HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part V)

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Old MSG 79 49.07%
New MSG 82 50.93%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 02:57 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Gotcha. I'd say 224, Row 3. But the one wild card for me is the areas in front of the center ice 200s (222-224.) Is it all press and cameras? And how much of a distraction, if any, is it for those who sit directly behind it?
yes all the press is there and there are no tvs in section 224, i think there are tvs in 225 but I'm not sure ill have to look. I'm currently in 224 r 21 but I'm worried about those stupid bridges and I'm thinking about moving down in the future. but i realize getting a row 3 would probably take me another 20 years of tenure.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:36 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
yes all the press is there and there are no tvs in section 224, i think there are tvs in 225 but I'm not sure ill have to look. I'm currently in 224 r 21 but I'm worried about those stupid bridges and I'm thinking about moving down in the future. but i realize getting a row 3 would probably take me another 20 years of tenure.
I would try and move down a few rows if possible. Don't know about 20 years, but depending on how long you've already been a subscriber, and how long the team remains competitive, it could be a while. It took me ~10 years to be able to position myself to get my current Row 1 and 2 seats this past summer...but the team being dreadful for the first 4 of those seasons (no playoffs) definitely helped me get upgrades faster than had the team been strong and renewal rates higher.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
In front of 224, you have a row of cameras. There's no first and second row with the TVs. I don't find them distracting at all, others may have a different opinion.
Good to know row 3 is elevated enough to make the cameras a non-issue.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Good to know row 3 is elevated enough to make the cameras a non-issue.
I didn't mean to mislead you, but I'm in row 6. Can't speak for row 3, but I think you're right. If I get to the Garden early enough, I'll snap a pic from row 3 and post it here.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:32 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
I am in section 418.
If you are not in the first 4 rows of 418, 419 I wouldn't do it unless it's a really good deal.
The 5th row is sketchy. In rows 6 and 7 (back two) you cannot even see the opposite goal.

If you get a real good deal though you can always buy them and then walk around a find a spot to stand in the Upper Balcony which is right above you. Besides the bar stool seats, there are a few other nooks and crannies up there where you can stand and watch.
Thanks. I decided to dish out 20 more bucks for the 200s center ice

Old
01-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Abooch68

I'm taking my cousins to their first Rangers game at the garden tomorrow. We're in 209 row 16. How are those seats? Are the ushers good at keeping people from walking up to their seats during play?

Old
01-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Tanner Glass
Tanner 'C'lass GOAT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
I'm taking my cousins to their first Rangers game at the garden tomorrow. We're in 209 row 16. How are those seats? Are the ushers good at keeping people from walking up to their seats during play?
Unfortunately not

01-30-2013, 09:26 PM
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.

I know that this has been stated before and went through a few handful of pages but couldn't find it.. what row in the 200s is the 400s equivalent?

thanks in advance.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:42 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by highandwide View Post
I know that this has been stated before and went through a few handful of pages but couldn't find it.. what row in the 200s is the 400s equivalent?

thanks in advance.
Row 15 and up.

01-31-2013, 07:55 AM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Well here's the problem. Because it's quick turnaround between whistles, it's impossible to get from the gate to your seat before play resumes. Impossible, unless it's a TV timeout, or you have seats close to the aisle.

If you're in the middle of a row, you can expect a lot of ******** shouting at you to wait for a whistle, when that's exactly what you did.

My advice... time your bathroom breaks or walking tours to end during a TV timeout. Or just wait until the intermissions.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnyr View Post
Well here's the problem. Because it's quick turnaround between whistles, it's impossible to get from the gate to your seat before play resumes. Impossible, unless it's a TV timeout, or you have seats close to the aisle.

If you're in the middle of a row, you can expect a lot of ******** shouting at you to wait for a whistle, when that's exactly what you did.

My advice... time your bathroom breaks or walking tours to end during a TV timeout. Or just wait until the intermissions.
Truth, but what can you do? I always try to use the TV timeouts which seem to change from year to year. Plus there is alot less icing these days (which is a good thing), so sometimes they have a hard time even getting to a TV timeout. You have to watch for the guys with the shovels...

01-31-2013, 10:09 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Truth, but what can you do? I always try to use the TV timeouts which seem to change from year to year. Plus there is alot less icing these days (which is a good thing), so sometimes they have a hard time even getting to a TV timeout. You have to watch for the guys with the shovels...
its never changed. 1st whistle thats not after a goal or icing at the 14 minute, 10 minute and 6 minute marks of each period. there can't be a tv timeout in the last 2 minutes of play in the 3rd either.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Tanner Glass
Tanner 'C'lass GOAT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
its never changed. 1st whistle thats not after a goal or icing at the 14 minute, 10 minute and 6 minute marks of each period. there can't be a tv timeout in the last 2 minutes of play in the 3rd either.
Wait, there's actual rules to it?

I thought it was just near the 15, 10, and 5

Old
01-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnyr View Post

This is still one of the great things about the 400's (Blue seats) that are left.
Not too many rows, so you can make it in and out quickly.

