever the case is, he hasn't impressed 3 NHL head coaches in 5 years. We aren't privy to what exactly the reason for his non success ,but it is SOMETHING. Maybe a change of scenery does him some good (a la Tlusty) and for his sake I hope it does.

Joe McGrath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:58 AM
bleedgreen

For the record I think boychuks biggest weakness is his strength. Too easily knocked aroind along the boards. He's improved his positioning and his willingness to fight in the defensive end, it's highlighted how easy it is to knock him off the puck. It isn't that kid won't change or hasn't/won't learn. He's just struggling to be the little guy in his own end. He needs to score to offset it. Needs time to score. Catch22. Dalpe has the more consistent nhl offensive game. Bowman can blend on lower lines. Boychuk is the more boom or bust. Hasn't worked yet. I hope someone takes him.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
I don't think anyone is rooting for him to fail. Hell I don't root for Corvo to fail, because that's you know bad for the team. For whatever reason, be it effort, defensive ability, brains, or whatever the case is, he hasn't impressed 3 NHL head coaches in 5 years. We aren't privy to what exactly the reason for his non success ,but it is SOMETHING. Maybe a change of scenery does him some good (a la Tlusty) and for his sake I hope it does.
Vagrant made his opinion known long before three coaches were involved. I don't disagree with you. His chances have run out. I'm not saying he has given us enough reason to play but I also don't think he gave us enough reason to let him go. I wish we traded him a few years ago, which is saying something since I abhor trading prospects or picks. This organization has shown it plays favorites. I respect they have their own way, but I've never fully agreed with it.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 3289
Quote:
Don't you regularly post there Charlie?

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:04 AM
bleedgreen

Ill leave it alone. I said yesterday there is no winner in this argument. I'm dropping it and moving on. Like I've said ill be happy for him if he moves on. Not much for him here.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:07 AM
QuitStaaling

Send a message via AIM to QuitStaaling
Boychuk is a first round bust and career AHLer. His offseason training consists of golf, chicken wings and Canadian football. He won't be missed and will never ever haunt the good guys. Good luck and good ridence. Victor Rask........bring it or face a similar wrath.

QuitStaaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Mr America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
Don't you regularly post there Charlie?
You're point being, puck bunny?

Old
01-31-2013, 09:34 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
You're point being, puck bunny?
*Your

Old
01-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Mr America

Thank you!

So which retarded, butt hurt, facebook poster are you?

Old
01-31-2013, 09:39 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
Thank you!

So which retarded, butt hurt, facebook poster are you?
I'm not... Used to several years ago before the insanity SERIOUSLY took hold, but as soon as I found these boards I was gone.

That being said, there seems to be a Facebook-caliber level of dissent on this thread, I don't really like it...

Old
01-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Mr America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
I'm not... Used to several years ago before the insanity SERIOUSLY took hold, but as soon as I found these boards I was gone.
Adam, I'm not stupid.

Or Cody, the similarities are remarkable.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
Adam, I'm not stupid.

Or Cody, the similarities are remarkable.
Bite your tongue, sir. Cody's ridiculous. I'm not exactly sure who Adam is, did he start posting there recently?

The shots in the dark aren't going to work because I'm telling the truth. You've been making fun of Facebook posters this whole thread, and as soon as someone accurately called you out as being one you're desperately trying to prove that others are too. Sorry, I'm not. I don't think anyone here except Otis is either.

If it helps, when I did post there a couple of years ago, I always thought of you to be one of the more knowledgeable guys there!

EDIT: I have a hunch that QuitStaaling is Dwayne, as well, but I forget why I know that, figured it out a couple of years ago.

Last edited by Anton Dubinchuk: 01-31-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old
01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Mr America

Not all of them, just the puck bunnies and other less desirables

Anyways, how Tammy of you!

Old
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
AD Skinner

Piktiken don't hit nobody!!! If they ain't traded good ol boy Bryan Allen for soft Euro Pitkairn maybe we'd have more GOALS!! No hussle from Jockening, where's the SHOOTOUT HANDS?!?!?!?!

AD Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Head Goose
Doing Less Better

What the hell happened in here while I was in dynamics? Whatever it is, I'm not proud if it.

Head Goose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Boychuk claimed. Cue Brett Carson level freak out.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote