HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 09:10 AM
doaner

vCash: 500
I'll be a wings fan. Dad side and wife are from Michigan. No brainier for me.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:31 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I'll be a wings fan. Dad side and wife are from Michigan. No brainier for me.
I'll follow Tip, Doan and Maloney if they all end up together somewhere. But beyond that, I have no idea. I've given ten years to this board and more than that to the team as a fan. Going to be a long time before I connect with another team the same way, I'd imagine. No matter what happens, we still have some of the best fans in the league and on this board.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I'll follow...not the NHL!

The lock-out showed me that there are plenty of other options. ASU, Sun Dogs, KHL, AHL, etc.

The downside of an extend lockout is that people find other things to do with their time and money. I don't really have any attachment to any players other than Doan and Vermette, and I don't even know that I'd follow #50 all that much if he left Phoenix. So really, there is no NHL team that I have any sort of affinity for. And with the lockout, the loyalty to the NHL is pretty much gone as well.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
How hard a deadline is it? Really...
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Really/1/48924
GREAT so Gretzky ****s us again. He is like a virus that infects an origination and you simply cant get rid of him. I'm sorry that he is the prodigal son but he is a large reason why we are in this mess to begin with.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:04 AM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I'll follow Tip, Doan and Maloney if they all end up together somewhere. But beyond that, I have no idea. I've given ten years to this board and more than that to the team as a fan. Going to be a long time before I connect with another team the same way, I'd imagine. No matter what happens, we still have some of the best fans in the league and on this board.
That's pretty much where I'm at. This is the only sports team I've ever followed. 16 years is a long time.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Scottyb123

Well, I haven't really dug into any of the late news reports but from the latest posts I see here I assume things do not look good.

I've been a Yotes fan for about 8 years now and being from Ontario it has been a lot of late nights following a team in the west as closely as I have and a lot of putting up with constant smart ass remarks from my friends. I feel terrible for all you other dedicated Coyote fans in Arizona who might be faced with the team leaving your back yard; I really wanted to see a new owner come in and turn things around in Phoenix.

That being said, if the move does end up happening I would encourage you to keep your support with the franchise. From experience I can tell you that supporting a team not so close to home is not as bad as it might sound. I've had a lot of fun cheering on the Coyotes over the years even though I haven't been able to attend the games. Gamecenter has been a game changer.

If the move does happen, here's hoping the Don, Tippet, and the core group stay together...

Old
01-31-2013, 10:27 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

http://www.recover-from-grief.com/7-...-of-grief.html
I think I am now at stage #6: "RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH"

I have begun to accept a life without my beloved team and I am beginning the process of reconstructing my life without Coyotes Hockey. That will free up money and time for me to take up other pursuits. I have always wanted to build a boat or something like that, I am going to look into hobbies that will be opened up now that I wont be spending money nor time on NHL hockey in the valley.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Mayor says Jamison asks for extension, contacted by 2 more groups.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...ml?sf9107339=1

Quote:
Weiers told The Arizona Republic that he was contacted by a well-known local attorney representing Jamison after 9 p.m. Wednesday to request an extension on the deadline.

Weiers declined to identify the attorney, but said he told the attorney that he had no intention to extend the deadline. The mayor carries just one of seven votes on the City Council, but his position appears to mirror the overall mood of the council, which has four newly seated members.

“The bottom line is that Jamison himself hasn’t talked with me,” Weiers said. “I do know that a group trying to help Jamison or trying to get involved with Jamison – however you want to word it – they’re trying to figure out a way to keep his deal afloat.”

Weiers said of extending the deadline: “Obviously, we’re not going to do that.”

Weiers also said that he was contacted late Wednesday night by representatives of two separate groups who expressed interest in buying the Coyotes and keeping the team in Glendale if Jamison fails to purchase the team.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:53 AM
clayman

Just a thought but what will happen to this forum if the Coyotes move? Good group of people here, hate to see it go...

I have a feeling I'll start following wherever Doan ends up.. Bummer.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:01 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
@rocandmanuch: Being told: "No attorney representing Greg Jamison talked to the mayor last night. Absolutely not true."
Meh...

