HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

who would you want to see phoenix pursue via trade

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 07:43 PM
XX
SOS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd prefer Connolly to Steckel if possible. .
Connolly makes 4.75

The Leafs can eat, at max, 50% of that. And Maloney has said we are at dollar-for-dollar, so there's really nothing we can send their way worth 2 mil+.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:52 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Connolly makes 4.75

The Leafs can eat, at max, 50% of that. And Maloney has said we are at dollar-for-dollar, so there's really nothing we can send their way worth 2 mil+.
Torres, I guess. I doubt it's actually dollar for dollar, but probably pretty close. Like I said, I'm fine with Chipchura in that 4th LW spot.

01-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Justinov

Another open spot for a center playing (2C)-3C is Lars Eller from Montreal. He seem not to fit in as a more defensive forward on Montreal - they want him as ultra-goalscorer or bench him as they did after the opening game saying he "lacked intensity"??
Since they apparently try to undervalue him in Montreal you might be able to pressure a cheaper deal through.
I think Lars Eller would fit greatly in Tippets system as he has been around the swedish U20 and SEL. He is a bit less defensively skilled than Frans Nielsen (but most are anyways), but with more offensive potential he has never really been allowed to prove in Montreal. He hasn't really been great when playing wing in Montreal, but maybe with the right line he could develope that as well as an alternative. He could scored 4 goals a night when he was paired with Kostitsyn, but otherwise he never really got quality linemates.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Another open spot for a center playing (2C)-3C is Lars Eller from Montreal. He seem not to fit in as a more defensive forward on Montreal - they want him as ultra-goalscorer or bench him as they did after the opening game saying he "lacked intensity"??
Since they apparently try to undervalue him in Montreal you might be able to pressure a cheaper deal through.
I think Lars Eller would fit greatly in Tippets system as he has been around the swedish U20 and SEL. He is a bit less defensively skilled than Frans Nielsen (but most are anyways), but with more offensive potential he has never really been allowed to prove in Montreal. He hasn't really been great when playing wing in Montreal, but maybe with the right line he could develope that as well as an alternative. He could scored 4 goals a night when he was paired with Kostitsyn, but otherwise he never really got quality linemates.
And the asking price?

Old
01-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
And the asking price?
Well that I dont know....depend whether Montreal wanted to send Eller a message or they are really trying to sideline him - maybe they just needed someone punished for the bad opening game and it was easier to sideline him than one of the vets? But it could be worth sending out a feeler to see their reaction to an offer.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

At this point I don't really see the need to "pursue" anyone in a trade. With this injuries it's really just some depth we could use, another center would be great, since Lombardi is gone for a month-plus.

Lars Eller would be a nice project for us. Don't know Tipp would view him a "young guy" any more, he's 23. After the Lombo trade Maloney said we were done, but who knows if certain injuries could change that.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:49 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Hopefully Hanzal is back soon so we can try Moss at center. If Moss can pull that off well enough until Lombardi comes back, we'd be in good shape, I guess.

Sullivan-Vermette-Doan
Boedker-Hanzal-Vrbata
Torres-Moss-Korpikoski
Chipchura-Gordon-Johnson
Bissonnette

If Moss proves he's definitely not the answer, I wouldn't mind XX's idea of Steckel...

Sullivan-Vermette-Doan
Boedker-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Gordon-Moss
Torres-Steckel-N.Johnson
Chipchura

Last edited by rt: 01-29-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 07:05 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Connolly makes 4.75

Actually his cap hit is $4.7 mil, he makes $4 mil with the Marlies.

His value to the Leafs is insurance in case they pursue a goalie and need to trade 1 of their current centers. Same can be said for Steckel.

As far as a center, Moss should be alright sliding in the middle, but, IMO, they still should pursue a forward.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:33 AM
PhxCoyoteFan
Rookie User

Yandle to Boston for Krecj seems most plausible. We have so much at the Blue Line and Keith is a Southie boy

Old
01-30-2013, 11:40 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlinhockey View Post
Yandle to Boston for Krecj seems most plausible. We have so much at the Blue Line and Keith is a Southie boy
I'm not completely sold on Krejci as a long-term solution for a legitimate number one center for this team. He's got an awful lot of talent in Boston to work with. He's a great playmaker, and I won't take that away from him, but his passing options in Phoenix would be dramatically inferior to what he's used to in Boston. Also, while I like his head for the game and two-way inclination, I worry about his relatively slight frame. He's not terribly slippery or elusive and he's pretty small/slight for a player that isn't terribly hard to make contact with. He'd absolutely be the best center we've had in years and is no doubt a fantastic player, but when it comes to trading Keith Yandle, I think we can afford to pick nits.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. Maybe Boedker-Krejci-Vrbata could be our top line for the next ten years. Maybe he's the missing piece. He's certainly intriguing.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:20 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Torres, I guess. I doubt it's actually dollar for dollar, but probably pretty close. Like I said, I'm fine with Chipchura in that 4th LW spot.
Might be that I"m just a huge Torres fan, but I don't want him to go anywhere. We saw how much we needed his style of play in the playoffs last year. We were able to take care of the Predators sure, but we really could have used him in that Kings series. I'm not saying 1 person makes a huge difference, but he has an impact in his aggressiveness in games come playoff time.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:04 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Here we go again.

Well, on the plus side of keeping Torres around; as far as 4th liners go hes a pretty good goal scorer.

Chip is never gonna pot 15 in a season. I'm not convinced our new found offense (currently 6th in Goals per game) is actually real. Still the silly season, so that goal scoring boost from Torres might be needed next month.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Malkinstheman

Hi penguins fan in peace, was wondering if yandle was on the block how much would it cost for the pens to get him.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:43 AM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
Hi penguins fan in peace, was wondering if yandle was on the block how much would it cost for the pens to get him.
Too much. The Penguins don't have many assets that are A; for trade and B; worth as much as Yandle.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:50 AM
awfulwaffle

It still blows my mind why people think the Coyotes would part ways with such key components to our team.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:08 AM
XX
SOS

Eklund's take on a Yandle trade

Quote:
When it comes to trades for high-end defensemen who are in the primes of their career or are about to hit their primes in a year or two, the cost right now is astronomical. When I hear about particular defensemen being available and the level of compensation being demanded in return.... well, it's mind-boggling at times.

I will give you an example. Last year at the draft, it was widely rumored that Phoenix was willing to listen to offers for All-Star defenseman Keith Yandle. But as soon as other teams heard what the Coyotes had in mind as reasonable compensation.... basically the equivalent of what the Nashville Predators wanted to even consider trading the rights to then-RFA Shea Weber... well, they soon realized they needed to look in other directions. Yandle is an All-Star, but Weber was and in is that the rare highest tier: the Norris-caliber defenseman in his prime.

But here's the thing: Phoenix GM Don Maloney had a one percent accurate read on the market. For one thing, he was (and still is) under zero pressure to unload Yandle regardless of his cap hit and regardless of the team having needs up front while being deep on the blueline. He is the one who has something other teams covet: a bonafide All-Star defenseman in his mid-20s with a contract that runs through 2016. He's the one who also has burgeoning star Oliver Ekman-Larsson on his roster.

As such, Phoenix holds all the cards, and was (and still is) able to demand a king's ransom to even fathom moving one of their top-pairing caliber defensemen. A team that covets one of those guys enough will wince through the pain of what they'll have to give up. Short of that, there would be zero reason for the Coyotes to do anything other than stay with they already have.

Of course, it's not just Phoenix. It's any team that is fortunate enough to have a healthy All-Star defenseman or even a top shutdown defenseman under their long-term contractual control or at least are young enough to be multiple years away from being UFA eligible.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...0#.UQqWAr99K8A

Nothing we haven't heard before. Still think he ends up getting moved. Need that money spent up front more than they do on the back end.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:15 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I really, really, really don't want Yandle moved, but Schlemko, Morris, and OEL are playing out of their minds, and Michalek is really starting to settle in, plus Klesla is awesome when he's healthy. Stone looks legit. I think summers is too. Rundblad has flashes.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:50 PM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
Zach Boychuk - especially if JR/Muller decide he's looking like waiver fodder.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=89914
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads - Pens claim Boychuk.

I guess the Don and/or Tip didn't agree with me - with the injury issues I would have thought it was definitely one of those "throw it at the wall" type scenarios.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads - Pens claim Boychuk.

I guess the Don and/or Tip didn't agree with me - with the injury issues I would have thought it was definitely one of those "throw it at the wall" type scenarios.
I think he is looking to be an AHL player at this point, hence why many teams passed on him, and Pittsburgh (a team with plenty of forward depth already) picked him up. I think he is headed straight for Wilkes Barre-Scranton.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Kaizen

Not accordng to Bylsma - they're gonna give him a look.

A team can't claim a player and demote him - generally speaking the original waiving team will re-claim the player and assign them to the A themselves.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:11 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
I really, really, really don't want Yandle moved, but Schlemko, Morris, and OEL are playing out of their minds, and Michalek is really starting to settle in, plus Klesla is awesome when he's healthy. Stone looks legit. I think summers is too. Rundblad has flashes.
Screw it, let's just play 20 D men all game. I love the problem we have.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:30 PM
mpp9

Any interest in Dustin Jeffrey? Sounds like you could use another center with the injury to Lombardi.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Eklund's take on a Yandle trade

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...0#.UQqWAr99K8A

Nothing we haven't heard before. Still think he ends up getting moved. Need that money spent up front more than they do on the back end.
It's Eklund so he's likely making **** up but I'm hoping there is truth to this because that's EXACTLY how I want DM operating when it comes to Yandle. Basically any team wanting Yandle has to give up a kings ransom or go kick rocks, I see absolutely no reason for any other stance.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Basically any team wanting Yandle has to give up a kings ransom ...
I'm an outsider here but thought I'd jump in with a quick question:

I've seen in a couple of places in this thread where people suggest that Yandle is worth a "king's ransom". I agree but what would that look like? Are the Coyotes looking for players, picks and/or prospects? Are they looking for two first round picks, for example?

Just wondering ...

Old
02-02-2013, 08:24 AM
XX
SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
I'm an outsider here but thought I'd jump in with a quick question:

I've seen in a couple of places in this thread where people suggest that Yandle is worth a "king's ransom". I agree but what would that look like? Are the Coyotes looking for players, picks and/or prospects? Are they looking for two first round picks, for example?

Just wondering ...
If they are moving, picks will do. Otherwise I'd imagine it'd be something like Couturier and B. Schenn, or Ryan O'Reilly and Sgarbossa. They want 2 very solid young NHLers/bluechips at minimum. If it's a more established player like Krejci, it'd be a more straight up deal. Maloney passed on Gagner and MPS, as an example.

I think they want 3 first round equivalents. So some mix of players and picks, depending on value. That's not to mean something like Yakupov, Hall and RNH at once. Not at all. Just the value you'd associate with a mid to late first round pick, or an equivalent young player. Complicating things is the fact the Coyotes don't want any D or goalies in return. Not many teams have the spare forwards to trade for Yandle.

Closed Thread