Nino Niederreiter?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:40 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Grzelcyk is probably too far away, but what about Krug?
Krug isn't exactly lighting it up, so they may not be convinced of his upside. I thought of Griz because you'd have to be impressed with the rookie season he's having at BU.

01-31-2013, 10:41 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I like Nino, have seen him twice this year live, plus All-Star game and as crazy as this sounds, I'd rather have Spooner.

I've heard some interesting comments about Nino and his skills translating to the NHL and I'd probably pass for Spooner plus especially. I think the Islanders know this to. He's a prospect and a good one but he did not impress last year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Hes a headcase. I don't want him. The Isles are trying to develop him and all he's doing is crying and whining like a baby. Suck it up kid.

He's pulling a Kessel when he got benched, and I don't want anything to do with him.
All of this.. I don't think he's worth it if he's already *****ing about how he's being handled. I'm not gonna give up on a spooner for him.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Krug isn't exactly lighting it up, so they may not be convinced of his upside. I thought of Griz because you'd have to be impressed with the rookie season he's having at BU.
Funny, the last couple of reports I heard about Krug were that the Bruins were very pleased with him.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 AM
flannelman
trite pretentiousnes

vCash: 50
Quote:
I wonder if the Isles saying that is damage control. If they're just trying to look like they're not in a weaker negotiating position.

I'd be excited to see what he could do here. My concern is also the cost and if we even have the assets to get it done. What about something like Khokhlachev and Grzelcyk?
I dunno about KoKo - i like the kid.

Nino could be a good short and long term fit. but if we can't keep the team together, than this year is more of a 'GO BIG' year for us and then we'll likely have to let go of some of the pieces during the off season.

At this point, I think I'd be more inclined to pick him up after the playoffs, Bill. And then maybe sending them back a legit NHLer, like Pevs in exchange for Nino.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Rumpy

I would deal Subban Caron and Knight for him.

As someone else stated he is a 20 year old 5th OV pick you gotta give a little to get a little. I'd take the risk as it could pay immediate dividends

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:01 AM
northeastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Great fit indeed and if Horton is to be let go at the end of the year I could even see him moving into the top 6 taking his place

Rumors are the Isles will not deal him and I don't blame them. Asking price would be a lot and i'm not sure Chia would be willing to pay that

The way this season is going there is no way Horton is leaving...

But its somewhat sad when a player wants out and a team holds them hostage. Lose lose situation... but he wouldn't come cheap

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:09 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
I dunno about KoKo - i like the kid.

Nino could be a good short and long term fit. but if we can't keep the team together, than this year is more of a 'GO BIG' year for us and then we'll likely have to let go of some of the pieces during the off season.

At this point, I think I'd be more inclined to pick him up after the playoffs, Bill. And then maybe sending them back a legit NHLer, like Pevs in exchange for Nino.
I like Koko too. A lot. Subban & Grzelcyk as well. I'm just trying to give fair value. After the season could work too, if Peverley doesn't designate the Isles as one of the 15 teams he won't go to.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:16 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Something around Caron, Knight and a 2nd
Why would anyone value Caron at this point? Sure he's still young, but he's done nothing when given a chance to play at the NHL level, and even less when playing in the AHL against players he should dominate. He's getting close to being a bust at this point, IMO. I don't think his trade value is anything decent right now.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:17 AM
flannelman
trite pretentiousnes

vCash: 50
Quote:
I like Koko too. A lot. Subban & Grzelcyk as well. I'm just trying to give fair value. After the season could work too, if Peverley doesn't designate the Isles as one of the 15 teams he won't go to.
don't be logical! fair value? did someone slip something into you coffee?

sidebar: who the hell doesn't have a NTC? Seems like everyone does these days.

How would you feel about Knight over Koko?

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post

As someone else stated he is a 20 year old 5th OV pick you gotta give a little to get a little. I'd take the risk as it could pay immediate dividends
He's gotten 3 points in 64 games in the NHL. He is already complaining about his playing time. I know he's got talent and i'm sure he'll turn into something good. Just don't know if i want to give up on a young goalie and knight. If we got him for caron I'd take that but i assume the isles aren't that inept.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
patty59

I wouldn't give up much for him. I like his size but he hasn't done a thing in the NHL.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Hes a headcase. I don't want him. The Isles are trying to develop him and all he's doing is crying and whining like a baby. Suck it up kid.

