HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PK Subban to Oilers or Wings

Old
01-31-2013, 09:30 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Posts like this make the rest of us Red Wings fans look bad. I literally facepalmed as soon as I read that post.

I dont think he comment was all that bad, I think he meant Smith in a package for a franchise guy. I dont think he meant straight up.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:39 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Most of the league already has.

As far as the OP goes, Detroit won't be trading any assets for a holdout that's a UFA in a couple years.

Besides, he's not a #1 defenseman. He'd be #2 on Detroit until Smith takes him over and then he'd be overpaid.

Not worth the assets.

Also, why would Edmonton want Subban?
why edmonton would want him ?

Because they r weak at defense just like the wings, and subban is young great defensively, good offensively, he is a workaolic, you don't have to motivate him, he always give his 100% and over.

that guy is passionated and he is a great dman. Ok u can argue that the habs finished last, but Subban had great numbers while playing vs top lines.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:19 AM
solo16

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
why edmonton would want him ?

Because they r weak at defense just like the wings, and subban is young great defensively, good offensively, he is a workaolic, you don't have to motivate him, he always give his 100% and over.

that guy is passionated and he is a great dman. Ok u can argue that the habs finished last, but Subban had great numbers while playing vs top lines.
With Subban's current cap hit he is untradable. He is one of the higher value players in the game at this point. You cannot trade for a top pairing Dman under 3M! Could you imagine a contender adding him for 2 years below 3M!

He was worth 5M - 6M right now. More with term.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:21 AM
OILSLICK94

He just signed so this is moot point.

Klefbom & Paajarvi
FOR
Subban

OILSLICK94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:24 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILSLICK94 View Post

Klefbom & Paajarvi
FOR
Subban
lol no

No reason for the Habs to trade for a D prospect (we have tons) and a speedy but unproductive winger

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILSLICK94 View Post

Klefbom & Paajarvi
FOR
Subban
No thanks!

Most Oilers fans said they don't need PK so why would they trade for him?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:13 AM
CharlesHabsFan

In any case, Subban is not going to be traded for 4 reasons

1. He just resigned
2. It's been discussed already here
3. Habs are not in rebuilding
3. Who said his teammates don't like Subban ?

1. Yes, Subban signed a transitory contract of two years in which he is going to get 5,75 millions, which is not really enough and yes he will be RFA again in two years. That means that in two years, he is still bond to the team and won't be signing anywhere else unless Montreal clearly states they will not sign him again. Or if he is traded even before finishing his contract.

2. But the trade is unlikely to happen since it's been discussed soooo many times here. Everyone wants Subban, but no one wants to give anything. Philadelphia, Detroit, Edmonton have been mentionned more than their share. Philadelphia needs to give someone like Couturier (which I personnally don't feel we absolutely need), Edmonton have to send one of the Big 4 (preferably Eberle on my part) and Detroit must include their best prospect (Smith most likely). These are mostly one on one trades and neither of those three teams are willing to do them.

3. What some don't seem to understand is that Montréal is in no way rebuilding right now. We could say we are patching some holes, that's all. And holes have been filled greatly this year with a new GM, new coach and two rookies who have fire in their eyes. But if you look at last night's game against Ottawa, I would have taken Subban at his position to spar with Karlsson. So don't even bother asking for Subban by wanting to give future prospects we already have tons of or replaceable pieces we don't need since we already have that too. If you are not willing to give an impact player for Subban, it won't do us any good.

4. I'm sick of the sayings that Subban is hated in the locker room. Who said that ? Did any player ever say "I hate Subban, I wish he'd be gone." ? No one has, not even Plekanec and Desharnais who had squarreled with him (which is bound to happen when a team struggles...), but the media does it everytime. Subban this, Subban that, he's hated, he's trouble. But hey, I finally understood when the players were giving interviews about his signing. The players are not sick of Subban... they are sick of the medias asking about Subban. They are a team that is very united this year and don't need or want to talk about individual players. Subban will help the team and they all know it, but for now, like Markov said, he is not in the locker yet. So will the medias shut about him until he's there and talk about the upcoming games that are much more important. That's what I get from the players. There's no hate about Subban, just annoyance of being asked about him every single day.

Andrei Markov : "Next question..."

CharlesHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
High On Oil

Petry + Paajarvi + Lander + 1st

for

Subban + Eller

High On Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mLian View Post
Petry + Paajarvi + Lander + 1st

for

Subban + Eller
Replace Lander with RNH and you have a deal.

Realistically, Hall would be the one of big 4 I'd want.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
OilCanada92

40 point Dman with a money wanting attitude isn't worth the "big" 4. Get prospects and someone to fill in the slot.

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:20 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCanada92 View Post
40 point Dman with a money wanting attitude isn't worth the "big" 4. Get prospects and someone to fill in the slot.
Not sure why people are coming down on a player wanting to get paid. NHL and NHL franchise owners held out for how many months so they can shove more money in their pockets. They also held out in 2004 for an entire year because they wanted more money to shove in their pockets.

Subban didn't shut down the entire NHL that fans enjoy, owners do... but that is okay /facepalm

EDIT:

Using your analogy, every player on about 25 other teams should DEMAND trades and not re-sign with their respective team because the owners were "pro" lockout. That means about 5 franchises players should flock to because the owners didn't want the "holdout" for more money...

