HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
clayman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCDevil View Post
I have no ties to the rumored relocation sites so I can't see myself rooting for a team in QC or Seattle. Definitely not Seattle. Those guys are jerks.
I lived in Arizona for over 30 years, and now in Oregon, so if they move to Seattle I wouldn't be as bummed as I would be if they moved to QC.. They'll always be the Phoenix Coyotes to me though. I'll stick with them as long as they keep the team together but if they disperse all over the league I'll follow Doan and some other favorites.

Seattle guys are jerks? Uh, okay.. lol..

Old
01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Really feel for you guys. Never want to see a fanbase lose their team to relocation.

This saga has been drawn out and has to be hard on you guys. Hope for the best, nothing is official yet. I hope the Coyotes stay in Phoenix.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Just take the team already. Get it away from this clown.
This idiot thinks that Glendale owns the Coyotes. He has groups that he is comfortable with. What an idiot. The only thing he owns is an overpriced property about to be foreclosed on because he can make the payments. Seriously, these quotes from the Mayor are really making me suspect that he actually has no clue about the dynamic here. Does he not understand that the league owns the Coyotes and will decide who they sell to?

I guess this could've been predicted long ago:

1. New council goes full retard.
2. It doesn't matter at all because Jamison was never real.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Now that i think about it, if the Coyotes move to Seattle....i might be able to stick with them. I don't think many of our players would have a problem moving there, and unless the ownership group is crazy, i don't see why they wouldn't keep Maloney and Tippett. I moved to California when i was 15, so i know what it's like to be in another state than the team. I was there for 5 years, and i still followed them as closely as i did when i had season tickets. This would happen AS SOON as i move back to AZ and am finally old enough, and have a good enough income to buy my own season ticket

My main issue would be that the "Coyotes" would be history....Winnipeg got their team back, you have to believe Quebec will get theirs back, Atlanta got a new team TWICE, Minnesota got theirs back...after all this, Arizona has no hope for another NHL team ever again. They don't want to deal with this mess again. This team has a lot of sentimental value to me, I've been invested in this team for years. It kept me away from family problems at home as a kid, and i met a lot of great people through the Coyotes, that were the greatest fans, that are no longer with us. I could go on forever, but it won't mean anything. Come midnight tonight, if we haven't heard anything, I'll know to start preparing myself.

Last edited by Rabbit: 01-31-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old
01-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Crows*

Really tough for you guys. My premature condolences. I can't imagine

If they move I hope they go up Seattle. Lu to Seattle for doan

Old
01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Does he not understand that the league owns the Coyotes and will decide who they sell to?
From what I gather, he is a teaparty bumpkin

Quote:

Do we win a prize if both happen simultaneously? Or is it like dividing by zero?

Old
01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman View Post
I lived in Arizona for over 30 years, and now in Oregon, so if they move to Seattle I wouldn't be as bummed as I would be if they moved to QC.. ...

I spent one weekend in Portland 4 months ago, and that was long enough to know that a lot of your Oregon neighbors think Seattle guys are jerks

Old
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
I lived in Arizona for over 30 years, and now in Oregon, so if they move to Seattle I wouldn't be as bummed as I would be if they moved to QC.. They'll always be the Phoenix Coyotes to me though. I'll stick with them as long as they keep the team together but if they disperse all over the league I'll follow Doan and some other favorites.

He's from OKC. The took Seattles basketball team. I'm assuming they have to hear the same type of crap we had to hear from all the Winnipeg fans for so long.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
MP

Quote:
Now, I'm not one to hold grudges, but I'm just saying that Seattle was responsible for an awful lot of flannel whiner rock back in the 90s, and they still haven't apologized for it.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I really can't get over the fact that the Mayor seems to think he has a role in this process beyond deciding how much more than six million but how much less than fifteen million per year is appropriate to pay an arena manager that can promise an anchor tenant in the form of an NHL hockey team. What kind of crack is this idiot smoking? Empty arena for six or possibly filled (some day) arena for fifteen? That's really all he has to consider.

To think that he can vet "suitors" to purchase the team is just so absurd, it feels like a dream.

What has come out about Jamison today (possibly zero dollars) and the Mayor (he thinks he owns the team?) feels like a dream. Is this real life?

I feel like David after the dentist.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:43 PM
Kimahri

Quote:
This idiot thinks that Glendale owns the Coyotes. He has groups that he is comfortable with. What an idiot. The only thing he owns is an overpriced property about to be foreclosed on because he can make the payments. Seriously, these quotes from the Mayor are really making me suspect that he actually has no clue about the dynamic here. Does he not understand that the league owns the Coyotes and will decide who they sell to?

I just took the quotes to mean that there was one group that he was comfortable with working out a lease agreement with.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:45 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

I'm sorry but I'm disgusted by this whole thing. Who wins in this debacle?

Fans?
NHL?
Coyotes?
Glendale?

I know there will be a not of finger pointing and if the rumors are true, how the hell did GJ even get into this mess? He was a very upstanding guy. Why would be do this kind of thing?

