HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 10:10 AM
  #76
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,489
vCash: 500
Not saying it's happened yet, but a reminder to everyone - wishing illness or injury on players is forbidden. Hoping he takes a clean hit is fine, hoping he drops the gloves is fine, but expressing a desire to see him injured is not.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:20 AM
  #77
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,360
vCash: 500
It's going to have to be a hit (hopefully clean) because Duncan Keith is not going to fight Zack Kassian. He may fight Burrows, but he's not fighting anyone serious I can tell you that much. Kassian is banging heads with guys like Clowe and Eager, I don't remember Keith's last fight.

There is no doubt there will be a target on Keith's back, but it won't be so simple as a fight I don't think.

Reign Nateo is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:20 AM
  #78
Wellwood You
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 937
vCash: 500
Gah, the post-game thread got closed right when I submitted my last post.

Throwing this in here just because I like the sound of my own voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Schroeder weakest effort to date. OK on defense but falling down too much and starting to get pushed off the puck too much. Needs to move the puck a little better and be smoother and quicker on offensive chances. Should have had the puck across to Raymond on the 2 on 1. Playing hurt so you have to give him some slack. This player is showing enough to make you believe he will cut it in the NHL but needs more time to fully develop his game. Getting a taste this year but probably needs another year or so to get comfortable at this level.
The score was 3-0, the kid was aggressively shooting to get his first NHL goal. A bit harsh to pick out that one play. I liked how he shot far side to generate a rebound for Raymond in case he wasn't able to pick his corner, and that's exactly what happened.

Wellwood You is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:29 AM
  #79
Tiranis
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellwood You View Post
The score was 3-0, the kid was aggressively shooting to get his first NHL goal. A bit harsh to pick out that one play. I liked how he shot far side to generate a rebound for Raymond in case he wasn't able to pick his corner, and that's exactly what happened.
Passing lane looked to be well covered to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:32 AM
  #80
BerSTUzzi
Registered User
 
BerSTUzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Not saying it's happened yet, but a reminder to everyone - wishing illness or injury on players is forbidden. Hoping he takes a clean hit is fine, hoping he drops the gloves is fine, but expressing a desire to see him injured is not.
I just want a good old fashion line brawl with Kane and Keith on the ice and I will be happy. I don't wish Kane to get injured as I have him in my pool just a little bloody?

BerSTUzzi is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:36 AM
  #81
Verviticus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,574
vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Passing lane looked to be well covered to me. Maybe I'm wrong.
yeah he wasnt getting a pass through that

Verviticus is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:40 AM
  #82
Samzilla
Registered User
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,257
vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Hawk fan dropping by and I'll admit the Keith hit on Sedin was stupid, it got him suspended 5 games it was dangerous and who knows maybe that's why Torres levelled Hossa in the playoffs. Maybe those guys were friends during their short playing history. The Hawks played the Yotes 2 weeks ago and even though Torres wasn't in the line up I didn't see anything from the Hawks trying to run any of their guys. I know you guys want Keith bad and I understand but I really want to see a good back n forth offensive game and really don't want to see anybody get concussed on either team.

Keith isn't going to fight anyone anyways so there's not much point chasing the guy around the ice cuz we all don't need to see another Bertuzzi incident. Best thing for you guys is to beat us on the scoreboard. if Kassian has a big game then that's all the ammo he needs.
Cliffs: "Hey guys, we're really "sorry" about what Keith did, but uh, I really think that your team playing to our team's strengths is the best revenge, especially while your top 4 D isn't clicking. Then we can call it evensies?"

Samzilla is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:47 AM
  #83
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Not saying it's happened yet, but a reminder to everyone - wishing illness or injury on players is forbidden. Hoping he takes a clean hit is fine, hoping he drops the gloves is fine, but expressing a desire to see him injured is not.
You can't control my thoughts though! Mwahahaha

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:47 AM
  #84
Babs
Registered User
 
Babs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
Keith's always matched up against the Sedins right? They should just dump the puck in Keith's corner all night and send Kass in there at full speed he might miss most of the time but when he connects....

I really don't want to see anyone injured just a fair amount of suffering. Also do not want to see ANYTHING dirty from our team. No suspensions just fair game pain.

Babs is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:48 AM
  #85
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Keith's always matched up against the Sedins right? They should just dump the puck in Keith's corner all night and send Kass in there at full speed he might miss most of the time but when he connects....

I really don't want to see anyone injured just a fair amount of suffering. Also do not want to see ANYTHING dirty from our team. No suspensions just fair game pain.
Our guys will just get hurt that way, Keith's a greasy ***** who'll never let himself take a hit straight on.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:54 AM
  #86
Catamarca Livin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Cool, fight Burrows and get it out of the way. Then just play the game straight up. No circus. Just everytime there is an opportunity to make life hell for the goalie, do it. Pick your spots and focus on the win.