If someone does happen to try to walk in or out, they take enough abuse that it never happens a second time.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:37 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post

I thought it was just near the 15, 10, and 5
haha yes theres actual rules

Old
01-31-2013, 10:39 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Yup. Keeps the TV timeouts somewhat spaced out evenly. Obviously you can get them back to back if there is a long stretch with no whistles followed by a quick one...but generally it keeps the timeouts spread out.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:29 PM
JoeBoo

They key to determining that there will be a television timeout, is looking at the penalty box side of the red line. When a tv timeout occurs there will be a red bulb that goes on. I've seen this at MSG, Prudential Center, Air Canada Centre, and the Verizon Center.

I haven't been to a game this year, but I always check that just to verify a tv timeout is happening.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoo View Post
They key to determining that there will be a television timeout, is looking at the penalty box side of the red line. When a tv timeout occurs there will be a red bulb that goes on. I've seen this at MSG, Prudential Center, Air Canada Centre, and the Verizon Center.

I haven't been to a game this year, but I always check that just to verify a tv timeout is happening.
You can know it's a timeout just by knowing there is a stoppage of play after 7:00 and I forgot the other two. It won't go to a timeout after that time if there was a goal scored or an icing. If there was a goal or an icing, they go to the next stoppage of play.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
01-31-2013, 02:25 PM
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
this is correct. tv timeouts also can't happen during a power play. there can be one right after a penalty call at the start of the pp however.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:32 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
I remember last year, we played a period without a TV timeout.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:06 PM
rick063092

First off, I definitely agree that it may be tough(depending where your seats are) to make it back to your seats after a quick whistle and before they drop the puck on an ensuing faceoff..There's just too many rows and seats in those rows respectively but you can tell by the flood of people making their way up the rows carrying beers, food etc., once a stoppage occurs that they did in fact wait for a whistle..
To play devils advocate, however; if you don't know or care about hockey etiquette and have no problem interrupting and ruining someone's enjoyment of the game by standing during continuous play I have an issue with that..also, if a person can't hold a piss or their impulse need to make a beer run during continuous play and have no problems getting up and ruining views or inconveniencing others than I have no problem telling them to wait for a whistle..they've made seating almost idiot proof as well, a sign outside each exit stating section and seating for that respective exit-people still can't read letters and numbers and walk around clueless...one good thing is with the angle of the seats of the upper bowl, a person getting up won't inconvenience everyone sitting behind them..

Old
01-31-2013, 04:12 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick063092 View Post

First off, I definitely agree that it may be tough(depending where your seats are) to make it back to your seats after a quick whistle and before they drop the puck on an ensuing faceoff..There's just too many rows and seats in those rows respectively but you can tell by the flood of people making their way up the rows carrying beers, food etc., once a stoppage occurs that they did in fact wait for a whistle..
To play devils advocate, however; if you don't know or care about hockey etiquette and have no problem interrupting and ruining someone's enjoyment of the game by standing during continuous play I have an issue with that..also, if a person can't hold a piss or their impulse need to make a beer run during continuous play and have no problems getting up and ruining views or inconveniencing others than I have no problem telling them to wait for a whistle..they've made seating almost idiot proof as well, a sign outside each exit stating section and seating for that respective exit-people still can't read letters and numbers and walk around clueless...one good thing is with the angle of the seats of the upper bowl, a person getting up won't inconvenience everyone sitting behind them..
Yep. People STILL walk through the entire row even when they realize it's not their section or that they're seat 1 on the other aisle in a 22 seat row. Some people are just clueless, inconsiderate, or a combination of both.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

At least in the lower bowl, it's downright pathetic how early people leave, and how late they come back. People miss 10 minutes of a period to get an overpriced hot dog, they leave a 2-2 game with 5 minutes left in the third. I think they've begun to actually tell ushers to not let anyone into the arena itself until a TV Timeout/stoppage, which I think is really awesome, because it's really annoying how much you have to stand up and have people squeeze past you because of their hunger/bladder issues. I didn't see this last year. Very good improvement.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:31 PM
ban

At any sporting event, I would try to crouch in aisle by my seats if I could not get from entrance to row to seats in time. Couldn't imagine shuffling past people during live play.

Hockey might be hardest to do this but I still would. And if I was more than a few seats in I would wait for TV timeout or between periods.

As it is (I am 2 from aisle, row 3) I rarely get up.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:40 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
At least in the lower bowl, it's downright pathetic how early people leave, and how late they come back. People miss 10 minutes of a period to get an overpriced hot dog, they leave a 2-2 game with 5 minutes left in the third. I think they've begun to actually tell ushers to not let anyone into the arena itself until a TV Timeout/stoppage, which I think is really awesome, because it's really annoying how much you have to stand up and have people squeeze past you because of their hunger/bladder issues. I didn't see this last year. Very good improvement.
At least from my vantage point in the 400's last year, I saw the ushers doing that in the lower bowl. Maybe some people got past it or others were more lenient but it looked like they were doing a solid job about it. Someone in the lower bowl would know better though. Least by where I am in 225, they do an alright job of not letting people in during play. I don't really notice that much anyway since I'm in the middle of the row and people going up and down doesn't affect me for the most part.

Closed Thread