HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 11:58 AM
enuck

vCash: 500
A sound win against the Hawks would be a psychological punch to their guts. Play clean, play hard, and win this one boys. Go Canucks Go!

Old
01-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Crows*

This town will go nuts if Lu shuts down hawks and Keith gets owned.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:01 PM
rattytattat

It's been said but....dump it in on his side and go hard to the puck. If he gets hit several times he will throw a tantrum and steal away hawks focus. If in that tantrum he does something nasty.....the gloves are off and we deal with him. In a fair clean way of course.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Soth

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post

If you try to injure our best players, expect some push back.
That's the type of talk that was going around when the Bertuzzi incident happened.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombsy View Post
I'm more of a lurker than a poster these days but thought I'd weigh in on this. The cheapshot Keith laid on Daniel should be compared to the one that Claude Lemieux laid on Kris Draper in 1996. The difference being that the victim here was one of the best players on the game. And that player being missed in the playoffs screwing any chance of getting by LA. Sidenote, Canucks did outscore LA in the 2 games Daniel was back for.

Anyways, the next time the Wings and Avs played the next season, Darren McCarty kind of jumped Claude Lemieux and never gave him a chance to fight back. Lemieux "turtled" but he really never had a chance from the get-go. The game after that, Lemieux and McCarty both started the game. Lemieux switched to LW to line-up beside McCarty who was playing RW. They talked and dropped the mitts and fought off the opening draw. Lemieux lost the fight but gained respect.

That is how Duncan Keith should handle this before it has the potential to turn into a Moore/Naslund/Bertuzzi situation. Keith should expect to have someone tougher like Kassian or Bieksa go after him and Keith should fight back. He'll probably lose the fight but that situation will be over and done with. The Canucks / Hawks rivalry will still be there and hopefully as good as ever. But the worries about getting even with Duncan Keith for his cheapshot will be over and done with. Squaring off with Alex Burrows does nothing to settle the score.
Well said. Best post on the subject. Nothing dirty should happen, but Keith should expect to have to man up if he wants to act so tough.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Babs

Just want to say that I totally agree with the posts by both Wolf and Bombsy, great job and very well put.

We are not going to get the fight with Keith, at least the one we want. It is reasonable to have him fight KB3 as they are roughly the same size since Kassian would/could injure him. However its safe to say that Keith isn't man enough to take a fight that he would assuredly lose in order to atone for a cheap shot on a player that he has no respect for. No one here has any delusions that Keith has any class, he put that to rest with that hit.

Here's what I think is going to happen. Kassian is going to end up having to fight yet another 4 min/game goon in Bollig. Keith is going to fight Burr (well wrestle him to the ground anyways). Keith will turnover the puck in order to avoid hits from Kassian and Danny will reap the reward with a 2 goal night in a Canuck win.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:26 PM
yoss

If Burrows fights Keith i hope he goes forehand backhand. On his face. Sorry

Predicting a Sedin multiple point performance and a W in regulation.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Moore Money
Registered Boozer

anual ass kicking at the hands of the Hawks.

the Hawks speed and skill is too much for our slow rusty dmen. They allow 4 breakaways, 7 two on ones resulting in 7 goals against. Keith gets 4 points, trolls the Canucks all game, and everyone wonders why this team is so gutless for not doing anything about it.

someone creates a thread on the main board call "7Schneider"

Old
01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Just want to say that I totally agree with the posts by both Wolf and Bombsy, great job and very well put.

We are not going to get the fight with Keith, at least the one we want. It is reasonable to have him fight KB3 as they are roughly the same size since Kassian would/could injure him. However its safe to say that Keith isn't man enough to take a fight that he would assuredly lose in order to atone for a cheap shot on a player that he has no respect for. No one here has any delusions that Keith has any class, he put that to rest with that hit.

Here's what I think is going to happen. Kassian is going to end up having to fight yet another 4 min/game goon in Bollig. Keith is going to fight Burr (well wrestle him to the ground anyways). Keith will turnover the puck in order to avoid hits from Kassian and Danny will reap the reward with a 2 goal night in a Canuck win.
I could live with this.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Here's what I think is going to happen. Kassian is going to end up having to fight yet another 4 min/game goon in Bollig.
I'd rather have Vandermeer in the lineup to take on Bollig. Why risk injury to one of our better forwards for a thug?

Old
01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
I'd rather have Vandermeer in the lineup to take on Bollig. Why risk injury to one of our better forwards for a thug?
Heck, even let Volpatti or Weise do it. Unless Bollig is running at the Twins, there is no sense in having Kassian dance with him.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
I do not think Kassian should fight Bollig. However i think Volpatti is a better hitter than Vandermeer which is a good trait to have in the lineup as well. I am not sure the Canucks are a better fighting team then the Hawks but i do know they are a much better hitting team then the Hawks. If Edler Ballard Kassian Hansen Lapierre Volpatti and Weise are hitting to hurt it will be a difficult physical night for the Hawks even if nothing happens with Keith. I am hoping that both happen but if not Volpatti can affect a game with his hits. Vandermeer would be like John Scott, nice security but if he is not in a fight what is he there for. Perhaps we need the NHL to expand the lineup by one more spot again so we all can have our policeman again.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
VanCity Millionaires

vCash: 893
I personally would like to see an Aaron Rome on Nathan Horton style hit.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:43 PM
StringerBell

I'm sorry, but hitting Keith hard every chance you get is not an acceptable form of retribution tomorrow. That should be the standard every time we play Chicago. Tomorrow there needs to be a discernible consequence for taking a run at our star. If he won't fight Kassian that's fine, but he's fighting someone tomorrow, and I hope to hell the team has enough sense to not make it Burrows. I'm hoping for a Keith on Keith (Ballard) fight.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Fictional Realism
Reason for Optimism

vCash: 894
Lapierre is actually the guy I see going after Keith. He's a better fighter than Burrows and bigger ... plus I think Keith may actually drop them with him ... unlike say a lunatic like Kassian.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:49 PM
Crows*

Gotta draw him in to a scrum. I have a feeling he will weasel out of any scrap.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:50 PM
jimmythescot

Who was it on the Avs that dropped the gloves with Weiss before he even knew he was in a fight? I'd like to see a repeat of that from one of our players. Use the slightest provocation as an excuse.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:51 PM
M A K A V E L I*

They could just pretend Keith is a goalie and fire slapshots at him all game.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:52 PM
PRNuck
Rekt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Lapierre is actually the guy I see going after Keith. He's a better fighter than Burrows and bigger ... plus I think Keith may actually drop them with him ... unlike say a lunatic like Kassian.
Give Lappy 30 seconds and Keith will be wanting to fight with him

Old
01-31-2013, 12:52 PM
PRNuck
Rekt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
Who was it on the Avs that dropped the gloves with Weiss before he even knew he was in a fight? I'd like to see a repeat of that from one of our players. Use the slightest provocation as an excuse.
In all fairness that should have happened immediately after the hit last year.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
rattytattat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
Cody mcleod

Old
01-31-2013, 12:56 PM
yoss

Welcome home Keith! I hope the fans are loud on Friday.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Zombotron
omomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I'm sorry, but hitting Keith hard every chance you get is not an acceptable form of retribution tomorrow. That should be the standard every time we play Chicago. Tomorrow there needs to be a discernible consequence for taking a run at our star. If he won't fight Kassian that's fine, but he's fighting someone tomorrow, and I hope to hell the team has enough sense to not make it Burrows. I'm hoping for a Keith on Keith (Ballard) fight.
Keith-on-keith violence. Brilliant.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity Millionaires View Post
I personally would like to see an Aaron Rome on Nathan Horton style hit.
Except not late so it's legal.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:01 PM
PRNuck
Rekt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Except not 0.3 seconds late so it's legal.
Fixed your post

Closed Thread