Kassian shouldn't go after Keith. He should go to the net, and when one of Seabrook or Keith meets him there, byfuglien them in the crease. That's how they did it to VAN, that's how VAN should respond to them.
Keith fighting Burrows would end the anger just like Moore fighting Matt Cooke did, oh wait

Catamarca Livin is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
  #87
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
Keith fighting Burrows would end the anger just like Moore fighting Matt Cooke did, oh wait

Keith won't fight anyone else. What do you suggest?

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:00 AM
  #88
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
Keith fighting Burrows would end the anger just like Moore fighting Matt Cooke did, oh wait
Someone please make a picture of Kassian in Bane's mask that says:
Fight Alex Burrows?
Your punishment must be more severe.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:03 AM
  #89
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Not saying it's happened yet, but a reminder to everyone - wishing illness or injury on players is forbidden. Hoping he takes a clean hit is fine, hoping he drops the gloves is fine, but expressing a desire to see him injured is not.
I hope Keith gets hit so cleanly that he wishes he never got hit so cleanly in his life.
He will gain so much respect for the Canucks that he'll ask for a trade to Vancouver.

And then Daniel will call him fat and hurt Keith's feelings.

THAT WILL TEACH HIM!

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:04 AM
  #90
Catamarca Livin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,938
vCash: 500
The Canucks did well in the game vs Chicago. Kassian started a scrum with Seabrook then the rest of the Canucks went after Keith. Really roughed him up. Burrows also punched Kane in the face drawing a bit of blood in a scrum. If you want to get Keith, start a scrum the lineman go to stop the scrum then you get Keith. Pretty easy actually. Linesman always go to the first altercation the second is always on its own. Keith did an attempted sucker punch on Burrow a couple years before the hair pulling. Burrows does not owe him a fair fight. No one does. The blackhawk fan saying the canucks should be diplomatic about this event is priceless. Easy to be diplomatic when your team is the aggressor. If Keith missed the playoffs with a suspension there would not need to be reprecussions. Keith played basically receiving no punishment. Letting the premeditated attack go on our top player go unpunished is not a very good option. Torres hit was unfortuate but it was a hockey play, Keith's play was not a hockey play, and therefore does not need a hockey play response.

Catamarca Livin is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:05 AM
  #91
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
The Canucks did well in the game vs Chicago. Kassian started a scrum with Seabrook then the rest of the Canucks went after Keith. Really roughed him up. Burrows also punched Kane in the face drawing a bit of blood in a scrum. If you want to get Keith, start a scrum the lineman go to stop the scrum then you get Keith. Pretty easy actually. Linesman always go to the first altercation the second is always on its own. Keith did an attempted sucker punch on Burrow a couple years before the hair pulling. Burrows does not owe him a fair fight. No one does. The blackhawk fan saying the canucks should be diplomatic about this event is priceless. Easy to be diplomatic when your team is the aggressor. If Keith missed the playoffs with a suspension there would not need to be reprecussions. Keith played basically receiving no punishment. Letting the premeditated attack go on our top player go unpunished is not a very good option. Torres hit was unfortuate but it was a hockey play, Keith's play was not a hockey play, and therefore does not need a hockey play response.
Darn good post.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:08 AM
  #92
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
The Canucks did well in the game vs Chicago. Kassian started a scrum with Seabrook then the rest of the Canucks went after Keith. Really roughed him up. Burrows also punched Kane in the face drawing a bit of blood in a scrum. If you want to get Keith, start a scrum the lineman go to stop the scrum then you get Keith. Pretty easy actually. Linesman always go to the first altercation the second is always on its own. Keith did an attempted sucker punch on Burrow a couple years before the hair pulling. Burrows does not owe him a fair fight. No one does. The blackhawk fan saying the canucks should be diplomatic about this event is priceless. Easy to be diplomatic when your team is the aggressor. If Keith missed the playoffs with a suspension there would not need to be reprecussions. Keith played basically receiving no punishment. Letting the premeditated attack go on our top player go unpunished is not a very good option. Torres hit was unfortuate but it was a hockey play, Keith's play was not a hockey play, and therefore does not need a hockey play response.
*readies pitchfork*

Nuckles is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:22 AM
  #93
nucksfan8888
Registered User
 
nucksfan8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
It's going to have to be a hit (hopefully clean) because Duncan Keith is not going to fight Zack Kassian. He may fight Burrows, but he's not fighting anyone serious I can tell you that much. Kassian is banging heads with guys like Clowe and Eager, I don't remember Keith's last fight.

There is no doubt there will be a target on Keith's back, but it won't be so simple as a fight I don't think.
What about 3rd man in? What are the consequences of that? As in what if Burrows and Kieth squared off, but in jumps Bieksa(or Kassian )

But in reality, Burrows will fight Kieth if it's been agreed upon, and for the rest of the game just finish every check on Kieth and take every opportunity to give him a slash. Basically make him remember this game for awhile, but with no legit reason for retribution, just play him hard.

nucksfan8888 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:26 AM
  #94
ddawg1950
Registered User
 
ddawg1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,510
vCash: 500
One of the ways to deal with this is to dump the puck in on Keith's side and then pound him into the boards every time.

ddawg1950 is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:47 AM
  #95
Wolfhard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
The hope for revenge in this game will likely go unfulfilled.