If I remember correctly, the Oilers were "pro" lockout, that means every player on the Oilers should RUN because the ownership is "money wanting attitude" not worth players bleeding for.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Replace Lander with RNH and you have a deal.

Realistically, Hall would be the one of big 4 I'd want.
Man it's to funny seeing habs fans complain about EDM fans being unrealistic on trade offer when you see posts like this. There is zero chance that MTL even gets one of the big 4 let alone plus Petry and Paajarvi. The oilers could at any time trade one of the big 4 for Subban if they wanted but have smartly declines this option. Subban is a good d-man, but thinking he is worth the kind of return listed above is ludacris.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:04 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Is this a serious post?
I'm sure it probably is. Personally, no matter how much I like Zetterberg, and I do a lot, I can't see the sense of trading a #1/2 - 23 yr old DMan for a 32 yr old forward. The Habs aren't contending, so I don't know why anyone would suggest this kind of trade in the first place.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:08 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCanada92 View Post
That's rich. All professional athletes want their money. In PK's situation, is was supposedly more to do with term.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:24 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Smith is severely overrated by Red Wings fans.
Like potential HOFers Tatar, Nyquist and Jarnkok?

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Domino11

If Montreal trade pk it will be a kind of 1 on 1 trade ... Defenetly one of the big 4 will have to come back to mtl .. I don't see them moving eberle or RNH so my gess would be or hall or yakupov ... But I can't see it do !! Why would edm trade hall or yak !! Maybe subban + desharnais vs hall or something like that or subban vs yak strait up but I don't see it happening ..

Everybody know u built a team by the back and Edmonton will have no choice to do so if they want to win one day ! There is too much talent in front

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:38 PM
OilCanada92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Not sure why people are coming down on a player wanting to get paid. NHL and NHL franchise owners held out for how many months so they can shove more money in their pockets. They also held out in 2004 for an entire year because they wanted more money to shove in their pockets.

Subban didn't shut down the entire NHL that fans enjoy, owners do... but that is okay /facepalm

EDIT:

Using your analogy, every player on about 25 other teams should DEMAND trades and not re-sign with their respective team because the owners were "pro" lockout. That means about 5 franchises players should flock to because the owners didn't want the "holdout" for more money...

If I remember correctly, the Oilers were "pro" lockout, that means every player on the Oilers should RUN because the ownership is "money wanting attitude" not worth players bleeding for.
Money wanting as in, If he's long waiting with a team he does want to play for, whats he gonna do when its with a trade he got sent too? Every play deserves what they are worth and maybe sometimes get a overpayment. But, 40 point D-man who people are saying caved to the GMs offer, I just don't think loosing one of the 4 guys thats make up a franchise right now is worth that kind of drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
That's rich. All professional athletes want their money. In PK's situation, is was supposedly more to do with term.
Term of dollars too. Sometimes most years equal to more dollars to stay. My point is it's too "risky" right now.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:40 PM
OilCanada92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
If Montreal trade pk it will be a kind of 1 on 1 trade ... Defenetly one of the big 4 will have to come back to mtl .. I don't see them moving eberle or RNH so my gess would be or hall or yakupov ... But I can't see it do !! Why would edm trade hall or yak !! Maybe subban + desharnais vs hall or something like that or subban vs yak strait up but I don't see it happening ..

Everybody know u built a team by the back and Edmonton will have no choice to do so if they want to win one day ! There is too much talent in front
They have a solid amount of talent in the back. Just development and a little bit of size is needed that's all.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:46 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I dont think he comment was all that bad, I think he meant Smith in a package for a franchise guy. I dont think he meant straight up.
At least one person understood me...

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
I dont agree with this at all. To me PK is an excellent third, a good second or a marginal first. Maybe he will become an excellent first at some point in the future but he is not there now.
Fair enough. I made the cardinal mistake here of listening to SOME Montreal fans hyping/overvaluing their player.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Horseradish

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
They do have Smith
Smith couldn't land a #2 d-man straight up, let alone a franchise d-man. This is crazy talk. I see his ceiling as somebody like Tom Gilbert or Hamrlik. A good d-man, average #2 option, good at both ends of the ice, but nothing more, and not somebody who can take over a game.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Iceonfire

Considering how well Diaz and Markov have been playing, it would not be shocking to see PK traded.

Petry + Paajarvi + 1st 2013, 3rd 2014

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Considering how well Diaz and Markov have been playing, it would not be shocking to see PK traded.

Petry + Paajarvi + 1st 2013, 3rd 2014
Lol, subban is much better defensively, there's noway we trade him for that cheap

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:12 PM
Iceonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Lol, subban is much better defensively, there's noway we trade him for that cheap
That cheap?

Pronger in his prime was traded for a very rough and young Smid, Lupul a 1st, a conditional 1st and a 2nd.

So what has Subban done to earn a return that would be similar to what Pronger received?

Even when EDM traded for Pronger in the 1st place they traded Brewer, Woywitka and Lynch.

Here you have a young D with good upside, a winger with size, a mid to early 1st, and a 3rd next year.

You may not agree, but considering his attitude and contract, this trade is fair.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:25 PM
sheed36

Sigh.. I was hoping after PK re-signed these threads would stop but I guess not.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote