HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Canadian Politics III

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 08:31 AM
The Moose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
He seems to have real difficulties with not getting sued and even more difficulties with not having to pay people for his lies. It's only a matter of time before SunTV gets the plug pulled, having Ezra and Michael Coren spew garbage with nothing but dead air watching isn't profitable.
Don't forget Charles Adler.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moose View Post
Don't forget Charles Adler.
Almost forgot about Adler. The radio station that used to carry Canucks games in Vancouver now has his awful show at night. He's awful in many, many ways, yet still doesn't disgust me as much as Ezra.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:43 AM
The Moose

Quote:
Almost forgot about Adler. The radio station that used to carry Canucks games in Vancouver now has his awful show at night. He's awful in many, many ways, yet still doesn't disgust me as much as Ezra.
He is live around noon on 630CHED in Alberta and sometimes I listen to him while driving. The thing is he used to be ok a long while ago. Conservative, of course, but not a blowhard and pretty reasonable. He went off the rails after Conservatives came to power. But you are right, Ezra is in an entire different league altogether..

Old
01-31-2013, 09:21 AM
bombers15

More brilliance from Ezra. This time just flat out, unapologetic racism.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...ing-the-gypsy/

Quote:
These are gypsies, a culture synonymous with swindlers. The phrase gypsy and cheater have been so interchangeable historically that the word has entered the English language as a verb: he gypped me. Well the gypsies have gypped us. Too many have come here as false refugees. And they come here to gyp us again and rob us blind as they have done in Europe for centuries … They’re gypsies. And one of the central characteristics of that culture is that their chief economy is theft and begging.

- Ezra Levant

Old
01-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Free Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombers15 View Post
More brilliance from Ezra. This time just flat out, unapologetic racism.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...ing-the-gypsy/
Isn't the CBSC investigating him for hate speech because of that diatribe?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 AM
bombers15

Quote:
Isn't the CBSC investigating him for hate speech because of that diatribe?
Oh, probably. And he'll complain about an affront to free speech.

You have the right to say stupid make-believe crap, but my problem is when it is called "news". That shouldn't be allowed, and isn't under Canadian broadcasting standards (I think). Give him a show called Ezra yells at things and makes stuff up. Two or three people will watch, but at least they won't be told that it's news.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Canada implemented visa restrictions on Czech citizens after removing them and one of the main reasons were Roma (gypsies) coming to Canada claiming to be refugees. I've had the opportunity to speak with some diplomats in the past (social situations not work related), Ezra Levant isn't far from their opinion. Not saying it justifies what he is saying, just some food for thought on the subject.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

vCash: 325
I always thought Gyspies should have their own country like the Jews did. They are an unwanted nuisance pretty much everywhere they go, like in Spain they are insufferable.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
I always thought Gyspies should have their own country like the Jews did. They are an unwanted nuisance pretty much everywhere they go, like in Spain they are insufferable.
I remember a few years ago when I was in Madrid in the subway some people caught a young gypsy girl who was trying to pickpocket them. She must have been thirteen or fourteen. In France they had gypsy "camps" that you had to walk through to get to some metro or train station entrances. You had to watch your bag while fending off two or three hawkers just to go inside.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Free Torts

More unrestrained stupidity from backbench Tory MPs:

Quote:
Investigate some abortions as homicides, Tory MPs ask RCMP

Three Conservative MPs want the RCMP to investigate any abortions performed after 19 weeks in Canada as possible homicides.

The MPs from Saskatchewan, Alberta and Ontario make the request in a letter on House of Commons letterhead to RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson.

In the letter, the MPs say abortions performed at 20 weeks gestation or later breach Section 223a of the Criminal Code.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Rocko604

Quote:
It wouldn't surprised me at all if Paulson told them **** right off.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Free Torts

Sun News sends a letter to viewers in their database, complete with postage-paid envelopes to write letters to the CRTC:

Old
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
IWD

How telling that they signed off as "The Sun News team" instead of someone actually attaching their name to this masterpiece.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
How telling that they signed off as "The Sun News team" instead of someone actually attaching their name to this masterpiece.
Didn't the Sun News header already imply that? Waste of ink, I thought these people were fiscally conservative.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Transplanted Caper

I'm pro-choice, but am too worried about any of the abortion stuff. I can't imagine the RCMP is going to go rogue, reverse 25 years of policy, and decide to go after doctors who perform abortions because Maurice Vellacott tells them too.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:38 PM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
Didn't the Sun News header already imply that? Waste of ink, I thought these people were fiscally conservative.
They're more socially conservative, and have been for a long-time. Economic control bad, social control good. Reinforce the hierarchy's foundations.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
I'm pro-choice, but am too worried about any of the abortion stuff. I can't imagine the RCMP is going to go rogue, reverse 25 years of policy, and decide to go after doctors who perform abortions because Maurice Vellacott tells them too.
Relying upon the Run With Life blog as the basis for this call to action by the MP lunatic fringe of the CPC is the first problem.
http://run-with-life.blogspot.ca/

The claim in the letter that "code p94.6" refers to only to liveborns is incorrect, Patricia Maloney was called on that in her blog and admitted that she was incorrect.
http://run-with-life.blogspot.ca/201...tics-born.html

Just seeing something that is not there - sort of like God.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:52 PM
tony d
The franchise

Again I'm vs. abortion but it's taking things to far if you start to go after doctors who performed abortions and charge them with murder. It's actions like these that make people really wary of the Conservatives.