Fact is Keith has never fought anyone who actually knows how to fight. So strike Kassian, Ballard, Bieksa, Volpatti, Weise, Hansen and Lapierre out as possible candidates. He knows our team, and he knows who he won't mess with.

The only time he'll fight anyone his size or bigger, is if he's having a temper tantrum.

In pretty much every fight he's been in, he has instigated. Usually leading with 1-2 sucker punches before the other combatant even knows they're going to fight.

If anyone DOES jump Keith, rest assured, he's a star player. It won't be 2 for instigating. They'll probably throw the book at whoever does it. And depending on what happened, or if Keith got hurt, it would likely end in suspension.

If a scrum happens, he'll likely grab onto the first Raymond, Schroeder, Sedin or even Higgins, that he can find. At the first hint of aggression from this "soft" player, he'll throw off the gloves, sucker him with a few punches and try to wrestle him down. hence why 2 of his 5 NHL fights have been against Burrows. Small, not known for fighting, but feisty if you grab ahold of him.

Best option will be just to punish him by finishing checks as hard as possible. To say that he's hard to hit is true. To say it's impossible is false. After all, the flying elbow he delivered to Daniel was retaliation for Daniel flooring him in the corner. He clearly got embarrassed when he got laid out by a "sister", who his team has made the butt of all jokes, and bullied since they came into the league.

Wolfhard is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:47 AM
  #96
Bombsy
Registered User
 
Bombsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
I'm more of a lurker than a poster these days but thought I'd weigh in on this. The cheapshot Keith laid on Daniel should be compared to the one that Claude Lemieux laid on Kris Draper in 1996. The difference being that the victim here was one of the best players on the game. And that player being missed in the playoffs screwing any chance of getting by LA. Sidenote, Canucks did outscore LA in the 2 games Daniel was back for.

Anyways, the next time the Wings and Avs played the next season, Darren McCarty kind of jumped Claude Lemieux and never gave him a chance to fight back. Lemieux "turtled" but he really never had a chance from the get-go. The game after that, Lemieux and McCarty both started the game. Lemieux switched to LW to line-up beside McCarty who was playing RW. They talked and dropped the mitts and fought off the opening draw. Lemieux lost the fight but gained respect.

That is how Duncan Keith should handle this before it has the potential to turn into a Moore/Naslund/Bertuzzi situation. Keith should expect to have someone tougher like Kassian or Bieksa go after him and Keith should fight back. He'll probably lose the fight but that situation will be over and done with. The Canucks / Hawks rivalry will still be there and hopefully as good as ever. But the worries about getting even with Duncan Keith for his cheapshot will be over and done with. Squaring off with Alex Burrows does nothing to settle the score.

Bombsy is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:47 AM
  #97
L4cer8
Registered User
 
L4cer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
You jackals with the bloodlust... let's just get a damn win. Who gives a crap about Keith?

L4cer8 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:48 AM
  #98
goodluckchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
I just hope the Canucks don't lose their focus like they did in that dreaded infamous Colorado game.

Play civilized and sportsmanlike and beat them where it counts, on the loss column.

No personal agendas, team sport and let's get a W.

I'm sick of these posts calling for Keith's head. What good is that gonna do?

goodluckchuck is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:52 AM
  #99
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4cer8 View Post
You jackals with the bloodlust... let's just get a damn win. Who gives a crap about Keith?


If you try to injure our best players, expect some push back.

Nuckles is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:53 AM
  #100
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombsy View Post
I'm more of a lurker than a poster these days but thought I'd weigh in on this. The cheapshot Keith laid on Daniel should be compared to the one that Claude Lemieux laid on Kris Draper in 1996. The difference being that the victim here was one of the best players on the game. And that player being missed in the playoffs screwing any chance of getting by LA. Sidenote, Canucks did outscore LA in the 2 games Daniel was back for.

Anyways, the next time the Wings and Avs played the next season, Darren McCarty kind of jumped Claude Lemieux and never gave him a chance to fight back. Lemieux "turtled" but he really never had a chance from the get-go. The game after that, Lemieux and McCarty both started the game. Lemieux switched to LW to line-up beside McCarty who was playing RW. They talked and dropped the mitts and fought off the opening draw. Lemieux lost the fight but gained respect.

That is how Duncan Keith should handle this before it has the potential to turn into a Moore/Naslund/Bertuzzi situation. Keith should expect to have someone tougher like Kassian or Bieksa go after him and Keith should fight back. He'll probably lose the fight but that situation will be over and done with. The Canucks / Hawks rivalry will still be there and hopefully as good as ever. But the worries about getting even with Duncan Keith for his cheapshot will be over and done with. Squaring off with Alex Burrows does nothing to settle the score.
Good post, too bad there's no class in the league any more.

PRNuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.