HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Columbus (Ryan O'Reilly)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 10:20 PM
  #51
MalkinVP71
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post
The deal cancellation was a mutual agreement, meaning they both agreed to it... not because he was forced to.



Wrong he was kicked out, thats very well documented

MalkinVP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:22 PM
  #52
CBJFan19*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Pot calling the kettle black much?

Johansen is very skilled, he's not at O'Reilly's level yet. In a deal today, you don't put the entire weight of the trade upon a player reaching their potential when you are moving a young asset like O'Reilly without picking up an insurance policy.

I'd love to hear your argument on why Erixon is so supremely better than Elliott or Barrie however, let alone Siemens. It must be so silly I can't comprehend it.

Might as well pack up every O'Reilly thread if we're dealing him under the assumption he will leave overseas. Something completely baseless and routed in fiction.
once again he's better because he's 2 years older, has 2 more years to develop, but Johanson has much higher potetial
there is no argument only fact, Erixon is a top 10 prospect in all of hockey

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:24 PM
  #53
CBJFan19*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
The kid probably doesn't know who these players even are.


You're just saying this because you think Johansen and Erixon will reach their full potential. There is a high chance that they will, but it's hard for us to trade an already proven player for prospects (especially for a player that was already traded twice). That said I think Avs would do this and Columbus passes.
LOl sounds like you have no idea how good Erixon is
theres a reason just about everybody is saying Columbus is getting *****

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:35 PM
  #54
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
there is no argument only fact, Erixon is a top 10 prospect in all of hockey
Erixon is a top-10 prospect currently in the AHL.

But there's plenty of guys ahead of him.

What Columbus can currently afford to move in my opinion is very little. It's Brassard, Umberger, or Wisniewski for more offense or one of Savard/Erixon. Maybe we can package away one of our 3 1st's (NYR or LA). That's nothing on Colorado or O'Reilly's value. Simply where the Jackets are as a team.


Last edited by Crede777: 01-28-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:56 PM
  #55
BlueDream
Registered User
 
BlueDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 6,996
vCash: 500
Colorado should never do that. Erixon is overrated.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:58 PM
  #56
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Jesus, a few games and Johansen has gotten a little overrated eh?

O'Reilly is more proven and I question some that are saying Johansen has higher upside. A 70+ point center who could have some selke trophies vs a ppg center with solid defense.. Which is more valuable to you?

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:01 AM
  #57
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
LOl sounds like you have no idea how good Erixon is
theres a reason just about everybody is saying Columbus is getting *****
If he is SO good like you say he is, why didn't the Rangers keep him and trade one of their other defenders instead? Food for thought.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:03 AM
  #58
CBJFan19*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
If he is SO good like you say he is, why didn't the Rangers keep him and trade one of their other defenders instead? Food for thought.
because they wanted Rich Nash and Columbus wanted Erixon
boy that was pretty simple to figure out
if he's not as good as you think he is then why is he ranked so highly on the majority rankings?

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:05 AM
  #59
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
because they wanted Rich Nash and Columbus wanted Erixon
boy that was pretty simple to figure out
if he's not as good as you think he is then why is he ranked so highly on the majority rankings?
Prospect rankings literally mean ****

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:19 AM
  #60
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Prospect rankings literally mean ****
Yup and I think on HF they had Wolski as an 8.0 C, LOL.

So my next question to that CBJ fan is why do you prefer a prospect over a proven player like Del Zotto? I'm not saying Erixon won't reach his potential, but if Rangers traded him because they (ultimately) considered him expendable then I have my doubts.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:38 AM
  #61
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,578
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Jesus, a few games and Johansen has gotten a little overrated eh?
He has company in that regard with another center in this thread.

Honestly, he looks like he's turning things around. Trading him right now would be a pretty serious mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
O'Reilly is more proven and I question some that are saying Johansen has higher upside. A 70+ point center who could have some selke trophies vs a ppg center with solid defense.. Which is more valuable to you?
The latter, because we have a metric ****ton of two-way forwards who can carry the load and plenty of other similar forwards in the system who can fill those sorts of roles if/when they grow up and become NHLers. We need competent scoring talent, and badly.

O'Reilly would be a fantastic fit as is, even if he never repeats or improves upon that 55-point season. But not at the prices being quoted.

* * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
If he is SO good like you say he is, why didn't the Rangers keep him and trade one of their other defenders instead? Food for thought.
Because we had - and still have - quality roster players on defense and wanted an all-around guy for the future, and Erixon was the best they had in that regard? And they had no intention whatsoever of giving up MDZ because he's the only puckmoving blueliner on that roster? And when it came to roster players we had a much more overwhelmingly pressing need for roster forwards rather than defensemen?

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:58 PM
  #62
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 500
Great, lets do this then eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
Of course you would.
in fantasy land I will do the former or the latter ha ha ha

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:32 PM
  #63
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,673
vCash: 500
Columbus will not give up Johansen that easily. It's been said multiple times throughout this thread and Colorado probably wouldn't wany anything else from Columbus for O'Reilly, so I don't really see where there's a deal to be made.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:14 AM
  #64
hockeyviking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: malmo
Country: Sweden
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkinVP71 View Post
Wrong he was kicked out, thats very well documented
where ?

hockeyviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
  #65
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Honestly, I feel it's a great deal for Columbus so I'd be interested to hear more opinions of what Jackets fans have to say rather than just one poster.

If this whole fiasco didn't happen Colorado hangs up the phone. I did expect some overrating of potential and underrating of Ryan O'Reilly
The deal may be fair, but I have no interest in the trade. I would rather keep Erixon, Johansen, and the cap space.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:09 AM
  #66
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Nikitin would be completely out of the question.



We can't really afford to give up wingers for more centers right now, so Foligno and Umberger are not going to be available.

We could potentially have a conversation about Brassard.


And the OP's suggestion of Johansen+Erixon is completely crazy. I'd frankly hesitate at that if he'd already established himself as regularly producing at the level of last year, as opposed to "one year, with future years looking extremely likely".
I have no problem trading Nikitin or Umberger. I don't know why Colorado would want either of them though.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:54 AM
  #67
NOTENOUGHBREWER
Registered User
 
NOTENOUGHBREWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,675
vCash: 500
Here's food for thought. How many good defenders have the Avs developed that are on the roster or on other teams rosters (traded away or left as UFA). I can think of Liles and I guess Shattenkirk.

They've been able to develop two good defenders since 2004. And Shattenkirk wasn't nearly as good on the Avs. If they take Erixon they'll likely ruin him. So they shouldn't take any young defenders with upside as the upside will never be reached.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:02 PM
  #68
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Honestly, I feel it's a great deal for Columbus so I'd be interested to hear more opinions of what Jackets fans have to say rather than just one poster.

If this whole fiasco didn't happen Colorado hangs up the phone. I did expect some overrating of potential and underrating of Ryan O'Reilly
As an Oiler fan I would rather have Johansen . Lots of Oiler fans have wanted him as our second line center for a while . Plus Johansen seem to be a team first guy which makes him a much better fit for the Oilers

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:21 PM
  #69
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,578
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
As an Oiler fan I would rather have Johansen . Lots of Oiler fans have wanted him as our second line center for a while . Plus Johansen seem to be a team first guy which makes him a much better fit for the Oilers
You know the price.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:45 PM
  #70
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
As an Oiler fan I would rather have Johansen . Lots of Oiler fans have wanted him as our second line center for a while . Plus Johansen seem to be a team first guy which makes him a much better fit for the Oilers
As a second line center? O'Reilly is worlds better than Johansen

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
  #71
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
You know the price.

candyman82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:28 PM
  #72
danmcn12
#freeRedmond
 
danmcn12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Here's food for thought. How many good defenders have the Avs developed that are on the roster or on other teams rosters (traded away or left as UFA). I can think of Liles and I guess Shattenkirk.

They've been able to develop two good defenders since 2004. And Shattenkirk wasn't nearly as good on the Avs. If they take Erixon they'll likely ruin him. So they shouldn't take any young defenders with upside as the upside will never be reached.
Lol fool proof logic.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:23 PM
  #73
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Columbus will not give up Johansen that easily. It's been said multiple times throughout this thread and Colorado probably wouldn't wany anything else from Columbus for O'Reilly, so I don't really see where there's a deal to be made.
Yep....There isn't one. We (CBJ) are going to be bad for awhile and the last thing we need to be doing is screwing around trading our best prospects, one of which is seemingly turning the corner for a good player with not nearly the upside of RJ.

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:30 PM
  #74
EdAVSfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Columbus will not give up Johansen that easily. It's been said multiple times throughout this thread and Colorado probably wouldn't wany anything else from Columbus for O'Reilly, so I don't really see where there's a deal to be made.
Id be interested in Jack Johnson.

EdAVSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:59 AM
  #75
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,578
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAVS View Post
Id be interested in Jack Johnson.
Thanks for sharing.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.