01-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Again I'm vs. abortion but it's taking things to far if you start to go after doctors who performed abortions and charge them with murder. It's actions like these that make people really wary of the Conservatives.
Perhaps wary of a few lunatics out on the fringe but Harper has been clear for years (and backed it up with action) his government is not re-opening the abortion debate. When backbench wack-a-doodle MP Stephen Woodworth tried to do this via private member motion he was shut down as similar private member motions and bills have been shut down in the past with Harper voting against them.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Defensive Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Perhaps wary of a few lunatics out on the fringe but Harper has been clear for years (and backed it up with action) his government is not re-opening the abortion debate. When backbench wack-a-doodle MP Stephen Woodworth tried to do this via private member motion he was shut down as similar private member motions and bills have been shut down in the past with Harper voting against them.
I was recently doing some research for a public policy essay and came across a strange fact about Stephen Woodworth. Apparently, he ran as a member of the Liberal Party back in 1988. I'm sure some of you already knew that, but it shocked me.

Unfortunately, I also found out that he is an alumni of the school that I currently attend.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:08 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Flash View Post
I was recently doing some research for a public policy essay and came across a strange fact about Stephen Woodworth. Apparently, he ran as a member of the Liberal Party back in 1988. I'm sure some of you already knew that, but it shocked me.

Unfortunately, I also found out that he is an alumni of the school that I currently attend.
I believe that anti-abortion groups endorsed Ray Hnatyshyn's Liberal opponent which helped contribute to the NDP beating him in 1988. Interesting fact.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Wetcoaster

Ontario Court of Appeals upholds Canada's laws on medical marijuana and impliedly the criminal prohibition.
Canada's ban on marijuana was effectively upheld Friday when Ontario's top court struck down an earlier court decision that said Canada's laws related to medicinal pot were unconstitutional.

In overturning the lower court ruling, the Court of Appeal ruled the trial judge had made numerous errors in striking down the country's medical pot laws.

Among other things, the Appeal Court found the judge was wrong to interpret an earlier ruling as creating a constitutional right to use medical marijuana.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/pot-sta...#ixzz2JgluuorE

Old
02-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Free Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Ontario Court of Appeals upholds Canada's laws on medical marijuana and impliedly the criminal prohibition.
Canada's ban on marijuana was effectively upheld Friday when Ontario's top court struck down an earlier court decision that said Canada's laws related to medicinal pot were unconstitutional.

In overturning the lower court ruling, the Court of Appeal ruled the trial judge had made numerous errors in striking down the country's medical pot laws.

Among other things, the Appeal Court found the judge was wrong to interpret an earlier ruling as creating a constitutional right to use medical marijuana.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/pot-sta...#ixzz2JgluuorE
Yay! Backwards we go!

Old
02-05-2013, 09:09 PM
jgravessimcoe

Robocall Push Polls:
You have evidence?! Ooooops, sorry guys; just an internal communications error!

Quote:
Saskatchewan Conservative MP Tom Lukiwski told the Regina Leader-Post last week that Saskatchewan Tory MPs were not responsible for the calls.

“Certainly polling is not something I’m doing and I’m pretty sure I’d know if any of my colleagues was doing something like that and I haven’t heard a thing. That’s just something I wouldn’t have done anyway.”

Conservative Party spokesman Fred DeLorey also originally denied the party was involved, writing in an email Friday, “We are not polling.”

On Tuesday, however, after Postmedia and the Citizen received the forensic analysis, and sent emails to the party and Meier, DeLorey sent a release to the parliamentary press gallery saying that the party did make the calls.

“There was an internal miscommunication on the matter, and the calls should have been identified as coming from the Conservative Party,” said DeLorey.

“Their political objectives trump every ethical rule and every regulation of the CRTC and decent behaviour,” [Goodale] said.
Lies, followed by excuses. Some real pieces of **** in this government.
Too bad we live too comfortably in this country for people to give a rats ass.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:27 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Quote:
223. (1) A child becomes a human being within the meaning of this Act when it has completely proceeded, in a living state, from the body of its mother, whether or not

(a) it has breathed;
They are reaching