He's pulling a Kessel when he got benched, and I don't want anything to do with him.
They rushed him into the league and now that he's ready they leave him in the AHL. Doesn't make much sense if you ask me

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:23 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I wouldn't give up much for him. I like his size but he hasn't done a thing in the NHL.
Sounds vaguely familiar, no?

<Cough>Jordan Caron <Cough>

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:23 AM
RustyBruins72

i can't really believe that GS would give up on this guy so early on, even with the rumoured trade request.

But if there's a chance the b's could get him? Good grief, by all means. Give up a couple of prospects and a pick. IMO, this kid will develop in to a really solid NHL player.

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:24 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
The way this season is going there is no way Horton is leaving...

But its somewhat sad when a player wants out and a team holds them hostage. Lose lose situation... but he wouldn't come cheap
I hope we can keep him, he really fits this team well and he is well liked

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:24 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Hasn't done a thing in the NHL, before the age of 20, playing with Pandolfo and Wallace on the Islanders 4th line.

Going into his age 22 season, Brad Marchand still hadn't scored an NHL goal.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
JMiller

Chia would have to have a real crush on him. It seems like he's pretty high on the prospects we have. If there were a similar type player who had real skills but was "underperforming" in a way that wasn't getting fixed in Boston, then maybe they'd work a deal. But there has been nothing but positive statements coming out of the prospect pool (other than Caron and a few comments about Seguin this year).

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:06 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
All of this.. I don't think he's worth it if he's already *****ing about how he's being handled. I'm not gonna give up on a spooner for him.
maybe to hard on Nino because I'd take him in a heart beat- especially after watching him interact at the All-Star game (although that had nothing to do with on ice, he really has charisma)...I'm just not sure of his value in a trade

people are looking at #5 overall the same way many here are looking at 500 goals and legendary status for Iginla

I like Spooner alot and Kirk's boss at Red Line told me once when I asked him about Spooner going in the second round, that had he not had a major injury (think it was his shoulder but cant remember) he likely could have gone in the 20's...he was a first round talent

The Islanders should have plenty of suitors for him, but if I was Snow I want Koko and Spooner or Knight

not sold on him yet

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:07 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post

Hickey was 4th no guarantee (and I liked Hickey more than Nino coming out) their are warts on Nino sounds like

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

He's definitely intriguing, in that he is potentially the pure goal scorer this team lacks, and someone that might be able to play alongside Seguin for years to come.

How about Knight + Svedberg + Krug?

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:20 PM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
maybe to hard on Nino because I'd take him in a heart beat- especially after watching him interact at the All-Star game (although that had nothing to do with on ice, he really has charisma)...I'm just not sure of his value in a trade

people are looking at #5 overall the same way many here are looking at 500 goals and legendary status for Iginla

I like Spooner alot and Kirk's boss at Red Line told me once when I asked him about Spooner going in the second round, that had he not had a major injury (think it was his shoulder but cant remember) he likely could have gone in the 20's...he was a first round talent

The Islanders should have plenty of suitors for him, but if I was Snow I want Koko and Spooner or Knight

not sold on him yet
Maybe a little harsh.. but he hasn't really proven himself in the nhl.. he's 20. He probabley has a future in the nhl.. but he's had 64 games to show a glimmer. I haven't seen in when they've played the b's.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
I'm not so sure. Why would a team give up a top-notch-prospect for a top-notch-prospect with baggage?

I'd think they'd have a better chance getting a package of futures or like you said, a player who could help them now and a pick.
Baggage?

what baggage?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
Baggage?

what baggage?
Asking for a trade can be considered baggage, no?

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
Asking for a trade can be considered baggage, no?
He asked for a trade from a crappy New York team. I call it smart.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I don't know what it would take to get him but a future third line of Niño - Spooner - Knight would be impressive. Ive always felt Spooner and Knight will be the full-time replacements for Kelly and Peverely when their contracts are up or are traded because of the cap.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote