HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - 1/31/13 - 7PM EST - NESN (TV), 98.5 FM (Radio)

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Lucic doesn't have to fight to be intimidating. All he has to do is play his game.

If something happens and he fights, fine. But it's not his job to go looking for trouble. I'd rather see him, Horton and Krejci running rampant through the whole game.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:53 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
im always torn between what I'd like to see lucic doing.

I want him to play his game with no worries. Knowing your the baddest mf'r on the ice does something to his game. However, sitting a player for 5 mins straight isn't the best thing in the world when Horton + Lucic are running a good forecheck.

Confusing the situation even more, I'd love to see Lucic go with Scott. Could you imagine buffalo during the 1st intermission.

"well, now what. ****"
I got a kick out of this imagery

I'm in the same boat as you. Lucic seems to thrive when the going gets tough, but on the contrary is it worth sitting Lucic and John Scott for 5 minutes a piece? As R Kelly once put, my mind is tellin' me no...but my body, my body is tellin' me yeeeeeehessssss!

Old
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Lucic plays 17-19 minutes a game. There are 60 minutes in a game. What difference does it make if he spends 5 of the 41-43 minutes he spends on the bench in the penalty box? He is at the age where it should be 100% up to him. He has a feel for when he needs to do it. I hope Julien doesn't get involved tonight. If he wants Scott, let him have Scott.
Right, that's exactly what I'm saying. I hope Clode trusts him to drop and go whenever he wants. Sure, there is injury risk but I think we can all agree that hitting helps his game immensely. And when he hits a lot, he will likely find someone who wants to fight him.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:23 AM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Lets keep it going. Lucic with a big game tonight. 4-2 B's .............

Old
01-31-2013, 10:27 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
im always torn between what I'd like to see lucic doing.

I want him to play his game with no worries. Knowing your the baddest mf'r on the ice does something to his game. However, sitting a player for 5 mins straight isn't the best thing in the world when Horton + Lucic are running a good forecheck.

Confusing the situation even more, I'd love to see Lucic go with Scott. Could you imagine buffalo during the 1st intermission.

"well, now what. ****"
Same boat.... I really would love them to go at 1 second, get it over with and get on with the game... I would imagine though if Scott won, it may really pump the Sabres up..Maybe backfire...

I'm thinking you see Ott-Campbell and Thornton-Scott right off the face off...be done with it, and see what the game dictates.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:32 AM
TCL40

I am sad. I just realized my daughter has a game tonight and I will miss most of this game. Sabres are my second most hated division team (Habs of course will always be the most-since its the Habs).

As for fights-I really would rather Lucic not fight anyone-not worth it to risk the injury and of course anyone he fights is going to mostly be a scrub.

Thornton is probably going to go with somebody-I just can't imagine he wouldn't. Lucic probably will too, but I hope he doesn't.

Over all we will see, and I will probably miss most of it, but will keep up with the score while watching my daughter's game.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:33 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Lucic doesn't have to fight to be intimidating. All he has to do is play his game.

If something happens and he fights, fine. But it's not his job to go looking for trouble. I'd rather see him, Horton and Krejci running rampant through the whole game.
Love to see him put Scott through the glass and skate away. It's important for Lucic to establish that he will fight anyone at any time but won't fight everyone everytime. If the only reason Scott is in the line up is to fight Lucic then you don't give Buffalo what they want.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:36 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Lucic plays 17-19 minutes a game. There are 60 minutes in a game. What difference does it make if he spends 5 of the 41-43 minutes he spends on the bench in the penalty box? He is at the age where it should be 100% up to him. He has a feel for when he needs to do it. I hope Julien doesn't get involved tonight. If he wants Scott, let him have Scott.
How does it benefit the Bruins (re: Not just Milan Lucic) to fight a plug like John Scott? Answer. Not a bit. He's at the age where he should know to put the team ahead of his ego.

Lucic's fights should come organically. He plays his physical game within the rules, let fighters that have on ice value come to their team's defense.

Also, that 5 minutes he's on the bench could be 2-3 shifts where our top line isn't optimized. What do we gain from Buffalo from that? Nothing, because the guy who went with him sits on the bench 55 minutes a game.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
This is an example of why I dont want Looch constantly throwing with mutton heads:

Callahan out 10-14 days with shoulder injury
Callahan, who scored the winning goal against the Flyers, was injured early in the third period during a scuffle with Philadelphia forward Max Talbot.

After undergoing an MRI on Wednesday, Callahan was diagnosed with a subluxation of his left shoulder. The forward was dragged down by the arm by Talbot and immediately skated off. His left arm dangled as Callahan went down the tunnel to the locker room

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/...oulder_injury/
I want Looch scoring goals and staying healthy .

01-31-2013, 10:41 AM
TCL40

Oh and one clarification. I don't want Lucic fighting just to fight, but I am fine if he is stepping up to protect his linemates (I really don't want to see Horton fighting given the concussions) but I still am not keen on Looch fighting just too fight. That's Thornton's job.

Quote:
I don't know if Doug can fight or not but even if he can it would be better to have Captain Z riding shotgun with him.
I don't either, but if they do pair him with Big Z, Z will take the number of anyone who tries to mess with him. Z has always been protective of his partner when anyone tries to target them and I can easily see the Sabres as a matter of strategy going at Dougie to get him off his game (and going for the young guy isn't particularly bad strategy).

Old
01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
bp13

This is the exact kind of game you wish we had an actual power play.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Jack Edwards ‏@RealJackEdwards

Paul MacDermid to dress tonight as Bruins anticipate pugnacious night vs BUF & Steve Ott, John Scott. 6:30 pregame 7PM gametime on NESN.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins

Paille will move up to the third line and Lane MacDermid will join the fourth line tonight.^CS

Old
01-31-2013, 10:45 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Fluffalo is getting a beating tonight.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:45 AM
RussellmaniaKW

first of all, before everyone jumps on him, he corrected himself in a later tweet.

as for putting Lane in tonight....yes....there will be blood.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Fair Warning

Fight night at the Garden, anyone?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:51 AM
hopkinsj31

I expect Fireworks right off the bat in this one. Lindy starts the 4th line, Claude responds, **** gets real.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Old
01-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Danny Woodhead

You know Claude is expecting a bloodbath when he takes an integral member of our powerplay out of the lineup for a fourth line goon.

I have no idea where the smileys are, so insert a winky-face here.

Old
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I got a kick out of this imagery

I'm in the same boat as you. Lucic seems to thrive when the going gets tough, but on the contrary is it worth sitting Lucic and John Scott for 5 minutes a piece? As R Kelly once put, my mind is tellin' me no...but my body, my body is tellin' me yeeeeeehessssss!
Yep... I could see Lindy and the front office looking at each other, with Ott and Scott's contracts in their hands like...

Quote:
Same boat.... I really would love them to go at 1 second, get it over with and get on with the game... I would imagine though if Scott won, it may really pump the Sabres up..Maybe backfire...

I'm thinking you see Ott-Campbell and Thornton-Scott right off the face off...be done with it, and see what the game dictates.
yes. It could def backfire. Play it safe, have thornton take him. But I wouldn't be thrilled with lucic not taking the challenge.

Also, would Lindsy be that stupid to send scott out there to chase lucic ala guy carbonneau ? We all know what happened to him lol

Old
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

I'm pretty sure no one wants Lucic to go looking for a fight. The differences in opinion appear to be how willing he is (or is "allowed" to) to go when challenged. Or when something happens that pisses him off.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
BruinsFan64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post
Fight night at the Garden, anyone?
Will we have another game like the one with Dallas where there were 3 fights in the first 30 seconds.

I say in this order

1) Thornton
2) McQuaid
3) Lucic

Old
01-31-2013, 11:00 AM
LavioletteScores

Fluffalo...haha, so true.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:01 AM
kutskova

Amped up for this! Just hope the refs don't ruin it by ejecting everyone. We all know there go to move is eject lucic.

Old
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Mcdermid? Oh hell yes...

Old
mashmont

HAHA Fourth line of Macdermid Campbell and Thorton... Anyone wanna drop em??

Plus Mcquaid im assuming is playing as well... Hopefully we expect

[

Closed Thread