HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 05:23 AM
  #801
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
You're still missing the 8th D though. When was the last time we've ever ran with 7 D? I'd be shocked if we ran with a 22 man roster next year with our 6/7 D being Vandermeer and K-Conn.

I'm also just not a fan of either bringing in Kessel or trading Schneider. I think both are terrible ideas for this franchise.

Feel the same.



Aside: Love the jab Lu gave Cox there. lol

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:51 AM
  #802
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Luongo to Damien Cox post game tonight: "are you here scouting for the leafs?"

LMAO, this guy is gold.
Maybe he was hoping....lol

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 07:05 AM
  #803
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post
Indeed: Leafs fans are looking to the future. Another 5 years or so of top-14 picks must lead somewhere.
Yep, now if management can only learn to keep them

Confucius is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:34 AM
  #804
Sterling31
YNWA
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post
Nope: He has a 0.935sv% in his last 3 games. How many goals does Kessel have in his last 3 games?


This man:


6gms 3 g 6a 9pts
_________________________

Is better then, this man:


6gms 1g 2a 3pts
_________________________

who has equal value to this man?


6gms 1g 2a 3pts

Sterling31 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
  #805
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post


This man:


6gms 3 g 6a 9pts
_________________________

Is better then, this man:


6gms 1g 2a 3pts
_________________________

who has equal value to this man?


6gms 1g 2a 3pts
Depends, who is that Bruin? Seguin?

As sort of an outsider (who lives in Vancouver but not a Canucks fan) Wouldn't it be funny to see Luongo take back the starting job? It would have to take something huge for the Canucks to flip flop again you would think right? But I mean it was sort of silly that Luongo did really only lose the starting job in just two games last year.

FakeKidPoker* is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:40 AM
  #806
NYVanfan
Registered User
 
NYVanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Feel the same.



Aside: Love the jab Lu gave Cox there. lol
im not opposed to trading schneider, if the return is good enough. I believe Luongo can win a cup for us.
i wouldnt add that much for kessel though (multiple 1st rounders on top)
and agree wtih NFiTO, as usual ...Kessel is not ideal for this squad (and very likely untouchable)

NYVanfan is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:58 AM
  #807
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
im not opposed to trading schneider, if the return is good enough. I believe Luongo can win a cup for us.
i wouldnt add that much for kessel though (multiple 1st rounders on top)
and agree wtih NFiTO, as usual ...Kessel is not ideal for this squad (and very likely untouchable)
1. Very important....i am in no way suggesting trading Kessel.

2. If scoring is (as most Nuck's fans are saying) the problem, then a guy with 4 straight 30+ goal seasons (and a PPG one last season) should be ideal...no?

3. In what world would a player with the stats listed, and being only 25, be the same value wise as a 26 year old goalie with 70ish (?) games under his belt?

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
  #808
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
im not opposed to trading schneider, if the return is good enough. I believe Luongo can win a cup for us.
i wouldnt add that much for kessel though (multiple 1st rounders on top)
and agree wtih NFiTO, as usual ...Kessel is not ideal for this squad (and very likely untouchable)

Schneider will not be moved. All parties are past the point of no return mentally. They are all just waiting for _when_ Lu moves on, not _if_.



NFITO's got it right, Kessel is not a fit.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:17 AM
  #809
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
1. Very important....i am in no way suggesting trading Kessel.

2. If scoring is (as most Nuck's fans are saying) the problem, then a guy with 4 straight 30+ goal seasons (and a PPG one last season) should be ideal...no?

3. In what world would a player with the stats listed, and being only 25, be the same value wise as a 26 year old goalie with 70ish (?) games under his belt?

Answers:


2. Not ideal, at all. First, it would be very difficult to retain him. Second, the Canucks are trying to change their identity. Kessel fits what they were, not what they want to become.



Scoring in itself is not the problem, despite what is being said. Being able to score many different ways is. The Canucks have been a skill-based team for a while. They are top 4/5 in scoring for about 5 years running. However, they have not been able to bring that skill to bear in the playoffs because skill gets negated with size/obstruction/cycle dependent hockey. Kessel doesn't help them adapt to that style, he only feeds into the disparity.



3. I wouldn't trade Schneider alone for Kessel. Here's why: The untouchable list, or the linchpins to the Canucks are the Sedins + Hamhuis + Schneider. These guys are the building blocks or the pillars of the Canucks NHL team. Trading one would only force them to find an equivalent replacement, which Kessel is not.


Kypreos is questionable for the most part, but he did say one thing that applies here: Kessel is not a building block. Maclean agrees. He's not a player you can build a team around. He's a player that supplements a team, finishes it off, but not a base asset. Schneider is that base asset to VAN. He's not recognized as that outside of VAN, particularly due to the small amount of starts, but this guy is everything you want on the ice _and_ off the ice for his position. Teams usually keep players like that.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:23 AM
  #810
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Answers:


2. Not ideal, at all. First, it would be very difficult to retain him. Second, the Canucks are trying to change their identity. Kessel fits what they were, not what they want to become.



Scoring in itself is not the problem, despite what is being said. Being able to score many different ways is. The Canucks have been a skill-based team for a while. They are top 4/5 in scoring for about 5 years running. However, they have not been able to bring that skill to bear in the playoffs because skill gets negated with size/obstruction/cycle dependent hockey. Kessel doesn't help them adapt to that style, he only feeds into the disparity.



3. I wouldn't trade Schneider alone for Kessel. Here's why: The untouchable list, or the linchpins to the Canucks are the Sedins + Hamhuis + Schneider. These guys are the building blocks or the pillars of the Canucks NHL team. Trading one would only force them to find an equivalent replacement, which Kessel is not.


Kypreos is questionable for the most part, but he did say one thing that applies here: Kessel is not a building block. Maclean agrees. He's not a player you can build a team around. He's a player that supplements a team, finishes it off, but not a base asset. Schneider is that base asset to VAN. He's not recognized as that outside of VAN, particularly due to the small amount of starts, but this guy is everything you want on the ice _and_ off the ice for his position. Teams usually keep players like that.
I totally agree. But they also said, he is an absolute ideal piece to a team that doesn't need him to be a franchise player...ie: Vancouver. I also totally agree that Schneider won't be moved.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:48 AM
  #811
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I totally agree. But they also said, he is an absolute ideal piece to a team that doesn't need him to be a franchise player...ie: Vancouver. I also totally agree that Schneider won't be moved.


If the Canucks had no cap concerns, he would be. If the Canucks didn't have to deal Schneider, he would be. If the Canucks hadn't been stifled by bigger checking teams, he would be. But as it stands, Kessel is not an ideal piece to the Canucks. In general? Sure. A team like St. Louis or NYR before they got Nash would make great sense. To VAN, I would say not.


He's an all-star calibre sniper/playmaker, and some lucky team out there is going love having him on the roster. I just don't see that team being VAN, for a multitude of reasons.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:53 AM
  #812
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,995
vCash: 500
Personally, I wouldn't trade Schneider straight-up for Kessel. But I'm biased and really don't like Kessel's game.

Reign Nateo is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:05 PM
  #813
skg
Registered User
 
skg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,171
vCash: 500
I posted this in the other thread but Kessel just doesn't fit in Vancouver, as dynamic as he is. Just ask Alain Vigneualt if he wants to have Kessel in the lineup and I can imagine him saying "no, he can't play defence and disappears when he gets hit a few times. I don't care if he can score 40 goals." That's not knocking Kessel, that's knocking our coach.

skg is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:08 PM
  #814
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,751
vCash: 500
I must have missed something. Where did the Kessel talk start? Maybe start a Kessel thread. There is no way in hell Toronto moves Kessel for Luongo. Will never happen. It makes no sense for Toronto at all and I really can't see Kessel being a player Gillis and Vinnie would like to add. His game does not fit Kesler or the Sedins that well. He needs a smart responsible playmaking center to get his absolute best. The Sedins for sure would be able to find him with a pass, but he'd have to change his game to bang a bit more to be able to win the puck back.