I will fulfill my ST commitment but I'm seriously done with this crap. We do deserve better.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:52 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'm not about to blame anybody. I may think Weiers is a jackass, but I can't hate a guy who doesn't agree Glendale needs to spend it's way out of this mess to the tune of 320mil. We all have our opinions and I don't fault him his. The previous council did what they could. i can't really blame Jamison even if he collected zero dollars. Obviously he was encouraged by the NHL and they league was responsible for vetting him properly. Also, if the third group in three years also raised ZERO dollars to "purchase" the team, how can you really blame the NHL? 170mil or 110mil, does it really matter when your best offer is zero bucks?

Most of the critical death blows in this fiasco were struck years, and years ago. No sense in blaming the events of the last twelve or twenty four months, in my opinion.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Anybody know if Jamison still plans to make an announcement? I am really interested in how he'll sugarcoat a "no, sorry."

Old
01-31-2013, 12:53 PM
goyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
I'm sorry but I'm disgusted by this whole thing. Who wins in this debacle?

Fans?
NHL?
Coyotes?
Glendale?

I know there will be a not of finger pointing and if the rumors are true, how the hell did GJ even get into this mess? He was a very upstanding guy. Why would be do this kind of thing?

I will fulfill my ST commitment but I'm seriously done with this crap. We do deserve better.
Actually, the NHL does win. It has a soft landing for the Coyotes in relocation with QC in the dirt on a new arena. They get a relocation fee ala the Jets. They got $50M from the taxpayers of Glendale. And, they got Glendale to forgo a $50M payment from Ballsilly if Glendale would have sided with him on the purchase and really threatened the NHL's right to control franchise locations.

So the NHL spends a few million bucks over the process. It will come out of this ahead in the long run. There is a reason why fans hate Bettman, and why the owners love him.

Last edited by goyotes: 01-31-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Anybody know if Jamison still plans to make an announcement? I am really interested in how he'll sugarcoat a "no, sorry."
I'm guessing we get a 2 paragraph presser from the NHL saying they are working with the city on new options. That will tide over the hopefuls until the end of the season and the inevitable.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

20 ****ing months that jack ass had to close this deal. he ****ed Doan, he ****ed us fans, he ****ed the city of Glendale. Never will i drink the cool-aid again. I fell for it this time b/c he was a known commodity. People stuck their necks out on the line this past summer for him, people put their lives on hold for him and to **** us over like this speaks very lowly of his character. He doesn't "owe" Coyotes fans anything beyond the straight truth and honesty.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:04 PM
seasontixholder

vCash: 576
In the end do we think that the NHL set Jamison up to fail or was there a secret deal with Jamison from the league. Think about this. The NHL said we need some time Jamison, we'll give you some money to say you want to buy the team but you won't be, giving us time to set up a move to QC or Seattle. I know conspiracy theories.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:13 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCDevil View Post
I have no ties to the rumored relocation sites so I can't see myself rooting for a team in QC or Seattle. Definitely not Seattle. Those guys are jerks.

Pardon the thread jack but do you follow the Barons? Pretty good hockey there.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
I'm not about to blame anybody. I may think Weiers is a jackass, but I can't hate a guy who doesn't agree Glendale needs to spend it's way out of this mess to the tune of 320mil. We all have our opinions and I don't fault him his. The previous council did what they could. i can't really blame Jamison even if he collected zero dollars. Obviously he was encouraged by the NHL and they league was responsible for vetting him properly. Also, if the third group in three years also raised ZERO dollars to "purchase" the team, how can you really blame the NHL? 170mil or 110mil, does it really matter when your best offer is zero bucks?

Most of the critical death blows in this fiasco were struck years, and years ago. No sense in blaming the events of the last twelve or twenty four months, in my opinion.

I think we can blame our valley neighbors who have not supported this team and the greatest game on earth.

I for one (barring a miracle) will be disappointed, should the team part. More importantly though I am extremely greatful for the excellent hockey we have seen since the Tippett era, less of course the recent lockout. Let's face it, we've had it good and the only truely dark times on the ice were during the Gretzky era.... hell, I even enjoyed most of that!

Old
01-31-2013, 01:15 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Yep, this is it for me. Too disgusted by the whole thing. Even if the team is sold, ST are no longer on my list of must haves.

I was considering buying a jersey before the meet the team night, glad that it's coming out now what I can expect rather than after I've already spent my money. The NHL got my season ticket money this year, but they've lost me as a long term fan. I dont even know that I feel like attending any more games with a lame duck season and underwhelming play on the ice.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:16 PM
doaner

11 hrs and 43 mins left til it's over!

Old
01-31-2013, 01:17 PM
Kimahri

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Was there any confirmation that Jamison was ever planning on making an announcement? The only place I saw it reported on was the same storys that said he was making an announcement that he has closed the deal with the NHL. And those obviously weren't true.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Source: Report attorney for Greg Jamison asked Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers for extension on arena-management deal "is absolutely not true.""

Old
01-31-2013, 01:22 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Source: Report attorney for Greg Jamison asked Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers for extension on arena-management deal "is absolutely not true.""
Doesn't mean anything. Not confident enough to ask for an extension?

Closed Thread