Old
01-31-2013, 12:02 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman View Post
Just a thought but what will happen to this forum if the Coyotes move? Good group of people here, hate to see it go...

I have a feeling I'll start following wherever Doan ends up.. Bummer.
I'd imagine most of us would stick to wherever they move and follow those currently on the team and in the system that should make it to the NHL in time. Atleast that's what I will do. I've fallen in love with this team, my favorite team out of any of the sports, even more than my Dolphins fetish in the NFL.

But I also think I might try to follow the Avs, a team close to AZ, where I could see games if I wanted to when having time off, and a reasonable distance away. But either way, I want to see what GMDM has built to the end.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:06 PM
pacerhimself

The Honda Center isn't that far away either. I'd certainly rather see the Ducks than the Kings.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I probably won't frequent the boards anymore. Like XX said, i put in multiple years being a fan of this franchise and it would be difficult for me to ever regain a connection to the NHL. I just can't imagine coming on to this site and seeing new fans calling this team "their own."

Old
01-31-2013, 12:10 PM
goyotes

I will change my user name and start posting on the Blackhawks board. I will take in a couple NHL games a year back in Chicago.

I will always feel, however, that the NHL used this location to set up a soft landing elsewhere, and because of that, I will never feel the same about NHL hockey.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Meh...
So who do we believe? Weiers? Or Roc & Manuch? I don't see why Weiers would respond to inquiries that aren't true? I guess it doesn't even matter anymore. Jamison isn't getting the extension regardless.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:11 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerhimself View Post
The Honda Center isn't that far away either. I'd certainly rather see the Ducks than the Kings.
Ugh, I just can't imagine rooting for another Pacific Division team. I know the Ducks aren't really a rivalry, and our recent success has propped up rivalries with LA and SJ, but just the fact they are in our division I can't root for them lol.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:12 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
So who do we believe? Weiers? Or Roc & Manuch? I don't see why Weiers would respond to inquiries that aren't true? I guess it doesn't even matter anymore. Jamison isn't getting the extension regardless.
Quote:
Roc from Roc&Manuch ‏@rocandmanuch
Per Greg Jamison, no attorney representing him called the Mayor.
The circus must go on!

Old
01-31-2013, 12:14 PM
MP

Unbelievable. It's the bottom of the ninth, and Jamison stepped up to the plate holding a spork and wearing his jockstrap outside his pants.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:15 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Don, Tip, and Doan are obviously my main preferences, but it's not all about those three. I've also invested a lot of time into guys like Boedker, OEL, Samuelsson, and Gormley. I'll remain a fan of the franchise, wherever it ends up.

01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Unbelievable. It's the bottom of the ninth, and Jamison stepped up to the plate holding a spork and wearing his jockstrap outside his pants.
Almost gives credence to all the conspiracy theories. He may never have been for real. Also, I'm a little shocked that the mayor is being this hardline publicly.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
OKCDevil

I have no ties to the rumored relocation sites so I can't see myself rooting for a team in QC or Seattle. Definitely not Seattle. Those guys are jerks.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:21 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Almost gives credence to all the conspiracy theories. He may never have been for real. Also, I'm a little shocked that the mayor is being this hardline publicly.
Quote:
Weiers "NHL knows we can get the coyotes turned around"

Weiers "four council members feel the same way I do"

Weiers has had no conversations with NHL

Weiers "one of the other suitors I am comfortable with them"

Weiers saying he wants them to stay but need to support themselves

Weiers "I will start setting up appointments for the others that are interested and we will go from there" regarding other group
Just take the team already. Get it away from this clown.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
pacerhimself

The only positive I can think of is that it'd give me the all clear to buy a Minnesota Wild alternate jersey. Them some fine lookin jerseys.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:25 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I probably won't frequent the boards anymore. Like XX said, i put in multiple years being a fan of this franchise and it would be difficult for me to ever regain a connection to the NHL. I just can't imagine coming on to this site and seeing new fans calling this team "their own."
Same here. The only reason I would come here was for trade rumors. What a waste!

Old
01-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
The circus must go on!
Well it's lovely to know that Jamison is talking to somebody! Thought he went MIA there for a bit

Closed Thread