Stastny and Weiss are both a great fit for him and players Toronto should really be looking at this year.

ginner classic is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:25 PM
  #815
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
The bipolar nature of the 15 min new cycle causes this.

Lui got a shut out so now hes worth Parise. Tomorrow he will let in 4 and be worth Cam Barker.

Wizeman* is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
  #816
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Maybe he was hoping....lol
Yeah, I know I'D want to leave the Canucks for the Leafs.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
  #817
racerjoe
Registered User
 
racerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
The bipolar nature of the 15 min new cycle causes this.

Lui got a shut out so now hes worth Parise. Tomorrow he will let in 4 and be worth Cam Barker.
Can you imagine if we package them together?

racerjoe is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
  #818
Co Ho*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
The bipolar nature of the 15 min new cycle causes this.

Lui got a shut out so now hes worth Parise. Tomorrow he will let in 4 and be worth Cam Barker.
Not really, Luongo has over 10 seasons of putting up great stats, most of which are elite. Any rational person could see he is, at the very least, a top 10 goalie and has proven this on a consistent basis. We don't know the details about the interest regarding his contract and how that affects his value, but I think saying he returns a top 6 player, a B level prospect, and a 2nd/late 1st, would be fairly realistic.

Co Ho* is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:44 PM
  #819
Sterling31
YNWA
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skg View Post
I posted this in the other thread but Kessel just doesn't fit in Vancouver, as dynamic as he is. Just ask Alain Vigneualt if he wants to have Kessel in the lineup and I can imagine him saying "no, he can't play defence and disappears when he gets hit a few times. I don't care if he can score 40 goals." That's not knocking Kessel, that's knocking our coach.
That would be tampering.

Sterling31 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:47 PM
  #820
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
The bipolar nature of the 15 min new cycle causes this.

Lui got a shut out so now hes worth Parise. Tomorrow he will let in 4 and be worth Cam Barker.
I think the consensus is that it's Schneider + for Kessel that's being discussed. Not Luongo.

Reign Nateo is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:55 PM
  #821
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
I think the consensus is that it's Schneider + for Kessel that's being discussed. Not Luongo.
Discussed by whom? Is there a link to the source of this fantasy anywhere?

ginner classic is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:06 PM
  #822
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
I think the consensus is that it's Schneider + for Kessel that's being discussed. Not Luongo.
Schneider plus for Kessel? Well they both have an equal amount of goals.
I just don't see Kessel as a good fit even though he is talented. I also think it's clear that Luongo is getting traded not Schneider so this won't work for TO either as they would want a young player. Vancouver has made the decision to build around Schneider as their future goalie so the discussion seems pointless.

vanwest is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:21 PM
  #823
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Schneider plus for Kessel? Well they both have an equal amount of goals.
I just don't see Kessel as a good fit even though he is talented. I also think it's clear that Luongo is getting traded not Schneider so this won't work for TO either as they would want a young player. Vancouver has made the decision to build around Schneider as their future goalie so the discussion seems pointless.
While i absolutely agree, it seems that Luongo is being treated as the number 1 right now.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:23 PM
  #824
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
While i absolutely agree, it seems that Luongo is being treated as the number 1 right now.
Yes, for the last two games which also happened last year a few times with Schneider when he got hot. People read too much into minor things. The Luongo ship has sailed in Vancouver. It's possible that he could stay this year but in my view very unlikely.

vanwest is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:28 PM
  #825
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,703
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
While i absolutely agree, it seems that Luongo is being treated as the number 1 right now.
I disagree

Schneider will start at least 2 of the next 3 games because AV planned to play Luongo 3 of the first 10 and because there are no back to backs for the next three, I will assume Cory gets all three.

this has been the plan all along and unless Cory pulls our a horrible game, we won't see Luongo for the next little while

LPH is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.