HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ovechkin

Old
01-31-2013, 01:02 AM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
You can toss him in as well. I don't mind taking back a cap dump
Only if we get to keep half his salary and you send us Connolly.

Didn't realize you gave up on Kessel and Phaneuf already. That was fast.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:16 AM
TacitEndorsement

Crazy that nobody would want him.

TacitEndorsement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:36 AM
Trae

vCash: 50
In real life, if Ovechkin was available, there would be no shortage of teams lining up for his services. The amount of interest would be monumental and he would surely bring back a huge return, poor start and all. Hes still a top player in this league simply in need of a change. Personally, I think a trade would be beneficial to both him and the caps, but I don't think it would happen. And for anyone scared of the contract, surely WSH could digest a little of the hit, though Ovechkin is still worth a ton of money and the value is still there.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:07 AM
captainpaxil

i could avtually see ovechkin traded for a modest return on the assumption the other team is going to buy him out

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:13 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Ryan O'Reilly, Stefan Elliott, David Jones, 3rd for Ovechkin

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:23 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja View Post
Crazy that nobody would want him.
9.3M to put up 66 points? To put that into perspective. We're paying both Sedins almost the same amount. Ovie's value is drastically reduced because of his contract. Sure he could rebound but who wants to gamble not only a king's ransom in assets but this funk lingering?

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:27 AM
onlyhockey*

i think in my person opinion that ovechkin will be traded to the jets

onlyhockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:15 AM
Will Hunting

That would mean trading at its lowest. But hes no longer a real superstar.. Hes way overpaid now as well, with horrible contract. Bad times are probably coming, that means his value can decrease further.

I mean, hes tradeable, but the return would be not very intriguing.

something like: Young solid roster player + prospect + 2nd

Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:31 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
We can make things simpler than economics. OVie and Crosby hate each other. They wouldn't be able to co-exist. Malkin would have to be the peacemaker. Good luck with that. Makes no sense for Pittsburgh for many reasons.
They don't hate each other that I've heard, they like to play "One up each other" in Caps-Pens games.I can't imagine them actually disliking each other off the ice as they haven't spent more than a couple combined hours together.That said, their feelings for each other are a moot point as the Caps will not trade Ovi to a bitter rival at this point.Oh and I heard that since opposites attract, *rumor* they might be dating each other. We're allowed to post baseless unsubstantiated rumors, right?

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Jerzey Devil

Love to have him on a line with Kovy but the Devils couldn't afford to take on that contract or give up the necessary assets.

It would probably take Larsson + Henrique + and I don't think any Devils fan would do that.

Lowball offer would be Merrill + Matteau + Tedenby + 2nd.

Jerzey Devil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
In real life, if Ovechkin was available, there would be no shortage of teams lining up for his services. The amount of interest would be monumental and he would surely bring back a huge return, poor start and all. Hes still a top player in this league simply in need of a change. Personally, I think a trade would be beneficial to both him and the caps, but I don't think it would happen. And for anyone scared of the contract, surely WSH could digest a little of the hit, though Ovechkin is still worth a ton of money and the value is still there.
I think you have the two mixed up. There would be a lot of interest... but not if the Caps expected a huge return. He's under contract for 8 more years (after this season), and is owed 88m. IF the caps were to move him, I don't see them retaining any salary. 8 years is a long time to commit to retaining salary/cap for a player no longer on your roster. Although if they did retain salary, their asking price could go up a lot. OV as a 6m player has a LOT more value over OV as a 9.5m player.

As for what he could actually get... look at the Nash deal. It would be something like that. He could get something better IF he was producing at his old PPG+ levels. But he's not, and that contract makes anyone taking a gamble on him a huge risk financially.

Best case, top prospect, 1st, young high potential top 6 forward.

But then you have to question whether that's worth it to whomever is acquiring him. If I'm going to trade someone who'll likely put up 75%+ of OV's numbers (and you're praying for a PPG) at 50% of his salary (or there abouts), and not have to give up these other pieces... what makes more sense?

Someone posted an offer for the Pens with Kunitz, Kennedy, Despres, 1st. I'd do that. Yes it would put the Pens into cap hell. However only in a couple years (when Letang and Malkin need new deals). Next year they're fine, and they have players they could move/buyout (Martin) that would give them the space they need to retain everyone come year 3. I'd be quite content with OV, Crosby, Malkin and Neal in the top 6. That said the Pens do not need another star on the team... just a quality top 6 forward (or ideally two - which they could afford with what OVs cap hit is).

But then it's all a pipe dream as Washington isn't trading OV - and if they did it would never be to Pittsburgh.

"Its not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, its as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."

Last edited by Riptide: 01-31-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:06 AM
ShootIt

Florida:
9th round pick.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Soth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
For an Ovechkin who actually gives a @$% again, the Canucks would value him at

Kesler , Edler Kassian = Ovechkin.
I wouldn't even trade one of those guys for ovie the way he's been playing. He is almost double the cap hit of kes or edler.

A trade of luongo + kassian could work for both teams since nucks are in a win now phase, but i really wouldn't want to give up kassian tbh. Even that might not work with the cap going down next season.

Soth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:17 AM
Sotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Florida:
9th round pick.

Sotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:24 AM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Ovechkin is the last player to ever to be traded. It would never happen.

His value? Considering his drop in production and mammoth contract I don't think there would be a whole lot of interest. Maybe Florida would have interest.
I wouldn't be so sure. That kind of money is ridiculous to invest in one player when you're in a cap world. The cap may drop next year, which means they've got an even larger portion of their salary structure betting the farm on one player's ability to produce. I don't know if the Capitals freely gave him that amount or if he indirectly put himself before the team through hardball negotiating, but it's a pretty good lesson to learn. Is there any possible way for teams to buyout and then re-sign that player at a more decent cap hit, or do these compliance buyouts have resistrictions?

I agree, though, a team that has trouble getting to the cap floor is probably the best option.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:48 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Brayden Schenn
Luke Schenn
Jakub Voracek
2013 2nd

FOR

Alex Ovechkin
Dmitri Orlov
Caps eat 1.5M of Ovie's cap hit

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:53 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. That kind of money is ridiculous to invest in one player when you're in a cap world. The cap may drop next year, which means they've got an even larger portion of their salary structure betting the farm on one player's ability to produce. I don't know if the Capitals freely gave him that amount or if he indirectly put himself before the team through hardball negotiating, but it's a pretty good lesson to learn. Is there any possible way for teams to buyout and then re-sign that player at a more decent cap hit, or do these compliance buyouts have resistrictions?

I agree, though, a team that has trouble getting to the cap floor is probably the best option.
He agreed to something like 6 years at 9 million per and Leonsis offered another 7 at 10 per.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:07 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Florida:
9th round pick.
Nice

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:09 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
Brayden Schenn
Luke Schenn
Jakub Voracek
2013 2nd

FOR

Alex Ovechkin
Dmitri Orlov
As much as I love OV, that's not a bad offer.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:14 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
As much as I love OV, that's not a bad offer.
Without Orlov and with the 2nd being a 1st, maybe. At this point I'd rather have Orlov than Luke Schenn.

Thing to consider is that even if Ovi plays at the level he played last season/in the KHL he's a 40g 80p player at worst on pretty much any team that has top 6 players to put him with and secondary scoring depth. Flyers top 6 would probably be Ovechkin-Giroux-Simmonds/Hartnell-Briere-Read. Laviolette runs an offensive style. In that situation he's probably 45-95 if not 50-100+. And he still brings everything in the playoffs.

That's a trade that would haunt us for a long time.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
That line-up isn't fair
this is one of those errr....because the line up sucks or because you think its dominant?
you've traded your #1 scorer for a lesser scorer, traded your #1 defenceman and installed a rookie in his place.
how are you any better?

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:33 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
You had me at Edler, Kassian

where do I sign?

In all seriousness, doesn't the new CBA allow teams to retain salary? I'd spring for that if there was a decent return. If not, wait and see if he gets his head out of his ass and starts winning, or possibly buy him out after next season if Forsberg looks good.
No. I stated an Ovechkin that actually still gives a @$%$#. The 60 goal scoring Ovechkin who is all over the ice dominating.

His trade worth is Kesler, Edler and Kassian .

The Ovechkin that is left now playing for the Capitals that could CARE LESS about anything except his SMOKING HOT fiance.............that guy isnt even worth Kesler straight up.

I would give you Edler and a 2nd.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Domino11

How about

Beaulieu + 1round 2013 + Leblanc + gionta vs ovi

Cap get a young dman with a #1 potential
Get a 1round that probably be in the top 15
Get a good vet that put some point (specially with a centre like backstrom)
Get a young centre in Leblanc that is a potential 2 centre

I think it a fair offer for ovi due to is cap hit

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:52 PM
n3ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
Brayden Schenn
Luke Schenn
Jakub Voracek
2013 2nd

FOR

Alex Ovechkin
Dmitri Orlov
Would rather have Couturier; The caps don't need another D-man who can't skate or score. No on Orlov.

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
KingCanadain1976

again reading thru this if you think a team in the east would have a shot at ovie your crazy. Why would washington trade him to a team they re going to play 6 times a year. He would be going west simple as that. Team he may be interested nashville coyates columbus all next a offensive star forward kings ( they do have the depth to put in a good offer and a star winger would be the media star there team needs More of a draw sorta thing) duck have some ufa players that could be moved for him. edmonton maybe as well if they want to give up one of the big 3 and spend a bit All these are better shot then anyone in the east imo

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote