HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 10:12 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

vCash: 500
Weiss would be great. So would Ryder. Really depends on what the playoff picture looks like. I could also see Phoenix selling Sullivan if they are out. Would prefer the first two obviously. Neither of the three should command too much since they are all UFA's this summer (i.e. rentals)

Weiss/Ryder for a 2nd, prospect
Sullivan for a 3rd/4th

Old
01-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Vitto79

quite evident they are going to trade for a 6th Dman at some point and if DZ and Staal stay on the 2nd pair it could be a LD.

Torts has no confidence in Bickel besides gooning it up so he should really be packaged in a deal if possible. If not Gilory and Eminger are UFA so a team would take them for a body likely but a 3rd rounder is what they likely dangle

Chance Boychuck slips to the Rangers in waivers today. Weise did to Vancouver who had the last claim a yr ago

Old
01-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I agree, but if they are going to go after someone at the deadline and they want to make a serious push, it should be a #4 guy in case an injury occurs during a game, etc.

Bickel and Eminger have been useless so far this season. Why even sign them?
I dont think the Rangers have the assets right now to obtain a top 4 guy. Not to mention every team in the league is looking for the same thing.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont think the Rangers have the assets right now to obtain a top 4 guy. Not to mention every team in the league is looking for the same thing.
I would say a strength of this team is they don't really need a top four defenseman.

01-31-2013, 10:20 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
quite evident they are going to trade for a 6th Dman at some point and if DZ and Staal stay on the 2nd pair it could be a LD.

Torts has no confidence in Bickel besides gooning it up so he should really be packaged in a deal if possible. If not Gilory and Eminger are UFA so a team would take them for a body likely but a 3rd rounder is what they likely dangle

Chance Boychuck slips to the Rangers in waivers today. Weise did to Vancouver who had the last claim a yr ago
Would love having Boychuk

Old
01-31-2013, 10:23 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Morrow and Robidas would fit nicely on this team, I'm already on the Phone with Joey N

Old
01-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
So what I get is around a 4th D and a few 3rd and fourth liners. Folks this is doable. We can trade for this. Ferriero has been nice so far. However, I don't think that Asham is a legit piece for the 3rd line and such. He needs to wake up. Halpern can make his case but he has to start winning more face offs and get a kick in his step. We don't need to smash and mash everyone with those lines but we need speed and size.
If we started seeing Halpern, Rupp, and Asham taking a semi regular shift that might alleviate some of this trade talk.
These guys are useful players and could easily form a "checking line" of sorts.

I don't understand why Sather signs these types of guys if they are going to get 3-5 minutes of ice time a night. we could have the Newbury's of the world do that for alot lower cap hit.

I understand Torts was sweating when we were 1-3 and needed to make sure we righted the ship. Now that we appear back on track, there is no excuse why these guys cannot play regulalry when we are tied or ahead in games.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I think it'll ease up. But I'm not sure. Torts is in panic mode a bit. I think once we get into it more, we will see them play more. It's just age with Halpern that its probably catching up to him. However he is not useless. He can play well given some time. More than 3 minutes a game.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I would say a strength of this team is they don't really need a top four defenseman.
Me too.

I think something that gets lost in the video game-like mentality around here is the effects things like that have on a locker room. Lets say the Rangers do acquire another top 4 capable defenseman, a guy who is used to playing 20 minutes a night.

All of a sudden, his minutes are reduced on the 3rd pair with the Rangers. This player is not happy with that, and so goes a vicious cycle of malcontent players.

I thought Eddie O said something great during a recent Rangers telecast - he said "A good hockey team is made up of players that embrace and execute their roles."

Old
01-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Well yeah. Known roles and executing them is the best way to help a team. However regarding D men, we do need one more guy for the third pair. Gilroy and Bickel are not the answers unless Gilroy shows improvement but I doubt he sticks anyway.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Me too.

I think something that gets lost in the video game-like mentality around here is the effects things like that have on a locker room. Lets say the Rangers do acquire another top 4 capable defenseman, a guy who is used to playing 20 minutes a night.

All of a sudden, his minutes are reduced on the 3rd pair with the Rangers. This player is not happy with that, and so goes a vicious cycle of malcontent players.

I thought Eddie O said something great during a recent Rangers telecast - he said "A good hockey team is made up of players that embrace and execute their roles."
I really don't think it's that much of a factor. Hockey doesn't have the divas you find in many other sports.

Given that any player that is acquired will likely be going from a bottom feeder to a legit contender in a strictly rental situation, I would think the majority would embrace the change.

Of course the amount of minutes Torts gives the third pairing may stretch their patience...

Old
01-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Me too.

Thats why most teams bring Vets into the fold at deadline, they know whats up

Old
01-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Don't really see Weiss as a fit. There's only room for 2 centers on the top 2 lines. I think ideally they pick up a versatile bottom six forward who can play center in the case of injury.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:06 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
TOR claims Frazer McLaren from SJ.
Quote:
Kevin DeLury ‏@TheNYRBlog
Ugh RT @TSNBobMcKenzie CAR's Zach Boychuk has been claimed off waivers by PIT.
Ugghhh

Old
01-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Ugghhh
Well we had no chance of getting him.

Don't worry guys, we still have Stu Bickel playing forward.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Ryder is in Dallas right? How would we best go about hypothetically acquiring him?

Old
01-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Ryder is in Dallas right? How would we best go about hypothetically acquiring him?
You'd have to come up with a hypothetical trade proposal and run it by hypothetical Joe Nieuwendyk.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:13 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Count me in on Rider and Weiss.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:14 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Ugghhh
ugh is right, why do people say he wasnt going to get to us when Pittsburgh got him? they were just as high as the Rangers on the list and if hte Pens didnt get him Rangers likely would have. Ahhh well he's unproven but would of been a nice gamble

Old
01-31-2013, 11:17 AM
NikC

2013 ufa

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/

pretty impressive. we could fill out quite nicely this offseason and contend for several years to come....

Old
01-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
You'd have to come up with a hypothetical trade proposal and run it by hypothetical Joe Nieuwendyk.
I don't make the proposals I just see who's potentially able to be had. I am not sure of how muh his value is in Dallas.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Banned.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, yes. I was hoping someone would say this.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Can we legitimately trade for Gomez before the deadline for depth for a career AHLer that the sharks like? What I would give to see him in a Rangers Jersey once more.
No can do mate. He's too valuable to the Sharks.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:33 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Banned.
Yup.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
01-31-2013, 11:35 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/

pretty impressive. we could fill out quite nicely this offseason and contend for several years to come....
Every inch of cap space will be used to re-sign Stepan, McDonagh and Hagelin. There will be a crazy amount of player movement this offseason though so a lot of other teams near the limit can fit under the $64 mil cap.

Closed Thread